Author Topic: What happened to KLCI?  (Read 5152 times)

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
What happened to KLCI?
« on: May 23, 2006, 09:57:01 AM »
Just finished my exams and checked read the papers today.. Was shocked that the stock market fell by 18.89 points!

Here's some info I got from a few sources:

"At the close, the KLCI was down 18.89 points, or 2%, at 925.51. Yesterday's plunge extended the benchmark's losing streak to eight days in a row.

Across Asia, stocks were sharply lower as nervous investors dumped stocks, fuelled by concerns over rising lending rates." -biz.thestar.com.my

"Gold prices fell as much as US$20 (RM72) per ounce to US$639 (RM2,320). Light crude oil for June delivery fell 93 US cents to US$67.60 per barrel. Other precious metals also fell, with silver sliding 4% to a one-month low.

Growing inflationary pressures from rising oil prices had triggered speculation that the US Federal reserve could raise interest rates again. The US dollar strengthened to a near one-month high against the ringgit, quoted at RM3.627 on May 22" - www.theedgedaily.com

The question now is how low is it going to go to?
Well, look on the bright side... oil prices went down :P
I always thought that if Gold goes up, stocks would go the other way.. Hmm.. anyone can tutor me on this?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:59:11 AM by julez.lim »

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
Re: What happened to KLCI?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:56:08 PM »
Yup, the situation seems confusing.  In fact, the commodity price went down due to overbuying and speculation weeks ago.   Other than gold, copper, aluminum, iron and etc went up too due to concern pertaining to higher demand.  This lead to speculation by the full time investor. 

However, the current situation facing the oil and commodity market would serve to benefit us more.  This will contain the inflationary force of the upstream product that uses those resources. 

Just that the consistent drop of the world stocks market is worrying.  Although most government had somehow insured themselves through the trust funds to be used to hedge the impact, it would be a grave concern when those funds are not able to contain the drop.  Hope the drop wouldn't cross the psychological line.

Eg. The Indian shares that plunged 10% was cushion by the bought back of mostly Blue chips shares by the state-run mutual fund on the order of the Finance Ministry of India.  So, the Indian market lost 4% at the end of the day.  The right action by the government serve to cool off the panic effect of the initial sudden drop.
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »
Well.. At least lately we don't see such huge drop in KLCI anymore... Quite a number of good stocks have dropped in prices. What do you guys think? Good time to buy or wait and see?

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
Hmm... Since like the BIG BIG BEAR has come out of hibernation...
Seems like the saying of "Sell in MAY and GO Away" is pretty true for last year and this year... Did not track previous years...

Looking at the candlestick graph... 3 huge black candlestick... Doesn't look good for near term, I guess...
Any feedbacks?

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 05:58:15 PM »
"KUALA LUMPUR: The Kuala Lumpur Composite Index (KLCI) rose to a 6½-year high yesterday, as the weaker crude oil price boosted buying interest in select blue-chip stocks.

The KLCI closed 5.25 points higher at 975.62, its best level since April 2000. " -biz.thestar.com.my

This is definitely good news... Any investors out there earning from this bull?

Graph taken from biz.thestar.com.my

[sorry, this attachment has expired]

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »
Learn Elliott Wave... and you ve predicted this bullrun...
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
Still learning bout Elliot Wave

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 01:51:41 PM »
"The KL Composite Index (KLCI) yesterday hit a day’s high of 990 points before closing the holiday-shortened week at 989.9, up 7.27 points from Thursday" -biz.thestar.com.my

Well the BIG BIG question... Is it going to hit 1000points?

What do you think? I think it can happen if more good news come in

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 02:00:47 PM »
If it does it will be done in less than 2 weeks.
If not it will not be done this year.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »
Maybe Christmas will give it a boost...
Now it's treading at 990...

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »
Just some updates:

"The Kuala Lumpur Composite Index (KLCI) touched a seven-year high of 1,000 points just before noon on Friday.

The KLCI was up 4.81 points at 1,000.06 at with gains in seen in plantation stocks and other stocks" -biz.thestar.com.my

Offline bebop

• Civilian
    • Samuel Tan : Me, Myself and I.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 10:04:17 PM »
Nice.. Too bad it fell below at the end of the day.. Hopefully it'll exceed expectations next week.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »
Well, today, it has gone over above the 1000 barrier :)

What is interesting is the picture below that I got from the Star BizWeek... Can we expect a Super Bull Run??
My guess is the next few days it would be an uptrend as it as broken the 1000 barrier.. Sentiment will be more bullish..
Let's see whether I am right or wrong..
Again... I am not a pro.. just saying my point of view

[sorry, this attachment has expired]

Offline shilau

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
EPF MAKER