Author Topic: insurances for your parents  (Read 11138 times)

Offline howe928

• Civilian
insurances for your parents
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
normally parents will buy insurances for their children, have you ever thought of buying insurance for your parents? if so, what are the good products available for you to choose from? this is one of the many i found

taken from https://www.maa.com.my/MAAAS/pages/ProductInfo.aspx?ProdID=63
MAA Senior Gold

Description

SeniorGold is specially designed for our Senior Citizen aged 50- 80 years. This wonderful product ensures Guaranteed Acceptance and No Medical Check- up required! It provides up to 5 times of the principle sum insured for Accidental Death Benefit with an affordable premium. Even more… this plan offers an essential coverage for the elderly, which is natural death. It also gives you coverage up to 100 years old which ensures your golden years a total peace of mind!

Benefits

1. Accidental Death Benefit
      In the event of accidental death, the Accidental sum insured will be payable according to the attained age of the insured.

2. Natural death Benefit
      - Natural Death Benefit after 2 consecutive years policy incepted.
      In the event of natural death occur after 2 consecutive years from the date of policy incepted, the basic sum assured is payable according to the entry age sum insured table.

- Natural Death Benefit within the first 2 years policy incepted.
      In the event of Natural Death occur within the first 2 years from the date of policy incepted, all premium paid will be refunded.

3. Repatriation Benefit
      The company will reimburse up to RM3,000 to the insured’s legal representative for the cost of bringing the mortal remains back to Malaysia in the event death of the insured occurs whilst travelling outside Malaysia.

4. Maturity Benefit
      Basic Sum Assured is payable upon the survival of the insured to the maturity of policy (100th birthday of the insured).

5. Cash Value
      In the event the policy is surrendered prior to the maturity date, some amount of surrender value is payable.

Underwriting

1) Entry Age
Insured : 50 to 80 years old
Policyholder : 18 years old and above

2) Mode of Payment
~ Annually
~ Semi-annually
~ Quarterly
~ Monthly

3) Maximum Sum Assured
Each applicant can apply for maximum 5 units only.

4) Policy Maturity Age
100 years old

5) Plan Code

Individual
~ 1 unit : SG101
~ 2 units : SG102
~ 3 units : SG103
~ 4 units : SG104
~ 5 units : SG105

Worksite Marketing
~ 1 unit : SG101W
~ 2 units : SG102W
~ 3 units : SG103W
~ 4 units : SG104W
~ 5 units : SG105W

Public Sector
~ 1 unit : SG101P
~ 2 units : SG102P
~ 3 units : SG103P
~ 4 units : SG104P
~ 5 units : SG105P

Taken from http://www.theedgedaily.com/cmspreview/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_b90232e3-cb73c03a-6691da00-3485267a
'The product is for customers aged 50 to 80. Policy buyers are guaranteed acceptance without a medical examination and the premiums are as low as RM50 per month.

SeniorGold offers natural and accidental death benefits, repatriation benefits up to RM3,000 and 24-hour worldwide protection. The plan does not cover medical benefits.

“SeniorGold is a less profitable product for us but our main purpose is to return to society some benefit especially to senior citizens. Hence, we came up with this plan, which does not include underwriting, so as to enable insuring without medical check-ups and with late age entry levels,”'
Let's learn together.
I believe school should make financial planning and life skills a must study topics instead of useless subjects.
Last but not least, i am single and looking, sorry, female only please, please drop me an email and we shall chat : )

Offline leno

• Earl
Re: insurances for your parents
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 02:31:34 PM »
 >:D >:D >:D

Becareful when buying insurance on your parent life ..... you want them to die faster so that you can claim the insurance is it ?

Whoaaaa.....hoooaaa....hoaaaaa......  >:D

If you still live on your parent incomes and pocket money ..... or your parent got nothing to pass down to you .... then please buy insurance on their life.

Malaysian is goin crazy since the KLCI drops 20 points this morning .......  ???

Offline stockmaster

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »

Becareful when buying insurance on your parent life ..... you want them to die faster so that you can claim the insurance is it ?

If you still live on your parent incomes and pocket money ..... or your parent got nothing to pass down to you .... then please buy insurance on their life.

Malaysian is goin crazy since the KLCI drops 20 points this morning .......  ???
Looks who talking ha ha ha....hey dude 20 points ok lah, not so bad.

Offline uvirra

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:34:43 AM »
I would say, it's better to get Health Insurance for parents. I just got a medical card 2 years ago for my my mom.

Offline leno

• Earl
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »
Why buy medical insurance for them ... they planning to get sick is it ?
Better spend the money on OSIM massage chair .
Or pay for their vacation to spend on 5 star HOTEL instead of 5 star Hospital- lah dude.
Treat them with good food at fancy restaurant ... not good medicine at fancy GP.
The more happy, the more healthy they are.

I am serious man ... think ... aiyoyo .... think .....  >:D

Offline RL

• Civilian
    • Surviving Stock Market
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:46:10 PM »
I would say, it's better to get Health Insurance for parents. I just got a medical card 2 years ago for my my mom.

Hello,
Yeah... i think medical card would be a good idea... you never knows when you will need it... just be prepared for rainy days.... :)

Healthy always...  ;D
Surviving Stock Market - www.survivingstockmarket.~.com

Offline leno

• Earl
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
The only ways to prepare for medical treatment is by Medical Card Only .....huh ??  >:D
You being brain-washed by the agent lah man ... mo tak kau !!

The only ways to invest is thru insurance investment - linked ... huh ??
The only ways to save money is thru buying insurance ... huh ??
The only ways to protect income is thru buying income protect insurance ... huh ??

Think ...... slowly ...... think ....... slowly ..........  >:D
But dont think toooooooo slooooooow  >:D

Offline RL

• Civilian
    • Surviving Stock Market
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »
haha.... i never said it is the ONLY option... READ... Leno.... READ....  :P

but i think it is an option worth considering though.... (My personal opinion)... :P
Surviving Stock Market - www.survivingstockmarket.~.com

Offline wizardteo

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
http://www.cidb.gov.my/cidbweb/registration/greenc/index-en.html#nogo

this is offer 24 hours around the world but only rm50 for malaysian two years each.

this insureance more cheaper but not all can apply see the link above for further info.

Offline leno

• Earl
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »
Nominated for the BEST SARCASTIC INSURANCE post EVER !  :speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

Offline vistar

• Baron
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 01:57:01 AM »

2 medical cards?