Author Topic: Getting historic market data?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
Getting historic market data?
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know a website or software that I can use to retrieve historic market data?

For example, I am hoping to have a single source where I can view historic P/E rations and dividend payouts for KLSE stocks.

Booffett, any knowledge on this?

Thank you.

Calvin

Offline booffett

• Knight
Re: Getting historic market data?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:00:05 AM »
Hello,

Does anyone know a website or software that I can use to retrieve historic market data?

For example, I am hoping to have a single source where I can view historic P/E rations and dividend payouts for KLSE stocks.

Booffett, any knowledge on this?

Thank you.

Calvin

so many on the market...

penang also got company provide that info...
but u need to pay monthly fees.

and on a single company data, try osk188, ^ a lot info inside.

PE, ROE, EBITDA, perrs group, history, field, director, change of shareholders...

if u hardworking enuh, u can also try check every a single company on osk188 and compile a list of ur own.

anyway, is that useful, or is that meaningful?

i really doubt it, since their ROE and PE and etc ratio never got adjusted for aggresive accounting. they just simply plug the number from every annual/quarter report into software and perform computer autimated calculation.

perhaps, having the info in hand and not in hand make no difference.

so i guess u not need to subscribe it also.

dun waste money for it.
The problem with cut loss is, easy to say hard to do; the problem with let the profit run is, most often, the profit only run 100m, not the 400m as you expected.

http://www.booffett.~.com/

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 02:46:41 PM »
I normally use biz.thestar.com.my... It's free...
Go to the website. Sign in. Search for the company. On the right side, there's a column with 'Fundamentals', 'Share Holding Change', 'Historical Data', 'Share buyback' and etc. I do look at 'Share buyback' when I buy stocks...

There's also a very thick book that states all this info on stocks 1.. I will update this soon...

Offline rozmi

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:28:06 PM »
Hmmm....looks like you're from the Fundamental Analysis school of thought. Anyone from the Technical Analysis school?

BTW, is fundamental analysis really help in the decision making process for our local market? I saw a lot of market manupulators out there, waiting for the killings!!

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Don't think Fundamental Analysis help a lot though...
You can check postings by booffett... He has a different and useful opinions that are practical and realistic.

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »
Back to the top :)

So has any used before any other software that I can use to get historic market data?

I don't mind paying for it as long as it can give me the details. The more details the better of course...

Biz.thestar.com.my is free but it doesn't give much details apart from the price and volume...

Thank you.

Offline booffett

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:53:08 PM »
Back to the top :)

So has any used before any other software that I can use to get historic market data?

I don't mind paying for it as long as it can give me the details. The more details the better of course...

Biz.thestar.com.my is free but it doesn't give much details apart from the price and volume...

Thank you.

fundamental signal u able to get from klse.com.my or thestar biz website.

technical indicators get from bizfun.cc for metastock data seed or next view software.

next view is a program.

seems like u have a lot problem in getting these dat, but actually it is so easy and available anywhere..

who is ur remisier, u should ask ur remisier, if he dont know, sack him... (since if ur remisier dun even know what all these about, might better quit stock investing with him as he cant rpovide even the most basic knowkedge or equipemnt for u)
The problem with cut loss is, easy to say hard to do; the problem with let the profit run is, most often, the profit only run 100m, not the 400m as you expected.

Offline booffett

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 07:57:55 PM »
sorry, some correction...
nest view is a program developed by penang people.

the company is in georgetown.

if ur remisier really know nothing and u planning to sack him and find another remisier, i dun mind to intro my remisier to u...

just i not sure my remisier will discuss deeply in the stock market with u, or help u to set up all these basic prgram or trading method,  becoz i guess he is quite buzy also...

hahah, too bad u know me so late, last time when i working as remisier in OSK, i pass every customer a copy of metasotck cd togtehr with the free data seeds, and also brief them on method to set up a trading system from the tehcnical analysis point of view.

:(

Offline booffett

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:01:18 PM »
Don't think Fundamental Analysis help a lot though...
You can check postings by booffett... He has a different and useful opinions that are practical and realistic.

well, hmmm...

i guess a lot ppl misunderstand me that i said fundametal never work...

hmm, i not sure i said that before, but i think, as long as i am conscious and still ok, i will never say that...

i guess i have to restate and emphasize my point of view again...

fundamenatals do WORK!!!

fundamentals is OK and working well!!!

(of coz not all fundamentalks theory works well, u have to figure out this, :\ )

i will open another column to talk about fundametals....

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »
Calvin,

Pay me reimbursement fees for Poslaju.
I ll courier over the Metastock Pro v9 to you.

Then pay bizfun for the historical data.
He will courier over to you the historic data since 1987.

Then you have everything you need for Tech Analysis.

For Fundamental Analysis, go Bursa website and analyse.
Or we could share the analysis.

By the way, can you read accounts and calculate ratios?
Sorry to ask you this question but cos I do not know your background.
Sure do not mean to be insulting or anything. Hope you dont mind.

Or if you re in Klang, maybe we could meet up. Save you poslaju reimbursement fees.
But then buy me a drink to cover CD costs  ;D ;D ;D
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »
Bursa Malaysia now has Free research reports:
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/website/bm/listed_companies/cmdf_bursa_research_scheme/eResearch.jsp
CMDF Bursa Research Scheme