Author Topic: NASDAQ  (Read 2214 times)

Offline earwax

• Knight
NASDAQ
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »
Hi guys... I'm back!  ;D

Went for a longish holiday and now I'm back and dead broke again.  :(

Anyway... I was wondering if anyone here knows why US market especially NASDAQ has been doing so good lately?
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

AndrewChia

Re: NASDAQ
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:59 PM »
Next time go nearby Port Dickson or Genting lah, save money.
To know Malaysia is to love Malaysia...........  :D :D

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Nasdaq Composite rose on Thursday as technology shares benefited from stronger-than-expected economic data and Apple Inc. shot to a record on expectations of strong sales momentum for its iPhone.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070705/markets_stocks.html?.v=15

Offline earwax

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:29:24 AM »
Oyah... because of Apple...

The article says technology companies "ordinarily are the best performers when the economy is expanding and interest rates are rising" ...why ar? ???
Right beside every great brain there is... Earwax! :)

AndrewChia

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 03:12:39 AM »
I was told that each day if you want to know whether the Dow Jones will be up or down, look at NASDAQ.  Because the Dow and S & P usually follow NASDAQ.  This was true during the dotcom boom also where the Dow followed behind the NASDAQ which went up to as high as 5,000 points.  (Now NASDAQ about 2,500 only.)

I think it's like the construction industry in Malaysia; first to recover and first to die also...  ::) ::)

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:21:19 AM »
I was told that each day if you want to know whether the Dow Jones will be up or down, look at NASDAQ.  Because the Dow and S & P usually follow NASDAQ.  This was true during the dotcom boom also where the Dow followed behind the NASDAQ which went up to as high as 5,000 points.  (Now NASDAQ about 2,500 only.)

I think it's like the construction industry in Malaysia; first to recover and first to die also...  ::) ::)

DOubt its true.
I am also following a few US forums on trading.
Never heard the notion NQ leads the YM and ES
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.