Author Topic: UT agent  (Read 4725 times)

Offline rob2001al2001

• Knight
UT agent
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
Hello, i had been approached to become a UT agent for Public Mutual. What do you guys think? Any pros and cons??? TQ
Like your views.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Re: UT agent
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:11:49 PM »
I was approached too previously and even went to the intro class...
Pretty good package and stuff they have. A bit like MLM whether they have people above u earning a small amount that you earn. It depends solely on the individual. If you like it, then join...else don't. Just be open minded...

I did not join because personally, I do have a principle that is "Don't play play with other people's money"

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 09:29:17 PM »
Hello, i had been approached to become a UT agent for Public Mutual. What do you guys think? Any pros and cons??? TQ
Like your views.

I think it depends very much on your investing nature.  I have a coliq who joined because he wanted to purchase the trust at cheaper price as UT agent got to keep 3% (depending on the company).

There are also some who join simply to learn and build contacts with those agents there.  In fact, I feel that the approximately RM200++ is worth spending to learn.  In fact, if you really go full time, I heard the $$ is refundable when you manage to sell more than RM200K worth of trust.  By that time, I think the RM 200+ is nothing to you.
Regards,
Denlee

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:10:43 PM »
Just wondering... how much is the typical investment in UT? Do most individuals usually purchase RM1k or 5k or more?

I know those credit card salespeople can get quite a lot of signups per day. Is it the same with Unit Trusts?

If it's quite common for people to invest lump sum payments of RM10,000 then this is a pretty lucrative side business...

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 06:10:52 PM »
The amount invested depends on ppl. Most ppl i know would go in 5k or 10k initially. And depending on performance, ppl may bit by bit put in more as they gain more confidence.
There was once i met this guy. He told me he put a small amount into overseas fund. So, i asked what's the amount. To my surprise, it's RM80K. And that is considered small amount!
Depends on ppl. If you are rich and have lots of $$, 5k and 10k is a value that one will not feel it's ROI.

Offline basiclevel

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:00:25 AM »
I think it depends very much on your investing nature.  I have a coliq who joined because he wanted to purchase the trust at cheaper price as UT agent got to keep 3% (depending on the company).

There are also some who join simply to learn and build contacts with those agents there.  In fact, I feel that the approximately RM200++ is worth spending to learn.  In fact, if you really go full time, I heard the $$ is refundable when you manage to sell more than RM200K worth of trust.  By that time, I think the RM 200+ is nothing to you.

Hi, you will get full refund of RM247.50 if you managed to sell RM20K of equity or balanced funds within first 6 months after u join.  At the same time of getting full refund, as an incentive to all new agents, you will be able to recruit people as your downlines (without overiding commission).

Offline basiclevel

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
I was approached too previously and even went to the intro class...
Pretty good package and stuff they have. A bit like MLM whether they have people above u earning a small amount that you earn. It depends solely on the individual. If you like it, then join...else don't. Just be open minded...

I did not join because personally, I do have a principle that is "Don't play play with other people's money"

It is not MLM, it is the having the same scheme as insurance, only 4 levels.
If you are able to sell more than what your upline did, then you will be able to be promoted to higher level than him/her.  Those who can't maintain quota will be demoted.

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 11:06:49 AM »
Hi, you will get full refund of RM247.50 if you managed to sell RM20K of equity or balanced funds within first 6 months after u join.  At the same time of getting full refund, as an incentive to all new agents, you will be able to recruit people as your downlines (without overiding commission).

Hi Basiclevel,

Is this refund of RM247.50 in addition to the 3% commission for every sale?

Thanks.

Offline basiclevel

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 02:10:16 PM »
Hi Basiclevel,

Is this refund of RM247.50 in addition to the 3% commission for every sale?

Thanks.

Yes, you will earn commission on the sales that you made and at the same time, you also enjoy a full refund of RM247.50 as additional incentive.

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 05:25:52 PM »
I d say, invest yourself. Forget unit trust.
Unless of course you have no knowledge of investing and have no intentions to acquire those knowledge.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 06:46:48 PM »
Beware of some UT agents...
When bond prices are expected to drop, my UT agent called me and asked me to invest in BONDS!
Make sure u get an agent who has years of experience and full time

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »
And trustworthy :o
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »
It's the same case with UT agents, stockbrokers and real estate agents. Their priority is to make money for themselves and so they will always advise you to buy or sell, because they make from turnover.

It's very important indeed to find a trustworthy  agent.

Offline rob2001al2001

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
hello, already 6 months pondering on this. Think I would join... if not for the sake of marketing UT, its also an opportunity to learn about the stock markets and economy as a whole. Also can monitor my own investments... p.s. will also get the 3% for any funds I buy. Not bad.

Offline booffett

• Knight
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
Beware of some UT agents...
When bond prices are expected to drop, my UT agent called me and asked me to invest in BONDS!
Make sure u get an agent who has years of experience and full time

then i guess whole malaysia dun have the agent tat u mention...
agent is good in salesmanship...

what the heck they still an agent when they already expert in stock and economics?

might better be fund manager, speculator...
why still in red ocean, in an industry with negative barrier of entry?
what the heck do like dog begging for ppl to buy a product u have little bargaining power of?

barrier to entry negative is becoz, ppl will beg u to join into the industry... (other good industry, ppl will stop u from entering becoz they dun want to share profit with u)
these kind of industry require you yourself to be hard core bull to be success, not need strategies at all...hard work and hard work until u strike... (hopefully not strike death) wahahahahh

The problem with cut loss is, easy to say hard to do; the problem with let the profit run is, most often, the profit only run 100m, not the 400m as you expected.

http://www.booffett.~.com/

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »
Good for you, rob.
Differentiate yourself by having the advantage of knowledge. Continue learning...