Author Topic: Lost money in unit trust....  (Read 139872 times)

Offline swcml

• Knight
Lost money in unit trust....
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
Just to share with everyone my wife park saving with Public Mutual and into Far East funds. It drop maximum more than 30% over the last year. Even the market improve this year, it does not improve much!

Comparing one year performance, HSI only drop less than 8%, but the fund drop more than 15%!

The mutual fund must be full of con men! Beware! >:( :finger:

Offline cashflow technology

• Viscount
  • If you need to open a trading account, PM me.
Re: Lost money in unit trust....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Just to share with everyone my wife park saving with Public Mutual and into Far East funds. It drop maximum more than 30% over the last year. Even the market improve this year, it does not improve much!

Comparing one year performance, HSI only drop less than 8%, but the fund drop more than 15%!

bunch of FUN Managers they got there  :thumbsdown:

Offline markov

• Baron
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »
huhhhh.. dats why i dun like Unit Trust, whatever funds same category like unit trust.. wat the funds!!..

Offline arostock

• Baron
  • Stock a risky but rewarding game - No risk No gain
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:14 PM »
Unit Trust - trust once onli

Better play stocks, hi risk hight return
Long Term Investment - Axiata, PChem,TM, Digi, KPJ, Coastal, IHH, Inari, KSL, Ecowld, Takaful
Med Term Investment - BHS, Kossan, Perisai, Icon, BDB, Homeriz
Short term - Focus, Asiabio, Sanichi, Nexgram, Nihsin
On My Radar - MH370

Offline Spawnsr

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
I never trust the unit trust fund manager. They are not transparent at all. They may say anything if they did not want to give us good dividend. I rather invest the money myself and become fund manager on my own.

Offline aspenvit

• Viscount
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
ME TOO. I LOS 10K+ IN THESE BLOODY FUNDS.
Question 1:
Who got allotted a lot of IPOs?
Question 2:
Who can borrow a lot of money to apply IPOs?
Question 3:
Why share price never move up while u are holding it? But nearly 100% move up right after u cut loss?

Offline The-Keyman

• Baron
  • 2018 Investment - Defensive For Big Wave
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »

So sorry to heard that :(

I personally do not trust unit trust, most of the unit trust have invested in equity unless issued by PNB (ie, ASW2020 & ASM), at least consistently to pay interest to unit holdet with 1-to-1 basic, no management fees involved.

If you spend some time to study & understand the market sure the return better than unit trust unless you need very stable return with longer term, perhaps 5 / 10 /20 years investment then you maybe need some expert like fund manager to monitor your investment portfolio.
ďThe-KeymanĒ do not make any representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness and also accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this forum or further communication given in relation to this forum

Offline hot99

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
Mutual Fund is safe. slow & steady..or sikit2 jadi bukit.
as good as EPF in the long term if U buy regularly
my rm2k parked at Pacific Mutual is now more than 7k,but my direct investment at KLSE hit almost zero many times.

Offline bob2424

• Baronet
  • Corruption "traffic-jam" the nation economy
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »

it happens if the fund manager/proxy  "front running" or personally makan first the counter first, than only only buy at higher price for the fund under their managemnt

if the market collapsing, the fundmanager/proxy will also "back running"
sell first their personal portfolio , than only dispose for the fund they manage.
worst still if nio buyer for them to dispose, they use fund money to act as buyer

so the fund they manage will  show poor KPI
SOMETIMES MARKET UP 50%, BUT THE FUND MINIMAL OR EVEN REMAIN STAGNANT AT THE BOTTOM
Corruption aka curi-curi and later jual  is a sin commited by a few and the sin is borne by  the whole nation thru persistent low salary.

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »

Generally, 9 out of 10 lost their $ in unit trust. Let's say you take your EPF to buy and park it there for 10 years, when compared, EPF still pays higher dividend.  Kisah benar from a close relative who invested in Public Mutual and has since withdrawn.

Their fund managers are very very highly paid.   

Offline swcml

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:10 PM »
I certainly think that Public Mutual manipulate the funds for their own benefit, otherwise it will not show such a lousy performance, that drive me to warn everyone here.

Don't be cheated by Public Mutual anymore! >:(

Offline ongtkong

• Civilian
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »

Depends on what fund you invested. For eg, if you had invested in Public Equity, you could be making quite a  bit of money.
Far east fund probably affected by china mkt

• Viscount
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »

Generally, 9 out of 10 lost their $ in unit trust. Let's say you take your EPF to buy and park it there for 10 years, when compared, EPF still pays higher dividend.  Kisah benar from a close relative who invested in Public Mutual and has since withdrawn.

Their fund managers are very very highly paid.   

We love our money more than anyone else. SO, WE invest it ourselves.  :thumbsup:

Offline swcml

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
Depends on what fund you invested. For eg, if you had invested in Public Equity, you could be making quite a  bit of money.
Far east fund probably affected by china mkt

I have given you HSI and Nikkei for comparison. No fund can invest in China directly. The fund certainly con people! >:( :finger:

Offline cwarrant

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
Invest yourself lah..., choose blue chip or big cap that have drop a lot already..., like Tenaga and MAS... :)

They are more liquid also when you want to exit... :thumbsup:

Offline Bull-Buster

• Baronet
  • OMG...... Ahh.......
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

Different situation here. I earn 700k + profit from Public Regular Saving Fund since i bought it in February 2009.  :)

I'm not trying to prove anything here, but sometimes investing is also part of our luck. Like just now, i contra losses in Nicorp bought @0.47 and sold @0.455 which losses RM3k burn.  :( :(  Then that stupid Nicorp push up back.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
I'm just a Chartists Swinger, fundamental news is nothing to do with me.

Offline mesak

• Civilian
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:39 PM »
the investor just buy and keep for 10 years. Sure takder untung . Need to monitor the FBMKLCI then buy equities fund during uptrend and switch to money market / bond during downtrend .

Don't trust 100% to UT Consultant. Need some homework to achieve what they promise.

Don't keep pin-pointing  to others.

Offline swcml

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »
I am comparing Public Mutual's fund performance with index, if it can not even perform comparing to index, the fund should just close shop! Why cheating and ask people to park money with them?

I am very doubtful it is merely because of fund manager's performance, I think it is the company that carry out fraudulent practice, see where Public Bank got its annual profit? Throw unprofitable items to its mutual fund? >:( :finger:

Offline Trade@58

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
I got pissed-off by Public Mutual. Last time every year 18x free switching, thereafter RM25/ per switch. Since July 2011, every switch is a daylight robbery of 0.75% of the amount switched if swithces are made within 3 months period. HOW to MAKE NOW???? Now they feel they are BIGGGGGGGGGGG now, just bull-doz the plan. Cannot make from switching now.

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
the investor just buy and keep for 10 years. Sure takder untung . Need to monitor the FBMKLCI then buy equities fund during uptrend and switch to money market / bond during downtrend .

Don't trust 100% to UT Consultant. Need some homework to achieve what they promise.

Don't keep pin-pointing  to others.

If like that, might as well you do the investing yourself.  Why need to pay them so high commission.

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
I got pissed-off by Public Mutual. Last time every year 18x free switching, thereafter RM25/ per switch. Since July 2011, every switch is a daylight robbery of 0.75% of the amount switched if swithces are made within 3 months period. HOW to MAKE NOW???? Now they feel they are BIGGGGGGGGGGG now, just bull-doz the plan. Cannot make from switching now.

Kisah benar, now all my relatives and friends cashed out from unit trusts. They did make money but when they compared with EPF, they are better off just keeping the money in EPF. 

Offline tuff

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
Somehow I agree.  Maybe its because I invested in the wrong one I don'tknow.  But todate even the price goes up I still suffer 8K++ paper loss.  Initially was  about 10K.  Unable to recover short term.   :'( :'( :'(

Offline Trade@58

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
I hv switched some from Public to MAA whereby switching is still free. So far OK as long as you monitor and switch yourself then only can make $$. Otherwise, just a dream.

• Viscount
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
If like that, might as well you do the investing yourself.  Why need to pay them so high commission.

No need to pay commission, Just buy PUBLIC BANK or BJTOTO lah. Sure got dividends regularly one. :thumbsup: :cash:

Offline wb24

• Civilian
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Hi guys need some clarification, unit trust do we need to pay 5% upfront commision for buying and i sthere any commisiionfor selling? besind that what other charges?

thank you

Offline GoDL!kE

• Civilian
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
You know why PUBLIC BANK price so high? Because Public Mutual bought lots in their own mother shares, top holding at all time!!! Don't believe? Check their monthly fund sheet...

Offline jeneral poyo

• Baronet
  • teamwork rocks.....together we move the mountain!!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
If all of you have faith in yourself..........
should consider this......

PHILIP CAPITAL MANAGEMENT........

can use epf witdrawal(like UT) account 1 to play share.......(1st withdrawal min RM 10K)
is a long term game........ no worries......
high risk counters tagged under PN17,GN3,high gearing,3 year losses....restricted to buy(so a bit safe for itchy hands)
price going south.... still can average down....
the cycle of share.... whatever going down will one day go up!!!!
age below 45 is consider "never too late".....
i also start 2010..... so far so good.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
my syndicate frens sifu.....
7 years ago.... starting with RM 150K......(after few withdrawal....)
now more than RM 1 million.....
my idol......

P/S: me just sharing...... don't blame me if u make loss.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

45%

Offline mesak

• Civilian
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »
no commission for selling. The other charges need to know is switching fee between fund. there are few charges which you need to clarify with public mutual.

Just advise, before buy .... please study each fund you invest and some fund performance you can monitor using fbmklci performance (not all fund - please study and don't just blame others). You need to monitor fbmklci closely then you know when to switch the fund from equity to moneymarket/bond then swithc back to equities.

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
No need to pay commission, Just buy PUBLIC BANK or BJTOTO lah. Sure got dividends regularly one. :thumbsup: :cash:

True, why waste time on unit trusts.

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »
Hi guys need some clarification, unit trust do we need to pay 5% upfront commision for buying and i sthere any commisiionfor selling? besind that what other charges?

thank you

If not wrong, management fee.  When you buy, they charge the commission upfront (the selling part already included, nothing is free lah).  Usually the UT consultant provide good service when you buy but when you want to sell, they give you lousy service.

Offline GoDL!kE

• Civilian
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
If not wrong, management fee.  When you buy, they charge the commission upfront (the selling part already included, nothing is free lah).  Usually the UT consultant provide good service when you buy but when you want to sell, they give you lousy service.

Totally agree, they tell u how good their funds perform, say this say that bla bla bla...
After buy the fund, funds cannot perform, then they find lots excuses & sometimes even lazy to "entertain" u, what a **** services!!!  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline mark1970

• Companion of Honour
  • Part time Fund Manager. Full time Trader.
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
I'm not an agent... but just to share what I understand and to correct some of the misconception among some of the forumers on unit trust and shares.

You can't use HSI as performance benchmark, coz nowadays many mutual funds buy H-shares (China companies listed in HKEX). You may want to use HSCEI as the index benchmark or the respective sector index i.e. property index for property fund. FYI, HSI drop 20% while HSCEI dropped 22% in 2011. But I have to agree with you Public Mutual Fund has underperform the general market in 2011 and 2012.

You can't compare buying unit trust with buying shares. Unit trust is a PORTFOLIO. Share is 1 individual share.

For example, if you only got RM100,000 to invest and put it in unit trust... maybe 5% is used to buy BJTOTO, so effectively you only own RM5000 worth of BJTOTO. If you use it all to buy BJTOTO, you are owning 1 share and is exposed to concentration risk. If BJTOTO drop 10%, assuming the rest of the counters unchanged, your unit trust only drop 0.5% as compared to 10% if you whack all in BJTOTO.

That is why unit trust is sometimes called the "grandpa investment" coz it's slow... 0.5% drop for a RM100,000 investment is really nothing.... but if you have RM10m or more, even 0.1% drop is a lot of money in terms of absolute value.

If you want to make an apple to apple comparison, try compare the return you get from your investment in stock market in 2011 (include all the blue chip and penny stocks) and compare its return with one of the unit trust you bought. If you think you did better, then compare it again with past 5 years average, and if you again outperform your unit trust, then you can be your own fund manager.

Totally agree, they tell u how good their funds perform, say this say that bla bla bla...
After buy the fund, funds cannot perform, then they find lots excuses & sometimes even lazy to "entertain" u, what a **** services!!!  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I totally agree. Unit trust consultant are nothing more than just a salesman and a messenger. Many of them do not have strong financial knowledge nor know what is happening in global market. All they do is, relay the message from their fund managers to their investors, hence anyone can become a unit trust consultant.

To buy a good fund, you need to do your own studies like understand who is the fund manager and what was his track record etc...

Offline richluck

• Companion of Honour
  • Red Deer
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
I'm not an agent... but just to share what I understand and to correct some of the misconception among some of the forumers on unit trust and shares.

You can't use HSI as performance benchmark, coz nowadays many mutual funds buy H-shares (China companies listed in HKEX). You may want to use HSCEI as the index benchmark or the respective sector index i.e. property index for property fund. FYI, HSI drop 20% while HSCEI dropped 22% in 2011. But I have to agree with you Public Mutual Fund has underperform the general market in 2011 and 2012.

You can't compare buying unit trust with buying shares. Unit trust is a PORTFOLIO. Share is 1 individual share.

For example, if you only got RM100,000 to invest and put it in unit trust... maybe 5% is used to buy BJTOTO, so effectively you only own RM5000 worth of BJTOTO. If you use it all to buy BJTOTO, you are owning 1 share and is exposed to concentration risk. If BJTOTO drop 10%, assuming the rest of the counters unchanged, your unit trust only drop 0.5% as compared to 10% if you whack all in BJTOTO.

That is why unit trust is sometimes called the "grandpa investment" coz it's slow... 0.5% drop for a RM100,000 investment is really nothing.... but if you have RM10m or more, even 0.1% drop is a lot of money in terms of absolute value.

If you want to make an apple to apple comparison, try compare the return you get from your investment in stock market in 2011 (include all the blue chip and penny stocks) and compare its return with one of the unit trust you bought. If you think you did better, then compare it again with past 5 years average, and if you again outperform your unit trust, then you can be your own fund manager.

I totally agree. Unit trust consultant are nothing more than just a salesman and a messenger. Many of them do not have strong financial knowledge nor know what is happening in global market. All they do is, relay the message from their fund managers to their investors, hence anyone can become a unit trust consultant.

To buy a good fund, you need to do your own studies like understand who is the fund manager and what was his track record etc...

Kisah benar.  After investing for 10 years (in between doing all the switching/top up) in unit trust, EPF dividends still beat the earnings you get from unit trust, so what is the point of buying unit trust.

Better put the money in your own pocket and manage it yourself.
Will not go wrong if buy those blue/light blue chips when there is a deep market correction.   

The fact is even the best run mutual funds will still lose money when the market plummets.

Do your own studies ????? A friend of mine who is an accountant/entrepreneur by  profession and who have invested heavily in unit trusts also incurred huge paper losses.   The prospectus is too technical for every tom, **** and harry to understand. 

The management fee that we need to pay is for them to do the research and analysis or else why buy unit trusts.  Why go through a middle man when you can buy straight from the market. 

Offline mark1970

• Companion of Honour
  • Part time Fund Manager. Full time Trader.
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:21 AM »
Kisah benar.  After investing for 10 years (in between doing all the switching/top up) in unit trust, EPF dividends still beat the earnings you get from unit trust, so what is the point of buying unit trust.

Better put the money in your own pocket and manage it yourself.
Will not go wrong if buy those blue/light blue chips when there is a deep market correction.   

The fact is even the best run mutual funds will still lose money when the market plummets.

Do your own studies ????? A friend of mine who is an accountant/entrepreneur by  profession and who have invested heavily in unit trusts also incurred huge paper losses.   The prospectus is too technical for every tom, **** and harry to understand. 

The management fee that we need to pay is for them to do the research and analysis or else why buy unit trusts.  Why go through a middle man when you can buy straight from the market. 

Corporate finance world is too technical for a typical accountant or entrepreneur, especially these people do not have the time to analyse it. When I say do your own study, I mean study the background of the FUND MANAGER (not the fund name), his track record. Just like in football, Mourinho managed to prove that any football club that he manages has a high chance of winning the title.

Nowadays, there are too many new funds coming out and are mostly managed by young fund managers. Hence investors need to be selective and choose the right fund managed by the right people. In fact anyone can be a fund manager... just buy and sell. Whether you can maximise return during bull market and minimise losses during bear market is the key.

I am not sure which fund you bought that after 10 years of investing, the return is less than EPF dividends. EPF dividend is around 4-5% per annum regardless bull or bear market. 10 years = 50% return only?

If you think you can do better job than a fund manager, then give it a try. Remember it's not about the performance of 1 or 2 winning share you bought, it's about your whole portfolio in the equity market. Btw, deep market correction doesn't come every year... so you don't have the luxury time to wait and only to buy during deep correction as you the fund manager needs to deliver returns every year.

Offline KLSE LOSSER

• Baronet
  • Wat to do tis year.
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 01:56:34 AM »
Buy bond fund instead, my bond gimme abt 10% return in last year, still better than the stupix EPF. My another worst bond fund return is abt 4%, still better than FD.
Not all funds in public mutual is bad, and my current lost in far east alpha fund is abt 20%, but my local market funds are in positive return now.

Offline jais

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »
any good one to recommend?

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »

What to do ? It just that the fund cannot perform loh....!!!
It does not recover....bcos the fund manager....did not expose to the right stock or hold too much cash loh.....!!!

Offline Ah Fatt Gor

• Knight
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
Don't say mutual fund coned you. you never do your homework and believed whatever their
sell pitch. In fact 95% of the world mutual funds also lose $$. Just look at funds in UK & USA,
all the pensioners lose their life savings. Why u trust mutual fund ? Our guru Robert Kiyosaki
already warned in his book back in 1998. U guys never read his book kah???

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »
If all of you have faith in yourself..........
should consider this......

PHILIP CAPITAL MANAGEMENT........

can use epf witdrawal(like UT) account 1 to play share.......(1st withdrawal min RM 10K)
is a long term game........ no worries......
high risk counters tagged under PN17,GN3,high gearing,3 year losses....restricted to buy(so a bit safe for itchy hands)
price going south.... still can average down....
the cycle of share.... whatever going down will one day go up!!!!
age below 45 is consider "never too late".....
i also start 2010..... so far so good.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
my syndicate frens sifu.....
7 years ago.... starting with RM 150K......(after few withdrawal....)
now more than RM 1 million.....
my idol......

P/S: me just sharing...... don't blame me if u make loss.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Too outperform using EPF funds u must achieve at least 9% return pa mah....!!
EPF opportunity return                                                             6.00% pa
management fees charge by Philip capital                                    2.50% pa
Total basic cost                                                                     8.50 % pa
add cost of risk                                                                       0.50% pa
Total cost                                                                            9.00% pa     

If u borrow from margin about 6.6% pa only mah....?!!!                                     

Offline kparam77

• Civilian
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Just want to share....

I start invest from EPF since 11/07.... local funds or has exporsure 30% IN oversea.

and my last withdrawal was in 11/11/11.

total invested abt RM78,385

current value as at today...RM100,420. it was down to RM90,000 a few months back and recover recently.

average return is abt 7% per year. still consider ok after deduct the 3% of service charge + others charges/fees. and  no switching until now.

100420 - 78385 = 22035
22035/78385 x 100 = 28%

for 4 yrs = 28% /4 =7%

Epf everage 5-6% only. i still hv more than 10 yrs to get more profits than epf  since my epf investment already has break evens. planning to maintain my stop loss at RM100K and will switch to bond, and switch back to equity when the market recover.

UT is for medium to long term. not for short term. if u guys want to make money in short term, better go to direct stok. not in the UT.

another thing is, dont buy when to unit price is so higher than IPO. for exmaple if the ipo is RM0.25, dont buy it whent the price is RM0.35. u may face big lost if market collapse and it may take toooo looong time to recover.

educate abt the UT concept first. study the pros and cons. dont follow the emotion and dont follow the fredns. the frend may buy it at low price and  make money. but if u buy the same unit for higher price, u may not get the same waht ur frend get.

timing is very important to enter. buy low sell high to make profit. dont buy high sell low, make lost and blame the company.

of cource the SC is high. 5.5% for cash  and 3% for epf scheme. and also management/trustee fee.

i also pay the SC and all others charges. how come im getting profits now?
its all abt how the investor manage themself.

as a investor, shud know abt risk management too. dont depend on agents/fund managers only.

read the prospectus too. many investor never read the prospectus. just hantam and blame agents and company.

DONT BUY THE PRODUCT WHICH U DONT UNDERSTAND.

if u want to invest in fund A.
Read,
1. the fund objective. r u realy happy with objective?, yes, u may consider Fund A.
2. The fund risk factor. is ur personal risk factor same with this fund risk factor? No, dont consider this fund.

PUBLIC MUTUAL NEVER CHEAT THEIR CLIENTS. CLIENTS ARE ADVICE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE PROPECTUS. IF THEY INVEST WITHOUT READ IT AND MAKE LOST. WHO TO BLAME?

IF THEY READ AND MAKE LOST, THE INVESTORS SHUD KNOW WAHT THEY HV TO DO BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND ABT UT.

HAPPY INVESTING IN UT.

Offline kparam77

• Civilian
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
any good one to recommend?

there is no good and and no bad. if bad, the fund already closed.

u hv to read the funds pospectus, if u feel ok with the prospectus, u can go for it. if not, dont buy it.

yesterday good fund may bad for tommorrow.
yesterday bad fund may good for tommorrow.

its all abt how u  manage  ur portfolio and make profit.
BETTER DONT FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATION.

suggetion only... LOCAL FUNDS.

But now is not good time to enter local equity funds. better wait for GE. KLCI 1500++. it may go down during/after GE. so can fish for cheaper unit price.

my 2 cents only.

Offline SPECULATOR

• Knight
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »
oledi transfer back all my mutual fund back tu EPF...
6% maaa EPF.. heheh... mutual only give benefit to the dealer..
just earn 1K + after 4 years @ only rm30K acc.1
aiyahhhh... lugi wa wooooo

Offline Mad_Bird

• Baronet
  • Sacrifice luxury today to enjoy freedom tomorrow.
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 02:26:24 AM »
You can always switch to CWA.
"getting lucky has a much higher pro bability of working"

"Finding superior information is very difficult"

"The human brain is incapable of creating new information"

"Itís much harder to determine if a particular manager was lucky or skillful at doing it"

Offline AngryBird

• Knight
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:44 AM »
aiya buy warren buffet's fund... sure untung money  :D :D :D

Offline Mad_Bird

• Baronet
  • Sacrifice luxury today to enjoy freedom tomorrow.
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »
aiya buy warren buffet's fund... sure untung money  :D :D :D

Hokkien ppl say, "Teng kor zhao" in English "Drop pants run"
"getting lucky has a much higher pro bability of working"

"Finding superior information is very difficult"

"The human brain is incapable of creating new information"

"Itís much harder to determine if a particular manager was lucky or skillful at doing it"

Offline KL TONY

• Knight
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 06:45:01 AM »
you better  punt  warrant  :thumbsup:

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 06:46:16 AM »
5 Reasons why Mutual Funds fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbMbt995Fo&feature=related
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

1.  Understand the business
2.  Business must have DCA
3.  Management with integrity
4.  Buy at a sensible price

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Offline USuck

• Baron
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »

Fund is like stock, don't buy when the stock market is at its peak. That's why I've been advising people not to buy mutual fund last year.

That's what happened in 2008. Those who bought in 2008 lost a lots of money. Those who bought in 2009 made 100% in a few months. Just like the stock market.

Offline TanVT

• Knight
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »

EVERY INVESTMENT HAS ITS OWN RISK, YOU ARE CANNOT BEAR THE RISK, BETTER DONT INVEST

Offline GoDL!kE

• Civilian
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
Was working in local fund house b4, really depends on which fund manager managing ur fund, if fund manager is good then can help u earn money, or else, plz pray for miracle. Another factor is the market situation & where the fund is invested, even u see now the stock market is recovering, if ur fund invests heavily in Shanghai B Shares also u die lo...