Author Topic: REAL ESTATE AGENT WANTED INSURANCE PART TIME JOB OR SHARED COMMISIONS.  (Read 8993 times)

Offline Ricky

• Civilian
Hi, I am a sales executive that working with a developer. I just want to know ist got any insurance company that offer part time job or If I introduce my customer to one of the agent here, ist got any commisions given? Cause I usually got encounter some of my customer they don't like MRTA but prefer life insurance.

Offline earwax

• Knight
Re: REAL ESTATE AGENT WANTED INSURANCE PART TIME JOB OR SHARED COMMISIONS.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 03:04:07 PM »
I think you can try AIA. It should be quite easy to get. I know my friend became AIA agent for awhile (but then he quit later).
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
Insurance partimer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:59:35 PM »
Currently, insurance agents are like degree holders.  Throw a stone on a walkway, got 60% chance that you will hit a youth with degree alike.  Among the players insurance industry, Great Eastern got the most agents followed by AIIA and PRUdential.

In fact, it's a good choice of you going into the line as it compliment your role as a sales executive as well.  It's easy to join them.

What you needed to do is to join one of the area managers or even an agent.  Get to read some basic insurance textbooks & pay nominal sum to take a test to be qualified to be an agent.  However, crash course would still need around 3 weeks to get certified.  Remember that, you needed to renew the certification once a year by attending refresher course of 3 Days to keep your licence.

There are two insurance agents here, they are junn yun and venven81.  You can check with them by personal messaging.  Good luck!
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline Ricky

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59:14 AM »
Hi, I am back again. Sorry for the late reply :) Thanks for all the info that given to me by all the good gentleman and fair ladies here. By the way I also know that if u want to become a insurance agent u need to take a test, does anyone know usually how much its cost?

This few days I read a book that is written by one of the famous writter, I forgot his name already but the content sound intresting to me, ist talking about degree VS license. In this 21 century era, degree holder are getting more and more. Research show that most of the degree holder having hard time either finding a job or getting a job that have connection with his study;exp: a IT degree holder work as a sales person in a computer retail shop, that usually that position is mainly for SPM holder.

According to this book, most of the big company's executive are looking forward to a candicates that have qualified license and lots of experince in his profesions, than a degree holder that just graduate from university. So, in my own opinion I think that if u can own 2 to 3 licenses in this 21 century, u can suceed in ur career whenever which profesions u are.

I myself are targeting for the insurance license, real estate agent license, unit trust agent license. Does anyone of u know any license beside those? How to obtain a real estate agent license and unit trust agent license?

Anywhere,thanks for the reply :)

Offline venven81

• Knight
    • Prudential. Your One Stop Financial Centre.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
ricky,
the reason you want to possess all these licenses is you want to 'multitask'? meaning, you are some sort of a one-stop centre for everything, right?
but through my experience, I'm not saying that it is not a good approach but let me ask you this, if you disperse your focus on too many things at a time, can you actually do a good and professional job? For instance, as a good unit trusts agent, you have to constantly help your clients to monitor the funds' price so that you are in a better position to advise your clients when to sell and buy, but if you're doing multiple task at one time, can you cope with that?
that's one of the reasons why a lot of people are saying that unit trusts is not making money for them; because a lot of agents just care about selling and not monitoring. For me, what I practise is when I come by with any prospects who need something other than what I am focusing on, i.e. life insurance, I will recommend them to go to those who are in that particular field.

Ok. Back to the main topic. In order to obtain insurance license, all you need to do is register yourself for the tests (PCEIA for Life Insurance license & CEILLI for investment-linked license). For unit trusts, of course you again need to undergo another test in order to obtain unit trusts license. As for real estate, I have no idea. Perhaps someone here from this industry can shed some light.

Another area of interest would be CFP (certified financial planner). These are the key benefits of becoming a CFP:
-Learn and apply all aspects of the financial planning process.
-Recognise a range of client needs and recommend effective solutions.
-Develop special expertise in insurance, investments, retirement, tax and -estate planning.
-Attain an internationally recognized and accepted financial planning, designation and distinguish yourself from your competition.
-Earn your credibility with the public.
-Increase your productivity with efficiency.
-Add to your career growth and professional experience.

As the financial services industry ventures into the new millennium, the business environment have become more demanding and highly competitive. The public now demands for more value-added services beyond just product sales, which may or may not fit into a person's overall needs. Therefore, a higher level of competency, professionalism, and overall service standards are needed by the financial institutions and their staff in order to survive and excel in this competitive and demanding environment.

The key success factor for all the financial institutions and their staff is to refocus from its traditional profit-driven to market-driven approach. The most effective way to achieve this goal is through the process of personal financial planning because of its client-centered approach and the focus on meeting clients' long-term needs. Hence, customers will increasingly demand more professional, well-trained and capable financial planners, who can provide them with the comprehensive personal financial planning services to meet their lifetime financial goals.

Prudential for your protection & investment needs

Offline Salahdin

• Companion of Honour
  • Sharing is Divine. Keeping is Bovine.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 11:41:53 PM »
I heard that the CFP would cost around RM7.5K for 6 modules.  The papers are offered only twice a year.  Is that true?
The worst way of learning is to keep all the knowledge to yourself.  So, share it to others as they would to you.

Regards;
Salahdin (The Great Caliph of Baghdad)

Offline venven81

• Knight
    • Prudential. Your One Stop Financial Centre.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:42:31 PM »
personally, i haven't found out for myself what is the cost for CFP module. i will let you guys know once i've found out the actual figure  :)
Prudential for your protection & investment needs

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 11:08:15 AM »
A quick check with a Financial Planning company shows that the cost is near RM7.5K.  However, some of the costs would be absorbed by the company if you are attached to them.
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 01:18:42 PM »
Don't worry so much bout $$.. Just make sure that the lecturers are good..
I am pretty sure ROI on the 7.5k will be pretty high

Pattern Trader

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »
ricky,
the reason you want to possess all these licenses is you want to 'multitask'? meaning, you are some sort of a one-stop centre for everything, right?
but through my experience, I'm not saying that it is not a good approach but let me ask you this, if you disperse your focus on too many things at a time, can you actually do a good and professional job? For instance, as a good unit trusts agent, you have to constantly help your clients to monitor the funds' price so that you are in a better position to advise your clients when to sell and buy, but if you're doing multiple task at one time, can you cope with that?
that's one of the reasons why a lot of people are saying that unit trusts is not making money for them; because a lot of agents just care about selling and not monitoring. For me, what I practise is when I come by with any prospects who need something other than what I am focusing on, i.e. life insurance, I will recommend them to go to those who are in that particular field.

Ok. Back to the main topic. In order to obtain insurance license, all you need to do is register yourself for the tests (PCEIA for Life Insurance license & CEILLI for investment-linked license). For unit trusts, of course you again need to undergo another test in order to obtain unit trusts license. As for real estate, I have no idea. Perhaps someone here from this industry can shed some light.

Another area of interest would be CFP (certified financial planner). These are the key benefits of becoming a CFP:
-Learn and apply all aspects of the financial planning process.
-Recognise a range of client needs and recommend effective solutions.
-Develop special expertise in insurance, investments, retirement, tax and -estate planning.
-Attain an internationally recognized and accepted financial planning, designation and distinguish yourself from your competition.
-Earn your credibility with the public.
-Increase your productivity with efficiency.
-Add to your career growth and professional experience.

As the financial services industry ventures into the new millennium, the business environment have become more demanding and highly competitive. The public now demands for more value-added services beyond just product sales, which may or may not fit into a person's overall needs. Therefore, a higher level of competency, professionalism, and overall service standards are needed by the financial institutions and their staff in order to survive and excel in this competitive and demanding environment.

The key success factor for all the financial institutions and their staff is to refocus from its traditional profit-driven to market-driven approach. The most effective way to achieve this goal is through the process of personal financial planning because of its client-centered approach and the focus on meeting clients' long-term needs. Hence, customers will increasingly demand more professional, well-trained and capable financial planners, who can provide them with the comprehensive personal financial planning services to meet their lifetime financial goals.

This is moonlighting. ;D

Offline Voon Ho

• Civilian
Hi, I am a sales executive that working with a developer. I just want to know ist got any insurance company that offer part time job or If I introduce my customer to one of the agent here, ist got any commisions given? Cause I usually got encounter some of my customer they don't like MRTA but prefer life insurance.
DELETED

Please use PM for personal interest.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:52:45 PM by venven81 »

Offline sytecx

• Knight
I heard that the CFP would cost around RM7.5K for 6 modules.  The papers are offered only twice a year.  Is that true?

its rafly true..hehe im goin for my cfp course module2 already

Offline sytecx

• Knight

DELETED

Please use PM for personal interest.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:53:23 PM by venven81 »