Author Topic: Kencana IPO  (Read 2065 times)

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
Kencana IPO
« on: November 28, 2006, 05:13:44 PM »
There's a new IPO called Kencana that involved in oil and gas sector listed in main board.  The IPO is priced at RM0.41 at main board.  Anyone had bought?

The company is linked to one of Mahathir's sons.  That made the offering so popular.
Regards,
Denlee

Offline 1liner

• Civilian
Re: Kencana IPO
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:48:34 PM »
I think there is also another oil and gas stock that is also politically link one, just that forgot the name....

Offline venven81

• Knight
    • Prudential. Your One Stop Financial Centre.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:36:03 PM »
My cousins and I have applied for it. apparently, my cousin was at a fitness centre when he met his friend together with Tun M's son. they were having conversation and his son actually gave some tips to my cousin and how far the share price will go... hehehe
hopefully his info is real or else i'll curse him! @%@!$^$##   ;D
Prudential for your protection & investment needs

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 05:39:21 PM »
Hmm... since like something 'interesting' going on...

Well, with an upmarket like now, any IPO should see tremendous gains in the first few days... If not, that would be a terrible stock...

I feel now is quite like the '93 whereby nearly any stock you buy can untung one :P Oh ya, how bout technology stock ar?? Pretty quite since I lost quite a lot of $$$ on them.... which was a few years ago

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:00:03 AM »
My cousins and I have applied for it. apparently, my cousin was at a fitness centre when he met his friend together with Tun M's son. they were having conversation and his son actually gave some tips to my cousin and how far the share price will go... hehehe
hopefully his info is real or else i'll curse him! @%@!$^$##   ;D

I think you have made a right decision.  The popularity of the counter itself would drive up the price.  My broker was busy taking order for that IPO on last Friday.
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
Kencana had been listed more than RM1 per share.  However, it went down to RM0.89 following the market trend.  However, it's still a bargain for those who bought during the IPO stage.  I released all of them d.  How about you all?
Regards,
Denlee

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
I would view Kencana as risky stock due to the ppl behind it.  Although it had been traded quite steadily at around RM1.40, I don't see it as a stable stock and is open to speculation.  Not my type.
Regards,
Jeybon

Offline earwax

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 04:13:27 AM »
Recently moving again.
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

Offline Nanzhan

• Companion of Honour
Re: Kencana IPO (RM1.72)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
Recent interest in Oil & Gas seemed to have rally Kencana to new height...is it good for keeping?