Author Topic: Ever considered other collective investments apart from unit trust?  (Read 2495 times)

Offline davidchong

• Civilian
Hi Everybody,

Unit trust is a form of collective investment that we are familiar with. However, there are many types of collective investments http://david-chong.~.com/2006/11/collective-investments.html that can give us a potentially higher returns of 80 - 100% in 2 - 6 years.

Unit trust is dependant on the stock market and is volatile. There are collective investments that invest in solid assets such as real estate. This can diversify our portfolio and provide us with steady appreciation. And guess what? It also comes with 100% capital protection, this means you never lose your money and do not have to worry when the stock market dips.

What do you think? Share your thoughts with me on this.

david-chong.~.com (http://david-chong.~.com)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:56:02 PM by davidchong »

Offline itoslemma

• Civilian
Re: Ever considered other collective investments apart from unit trust?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 03:46:26 PM »
real estate, talks about canada on blog, you're from Walton?

Offline davidchong

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:54:40 PM »
Hi,

I am not from Walton International Inc. They are primarily a land banker. My blog is not meant to promote any land banking company but is a forum of discussion for real estates investment opportunities. However, I do write some of my blog entry with Walton in mind because they are one of the three land banking company with representative offices in Malaysia. Walton deals with Canadian lands and the other two deals with UK land. But I am not much of a fan of UK lands http://david-chong.~.com/2006/10/beware-of-uk-land-scams.html

Thanks ;)

david-chong.~.com (http://david-chong.~.com)

Offline davidchong

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »
I am from a real estate financier and development company.  Our parent company is based in Canada and we have a representative office in KL.  We are different from a land banking company like Walton International Inc.  A land banker primarily holds land in the path of development and waits for the land to appreciate as development grows near.  As the land appreciates they would need to wait for an offer from a developer to buy their lands.  With the offer, investors cash out at a profit.  It is basically a 'buy and hold' strategy for land bankers. The timeframe for investments could range from 3 years to over 10 years! You cannot predict the timing of exit accurately.

My company does not invest in 'land banks' but 'development banks'. As a developer these are primarily lands that we have researched, identify and most importantly... HAS INTENTION to develop.  These development banks have a shorter holding period of 2 - 3 years (depending on the location).  Once the necessary planning approvals are obtained, we will buy back the lands from our investors at an appreciated price. We invest in lands that can be readily developed in 2 - 3 years and there is no waiting around for a developer to offer to buy out your lands because... we are a developer ourselves! We have a different strategy from land bankers.

If you are interested to know more send me an email david@veracity.com.my and we can meet.

Offline Energy

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
i wish to find a unit trust company that employs a group of good manifestors :)
is there anyone capable of doing that?  ;D
the one who has nothing, has everything.

Offline davidchong

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »
Hi Energy,

Could you define more clearly what do you mean by 'a group of good manifestors'?

Thanks.