Author Topic: CitiBank and ING are daylight robbers  (Read 20579 times)

Offline HannibalLecter

• Companion of Honour
CitiBank and ING are daylight robbers
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »
I signed up for Shield Premier for my Citibank credit card via telesale. My understanding was as long as every month I settle my payment in full and I will not have to pay a single cents for this shield #### insurance. However, I just received my statement for November, I notice they charged me RM16++ for this s**t. So I called Citibank customer service center to cancel the #### and they said I have to fill in a form and submit to them.
WTF, when sign up, anything can be done via telephone, but to cancel, they make things difficult. ***** bank and insurance company. So I said if that's the case, then I want to cancel the bloody credit card, and the customer service person said she is not authorized to do so.... WTF again.

Friendly reminder to call members here, please don't border to sign up anything offers by the s**t banks, especially when they said they are working together with an insurance company, these are all scam, I was stupid and totally robbed by them.

Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum

CitiBank and ING are daylight robbers
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:37 AM »

Offline cashflow technology

• Viscount
  • If you need to open a trading account, PM me.
Re: CitiBank and ING are daylight robbers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »
I signed up for Shield Premier for my Citibank credit card via telesale. My understanding was as long as every month I settle my payment in full and I will not have to pay a single cents for this shield **** insurance. However, I just received my statement for November, I notice they charged me RM16++ for this s**t. So I called Citibank customer service center to cancel the **** and they said I have to fill in a form and submit to them.
WTF, when sign up, anything can be done via telephone, but to cancel, they make things difficult. ***** bank and insurance company. So I said if that's the case, then I want to cancel the bloody credit card, and the customer service person said she is not authorized to do so.... WTF again.

Friendly reminder to call members here, please don't border to sign up anything offers by the s**t banks, especially when they said they are working together with an insurance company, these are all scam, I was stupid and totally robbed by them.

Agreed !!  Banks and indurance companies sucks  :thumbsdown:

• Viscount
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »
Agreed !!  Banks and indurance companies sucks  :thumbsdown:

*** Insurance

Offline LittleKnife

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
I signed up for Shield Premier for my Citibank credit card via telesale. My understanding was as long as every month I settle my payment in full and I will not have to pay a single cents for this shield **** insurance. However, I just received my statement for November, I notice they charged me RM16++ for this s**t. So I called Citibank customer service center to cancel the **** and they said I have to fill in a form and submit to them.

:D :D :D :D...why you trust them in the first place. Trusting them is like telling myself pigs can fly.

Offline BULLfish

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
Same scheme, I told them I don't buy insurance thru phone.
Then I say u send me the documents Terms and condition for me to review 1st but they told me that I have to sign up then only they send to me. (Bloody no brainer, thinking customer so stupid).
Lembu Makan Beruang, Bull Eat Bear. 牛吃熊, बैल खाने के भालू,

Offline limko1

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
My wife went through the same #### process many years ago when cancelling the credit card, look like this #### bank is still practicing the underhand tactics. Please don't be tricked by all the attractive advertisements this #### bank put up, they are out to con you

Offline mrupai

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:42 AM »

Exactly the same thing happen to me they line up novice customer services to say no for card cancellation and make things difficult. ask many many verification questions. Send email to BNM and cc to them u will see their fast response in 1 to 2 day.

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Never buy products from tele-marketing option, you see, even an insurance agent or a direct sales person that you know him or is your very good friend or relative, they need to try hard to cinvince you, sometime need to spend you lunch to sell their product, those tele-marketing people want to sell product in such an easy way? No way for me.

Offline moneyman

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
one of my friend also con by such tele sales insurance but end up have to pay too.... pity!

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

Exactly the same thing happen to me they line up novice customer services to say no for card cancellation and make things difficult. ask many many verification questions. Send email to BNM and cc to them u will see their fast response in 1 to 2 day.

Good suggestion.  :D

Send email to BNM and cc to the bank as well for them to see.   :o
Then they will go  :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Padan muka kaw-kaw-kaw.

:D
Buy, sell, up, down, gain, gain.

Offline aspenvit

• Viscount
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
ALL BANKS WORKS THE SAME. IT TAKES 2 MINS FOR U TO APPLY FOR A CREDIT CARD, PLUS FREE GIFTS, BUT U WILL NEED TO LINE UP FOR 1 HR PLUS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL THE CARD. THIS HAPPENED TO ME AT HSBC BANK.

AFTER THAT I REALLY SCARED TO APPLY CREDIT CARD.
Question 1:
Who got allotted a lot of IPOs?
Question 2:
Who can borrow a lot of money to apply IPOs?
Question 3:
Why share price never move up while u are holding it? But nearly 100% move up right after u cut loss?

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
I use debit card these days.
If too long being inactive, then simply ignore altogether, don't even need to cancel.  :D

Online master wahsing

• Viscount
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 11:36:04 PM »
You may be suprised they will charge you annual fee after they agreed to waive, you will never understand what the sales person says unless you read the terms,. they will bag you to sign in order for them to gain comm later you could cancel after you can the free gift...what a JOKE !! :phew: :phew:

Online master wahsing

• Viscount
Fish Head Mee - are daylight robbers - ask first b4 order !!!! what a joke
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »
Today i went to normal chinese resturant order a bowl of fish head meehun, walou it cost me RM9  with simpe 3 peices fry fish meat and meehun..,.,walou really a nightlight robbers..normally in this of resturant the higher is about 6.5 to 7.5...

walau...better ask price before you eat anything now even you are in normal restuarant..

Offline aspenvit

• Viscount
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:16 PM »
You may be suprised they will charge you annual fee after they agreed to waive, you will never understand what the sales person says unless you read the terms,. they will bag you to sign in order for them to gain comm later you could cancel after you can the free gift...what a JOKE !! :phew: :phew:

TRUE, ESPECIALLY CITIBANK. SALESMAN TOLD ME NO ANNUAL FEE, FREE, FREE, FREE. WHEN THE BILL COMES, NOT ONLY GOT ANNUAL FEE, BUT ALSO GOT MACAM-MACAM FEES LAIN, LIKE DELIVERY FEE, CHEQUE BOOK FEE, ETC.
Question 1:
Who got allotted a lot of IPOs?
Question 2:
Who can borrow a lot of money to apply IPOs?
Question 3:
Why share price never move up while u are holding it? But nearly 100% move up right after u cut loss?

Offline Dorky

• Earl
Re: Fish Head Mee - are daylight robbers - ask first b4 order !!!! what a joke
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »
Today i went to normal chinese resturant order a bowl of fish head meehun, walou it cost me RM9  with simpe 3 peices fry fish meat and meehun..,.,walou really a nightlight robbers..normally in this of resturant the higher is about 6.5 to 7.5...

walau...better ask price before you eat anything now even you are in normal restuarant..

Now only you know.
Next time you ask for price first, that seller may suggest you to eat first.
But of course, you would insist for the price.

Offline U.K.

• Earl
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:17 AM »
Now only you know.
Next time you ask for price first, that seller may suggest you to eat first.
But of course, you would insist for the price.

Nowadays the sellers are very ^. If you try the ask for the price first, he or she may give a "muka masam", or will look down on you for being not generous in spending money.

Offline payphone

• Baron
  • If u dun have a smile, I give u 1 of mine its free
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:43 AM »

Rm9 for a bowl of fish head in KL is more or less than standard fare.
A case in point is the famous Ah soon fish head mee in Kuchai Lama.
so its not exactly a nightlight robbers as you put it.
Always go against the crowd. Detach from the crowd, think outside of the crowd. Don't be a crowd follower. BE A CONTRARIAN.

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »
Nowadays the sellers are very ^. If you try the ask for the price first, he or she may give a "muka masam", or will look down on you for being not generous in spending money.

Then go elsewhere.
It's your right.

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »

RM9 can buy me a decent plate of fish n chip in my hometown.  :party: :dancing:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 12:40:57 AM »
Same scheme, I told them I don't buy insurance thru phone.
Then I say u send me the documents Terms and condition for me to review 1st but they told me that I have to sign up then only they send to me. (Bloody no brainer, thinking customer so stupid).

:) 8) :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 12:42:46 AM »

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »
:thumbsup:.....rm 9 is small matter n how to cheat? (quality N qty not stated ;))....many know how to eat but dont know price of rice,best cook ownself at home!!  :)

Online master wahsing

• Viscount
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 01:16:40 AM »

Ahsoon is ok becos got aircond and big shop. this one only TAI PAI TONG...just a hawker centre

Offline U.K.

• Earl
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
walau ehh... sekarang punya myanmar workers selling hawker foods are not hard working anymore...

Just now i was buying loh mai kai, the myanmar worker just focused on watching her laptop and laughing with her fren, she is not really serious in doing business in bolehland, maybe sudah kaya already

I had to call her several times, then only she was aware of my existence and proceed to serve me...

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline vistar

• Baron
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:35 PM »
here it goes...avenue to complain

However, if your enquiries/complaints are not completely resolved, you may ask to have the matter reviewed by:

1.   Client Care Unit
Contact Person : Hazlinda Hashim/ Lin Safira Samah
Address : Level 18, Menara Citibank
165, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-23830000
Fax : 03-23836666

Our Client Care Team will endeavour to resolve your complaints within a week. Should we require more information or submission of documents to facilitate the investigation, one of our Client Care officers will be in touch with you from time to time to facilitate this process to completion.

2.   Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB)
Address : The Financial Mediation Bureau
Level 25, Dataran Kewangan Takaful
4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-22722811
Fax : 03-22745752

3.   Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
Address : BNMLink Customer Service Center
Ground Floor, D Block
Jalan Dato' Onn
50480 Kuala Lumpur
(Operation hours : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
Tel : BNM Telelink at 1300-88-5465

Offline vistar

• Baron
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »
cut and paste from citibank website - Contact us.

I wrote an email directly to them, they call me back within 24hrs and rectify the matter swiftly.

here it goes...avenue to complain

However, if your enquiries/complaints are not completely resolved, you may ask to have the matter reviewed by:

1.   Client Care Unit
Contact Person : Hazlinda Hashim/ Lin Safira Samah
Address : Level 18, Menara Citibank
165, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-23830000
Fax : 03-23836666

Our Client Care Team will endeavour to resolve your complaints within a week. Should we require more information or submission of documents to facilitate the investigation, one of our Client Care officers will be in touch with you from time to time to facilitate this process to completion.

2.   Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB)
Address : The Financial Mediation Bureau
Level 25, Dataran Kewangan Takaful
4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-22722811
Fax : 03-22745752

3.   Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
Address : BNMLink Customer Service Center
Ground Floor, D Block
Jalan Dato' Onn
50480 Kuala Lumpur
(Operation hours : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
Tel : BNM Telelink at 1300-88-5465

Offline alexc8

• Viscount
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
Never buy any insurance over the phone.....usually there is a lot of terms and conditions - fineprint.

You might never get paid if there is an incident

Offline KLSE LOSSER

• Baronet
  • Wat to do tis year.
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »
Why trust a stranger at the first place... I received tis kind of call from time to time... I only asked tis question... Is tis a insurance plan... If the answer is yes... I quickly replied i already had a good plan and dont think wanna get another plan for time being and thank for your offer... And hang up the call immediately... I think i was rude... But tis is the normal way i entertain tele marketing calls...

Offline vistar

• Baron
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »
The marketeer didnt insist.. why sir.. why...
is the plan not good
is the underwriter not suitable for you?
bla bla bla..

Offline KLSE LOSSER

• Baronet
  • Wat to do tis year.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 12:33:43 AM »
The marketeer didnt insist.. why sir.. why...
is the plan not good
is the underwriter not suitable for you?
bla bla bla..

Just hang out if u wanna get rid of all these *...
Now i am good in entertain those personal loan caller... First i will ask... Wat is the interest rate ( normal is 4 to 7%)... Then i will tell them the rate is very expensive... And i said the xxx bank offer me rm50k with 2.99% per annum... If u manage to gimme same rate... Definately i will apply from u...
In most if the case... They will give up and never call me back again...

Offline firstsight

• Baronet
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:30 AM »
i suddenly feel that the #### ambank card i am using is better now after i hear your case.

i just give them a called to cancel my card, no hassle~~

and something the bank n insurance company very like to do so is, u don't need to fill in anything to sign up, but when you want to cancel anything, they give you many paperwork make u boring~~

my friend bought a insurance for his mum before who can't read english n malays, he do all the paperwork on her behalf and paid for everything while his mother never appeared at the insurance company, but while they want to cancel, the insurance company insist his mother who is a thousand miles away to the office so that can sign n cancelled~~

it's a good way to protect most people and it's a #### way that to promote~

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »

Why trust a stranger at the first place... I received tis kind of call from time to time... I only asked tis question... Is tis a insurance plan... If the answer is yes... I quickly replied i already had a good plan and dont think wanna get another plan for time being and thank for your offer... And hang up the call immediately... I think i was rude... But tis is the normal way i entertain tele marketing calls...
:D :D :D.....NOT FREE n dont call anymore,.....send all the stuffs by postal,when free i will have a look at it!!  :thumbsup::)

• Viscount
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 06:26:44 AM »
 :D :D :D.....NOT FREE n dont call anymore,.....send all the stuffs by postal,when free i will have a look at it!!  :thumbsup::)

Don't participate , you got nothing to gain. Personal loan, insurance and what not.

Offline alexc8

• Viscount
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
Don't buy anything from Citibank....there are always hidden :thumbsdown: TC

• Viscount
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
Don't buy anything from Citibank....there are always hidden :thumbsdown: TC

banks are not our friends, same as broking houses.

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
 :D :D :D..........transexy loh!!!!..........intersexibly mah!!!!.......genetailsexman !!!! :D :D :D

Offline USuck

• Baron
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 05:16:04 PM »
Don't worry, ING will be renamed as AIA/AIG.

:D :D :D :D

Offline Name Change

• Baron
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »
ALL BANKS WORKS THE SAME. IT TAKES 2 MINS FOR U TO APPLY FOR A CREDIT CARD, PLUS FREE GIFTS, BUT U WILL NEED TO LINE UP FOR 1 HR PLUS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL THE CARD. THIS HAPPENED TO ME AT HSBC BANK.

AFTER THAT I REALLY SCARED TO APPLY CREDIT CARD.

NOT TRUE I CANCELED MY CITIBANK CREDIT CARD THRO' THE PHONE BUT I PUT ON A VERY VERY LOUD AND ANGRY VOICE.....NO FORMS TO SIGN UP....WAS CANCELED JUST LIKE THAT....
I am the REAL 8th richest man in Investlah at 8:28pm on 8/3/2014.

All others are impostors and are making fake claims

Offline KLSE LOSSER

• Baronet
  • Wat to do tis year.
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
NOT TRUE I CANCELED MY CITIBANK CREDIT CARD THRO' THE PHONE BUT I PUT ON A VERY VERY LOUD AND ANGRY VOICE.....NO FORMS TO SIGN UP....WAS CANCELED JUST LIKE THAT....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »