Author Topic: Unit trust advertisements  (Read 4333 times)

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Unit trust advertisements
« on: February 05, 2007, 05:14:23 PM »
Lately, I noticed that some unit trust companies are advertising their funds returning >40% in a year..
Well, of course. Market is in a BULL state.

I assume that the objective of this is to trigger more people to invest in unit trust. But, will the >40% still hold for the coming year? Please, ponder this question...
If entering the unit trust now, especially those that have high proportions in equity, would you consider yourself an early-adopter, in-the-middle or laggard?

Juz triggering your decision-making process...

Offline KatFish

• Civilian
Re: Unit trust advertisements
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:03:33 PM »
To top it up, UT companies are launching new equity funds at 'cheaper' rate (eg RM0.25), their selling point. Investors are told that with RM1000, they can buy more now.

However, many people do not realize that it is not how many units we hold but the ultimate value we invest. At this market condition, we are still buying at higher price no matter how much NAV a new fund is launched.

I wouldn't enter the market for anything long-term at this condition.
Money is a tool that brings greatness once you master it.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
Question... Is there a difference in quantity of units held? Coz all the while I care is returns (quality) and never the quantity.

Offline KatFish

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
Hehehe Julez, I think of it this way . . .

Qty of units held is just a conversion number to me. Basically, I'd buy at RM0.25 per unit when the CI is 600 point but not when it is 1200 point. That would give me the same number of units if I put in the same amount of $ but then give me a different value because there is more potential upside than down.

A UT agent would say the way to earn money is to have more unit. Well, . . . the fundamental is, we earn when the NAV goes up. Distribution only transfers $ from our left pocket the right. We don't earn when there is a distribution. We'd have more units but the same value

Share your thoughts cos I want to learn from you too!  :)
Money is a tool that brings greatness once you master it.

Offline Rocky Pair

• Civilian
    • Rockwills' Professional Will-Writer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 01:40:12 AM »
Recently I came across a interesting blog involving unit trusts.  You can find it here http://mywealthplanner.wordpress.com/special-reports/
Hope my forumer friends like it...  :)
You can visit my blog on will-writing here http://www.rockwills.~.com

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »
Got to understand what kind of trust funds you invest lah...Fund managers must follow approved fund strategies or otherwise fined by SC upon incident reporting by trustee for non-compliances.  If the particular fund investment strategy are more towards undervalued stock counters, then overvalued stocks must be sold and then look for other undervalued stock opportunities, or vice versa. 
In this case, the fund performance is expecting to be up all the way in-line with market up trend till market outlook change.  The fund price is actually nothing because it may be split from $0.50 to $0.25 per unit to make the price more attractive.  Jeff  :)

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »
Fund managers strongly believe that equity market will perform at least till Mar-2008, especially before Malaysian and US elections.

MAAKL Mutual is one of great performers of the year, ranging 27-66% returns for all equity funds over 1-year return.
See advertisements of great returns so far.

rgds,
Jeff  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:02:53 AM by Jeffrey »

maakl_jeffrey

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »
See attached weekly performance table.
2007 year to date, our top 4 funds, namely Progress, Value, Growth, and Al-Faid funds produce 40% return or more...
Unit trust is extremely great tool for mid to long term investment, and usually if you could hold your equity investments for > 1-3 years, you shall receive good returns; advisers got to make sure some proper switchings are carried out timely in between when major market/economy change.

Q4 is expected to top up another 5-10% returns.
Interested to invest with promotion, please contact me: maa.klmutual.jeffrey@gmail.com.

rgds,
UT adviser (Jeffrey)
http://www.maaklmutual.com.my/mutual.asp (http://www.maaklmutual.com.my/mutual.asp)

Offline jeff_limsy

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
Hi all you there, Just for your infomation only, You need to be carefully especially MAAKL MUTUAL BERHAD (MANULIFE). They (UTC) were allowed to practise switch between funds to collect the dividend. When dividend collected then switching to other fund to collect the dividend so the dividend payout of a fund will dilute the fund price (switching will cost the investors).

FIMM also said it is allowed as it will avoid the timing risk. I am really speechless and I think they have lacked at all.

They (UTC) also recommended anyone buying "unapproved product". You will be the next victim so.. FIMM, Securities commission and MAAKL MUTUAL BERHAD (MANULIFE) said not responsible at all. SO Carefully ya.. OK

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: