Author Topic: Capital Market and Services Act ~ Don't Break the Law!  (Read 26349 times)

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
Capital Market and Services Act ~ Don't Break the Law!
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »
1. Prohibited Conducts

1.1 Under Section 176 Stock Price Manipulation, no person shall effect, take part in, engage in, be concerned in, or carry out, either directly or indirectly, any number of transactions in securities of a corporation, being transactions that have, or are likely to have, the effect of–
(a) raising;
(b) lowering; or
(c) pegging, fixing, maintaining or stabilising,

the price of securities of the corporation on a stock market in Malaysia, for the purpose which may include the purpose of inducing other persons, whether or not another person is induced, to acquire or dispose of the securities of the corporation or of a related corporation.

1.2 Under Section 177 False or misleading statements,  A person shall not make a statement, or disseminate information, that is false or misleading in a material particular and is likely to induce the sale or purchase of securities by other persons or is likely to have the effect of raising, lowering, maintaining or stabilising the market price of securities if, when he makes the statement or disseminates the information–
(a) he does not care whether the statement or information is true or false; or
(b) he knows or ought reasonably to have known that the statement or information is false or misleading in a material particular.

One example is "Pump and dump", a form of stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statement in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money.

2. Insider trading

Under Section 188 Prohibited conduct of person in possession of inside information.  A person is an “insider” if that person possesses information that is not generally available which on becoming generally available a reasonable person would expect it to have a material effect on the price or the value of securities; and knows or ought reasonably to know that the information is not generally available.

The insider shall not, directly or indirectly, communicate the information referred to in subsection (1), or cause such information to be communicated, to another person, if the insider knows, or ought reasonably to know, that the other person would or would tend to–
(a) acquire, dispose of, or enter into an agreement with a view to the acquisition or disposal of, any securities to which the information; or
(b) procure a third person to acquire, dispose of or enter into an agreement with a view to the acquisition or disposal of, any securities

Therefore insider trading violations include "tipping" such information and securities trading by the person "tipped" based on these exclusive information. For example, a forumer might claim he has exclusive information that actions by directors/officers of public listed companies, actions by syndicates or even actions by ministers or people related to ministers will soon  impact a particular security price. As he start to tip everyone else by via public posts or PM, he'd already infringed the law.

Read more: w ww.sc.com.my/eng/html/cmsa/cmsa2007/cmsa2007.pdf

3. How easy it is to track your IP Address

On Google, just key "My IP Address".
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Offline Tessa Joseph

• Knight
  • Four... five... swings whip around, still alive!!
Re: Capital Market and Services Act ~ Don't Break the Law!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »

- JUST DID THAT, OMG :sweat:

Offline Divine

• Baron
  • Remain with a clean heart.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
good to remember

1. Prohibited Conducts

1.1 Under Section 176 Stock Price Manipulation, no person shall effect, take part in, engage in, be concerned in, or carry out, either directly or indirectly, any number of transactions in securities of a corporation, being transactions that have, or are likely to have, the effect of–
(a) raising;
(b) lowering; or
(c) pegging, fixing, maintaining or stabilising,

the price of securities of the corporation on a stock market in Malaysia, for the purpose which may include the purpose of inducing other persons, whether or not another person is induced, to acquire or dispose of the securities of the corporation or of a related corporation.

1.2 Under Section 177 False or misleading statements,  A person shall not make a statement, or disseminate information, that is false or misleading in a material particular and is likely to induce the sale or purchase of securities by other persons or is likely to have the effect of raising, lowering, maintaining or stabilising the market price of securities if, when he makes the statement or disseminates the information–
(a) he does not care whether the statement or information is true or false; or
(b) he knows or ought reasonably to have known that the statement or information is false or misleading in a material particular.

One example is "Pump and dump", a form of stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statement in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money.

2. Insider trading

Under Section 188 Prohibited conduct of person in possession of inside information.  A person is an “insider” if that person possesses information that is not generally available which on becoming generally available a reasonable person would expect it to have a material effect on the price or the value of securities; and knows or ought reasonably to know that the information is not generally available.

The insider shall not, directly or indirectly, communicate the information referred to in subsection (1), or cause such information to be communicated, to another person, if the insider knows, or ought reasonably to know, that the other person would or would tend to–
(a) acquire, dispose of, or enter into an agreement with a view to the acquisition or disposal of, any securities to which the information; or
(b) procure a third person to acquire, dispose of or enter into an agreement with a view to the acquisition or disposal of, any securities

Therefore insider trading violations include "tipping" such information and securities trading by the person "tipped" based on these exclusive information. For example, a forumer might claim he has exclusive information that actions by directors/officers of public listed companies, actions by syndicates or even actions by ministers or people related to ministers will soon  impact a particular security price. As he start to tip everyone else by via public posts or PM, he'd already infringed the law.

Read more: w ww.sc.com.my/eng/html/cmsa/cmsa2007/cmsa2007.pdf

There comes a time when you just have to stop worrying about what other people think, and focus upon your own life.:)

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Bursa Malaysia Bhd has launched a new listing information network system, Bursa Link, and an online listing enquiry service, AskListing@Bursa, for the marketplace.

Bursa said in a statement that the new eServices would serve as channels for it to move all enquiries for listed issuers online as well as digitise the disclosure and submission processes.

Chief executive officer, Datuk Tajuddin Atan, said the launch of these eServices was part of the company's ongoing efforts to enhance operational efficiencies and improve its service levels to the stakeholders.

“Over the years, Bursa Malaysia has been investing heavily on technology to drive exchange innovation and meet global demands.

“Technology has and will continue to change the way we work and operate. It aims to improve turnaround time and delivery expectations. As such, leveraging on technology enhancements is central to business processes,” he said.

The stock exchange said the enhanced Bursa Link would offer a new feature, which will allow electronic submission for applications such as initial public offerings and secondary fund raising activities.

As for AskListing@Bursa, the service would cater to the needs of stakeholders for a more effective approach to managing enquiries pertaining to the interpretations and compliance with the listing requirements, it said.

Moving forward, Bursa Malaysia said all enquiries would be channelled to a team within the listing division.
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
PETALING JAYA: The call by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) for the public to stop spreading modified photos, unverified news and speculation on 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) has been met with derision by netizens.

Many took to the Internet on Thursday to question the warning, including social activist Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir (pic).

“Jails will be full,” tweeted Marina, attaching a link to a news portal report on the statement by MCMC.

The call came a short while after the hashtag #1MDBMovies started trending on Twitter.

Others also took to Twitter, echoing Marina’s views.

“I think the hashtag #1MDBMovies is trending, the police would not have enough personnel to detain everyone,” wrote user @AkemAiman.

“Wow, now if we lampoon #1MDBMovies we go to jail. I wonder if they can put over 60 percent of Malaysia in jail, do they ever think before they talk?” asked user @kishinmahtani30.

In a statement on Thursday, MCMC reminded the public that those spreading such items on social media, including through mobile messaging service WhatsApp, could be found guilty under Section 211 or Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.

The Commission added that those found guilty of the offence could be “fined not more than RM50,000 and/or jailed for not more than one year”.
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline Wiseguy

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 06:06:39 PM »
Grand Hoover 7010 Record Earnings of 7.29cents trading at 0.50

Offline Wiseguy

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 12:03:45 AM »
Grand hoover berhad 7010 record earnings at 7 cents. Trading at 0.50 :thumbsup:

Offline Wiseguy

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:39 AM »
Grand hoover berhad 7010 record earnings of 7cents share trading at 0.50

Offline hrhasan

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »
Yes, IP2Location is the best site for all ISP Information. I Job this site category as related IP2Location. You can visit this site Click Here https://www.ip2location.com/

This site is awesome. I like it very much. This site help me all information.
As you wise can start now.......https://www.ip2location.com/

IP Address

Country
Bangladesh

City & Region
Jessore, Khulna

Latitude & Longitude (City)
23.16869, 89.21315

ZIP Code

ISP
S M Ataur Rahman t/a Multi Computer Land

Domain
mclltdbd.com

Time Zone
+06:00

Net Speed
DSL

IDD Code & Area Code
+(880) 02

Weather Station
Jessore (BGXX0004)

MCC, MNC & Carrier Name
-

Elevation

Usage Type
COM

Anonymous Proxy
No

Proxy Type

https://www.ip2location.com/
Its Great
Thanks a Lot...........

Offline hrhasan

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
Free Widgets website is the best site which was i founded my chosen best 670+ Free Widgets Icons.
Basically, I am Browsing Some widgets that add functionality to use.

There its so good.
Thanks a lot

Offline hrhasan

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
king kong seo is the best online platform. It has been develop many website. king kong seo& king kong agency reviews for more information Please, click Here https://www.seek.com.au/companies/king-kong-1013806

It is the 5 Star reviews