Author Topic: Maybank Dana Yakin & MUTF  (Read 3350 times)

Offline KatFish

• Civilian
Maybank Dana Yakin & MUTF
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
Help!

I've been contributing monthly investment into these two funds since 2000 until I stopped it in Mar 06. To date, I'm making loss on both funds.

Should I withdraw (since what they earned is used to pay for their fees and nothing comes to me)?
Should I wait until market is better?
Should I switch to other Maybank funds (I doubt any is performing)?

Money is a tool that brings greatness once you master it.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Re: Maybank Dana Yakin & MUTF
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:25:14 PM »
I went to look at both of these funds at http://www.maybank2u.com.my/consumer/investments/investment_prod_mayban_dana1.shtml#title

I think would need to view what type of stocks they invest in first. MUTF states blue chips... But mainly in what stocks specifically? Me need all these details to decide. Sadly, could not find it on the web...
If those stocks they invest in are like dead, then better leave... Just my opinion.

How bout others? Any opinions?

Offline cdbox

• Civilian
    • utilize passive capital to generate more in future
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »
Help!

I've been contributing monthly investment into these two funds since 2000 until I stopped it in Mar 06. To date, I'm making loss on both funds.

Should I withdraw (since what they earned is used to pay for their fees and nothing comes to me)?
Should I wait until market is better?
Should I switch to other Maybank funds (I doubt any is performing)?

hi cat fish,

u try to back trace these 2 funds for their performance, if u think they are lack of performance. 2 Options suggested.

(1) try to switch to any "conservative" fund e.g bond  -also back trace the performance 1st
(2)  Redeem back to your pocket, no point holding your money continously - CUT LOSS, if you can afford to loss some from your total capital.

bye cdbox

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »
Yo cdbox,
How's the bond situation now? Heard last is that the performance is not going to be too good with the rising interest rate (if it still continues, especially). Has the price of bonds stabilized & better now? I pulled out $$ from by bond fund already...

Btw, Katfish, wat's ur risk appetite?

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:48:37 PM »
Suggest not to look into bonds now.
Look at bonds in 3 years time.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline KatFish

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:44 AM »
Yo cdbox,
How's the bond situation now? Heard last is that the performance is not going to be too good with the rising interest rate (if it still continues, especially). Has the price of bonds stabilized & better now? I pulled out $$ from by bond fund already...

Btw, Katfish, wat's ur risk appetite?

Hehehe . . . when market was super delicious in 1997-98, I put in every single cents I have  ;)
I control my portfolio according to market condition by my own rating. For now, I have pulled 80% out of stocks.

Offline KatFish

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 01:28:21 AM »
hi cat fish,

u try to back trace these 2 funds for their performance, if u think they are lack of performance. 2 Options suggested.

(1) try to switch to any "conservative" fund e.g bond  -also back trace the performance 1st
(2)  Redeem back to your pocket, no point holding your money continously - CUT LOSS, if you can afford to loss some from your total capital.

bye cdbox

Thank you. I'm afraid cutting loss is a wise move now. Ouch!