Author Topic: ANY MEDICARD INSURANCE FOR MY DIABETIC FRIENDS  (Read 7628 times)

Offline Success

• Knight
ANY MEDICARD INSURANCE FOR MY DIABETIC FRIENDS
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:37 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline roystevenung

• Civilian
  • Prudential Insurance Agent
    • Got questions on insurance? Visit my blog!
Re: ANY MEDICARD INSURANCE FOR MY DIABETIC FRIENDS
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »
Sorry my friend, anyone who is diagnosed with diabetic, in most cases it'll be declined.

However, be wary of unscrupulous agents out there. Some will say yes to the medical cover, and in general cases like flu/common ailment/accidents, you'd be covered (as its not related to diabetic) but when it comes to severe claims due to diabetic like limb amputation, kidney failure/failure of major organs due to diabetic, the insurance company will want to check.

Correct me if I'm wrong but having your application for medical cover declined at start is better than having paid for 5-10 years and when you try to claim it gets rejected, no?

Apart from the diabetic issue, it is utmost important that we declare our health status at inception. When buying insurance, always look at the "EXCLUSIONS" clauses.

Regards,

Roy Steven Ung,
Email: stevenung1971@gmail.com, H/P: 016-451 5957
Prudential Assurance (M) Bhd
KWSP Penang
Roy Steven Ung
Email: stevenung1971@gmail.com / Skype: roy.steven.ung
HP & Whatsapp: 016-451 5957
Prudential BSN Takaful Bhd
Penang, KL

Offline venven81

• Knight
    • Prudential. Your One Stop Financial Centre.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »
Sorry my friend, anyone who is diagnosed with diabetic, in most cases it'll be declined.

However, be wary of unscrupulous agents out there. Some will say yes to the medical cover, and in general cases like flu/common ailment/accidents, you'd be covered (as its not related to diabetic) but when it comes to severe claims due to diabetic like limb amputation, kidney failure/failure of major organs due to diabetic, the insurance company will want to check.

Correct me if I'm wrong but having your application for medical cover declined at start is better than having paid for 5-10 years and when you try to claim it gets rejected, no?

Apart from the diabetic issue, it is utmost important that we declare our health status at inception. When buying insurance, always look at the "EXCLUSIONS" clauses.

Regards,

Roy Steven Ung,
Email: stevenung1971@gmail.com, H/P: 016-451 5957
KWSP Penang

well that's true. in this case most likely no insurance company will want to take it. having said that, you can ask your friend to always try. who knows may be there's an insurance company that is willing to take the risk. but must be very cautious on the exclusion clauses.
Prudential for your protection & investment needs

Offline jollybee

• Viscount
  • Credit Pacific Global offshore fund intermediary
    • Credit Pacific Global
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
Actually diabetes is a health condition that not yet becomes an illness.  Diabetes normally comes together with high blood and high cholesterol.  Because these 3 conditions are inter-related that will cause serious illnesses, therefore doctor would check all 3 conditions together.

If you are a diabetic patient, you should visit the General Hospital and get a Medical doctor to examine for your blood, Blood Pressure and urine.  After that, if you are diagnosed with above conditions, you are given a medicine slip to get your medicines at the Hospital pharmacy. 

The medicines for diabetes, high blood and cholesterol are subsidized by the government and you are only paying a few dollars for the medicines, like Metformin and other drugs.

Remember the medicine slip indicates the next round of drugs supply that you can get from the hospital pharmacy without seeing the doctor again.  You will need to get the doctor signature, by dropping into his box and wait till he signs in his clinic.

After that, you must maintain these 3 conditions well for at least 1-2 years, with regular visits to the doctor that monitor your condition.

Then, go to see an insurance agent asking for an insurance policy that covers the Critical Illnesses.  He/She will give you the medical forms for your doctor to fill up if you declare you has any of the 3 conditions.   The insurance company must see you control these conditions well first before they can accept your application.
- CP fund price - OCT 2014
CP Master fund    134.46
CP Income fund    fixed 8% 1yr or 30% 3 yrs
CP Global Alpha fund 110.99
CP Multi Strategy fund  88.98