Author Topic: Public Regional Sector Fund  (Read 6046 times)

Offline clementluy

• Civilian
Public Regional Sector Fund
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:18:38 AM »
For those who like to diversify the investment into regional market.

Do send me an email to request for more info.

Thanks,
Clement
clementluy@gmail.com

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
Re: Public Regional Sector Fund
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:00:46 PM »
Do you know what stocks they are going to invest in?

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
Can you highlight all the differences of this fund with Far East?

Offline clementluy

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:32:45 AM »
Can you highlight all the differences of this fund with Far East?

Here is some highlight as far as i can recall.

1. The two funds will take different approaches when investing in the domestic and
regional markets. PRSECís primary consideration when investing is to analyse the
markets on a sectorial basis to determine which industries are expected to perform well.
The sector allocations for PRSEC will be monitored on an ongoing basis and the fundís
sector exposure will be rebalanced on a dynamic basis to ensure that the fundís sector
allocations are positioned to optimise the fundís returns. After the sectors are identified,
the fund manager will subsequently review the stocks available in the various regional
markets for selected sectors and build up the fundís investment portfolio accordingly.
PRSEC will focus up to a maximum of six sectors at any one time.

2.  In comparison, PFES will take into account country weightings when building up its
investment portfolio. The various regional markets will be analysed on a top down basis
to see which markets are expected to outperform based on market valuations, earnings
growth prospects, interest rate cycles for the particular markets, liquidity flows into the
various markets, inflation and currency outlook. The fund will focus on markets which
are expected to outperform based on the analyses undertaken.

I hope above explanation anwers correctly to your question. :)

/clement

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:45:12 AM »
Very difficult words ar... Can simplify the words for other users who are new to unit trust?

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »
Thanks Clementluy. You had explain the diferent investment objectives for both fund. What about the fund managers, is it the same for both funds?

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »
Guess what.

I went down to my office cafeteria for lunch today and who should I meet but this lady trying to sell me this exact fund!

I must admit it does look interesting at first sight, and it still does to me. And if you sign up before the 10th of April 2006, you'll get an additional 1% free units. So now I have a deadline and I'm thinking of buying a couple of k's myself. Does anyone know any other pros or cons or gossips about this fund?

Offline Calvin Wong

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »
Forgot to mention... the unit trust consultant also tried to sell me the 'Public Dividend Select Fund' which is of moderate risk and aims to give an above average annual interest by investing in local blue chips. Supposedly last year's gross dividend yield for Malaysian stocks was 4.2%...

Anyway... I am more interested in the 'Public Regional Sector Fund' but the nice lady just now couldnt tell if the fund will focus more on regional blue chips or regional growth stocks. All she could tell me was 'both'. I'm looking for a fund that will research a lot of regional small cap growth stocks. Does anyone know if this is what I'm looking for, or are there any other similar funds?

Offline clementluy

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »
Thanks Clementluy. You had explain the diferent investment objectives for both fund. What about the fund managers, is it the same for both funds?

There are total of 9 investment personnel in PRSEC  strong in various investment profile and experice in managing local & oversea market. And the designated fund manager name Mr. Lum Ming Jang who is also Head of investment team. If you want to know more details about this fund, please do contact your respective unit trust consultant to get a copy of fund prospectus.

/clement

Offline clementluy

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »
Forgot to mention... the unit trust consultant also tried to sell me the 'Public Dividend Select Fund' which is of moderate risk and aims to give an above average annual interest by investing in local blue chips. Supposedly last year's gross dividend yield for Malaysian stocks was 4.2%...

Anyway... I am more interested in the 'Public Regional Sector Fund' but the nice lady just now couldnt tell if the fund will focus more on regional blue chips or regional growth stocks. All she could tell me was 'both'. I'm looking for a fund that will research a lot of regional small cap growth stocks. Does anyone know if this is what I'm looking for, or are there any other similar funds?

The objective of  PRSEC is to seek long term capital appreciation and incidental dividend distribution. I believe fund manager will holding mixture of bluechip and growth stocks.

/clement

Offline clementluy

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 12:03:15 PM »
Very difficult words ar... Can simplify the words for other users who are new to unit trust?

mhh...think that is the simplify version from me lor. anyway, the key different will be "Investment approach", also the criteria of equity selection will be base on regional sector. For e.g, telecommunication , Oil & gas sector and etc. E.g of the company will be China Mobile (Tele) , Petro China (Enegy) & CNOOC (Enegy), Samsung Electronic (Technology) and others sector in total of 10 countries.

/clement