Author Topic: Sudden Fall Stocks  (Read 2245 times)

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
Sudden Fall Stocks
« on: May 09, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
Yesterday was Transmile, today claimed Scomal with up to 17% lost.  Would there be more tommorow?
Regards,
Denlee

Offline kongaik168

• Civilian
Re: Sudden Fall Stocks
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »
Do u know why scomal drops so much? ;)

Offline DenLee

• Baronet
  • Sharing and seeking financial wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:26:17 PM »
Scomal is different from Transmile.  Scomal is in Mesdaq and have average 12weeks price of 0.285 and average 24weeks of 0.215.  For me, it's a heavily speculated stocks.  This is the day when the players start taking profits.  Those players could be the owners themselves.  RM0.42 currently is not the end.  It should drop further tommorow.

Look to Transmile.  I feel that it's still good.  The price is not yet but can wait..
Regards,
Denlee

Offline Nanzhan

• Companion of Honour
Re: Sudden Fall Stocks (GSB)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:51:24 PM »
GSB is another victim.  Although both average 12weeks and 24 weeks are at 1.109 & 1.193, seemed like the 24% drop today indicates major crisis.  It is at RM0.84 right now.  Is it the time big players quiting?

Offline grahamsmun

• Baronet
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »
Recently there is a sharp sell-down of share which give alot of opportunity to take advantage and make money, however there are high risk in catching a falling knife.

For me i find it is essential to manage the risk reward ratio by;

1) Establishing the intrinsic value through financial analysis of your target stocks
2) Insist a margin of safety of minimum 30% discount.
3) Monitor the stock if it come down with heavy volume do not initiate action, wait until volume slowdown, and the stock price stabilise after a big down then initiate your entry.Let it hit the rock bounces a little, then stick, that is the best time to enter.
4) Also to take note the higher the (a) mkt price has fallen or ( b) the bigger discount from your intrinsic value; will be the higher the opportunity for us to make money.

Offline boyboycute

• Civilian
  • I am a value investor.
    • Value Investing In KLSE
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »
i totally agree with grahamsmun.Value Investing is the way to ensure profit from the KLSE.Visit Value Investing In KLSE http://boyboycute.wordpress.com
Value Investing In KLSE>Value Investing Made Easy

http://boyboycute.~.com

Offline earwax

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:26:09 AM »
Walau... tak malu kah, keep promoting your own blog?

At least add some value lah...
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

Offline Salahdin

• Companion of Honour
  • Sharing is Divine. Keeping is Bovine.
Respect the forum
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
Boyboy,
          Please respect the forum by not misusing it.  This is a sharing space, not a blogging ones.
The worst way of learning is to keep all the knowledge to yourself.  So, share it to others as they would to you.

Regards;
Salahdin (The Great Caliph of Baghdad)

Offline penang_lim

• Knight
  • Timing is important in all types of Investment
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
Dialog falls almost 7% suddenly after being traded in the band of RM1.90-RM2.10 for weeks.  Is some storm brewing?
When the time comes, all investment knowledges should be passed to the younger generations for further enhancement.

Thx & Rgds;
Lim