Author Topic: Funds investing OVERSEAS  (Read 13926 times)

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Funds investing OVERSEAS
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:33:44 AM »
The current buzz in unit trust seems to be on those funds that are investing overseas.
All the unit trust road shows are promoting people to invest in that fund. After talking with some of them, I am still sceptical. Reasons are due to:
1. Are our fund managers experienced investing overseas? This is a new thing for our local fund managers, correct? (If you ask me to invest through Singapore or Hong Kong, I will feel much more safer, knowing that their fund managers have lots of experience investing outside their country)
2. 6% fee to be paid. I notice that some of the unit trust agent prefer to sell those funds that we have to pay 6% fee compared to those funds that we pay only 0.5% fee (for example, certain bond fund). This is because their commission is higher right? That is why I prefer to be careful as some agents juz worry about their commission without consideration on our actual financials...
3. No track record yet. (As most of you know by now, I am a slow slow person. I need more data)
4. Incomplete information. When I was approached, some funds are not able to tell me which funds they are majorly investing in. This is scary for me as I normally need this info when I invest in local equity funds

Any comments out there?

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
Re: Funds investing OVERSEAS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:34:08 PM »
I totally agree with you on point #1. Investing in stock is to have good understanding on the company perfomance while investing in unit trust is much on the understanding of the fund manager. Usually you need to know his background, experience and his achievement in the investment field. However the questions is even he is successful in Malaysia market, how good is he in foreign market. This is the risk. For me, I felt that if the fund manager have strong basis of investment knowledge and philosophy plus a bit research and flexibility, he will have chance to succeed.....but in the end you still need to trust this person. Sometimes in this world, we just need to trust people after we have understood them, we are not expert in every field!

Secondly I would like to comment that most equity fund charge 5-6.5% because the fund manager need to do more work to monitor your fund while bond fund is usually 0.25%. When the market is good equity fund usually yields better return than bond fund but sometimes bond fund might better. A good agent will advice you accordingly with the situation of market regardless how much they earn. The agent will earn around 3% if u invest in equity fund while very few in bond fund.

I would say investing in overseas market is a good opportunity for us. Sadly to quote that Malaysia has the worst performing market in year 2005 in the region. I would advice you to look to the performance of Korea, Indonesia, Japan market that has perform very well recently. Rather than put all egg in one basket, we have chance to diversify our investment in multi-national market.

Before you start invest, of course you need to know where the fund manager is investing. Sometimes, new fund is risky too.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »
I agree with you. Most of the time I enter quite late into a fund/stock as I prefer to see track record or trend... :)

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »
It's very true.  The newly launched trust funds that invested majority of their funds overseas seemed to picked up rather fast since it's launched.  Somehow, I monitor one of them to have gained almost 1% in less than 2 weeks with initial offering at RM0.50.  Reason that I didn't buy it is due to the fund managers performance last year.  Most of their funds lose $$$ as they invest in local equity market but wonder how some Public Mutual funds that invest similarly in equities actly get 4% to 5% when the local market are so bad.  However, that meagre return still failed to pay the initial fees.  Huh...last year really a tough year!
           Mayb we should take some calculated risk when venturing into new funds.  The info is so limited initially.  Can we rely solely on fund managers' track record in this case?
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »
Nah... I don't think last year was a bad year. With so many ups and downs.. There's bound to be profit taking for professionals...

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:27:25 AM »
Julez, I saw Public Mutual and some PRUdential trusts that invested in equity market gain lesser than 6% last year, Pacific Mutual faired worst at everage.  How would the professional gain $.  Any ways that you can share? Thanks
Regards,
Denlee

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »
Hi Jeybon,

The duration recommended for unit trust is usually 3-5 years to cover the initial charge. Most of the unit trust have -ve profit last year since you mention the fund still can gain last year, I believe it is not a bad fund after all.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »
Coz I can gain ma... :P
I thought fund managers would do equally good :P
There are deductions like fund management salary and all other stuff. So, they do earn more than 6%. U need to see the annual report for the actual figures, i guess...

Depends on the fund, Anonymous. Some are medium term n some are long term. I dun believe I have seen any short term ones yet. I am not sure the fund info u see was when.
Assuming the scenario below:
Month    Fund Price
Jan 05 -   RM1.00
Feb 05-    RM1.10
Jan 06-    RM1.14
Feb 05-    RM1.16
So, if you compare on Feb, then you will get single digit gains.. But if u compare on Jan, you will get double-digit gains

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
I think there are many factors can affect your gains, for example what Julez said depend on when you buy and when you sell. That's why unit trust agent always ask investor to do dollar cost averaging if you are not expert in jufging when the market is high or low.
But if you just want to compare unit trust performance, you can just go to Lipper website. They have comparison of funds within the same categories for 1,3,5 and 10 years.
THis year Public Mutual still top the Lipper award by getting 12 out of 20 awards.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 12:08:29 PM »
I noted tat the SmallCap funds are at its low now... None of them are at positive yield!
From the recent S&P Investment Fund Award, I notice the winner smallcap 1 year is Public SmallCap Fund with -5.09% gains...
But looking at it's 3 year record, it gained 42.81% and 5 year record, 70.90%

From the figures above, I would say:
1. It is hard to judge a fund from it's 1 year gains
2. One need to see the fund's ideal investment duration (either medium or long term) Seldom there is short term

So, another question here is since the small cap funds are at a negative level compared to previous year, is it a good time to buy the fund?
Buy low, sell high?

Offline jeybon

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 06:09:59 PM »
Thanks both Julez and Anonymous.  Perhaps it's right to keep the funds as mid term investment vehicle.  Shall keep them for another few years then.  Btw, which funds from Public Mutual would you all suggest?  I saw they have new funds like Public Far East.  Any idea?
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »
I noted tat the SmallCap funds are at its low now... None of them are at positive yield!
From the recent S&P Investment Fund Award, I notice the winner smallcap 1 year is Public SmallCap Fund with -5.09% gains...
But looking at it's 3 year record, it gained 42.81% and 5 year record, 70.90%

From the figures above, I would say:
1. It is hard to judge a fund from it's 1 year gains
2. One need to see the fund's ideal investment duration (either medium or long term) Seldom there is short term

So, another question here is since the small cap funds are at a negative level compared to previous year, is it a good time to buy the fund?
Buy low, sell high?

Yes, I agree that unit trust is recommended for mid to long term investment usually at least 3 years. Another reason why we should invest long term is to reduce to impact of initial service charge which is usually 5-7%. Let say the charge is 6% and if you invest for 5 years, each year will be only 1.2%.

I think Julez method is one of the way to judge whether the fund is low or not. But I'm not sure how you get the -5%. How I compare the prices is usually comparing the price today with the average price of the whole last 1 year, 3 year and 5 year rather than a day in last year. BUt do take note you don't count in the effect of unit split or distribution to the price.

I would say whether you want to invest in smallcap now is whether on which market you are interested and believe in now. People now are looking forward to overseas funds which they think would have the trend for growth. But we never neglect the opportunity of smallcap which is more risky that might yields higher returns. It means you should go for your market category preference after research, contemplating expert view on each market category, and your risk profile.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »
I obtained that figure from Star Papers when they showcase unit trust awards.

I do agree that one should choose the fund that suits his/her risk profile, needs & etc not based on current trend. That's why so many different types of funds are out there in the market - to cater for everyone.
There could at times be forgotten 'jewels' that most people had forgotten as they jumped aboard the band-wagon.

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
Thanks both Julez and Anonymous.  Perhaps it's right to keep the funds as mid term investment vehicle.  Shall keep them for another few years then.  Btw, which funds from Public Mutual would you all suggest?  I saw they have new funds like Public Far East.  Any idea?

Public Far East is a fund investing 70% in asia while 30% in Malaysia. I would say the fund is still new and we cannot really judge the performance yet. But talking about overseas investment, it is really a good opportunity as RHB and Prudential that had introduce Asia funds half year ago already gain around 10%. There is also one new fund Public Regional Sector which will launch end of March and is offering 1% extra units for investors.
For Malaysia fund I would think Public Equity Fund is good for high risk investors while Public Ittikal is very stable for moderate investor.

Offline jeybon

• Knight
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »

Public Far East is a fund investing 70% in asia while 30% in Malaysia. I would say the fund is still new and we cannot really judge the performance yet. But talking about overseas investment, it is really a good opportunity as RHB and Prudential that had introduce Asia funds half year ago already gain around 10%. There is also one new fund Public Regional Sector which will launch end of March and is offering 1% extra units for investors.
For Malaysia fund I would think Public Equity Fund is good for high risk investors while Public Ittikal is very stable for moderate investor.

Thanks pal.  Shall try the Public Far East for the moment.  How about bond funds?
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 09:25:07 AM »
In the latest unit trust award, I noticed highest returns are from:
AmInvest
CIMB
Public

It is worth to note that overall top 10 highest gainers for the year, there are a couple of bonds there.. Will get the info for you soon as need to search for my Star paper :P
Guess it is not an equities year....

So, do you think this year equities or bond going to perform?

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »
For bond funds who is still stable after 5 years is Publc Islamic Bond Fund with average 7-8% a year. Other new emerging funds are Ambank Dynamic Bond and CIMB Strategic Income Fund that perform >8% last year.

Offline shradzi

• Civilian
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 12:24:07 PM »
Those interested in investing with TA Unit Trust Fund, please contact me. And those looking for simple yet comprehensive study of unit trust, especially for beginners, or anybody who want to compare previous years performances, you can contact me also. Please take a look at the samples:

My email: shradzi@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:58:21 AM by shradzi »

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »
shradzi, thanks for introducing us to 2 good books...
Do give us more information la... So that we can learn. I feel that agents like you should invest on teaching the members more 1st before promoting yourself...
It would be great for u to teach us on areas like Buy, Sell, NAV and etc. These fundamental ones la... Coz I do know lots of people visiting here wanna learn bout it... Just tat no pro like you is sharing rit now :P *hint hint*

Offline shradzi

• Civilian
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »
thanks jules :) but that's too much of a compliment :p i'm in my learning processs also, but i really do find that researching makes it a lot easier to understand these things, (especially understanding those line graph!) and those added knowledge sure are valuable. For starters, i'd recommend all of u to read these 2 books, which provide fundamental knowledge on unit trust. some summaries are:

1.   What is a Unit Trust Fund?
2.   What is an Asset Management Company?
3.   What are the different types of Unit Trust Fund schemes?
4.   What is a Prospectus?
5.   What is the Net Asset Value (NAV)?
6.   What are Dividends?
7.   Are investments in Unit Trust Fund units safe?
8.   What are the Risks in a Unit Trust Fund?
9.   What are the benefits of a Unit Trust Fund?
10.   Do Unit Trust Funds assure returns?
11.   How do you make money in a Unit Trust Fund?
12.   What are the tax benefits for investing in Unit Trust Fund units?
13.   Who should invest in Unit Trust Funds?
14.   As Unit Trust Fund schemes invest only in stock markets, are they suitable for small investors?

Those are reasons why you need to have these books.

Know Your Unit Trust Investment

•   To guide all who new to unit trusts

•   To provide minimum level of knowledge, information and understanding of what unit trusts are all about.

•   To cover the minimum technical knowledge of the nature, behavior and characteristics of unit trusts.

•   To appreciate the advantages and strengths of the investment opportunity found in unit trusts

•   To serve a basic tool in preparation, skill enhancement, technical know how and competency for unit trust agents for ever more demanding and affluent customer who have become more sophisticated in their general investment requirements and expectations

•   To improve their sales and marketing skills so that they will achieve a higher level of success in their under takings

•   To stimulate interest in practical knowledge and application of unit trust investment

Investor’s Guide to Malaysian Unit Trusts

•   The only book you can count on for the total expose on the Malaysian unit trust funds. Do your investment homework with this book which profiling:

•   Over 280 Local Unit Trust Funds

•   4 Closed End Funds (including Real Estate Investment Trusts)

•   Designated Fund Managers’ Credentials

•   Performance Guide (NAV, ROI, MER, PTR, etc.)

•   Charts and Tables for Quick Reference and analysis

•   Compete industry Directory with toll free telephone numbers, email and web addresses

Offline shradzi

• Civilian
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 08:59:29 AM »
I'll post some basic info on what unit trust is and so on soon kay... tungguuuuuuuuuuuuu......

on the road to financial freedom,
shradzi

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 12:59:37 PM »
Public Far East gained shoot up 5%. THis made the fund gain 6.7% since launch in Dec. Thanks to Thaksin who finally willing to resign. Other than Thailand, all other regional markets also gone up. This are due to the strengthen of Asian currencies against the USD. KLCI had break 940 points. How much will it go up to? Will 9MP helps to boost it?
Any one who is buying other overseas funds, pls share the results. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:08:15 PM by Anonymous »

Offline junn yun

• Civilian
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 03:04:21 AM »
hello everyone, my name is junn, working as a RISK MANEGEMENT ADVISER (a.k.a insurance agent)  =) with AIA and i'm a newbie to this forum(in fact i just found this great website for malaysian yesterday) . i have yet to indroduce myself in the "introduce youself forum" coz i'm trying hard to write a strong testimonial to impress all you smart investor here =) but since you guys are talking about funds that invest into oversea market, here is something i wanna share.... here is how it works

AIA’s first full-fledged foreign equity investment-linked fund, Asia Platinum Fund (PF) will be available from April 24, 2006 onwards.

the Investment Objective of Asia Platinum Fund (PF) is to provide long-term capital growth by investing in equity and equity related securities of companies in three regional markets, i.e. Greater China, India and Japan. (it's 100% invested in foriegn market)

the Investment strategy of PF is to invested into the following AIG-managed funds:

a. AIG Greater China Equity Fund
b. AIG India Equity Fund
c. AIG Japan New Horizon Fund

AIA fund managers would actively manage the percentage of holdings for each of these three funds from time to time. This Fund will also invest in Global Emerging Markets' securities from time to time as a buffer against adverse investment climate in any of these three regional markets.

policyholders who buy a new single premium investment-linked policy or top-up on their existing single premium investment-linked policy with a minimum premium amount of RM 25,000 on the same policy will be given a one time bonus allocation units of 1% on top of the initial single premium / top-up investment. ( pls take note that this bonus will not be available after the RM30 million quota is reached.)

if you need more infomation pls PM me, criticism and comment are welcome =) thank you!

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 11:07:59 PM »
Welcome, junn.

This is interesting, does a policy holder of AIA investment linked insurance eligible to invest into those funds?  Thanks
Regards,
Denlee

Offline junn yun

• Civilian
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »
hello denlee,

exsisting investment link policy can invest into platinum fund tru ad hoc top-up. =) call ur agent to find out more... if ur need more information pls e mail me at junn_yun@yahoo.com

have a nice day!

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 08:09:01 AM »
Hi junn yunn,

There is an AIA agent called me that AIA offers a fix rate of 5.89% for home loan. With the BLR raise to 6.75% and might even go up higher in future I think this fix rate offer by AIA is a good deal. Do you have any information on this?

Offline junn yun

• Civilian
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »
hey there,

sorry for the late reply... AIA is offering 5.89%pa for special people ( existing AIA life policy holder who bought it before 1st Oct 2005 & also to approved corporate staff loan) and 6.25% open for the public.

if you're eligible for 5.89% pa ,my advise is to obtain this rate b4 it's too late. (closing date 10th may) i think this piece of information may come to u just a little   late if you still haven't summit ur application. but the good news is now AIA is oferring 5.99% for everybody! and it is for limited time only... if you plan to refinance pls act fast! all the best ya =)

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 10:08:25 PM »
For those who had invested in unit trust that invests in foreign equities, I assume you guys know that you face forex risk. Here's some news...

"Ringgit poised to hit 3.55 against US dollar - He also noted that compared with regional currencies, the ringgit had depreciated between 1% and 3.5% against the Singapore dollar, baht, won, and yen since Jan 1. " - biz.thestar.com.my

Correct me if I am wrong... For people who invested in US stocks, the will loose out in terms of forex when converted back to RM. But those who invest in S'pore, Thailand, South Korea and Japan will gain in terms of forex when converted back to RM.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »
Have been noticing at the papers lately that the asian region is badly hit by huge drop of stock market, especially in countries like india. So, was wondering, how's your overseas unit trust fund performing?
I noticed that papers show that our Malaysian stock market is not that badly hit when compared with overseas one. That's good. but for those who invested overseas thru unit trust, how did urs perform?

If u noticed, I am all the while sceptical of this overseas unit trust fund...

Offline simonf_71

• Civilian
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »
I start investing in fund 1 year ago and still learning. Why I invest in these fund? I have no idea as I am still very new in fund investment.  ??? I buy based on the recommendation from the bank.

List of my fund and performance after deducting the initial fees.

Date: 7th Aug 2006

FUNDDURATION (Days)ROI
HLG Global Healthcare Fund1111.63 %
OSK-UOB Global Equity Yield Fund1954.86 %
OSK-UOB Asia Pacific Fund195-3.75 %
Pacific S&P Global Stars Fund12-3.32 %
Prudential Bond Fund3291.76 %

Have been noticing at the papers lately that the asian region is badly hit by huge drop of stock market, especially in countries like india. So, was wondering, how's your overseas unit trust fund performing?
I noticed that papers show that our Malaysian stock market is not that badly hit when compared with overseas one. That's good. but for those who invested overseas thru unit trust, how did urs perform?

If u noticed, I am all the while sceptical of this overseas unit trust fund...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 01:24:31 PM by simonf_71 »

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »
I heard that bond prices now has gone down and may continue to drop if US increases interest rates.
TRUE?

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »
General rule have always been
Interest UP, bond DOWN
Less appeal for bonds.
But I think Fed rates are coming to a halt
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline simonf_71

• Civilian
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 09:16:30 PM »
Return from bond is not that good for me for the time being. Is about 1.95% per annum, it is better for me to put in FD.

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »
1.95%??? Huh?

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »
What fund is that?

Last year, I went for Public Bond and 2 bond funds from CIMB. They gave me reasonable returns. But definitely, seldom see as low as 1.95%...

Offline simonf_71

• Civilian
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:56 PM »
Is Prudential Bond Fund. It gave me 1.76 %  return for the duration of 329 days. That about 1.95% per annum. Luckly there is no initial fees else it could be worst.  :)

What fund is that?

Last year, I went for Public Bond and 2 bond funds from CIMB. They gave me reasonable returns. But definitely, seldom see as low as 1.95%...

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 07:36:59 AM »
These people should be shot!

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »
I just can't understand... Bonds generally would produce an ROI of >4% to the company. How come they can loose that much $$?
Bad bad....
Get to know the fund manager's name and next time, check who is handlin the fund you r investing in.

Offline simonf_71

• Civilian
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 10:03:53 AM »
I guess I invest in the wrong timing. I am confidence that some of my oversea fund will give good return in another 3-5 year. I am only buying newly launch fund for the time being, Is it a good way of investing?? or I should also look into existing fund?

I invest through bank, their service is quite good and I can track my fund performance everyday online. I prefer to deal with them since they gave me 2% extra unit and there is no penalty on my FD interest if I use my existing FD to invest before maturity.

I just can't understand... Bonds generally would produce an ROI of >4% to the company. How come they can loose that much $$?
Bad bad....
Get to know the fund manager's name and next time, check who is handlin the fund you r investing in.

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
1.76% is definitely a bad deal.
Unless there is some other compensation e.g. redemption premium or a purchase discount?
if you want 1.76% returns, I d suggest you buy dividend stocks, they pay higher ROI and some of them are as solid as a rock.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2006, 07:23:55 PM »
Just noticed another stock that gives good dividend. Will post it in the Dividend Stock board

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »
Here's something I saw from biz.thestar.com.my...

"Hwang-DBS Investment Management Bhd (HDBSIM) is targeting an annual investment return of 6% to 8% with its new capital protected Hwang-DBS Greater China Structured Fund (GCSF). "

Looks pretty interesting.. But returns are too low if one invests in China... Wat do you think?

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2006, 03:10:07 PM »

Do you know the best oversea fund lately published by Lipper? There is a top 10 and botom 10 list published in the report.
The 1st. foreign fund launched in Malaysia is actualy MAAKL Pacific Fund, give 5.63% for 1-month return in Aug-06.
If you are interested, I could send you the magazine report in softcopy, or you could also plot out the performance chart (1-year return): 24%. by MAAKL Mutual website: [http://www.maaklmutual.com.my/Pages/FundPerformanceChart.aspx]
http://www.maaklmutual.com.my/Pages/FundPerformanceChart.aspx

Note: There are 10 more MAAKL Mutual funds performing more than 15-33% for latest 1-year return.

Should you interested, contact me at HP# 012-4317538.
Jeffrey

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »
Wow.. Great info mate..
MAAKL website is very resourceful...

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »
Julez Lim, I have found the launching article at FPM (Malaysian Financial webwebsite, when it was 1st. launched in Malaysia for foreign category:
http://www.fpam.org.my/tools/actions.php?toolaction=4Epdf&id=66

Hopefully you enjoyed reading and welcome to come back to me should you have more question. 
My e-mail: maakl_jeffrey@yahoo.com

rgds,
Jeffrey

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »
Thanks... :)

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 10:19:57 PM »
Wow...MAAKL Pacific fund returns 3.4% (2.4%-30/11, 1.01%-1/12) for the past 2 days.
1-year return>25%.  100K should have delivered 25K in returns.  Jeffrey

Offline Dealer

• Civilian
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
It seems that OSK-UOB's fund has been performing well this year. What do u all think??

Offline booffett

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2006, 01:38:58 PM »
when market goes up, they goes up...
when market fall, they fall...

wat is so special about it expect we are charged ^ high management and entrance fees?

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
The problem with cut loss is, easy to say hard to do; the problem with let the profit run is, most often, the profit only run 100m, not the 400m as you expected.

http://www.booffett.~.com/

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »
EXACTLY my sentiment.