Author Topic: Firefly is stupid  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
Firefly is stupid
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
With all the hype and promise around Firefly, surely they could have done better than to choose a domain name called fireflyz.com.my.

Aiyooo... How lame is that? With such a big brand, surely you need the best possible domain name you can get. And how much would it have cost? The most expensive .com.my domain recorded to date is only RM50,000.

If they had truly thought about being an online business, they would have checked the availability of a domain name first BEFORE selecting a brand name. Or at least they should have attempted to buy up that domain name first before announcing their launch the whole country. Adding a z to the end of your name follows the same mentality that we had during our high school MIRC chat days... Haih...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:49:27 AM by Calvin Wong »

AndrewChia

Re: Firefly is stupid
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:57:12 AM »
I totally agree with you, Calvin.  Some people just don't know the importance of a name.  One of the most important decisions you can make about your business is the name of your company and also the name of your products.

Have you noticed some people drive around in very beautiful cars and when you look at the number plate it is a RM5 plastic number which has turned yellowish?  What a waste, isn't it?  They think people don't notice, but that's the first thing we notice.

And a lot of people are lazy to think of a good name, they just do alphabet soup. XYW Sdn Bhd or JLK Enterprise.  This kind of ABC and XYZ names are not good enough, how to ask your customers to remember?  Unless you are IBM or BMW that's OK.  ;D

Offline earwax

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
Hahaha... yes, I also agree. Just imagine what will happen if AirAsia pays more than MAS and buys up Firefly.com.my...  ;D
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

Offline penang_lim

• Knight
  • Timing is important in all types of Investment
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »
Do you all think the launched of firefly will affect the profit for MAS?  They are using Fokker planes only right?
When the time comes, all investment knowledges should be passed to the younger generations for further enhancement.

Thx & Rgds;
Lim

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:59:21 PM »
Domain name apart, I think it's a very good move by MAS. It's a good niche to be in, politically well placed, doesn't create competition with AirAsia, and will boost their profits in a few short years. Soon they will expand to other regions as well, e.g. Johor.