Author Topic: MY OPINION ON MALAYSIA'S GENERAL MARKET DIRECTION  (Read 95079 times)

Offline ahbah

• Duke
  • You got like my 2 best friends ?
Re: MY OPINION ON MALAYSIA'S GENERAL MARKET DIRECTION
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 04:47:36 PM »
I totally agree market will do the opposite if "everyone" believes in the same thing. But what is everyone thinking now? Even our Dr Kim one day say RUNN another day say crisis ended, oil no problem then next day say beware of short lived euphoria.  :D :D :D

Some analysts are predicting KLCI next year will be above 1800, our Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Abdul Wahid Omar is still sticking to his growth target of 5% to 6% for 2015. But World Bank cut Malaysia GDP forecast.

One article in starbiz today which quite relate to what you mentioned:

TIME TO BE FRANK AND ERNEST

The newsflow in current times is not at all positive.
As oil prices decline and the stock market gyrates with selling pressure, it is easy for the man on the street to get worried.
Comments by economists and the weak earnings season mean that the economy and corporates are heading towards a period of weakness.
The situation, however, is different from the line of messaging by the Goverment.
It is fine for the Goverment to disagree with the private sector economists and analysts by saying that it expects 2015 GDP growth to come in between the 5% to 6% range it has projected.
But the public needs to know why it is saying that. Why is the Goverment sticking to its earlier projection when conditions have changed?
The fact remains that the Goverment has all the data at its disposal. It has access to information most private parties don't. As a result of guesstimates and projections based on models that they have,the private sector forecasters are basing their estimates on their spreadsheets and observations.
communication is important the days of taking information at face value has changed. With the tide of opinion changing, saying there is nothing to worry about is not good enough. people know that the weaker ringgit will help exports, but they also know it can lead to costlier imports and affect consumption.

Furthermore, with so much investment going into oil and gas sector, driving GDP upwards, the weaker crude oil prices mean that some companies will mothball their plans. Petronas has already said it will cut its capital expenditure by 15%  to 20% next year and that will have a ripple effect throughtout the economy.
the best solution is to be forthcoming and  shares its reasons why it thinks things won't be so bad. Not doing so will  make the public think the goverment is in denial.THE SIMPLE fact is that at the onset of every crisis, the first thing people hear is denial and that things will be okay. Times have changed

Offline Power Ranger

• Knight
  • Trend Follower
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:35 PM »
U r partially right only

yes, O & G counters are long overdue for a technical rebound

but i think u have underestimated the magnitude of this technical relief rally

this is a BIG one and could last for weeks if not months (but of course there will be some pullback on certain days)

the relief rally has just started only and its a long way b4 it reach its full potential  :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

just relax and watch the show  :clap: :clap: :clap: :handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

Offline MrNo1

• Knight
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
Water too cloudy.. Cant see the bottom .

Online king

• King
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 05:04:07 PM »
One article in starbiz today which quite relate to what you mentioned:

TIME TO BE FRANK AND ERNEST

The newsflow in current times is not at all positive.
As oil prices decline and the stock market gyrates with selling pressure, it is easy for the man on the street to get worried.
Comments by economists and the weak earnings season mean that the economy and corporates are heading towards a period of weakness.
The situation, however, is different from the line of messaging by the Goverment.
It is fine for the Goverment to disagree with the private sector economists and analysts by saying that it expects 2015 GDP growth to come in between the 5% to 6% range it has projected.
But the public needs to know why it is saying that. Why is the Goverment sticking to its earlier projection when conditions have changed?
The fact remains that the Goverment has all the data at its disposal. It has access to information most private parties don't. As a result of guesstimates and projections based on models that they have,the private sector forecasters are basing their estimates on their spreadsheets and observations.
communication is important the days of taking information at face value has changed. With the tide of opinion changing, saying there is nothing to worry about is not good enough. people know that the weaker ringgit will help exports, but they also know it can lead to costlier imports and affect consumption.

Furthermore, with so much investment going into oil and gas sector, driving GDP upwards, the weaker crude oil prices mean that some companies will mothball their plans. Petronas has already said it will cut its capital expenditure by 15%  to 20% next year and that will have a ripple effect throughtout the economy.
the best solution is to be forthcoming and  shares its reasons why it thinks things won't be so bad. Not doing so will  make the public think the goverment is in denial.THE SIMPLE fact is that at the onset of every crisis, the first thing people hear is denial and that things will be okay. Times have changed

Denial Syndrome.

HorHorHor.

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 05:16:59 PM »
Thanks.

HIGH  TIME  to be GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDY   :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

Offline Power Ranger

• Knight
  • Trend Follower
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
U r partially right only

yes, O & G counters are long overdue for a technical rebound

but i think u have underestimated the magnitude of this technical relief rally

this is a BIG one and could last for weeks if not months (but of course there will be some pullback on certain days)

the relief rally has just started only and its a long way b4 it reach its full potential  :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

just relax and watch the show  :clap: :clap: :clap: :handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

MARKET MOVES IN CYCLE.

The BULL started in 2009 and this stale bull already 5-year old.  :D :D :D

We are now at the first phase of a BIG DOWNTREND.  :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

In a BIG DOWNTREND, the price pattern is "lower high, lower low" LH-LW, LH-LW, LH-LW...... ;) ;) ;)

Currently, Malaysia market has positioned himself in a PERFECT STORM!!! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
The market valuation of Malaysia stocks is way too high relative to the current fundamental news.  
1. Low oil price to stay for months if not years... Government will have tough time to avoid possible twin deficits.... could suffer downgrade on our bonds.
2. Causing RM to weaken... resulting in rising inflation soon.... compounded by GST soon.....
3. USD strengthening due to FED raising interest rate around mid-2015.  This could cause a run of Malaysian Bonds ..... (currently 46% of our bond is held by foreign holders) .... To defence the run, Bank Negara may need to raise interest rate.... stock market don't like rising interest rate.  :sweat:
4. 1MDB huge debt could be the catalyst ........ if this huge debt is not resolved........
5. Commodities like palm oil, rubber price still falling..... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Online king

• King
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »
HIGH  TIME  to be GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDY   :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

GOOD
FOOD
FOR
THOUGHT

Online king

• King
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
MARKET MOVES IN CYCLE.

In a BIG DOWNTREND, the price pattern is "lower high, lower low" LH-LW, LH-LW, LH-LW...... ;) ;) ;)

Currently, Malaysia market has positioned himself in a PERFECT STORM!!! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
The market valuation of Malaysia stocks is way too high relative to the current fundamental news.  
1. Low oil price to stay for months if not years... Government will have tough time to avoid possible twin deficits.... could suffer downgrade on our bonds.
2. Causing RM to weaken... resulting in rising inflation soon.... compounded by GST soon.....
3. USD strengthening due to FED raising interest rate around mid-2015.  This could cause a run of Malaysian Bonds ..... (currently 46% of our bond is held by foreign holders) .... To defence the run, Bank Negara may need to raise interest rate.... stock market don't like rising interest rate.  :sweat:
4. 1MDB huge debt could be the catalyst ........ if this huge debt is not resolved........
5. Commodities like palm oil, rubber price still falling..... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

GOOD
FOOD
FOR
THOUGHT

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »
To defence the run, Bank Negara may need to raise interest rate.... stock market don't like rising interest rate.  

Our Malaysian households got like rising interest rate ?

They got big fat FD in the banks to enjoy the rising interest rate ?

or

They got big and heavi load of bank loans on their shoulder for them to carry ?

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:56 PM »
MARKET MOVES IN CYCLE.

Can sweep below the carpet or not?

Online king

• King
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 05:37:28 PM »
Can sweep below the carpet or not?

KWAI LOR
GOT
POWERFUL
VACUUM CLEANER

Offline The-Keyman

• Baron
  • 2018 Investment - Defensive For Big Wave
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
To defence the run, Bank Negara may need to raise interest rate.... stock market don't like rising interest rate.  

or

If you realize this 2 months, a lot of bank-bank joining the battle of FD interest rat

Eg, 6 month by fresh fund, people can enjoy 4% p.a interest earn

What is this all signal for all bank-bank FD battle???

Is it liquidity very very tied???

Is it bank-bank already aware BNM will raise interest rate within next 6 months???
“The-Keyman” do not make any representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness and also accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this forum or further communication given in relation to this forum

Online king

• King
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

or

HOUSEHOLD DEBT TO GDP RATIO :

1997.........30%

2014.........87%

:S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S

Online king

• King
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 05:41:29 PM »
If you realize this 2 months, a lot of bank-bank joining the battle of FD interest rat

Eg, 6 month by fresh fund, people can enjoy 4% p.a interest earn

What is this all signal for all bank-bank FD battle???

Is it liquidity very very tied???

Is it bank-bank already aware BNM will raise interest rate within next 6 months???

IN ANTICIPATION OF LIQUIDITY CRUNCH

POST        GST                      ??   ??   ??

Offline The-Keyman

• Baron
  • 2018 Investment - Defensive For Big Wave
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

1997.........30%

2014.........87%

Do you know after post 97/98 crisis, during 2002-2007 year, household debt to GDP ratio how much???

The answer is less than 10% :)

Now you know what is the meaning of pre & post crisis  :handshake:
“The-Keyman” do not make any representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or correctness and also accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of this forum or further communication given in relation to this forum

Online king

• King
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
Do you know after post 97/98 crisis, during 2002-2007 year, household debt to GDP ratio how much???

The answer is less than 10% :)

Now you know what is the meaning of pre & post crisis  :handshake:

LOAN FORCED CLOSURE BY BANKS !!!!!!!

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »

1997.........30%

2014.........87%

With 30% debt level, when the market crashed, mani players landed in ICU and later disappeared from the market.

Now, with 87% debt level, if the market crashed, all are 100% sure I will RIP forever !

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 05:52:32 PM »
LOAN FORCED CLOSURE BY BANKS !!!!!!!

;) ;) :speechless:

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:02 PM »

KWAI LOR
GOT
POWERFUL
VACUUM CLEANER

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
A handful here are seeing things becoming bearish, but goverment is not bearish.
So how

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »
A handful here are seeing things becoming bearish, but goverment is not bearish.
So how

But i believe majority here are bullish. That is why many are still invested  more in stocks compared to cash.
Will know only by hindsight.

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
So how

Dulu, Dockter Ma, Pakla & Co got tell us before our economy / market tanked ?

Online king

• King
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
So how

GOV IS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BULLISH !!!!!!!!!!

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »
Dulu, Dockter Ma, Pakla & Co got tell us before our economy / market tanked ?

Gua sula lupa.

No, i suppose?

Online king

• King
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2014, 06:16:02 PM »

出  就
大  改
事  姓
了  賴

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 06:20:44 PM »
With 30% debt level, when the market crashed, mani players landed in ICU and later disappeared from the market.

Now, with 87% debt level, if the market crashed, all are 100% sure I will RIP forever !

have  Faith with Grand ma  Zetty  -  the Top  Asia's  Central bank Governor for years  ! :thumbsup: 8)

Bravoooo  Grandma Z

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »

Gov corn the poor rakyat with beautiful economic prospect even when our economy / market oredi in tank mode ?

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2014, 06:23:59 PM »
have  Faith with Grand ma  Zetty  -  the Top  Asia's  Central bank Governor for years  ! :thumbsup: 8)

Bravoooo  Grandma Z

Z Tea got battle with G Sorrow and defend her Ringgit at 3.50 ?

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »
Gov corn the poor rakyat with beautiful economic prospect even when our economy / market oredi in tank mode ?

the solution is  PRINT  :cash: :cash: :cash:  &  KEEP  the  STOCK  MARKET  HOT  :thumbsup:

then everybody queit  , ah bah too  :thumbsup: ;) ;) ;)

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »
For these past 2 days, klci index was up. Who was buying?

Local institutions are buying as reported.
Foreign funds suddenly bought back?

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
the solution is  PRINT  :cash: :cash: :cash:  &  KEEP  the  STOCK  MARKET  HOT  :thumbsup:

then everybody queit  , ah bah too  :thumbsup: ;) ;) ;)

Oh Bah Ma printing machine grade ... AAA rating

Z Tea printing machine grade ... what rating ?

Offline ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »

I think Mat Salleh gia kah lah.

Online king

• King
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »

ZZZ

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »

Z

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas

Online king

• King
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »

Offline Beam

• Viscount
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Online king

• King
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »

Walan, 115 fresh bankruptcy notice published in today's Nanyang !!!!

Offline bullrun88

• Knight
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
I am eyeing a few, but even when index was at its lowest , the prices were still high.
So, the probability of getting rich, by my standard( by turning 400k to 600k/800k) is quite slim with this kind of condition in malaysia.

Only trading is the choice for me at this moment.

1) can digi 6.10 become 10.00 in 2 years?
2) can pchem (4.80) become 9.00 in 2 years?
3) can ioi corp (4.40) bevome 7.00 in 2 years?
4) can public bank (17.00) become 28.oo in 2 years?
5) can genm ( 3.93 cheapest now) become 7.00 in 2 years?

No dream equals to no hope. Everything is possible. Huat ah... :)  :cash:

Offline Beam

• Viscount
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
Where s the TT..

Later said buy call while others run away.. :D

Offline Power Ranger

• Knight
  • Trend Follower
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
MARKET REBOUND, GOOD OPPORTUNITIES TO CUT-LOSS.  :phew: :phew: :phew:

In a major downtrend, the strategy is SELL ON ANY REBOUND.  FIRST CUT IS THE CHEAPEST.   :D :D :D

Online king

• King
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »

2015/16

Buyers' mkt

Cash is King

Offline CurryLee

• Viscount
  • flying high! im on fire......
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2014, 09:03:20 PM »
First, we stop at Inflation Park to see the golden crocodiles. Then we head on to Recession Resort and Spa and enjoy doing nothing. After that, we go to Depression Hill to see whether more fun to jump down from the hill or climb up the hill. Finally, we have a relaxing time at Deflation Garden where many flowers to pick.

:P :P :P :P
malimalimaliongongongnotongchefbutishua thuatong

Online king

• King
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »
First, we stop at Inflation Park to see the golden crocodiles. Then we head on to Recession Resort and Spa and enjoy doing nothing. After that, we go to Depression Hill to see whether more fun to jump down from the hill or climb up the hill. Finally, we have a relaxing time at Deflation Garden where many flowers to pick.

R u ready ?

Offline cockcroach

• Viscount
  • pretty cute lipas
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »

seems that  you are  afraid  liao @  B_ird.less   & surely you just be  a spactator (sideline)   while  others  are enjoying making money lately  :cash: :cash: :cash:...

YOU  sure  geting MAD-DER  ( more MAD )  now  -  missing golden opportunity now  :cash: :cash:

YOU are  LEFT  OUT  bcoz  YOU  BEHAVE  LIKE  GRANDMA ' S   FD ( Fixed Deposit )  ! :D :giggle: :giggle:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
seems that  you are  afraid  liao @  B_ird.less   & surely you just be  a spactator (sideline)   while  others  are enjoying making money lately  :cash: :cash: :cash:...

YOU  sure  geting MAD-DER  ( more MAD )  now  -  missing golden opportunity now  :cash: :cash:

YOU are  LEFT  OUT  bcoz  YOU  BEHAVE  LIKE  GRANDMA ' S   FD ( Fixed Deposit )  ! :D :giggle: :giggle:

:D :D :D ..........your bola edi found but dont have to make others insomia :P :P

Online king

• King
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »