Author Topic: Opinions on CIMB All-Star Protected Note plz...  (Read 2510 times)

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Opinions on CIMB All-Star Protected Note plz...
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:48:52 PM »
"CIMB is pleased to announce today the launch of the All-Stars Global Protected Note, a 100% capital guaranteed product providing investors with upside exposure to a globally diversified basket of 20 top multinationals. The companies selected are all world leaders in their respective industries. This includes such well-known household names as Toyota, Honda, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung. Besides offering twice-yearly payments as well as full currency protection on the principal amount invested, this product also allows investors to choose from different levels of guaranteed returns, including an option to receive a guaranteed return of 8.00% in the first year of the investment" - www.cimb.com.my

What do you guys think?
Heard that minimum investment period is 5 years. Only first year the return is guaranteed. The remaining 4 years is unknown. But regardless of what, you initial amount stays... Thus, no risk except just earning 8% for 5 years...

I have seen this products in other countries but packaged differently. What do you guys think? Worth to invest?

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
Re: Opinions on CIMB All-Star Protected Note plz...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
Invest yourself better rite?
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
How about other people's opinion? Especially, those of low risk appetite

Offline basiclevel

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 09:40:32 AM »
All you need is to put in as little as RM100,000

Even though first year return is guarantee, but there is a binding period of 5 years, and from 2nd years onwards, the return is not GUARANTEED.
It just show you that the maximum return that this deposit may get for investors.

*Depositors should be aware that this instrument is principal protected by the issuing bank upon maturity only. If the instrument is redeemed or sold PRIOR to maturity, the investor may face fees or costs which could result in the investor LOSING PART OR ALL of the initial deposit amount. The returns on this instrument are uncertain and the depositor risks earning no returns at all.

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »
After I learnt from unit trust industry over 5 years, I will not buy anymore from banks as it's more on TBC (transaction based commision), as every UT purchase is at chargeable cost, and you don't really enjoy gold member benefits. 
With 100K investment, I have enjoyed so many benefits as follows:

Unlimited Free Switching. You have the flexibility to switch between our funds as frequent as you wish.
Over the phone redemption
Redemption Cheques within 24 hours
Free Insurance, up to a maximum coverage of RM500,000
MAAKL Gold Hotline
MAAKL Online Service
Market and Fund Updates
Half-Yearly Statement
Free Exclusive Publications
MAAKL Gold e-news
MAA's Golden LoungeMAA Golden Lounge*
Details extracted from:
http://www.maaklmutual.com.my/ASP-bin/Public/mutMaaklGold.asp