Author Topic: My investments are kaput.  (Read 69084 times)

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
Re: My investments are kaput.
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2015, 02:53:43 AM »
It is very hard to talk to you people, we are from different class of investor. Just like a professional like doctor, talking to kids playing doctor.

That's what everyone is trying to tell you John.

You have talk a lot, but not one analyst recommend a buy for gsb. Until today, it's just another penny stock like the many others.

You quoted a lot of things to convince people that gsb will be tomorrow's mah sing, but ultimately figures and results speak for itself.
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2015, 04:28:16 AM »
If you no longer trust the company based on it's business, growth, earnings or stock price, cut your losses immediately even if it hurts and it's all to avoid further losses.  8)
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline eye-hub

• Viscount
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2015, 07:02:21 AM »
Haha.....

LG.....armada is back in show....

Coming to be over 20% profit today :)

You have talk a lot, but not one analyst recommend a buy for gsb. Until today, it's just another penny stock like the many others.

You quoted a lot of things to convince people that gsb will be tomorrow's mah sing, but ultimately figures and results speak for itself.

"Price is the most important factor to use in relation to value."  - Walter Schloss

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2015, 07:12:31 AM »
You really should be placing your money in FD.

:D
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

1.  Understand the business
2.  Business must have DCA
3.  Management with integrity
4.  Buy at a sensible price

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2015, 07:12:58 AM »
If you no longer trust the company based on it's business, growth, earnings or stock price, cut your losses immediately even if it hurts and it's all to avoid further losses.  8)

:thumbsup:
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2015, 07:22:35 AM »

Trust  ... this is subjective.

Anyway, we are subjected to the vicissitudes of the stock market.   I have bought a company at a certain price and the price actually halved 2 months later.   I bought a lot more due to my conviction.  This company over the next 9 years returned a 10 bagger.

If you do not hold onto your stocks long term, you are unlikely to own these multi-baggers of Peter Lynch types.

Maybe you are suggesting some sort of tactical asset allocation to each such stock based on their valuation - selling some when you perceive the valuation to be high and buying more when the valuation is low.  It is a difficult strategy to employ, only easy at the extremes of its valuation range.

Yes, sell the losers.  These are stocks that have deteriorating fundamentals which are not easy to remedy by the management.  To not do so leads to greater losses in the future. In other words, cut the losses or get out of harms way.   

Also, to sell the underperformers too.  These are stocks that are still delivering positive returns but not much better than risk free interest rates, and with no prospect of better returns in the near or distant future.   Sell these to reinvest into better stocks.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:11 AM »
I need to educate myself a lot more on the types of businesses that have DCA.

I would need to spend time studying the various business sectors in the business world.

Some sectors are easier to make money compared to others.

The philosophy that I employ are more suited to certain types of stocks in certain sectors.

Cyclicals are difficult to play, needing the skill to invest at the right time and to get out at the right time.

I like stocks that I can buy and hold forever.   

But my strategy and ability so far has been disastrous.

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2015, 07:50:44 AM »
You know what is the difference between analyst and me ? I see far ahead into the future to "see" company growth, analyst write what people likes to read based on history and past events. They also includes fancy stuff like charts which claims to show this and that and therefore target price is RMX.XX. So all the readers will go and chase till RMX.XX . For m,e I just tell people, just buy at certain stage and wait for the company to grow to a certain stage. from infant stage to matured stage, share price will be adjusted accordingly. I don't give a target price RMX.XX for people to chase to benefit myself.

I make a mistake last time by giving a target 20sen ( I was reluctant to give target price at first ) because people kept on pressuring me that time, since goreng was going to happen that time, I did exactly what analyst did, give a target based on historical data and charts. Unfortunately it did not did not achieve 20sen that time, it hit 16sen from 5 sen, that's more than 300%.  Most of the analyst target are also never achieved , difference is that I got attacked but analyst don't. Thinking about last time, when I mention 20sen, share price did rise from 5 sen to 16sen.. which is already more than 300% gain. Trouble is those people was busy attacking me at 5sen and only starts to chase at 16sen, after more than 300% rise. That time GSB go up because purely because of goreng, business has not grown

yet, surely wont sustain and will surely will drop back. If GSB has launch all their projects back then, I am sure it would easily cross 20sen and beyond and stay there when GSB business stage is in higher stage. Even though I know it will fall but I did not sell my GSB shares because I am very firm with my investment strategies. You must think I am crazy BUT you must be firm otherwise you will be a lalang, neither here nor there. My strategy on GSB is based on business growth stage, so I stick to it. Other counters I will apply different strategies..

Yep different way of thinking. But surely everyone can understand, I buy GSB based on growth stage and recommend it based on that basis. I enter at the baby stage and will exit only when they are matured.

GSB is still at its baby stage, now it is moving into its teenage stage. Once it reaches its matured stage, regardless of share price... I will surely take some profits. At this stage ( current ), there is no selling from me because not time yet. That's why when people ask me my target price, my target is not share price but business life stage.

I dont wan to give target price anymore. If I give goreng price, people who chase will surely blame me, just like last time when GSB was goreng from 5 sen to 16sen. Instead of buyng at 5sen they bought at 16sen. Lets say suddenly GSB is being goreng from 10sen to XX sen, when goreng is completed those people enter late will surely lose money and blame me for sure.

What I can tell you is that, when GSB is fully grown matured, with sales over RM 1 billion and profits more than hundreds of million... it will not be 10sen for sure, it will be significantly higher for sure, at least by few folds.

just now u mention MahSing.. Mah Sing was exactly like GSB when they first started. Do you remember last time Mah Sing was a plastic manufacturer. They were not doing well that time when they decide to venture into property development, with virtually ZERO experience in property development, however with people with good vision. At least GSB enter the property market with 40 years top class experience from Sima Group. With that I believe GSB will do better in the future.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »
You know what is the difference between analyst and me ? I see far ahead into the future to "see" company growth, analyst write what people likes to read based on history and past events. They also includes fancy stuff like charts which claims to show this and that and therefore target price is RMX.XX. So all the readers will go and chase till RMX.XX . For m,e I just tell people, just buy at certain stage and wait for the company to grow to a certain stage. from infant stage to matured stage, share price will be adjusted accordingly. I don't give a target price RMX.XX for people to chase to benefit myself.

I make a mistake last time by giving a target 20sen ( I was reluctant to give target price at first ) because people kept on pressuring me that time, since goreng was going to happen that time, I did exactly what analyst did, give a target based on historical data and charts. Unfortunately it did not did not achieve 20sen that time, it hit 16sen from 5 sen, that's more than 300%.  Most of the analyst target are also never achieved , difference is that I got attacked but analyst don't. Thinking about last time, when I mention 20sen, share price did rise from 5 sen to 16sen.. which is already more than 300% gain. Trouble is those people was busy attacking me at 5sen and only starts to chase at 16sen, after more than 300% rise. That time GSB go up because purely because of goreng, business has not grown

yet, surely wont sustain and will surely will drop back. If GSB has launch all their projects back then, I am sure it would easily cross 20sen and beyond and stay there when GSB business stage is in higher stage. Even though I know it will fall but I did not sell my GSB shares because I am very firm with my investment strategies. You must think I am crazy BUT you must be firm otherwise you will be a lalang, neither here nor there. My strategy on GSB is based on business growth stage, so I stick to it. Other counters I will apply different strategies..

Yep different way of thinking. But surely everyone can understand, I buy GSB based on growth stage and recommend it based on that basis. I enter at the baby stage and will exit only when they are matured.

GSB is still at its baby stage, now it is moving into its teenage stage. Once it reaches its matured stage, regardless of share price... I will surely take some profits. At this stage ( current ), there is no selling from me because not time yet. That's why when people ask me my target price, my target is not share price but business life stage.

I dont wan to give target price anymore. If I give goreng price, people who chase will surely blame me, just like last time when GSB was goreng from 5 sen to 16sen. Instead of buyng at 5sen they bought at 16sen. Lets say suddenly GSB is being goreng from 10sen to XX sen, when goreng is completed those people enter late will surely lose money and blame me for sure.

What I can tell you is that, when GSB is fully grown matured, with sales over RM 1 billion and profits more than hundreds of million... it will not be 10sen for sure, it will be significantly higher for sure, at least by few folds.

just now u mention MahSing.. Mah Sing was exactly like GSB when they first started. Do you remember last time Mah Sing was a plastic manufacturer. They were not doing well that time when they decide to venture into property development, with virtually ZERO experience in property development, however with people with good vision. At least GSB enter the property market with 40 years top class experience from Sima Group. With that I believe GSB will do better in the future.

Looks like we cannot let GSB rest.

Buyers of properties look for developers who are financially strong.  A strong balance sheet.

At best, GSB looks like a big debt ridden company at present, undertaking all these projects.

If it made it, it would be fine. 

If not, it would be kaput too.

Remember Duta Yap in the collapse of the housing industry a few decades ago.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2015, 08:16:10 AM »
In the present stock market, valuation is rich.

It is difficult to find a deeply undervalued great stock to put cash to work.

I suppose it is timely to either sit still (stay in cash, like ttb) or just trade short-term (non-seriously).

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
GSB big debt ridden ? u on drugs or what ? GSB bank borrowing will still be less than RM50 million even after all those prime land purchase. All those new land purchase ( Shah Alam and 52 acres Bentong ) are in prime location and all already ready to launch once launched, profits from Shah Alam alone will be at least 50 million or more, far more than the RM40 million spent to buy both the lands. You see, you go again on strong balance sheet... you are looking again at the past.

Strong balance sheet will come in the future, not the past. Now u know your trouble, why you lose money ? u failed to see into the future.

Don't even need to talk about those new projects with the current G Residence alone, we are talking about RM60 million profit. Klang project is also launching.

Buyers of properties look for developers who are financially strong.  A strong balance sheet.

At best, GSB looks like a big debt ridden company at present, undertaking all these projects.

Offline k33keong

• Baronet
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
I see Johnmaster hit me at Technical analysis.

He claimed that TA made a lot of people lost in the stock market.

To me, this is not true. TA has taught us what is "stop loss". Disciplined investors know what is stop loss, but not the greedy punters. And that is THE DIFFERENCE.

In the market today, those making small profits many times a year, many of them have depended on TA.

Offline eye-hub

• Viscount
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »
马来亚银行最新研究报告指出,柔佛南部经济特区依斯干达的房地产已经供过于求,并提醒有意进场的买家必须小心,以防当地出现房地产泡沫。

依斯干达特区至今总共吸引了大约380亿美元的投资,当中45%已落实。自2006年开发以来,这里成了新加坡人投资房地产的热点。

马来亚银行最新的研究报告指出,自去年中开始,依斯干达房地产需求已显著放缓。

不过当地房地产供应量今年和明年还将大增,2012年及2013年施工单位同比都激增了18%。

这份报告也指出,由于中国大陆和香港发展商在依斯干达拥挤区大量囤积房产用地,供过于求的现象还将进一步恶化,为当地楼市带来更多不确定因素和风险。
- CH8/CA

ww.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/international/caution-advised-on/1790094.html
"Price is the most important factor to use in relation to value."  - Walter Schloss

Offline eye-hub

• Viscount
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
WAS ON SINGAPORE TV NEWS YESTERDAY.......................

GONE.........................

GONE...........................

Caution advised on Iskandar residential, commercial property: Maybank

SINGAPORE: The property oversupply situation in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, is "likely to get worse before it gets better", said Maybank Investment Bank's research wing in a report, with property values in an increasingly crowded development space possibly declining over the medium term.

In a research note issued by the Malaysian bank on Tuesday (Apr 14) urged investors to be cautious about the region, noting that property transactions and prices in Iskandar have been dropping.

The value of property transactions in Johor had fallen by 33 per cent quarter-on-quarter in the Q4 2014, underperforming the country (-7 per cent) and other major cities such as Kuala Lumpur (-12 per cent) and Penang (8 per cent).

Property prices in Johor were also weaker than that of other cities, with the House Price Index (HPI) contracting 1 per cent quarter-on-quarter. In contrast, property prices in the whole of Malaysia dropped 0.2 per cent, the research paper said.

Residential and commercial property transaction values plunged 42 per cent and 43 per cent on-quarter in the fourth quarter 2014, respectively, compared to the 4 per cent dip by industrial properties.

"The latest statistics reaffirm our view that industrial properties are a better investment choice in Iskandar due to the relocation of small medium enterprises (SMEs) from Singapore and its relatively limited supply as compared to residential and commercial properties," Maybank said.

OVERSUPPLY AN ISSUE

The research note said that Malaysian developers have scaled back their launches and shifted their product mix to avoid direct competition with Chinese developers, and have lowered sales expectations for their projects at Iskandar.

"Judging from the number of approved high-rise projects, the Iskandar property market could be hit by too much supply of high-rise mixed development projects if there is still no coordinated planning and control - this will induce price volatility," Maybank analyst Wong Wei Sum said in the research.

"The oversupply situation will be exacerbated by the huge incoming supply in 2015/2016, where units under construction have risen 18 per cent year-on-year in 2012 and 2013, respectively."

"AGGRESSIVE" LAND GRAB BY CHINESE DEVELOPERS

The research note also raised concerns about "aggressive landbanking activities" by Chinese developers in the already-crowded Iskandar region.

"Without coordinated planning and control, this could aggravate the oversupply situation and induce price wars, especially in the high-rise mixed development segment."

For instance, Shanghai-based Greenland Holdings Group recently expanded its foothold in the space with the acquisition of a 128-acre freehold land in the south of Bandar Baru Permas Jaya. This was after its first purchase of 14 acres of land in Danga Bay in 2014. The company is also looking to acquire about 1,200 to 1,400 acres of industrial land near the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex, according to Maybank.

"If this materialises, Greenland will emerge as one of the largest land owners in Iskandar with a total landbank of 1,342 acres and it would pose strong competition to the local developers," the report said.

RECLAMATION PROJECT PRESENT "HIGH ELEMENT OF RISK"

Maybank also said it is "cautious" over "massive land reclamation" in Iskandar.

Reclamation works spanning 3,425 acres for the Forest City project has been given the green light from the Development of Environment. The development will spread over a 30-year period, and will consist of four man-made islands reclaimed in four phases.

"The execution and planning of such reclamation projects is complex, especially Forest City, and carry elements of risk and uncertainty. Hence, developers' financial positions are paramount; else we may see projects being abandoned or price wars initiated to clear inventories or reduce sales risks by the developers," Maybank said.

"More importantly, the failure of any of these projects could erode buyers' confidence and perception on Iskandar."

As such, the bank said it remains cautious on property exposure in Iskandar, instead preferring developers with exposure in the Klang Valley and Penang.

Klang Valley, in particular, is preferred because of the upcoming KVMRT and LRT lines, and potential KL-Singapore high-speed rail project, which will end at Bandar Malaysia, Maybank said.

More importantly, the strong population growth potential in Greater KL and Klang Valley - a possible 40 per cent increase to 10 million by 2020 - offers more sustainable demand for properties, it added.

Online ahbah

• Duke
  • You got like my 2 best friends ?
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »

I suppose it is timely to either sit still (stay in cash, like ttb) or just trade short-term (non-seriously).

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Another day has gone
 I'm still all alone
 How could this be
 You're not here with me
 You never said goodbye
 Someone tell me why
 Did you have to go
 And leave my world so cold

Everyday I sit and ask myself
 How did love slip away
 Something whispers in my ear and says
 That you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though you're far away
 I am here to stay

But you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though we're far apart
 You're always in my heart
 But you are not alone

'Lone, 'lone
 Why, 'lone

Just the other night
 I thought I heard you cry
 Asking me to come
 And hold you in my arms
 I can hear your prayers
 Your burdens I will bear
 But first I need your hand
 Then forever can begin

Everyday I sit and ask myself
 How did love slip away
 Something whispers in my ear and says
 That you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though you're far away
 I am here to stay

For you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though we're far apart
 For you are not alone

Whisper three words and I'll come runnin'
 And girl you know that I'll be there
 I'll be there

You are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though you're far away
 I am here to stay
 For you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though we're far apart

For you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though you're far away
 I am here to stay

For you are not alone
 For I am here with you
 Though we're far apart

For you are not alone...

http://www.jango.com/music/Michael+Jackson?l=0

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »
Just for you, I just check.. last year GSB paid only RM298,000 for interest payment. You call GSB debt ridden company ? We are talking a company with RM 1 billion worth of project in the pipeline, paying RM298,000 for bank loan interest. That is an extreamly strong company.

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
In the past my staff uses alof of those, it depends on how fast you are, whether u are ahead of behind. Majority will lose money from it.

I see Johnmaster hit me at Technical analysis.

He claimed that TA made a lot of people lost in the stock market.

To me, this is not true. TA has taught us what is "stop loss". Disciplined investors know what is stop loss, but not the greedy punters. And that is THE DIFFERENCE.

In the market today, those making small profits many times a year, many of them have depended on TA.

Online king

• King
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »

:handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2015, 09:06:36 AM »
ok.. time to leave for airport now.. I am going for another holiday.

Offline eye-hub

• Viscount
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »

btw ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY...

PS....i planning now to go gold coast in the month of july :D :D :D :D

Online DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
this  is  bursa  market  .. must  adapt  to it  !

THROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  to  DRAIN  your  KAPUT  VALUE  INVESTINGG  on Bluecheat@chip

this  is  the way to make lui  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »
this  is  bursa  market  .. must  adapt  to it  !

THROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  to  DRAIN  your  KAPUT  VALUE  INVESTINGG  on Bluecheat@chip

this  is  the way to make lui  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Yes, KIM is prolific in his writing in this forum.

"****** stocks are the way to go," cries Dr. KIM.

I have got your message loud and clear.

Had also looked into this too.

Some fallacies:

Many investors mistakenly think that the best way to find the next 10 bagger stock is to buy "penny stocks."  Unfortunately, this rarely works out well. 

The fact of the matter is that many penny stocks are extremely risky.  Many of these companies are in such bad shape; with low standards and may also lack of liquidity. 

The penny stock markets are full of scams and frauds.  Even investlah is not exempted from these activities.

The "demon" artificially hype a particular stock allowing shares to be told to "investors".  Once the shares reach a certain point, the scam's insiders unload their positions and the price comes crashing down.  ("Pump and dump scam.)

Other stocks to avoid:

Out-of-the -money options

Leveraged ETFs

(Ref:  Motley Fools)

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2015, 11:26:29 AM »
Which sectors are best to discover companies with durable competitive advantage?

Financials
Consumer staples
Consumer discretionary
Materials
Industrials
Telecommunications
Energy
Utilities
Health care
CASH

:think: 

99% of investors do not know what they are doing in the stock market, and underperforms the index.   Maybe, I should seriously be buying a low cost index linked mutual funds for the long term, and be happy with it.   

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
I need to educate myself a lot more on the types of businesses that have DCA.

I would need to spend time studying the various business sectors in the business world.

Some sectors are easier to make money compared to others.

The philosophy that I employ are more suited to certain types of stocks in certain sectors.

Cyclicals are difficult to play, needing the skill to invest at the right time and to get out at the right time.

I like stocks that I can buy and hold forever.   

My strategy is simple for fundamentals, FOLLOW THE BIG GUNS!

Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »

Yeah, right.
Those 10-baggers you got helped to buffer some disaster, not?

Must be ruthlessly business-minded.
Even CFA qualification cannot replace such mentality.
No need to trust.
Business sense rulez all if dabble in FA.

At first I also want to be an investor following Warren *******'s style, but now I see the disaster that it brought even to 3i, I don't want lor. :giggle:
Buy, sell, up, down, gain, gain.

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
Yeah, right.
Those 10-baggers you got helped to buffer some disaster, not?

Must be ruthlessly business-minded.
Even CFA qualification cannot replace such mentality.
No need to trust.
Business sense rulez all if dabble in FA.

At first I also want to be an investor following Warren *******'s style, but now I see the disaster that it brought even to 3i, I don't want lor. :giggle:
No need to idolize Warren Buffet or Benjamin Graham philosophies too much. Be the pioneer and not the worshipper!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
Maybe 31 is telling the truth.

Last time he was so eager and impatient to get in even though prices remain high.
Probably cannot control his urges and simply get all in as prices dropped a bit.
Then later on price dropped some more.
And even more.
And he found his timing is too early, much too early, and would have served a much better purpose if waited longer.
Now in order to recover prices must go back to previous high.
But if the next 10 years there's a shift in economic paradigm, then today's loss may get worse and stay on for 10 years.
Then within this 10 years 3i will be emotionally bothered with questions on whether he should sell or buy more.
Sell, or buy more.
"I cannot sleep."

Offline sj7953

• Knight
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 12:32:37 PM »
Which sectors are best to discover companies with durable competitive advantage?

Financials
Consumer staples
Consumer discretionary
Materials
Industrials
Telecommunications
Energy
Utilities
Health care
CASH

:think: 

99% of investors do not know what they are doing in the stock market, and underperforms the index.   Maybe, I should seriously be buying a low cost index linked mutual funds for the long term, and be happy with it.   

consumer staples  :)
My Portfolio:

Dlady 35.20, 43.16
 Aeoncr 10.68, 14.88
 Harta 4.61,
 Favco 1.65,

updated 22 august 2013

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »
All cyclical companies that don't have the privilege of being defensive with consistent income flow no matter good times or bad, needs to find competitive advantage.

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Defensive companies that have their own competitive advantage may not be due to their own merit but due to external economic merit.
Thus valuing such companies should pay more attention to the external environment.

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
Telekom loh! Dorky also using UNIFI who...  :D :thumbsup:

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
Telekom loh! Dorky also using UNIFI who...  :D :thumbsup:

No unifi.
Only streamyx @ 1MB.
Why?
Because at higher speed would not lead to more productivity.
My 1MB speed is just right for the level of work that I do, since I seldom watch videos (except documentaries) nor download videos (expect hot steamy wet Jav).

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2015, 12:42:22 PM »
No unifi.
Only streamyx @ 1MB.
Why?
Because at higher speed would not lead to more productivity.
My 1MB speed is just right for the level of work that I do, since I seldom watch videos (except documentaries) nor download videos (expect hot steamy wet Jav).
Understandable.  :handshake:

Me cannot 1MB and using currently using 10mbps because too many movies not to be wasted on the internet...  :D :thumbsup: :handshake:

Online king

• King
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »

1 thing I dun understand,

3i only bot blue chips,

And assuming he bot at around highest when ci was around 1890.

Now ci is around all time high again, how come his blue chips still lost so badly like what he groaned??

Offline Gladiator

• Baron
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »

Those who bought GSB at 13 sen onward have contribute for JM holiday.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
I see 3i no longer entertain my comments.
Maybe he is really * his wounds.
Last time when he mentioned briefly about CFA and said I was a sour grape for talking down on CFA, I already smelt something could be wrong with his investment.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2015, 12:56:34 PM »

3i only bot blue chips,

Now ci is around all time high again, how come his blue chips still lost so badly like what he groaned??

Correct. The only explanation is he also speculation, just that he keep quiet all the time.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Maybe, I should seriously be buying a low cost index linked mutual funds for the long term, and be happy with it.   

Put your money in FD.

Offline master wahsing

• Viscount
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »
This talking rubbish....where got stock fall below 50% the last 52 wks ?

Also whats more where got every stock u hold fall below 50% leh ?

Put it this way....raider says....if u have cabut all your position.....the last 52 wks and without getting back in.....u will be cursing & regretting for your rest of your life loh...!!

ASIABIO

FROM 25 TO 1OCENTS...

Offline Lotus48

• Baron
  • 3rd in 2013 & 2015 Finalist-Stock King Competition
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2015, 01:55:27 PM »

3i only bot blue chips,

many blue cheat investors got burnt by armada, parkson, mhhb....

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2015, 04:15:32 PM »

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
Sell the losers and the underperformers.

I have to be patient.

Patience is needed for big returns in investment.

I have to diligently look for a great stock at a good bargain to put cash to work.

It probably is going to be difficult for this period.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »
My strategy is simple for fundamentals, FOLLOW THE BIG GUNS!

Yes, this is also a good strategy.

I did just that the last market sell down.

DLady was sold down in the market to $41.00.

But I did not buy DLady.

I bought another. 

Buying DLady would have returned 17% to date.

Lucky me,  this stock has returned 37.5% over a short period.

However, it is not a stock to be held for the long term.

This is small consolation. 

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
consumer staples  :)

These stocks are less volatile.   :thumbsup:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2015, 05:01:29 PM »

Like I've said earlier, if the company can show me realistic growth in terms of business, stock price and earnings, I don't mind buying it at a slightly higher price and just gamble something dirt cheap and kowtow to a clueless ridiculous salesmen from neverland.  :innocent:

In other words the salesmen might talk the talking but I rather walk the walking.  8)

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »
Enjoy your holidays with MAS or AIRASIA!  ;) :sweat:

:S

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
3i should be a trader, thus would not have sleepless nights.
Or else, you see the global economic news, you would almost *** in your underwear.
Grexit lah, Japanese diaper user more than working adults lah, Chinese grow old before grow rich lah, US decline lah, shipping index historic low lah, etc etc, that by the time the crisis is certain, the portfolio would have taken another 50% drop.
Sell, or buy more.
"I cannot sleep."

Offline Dorky

• Earl
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2015, 05:17:30 PM »
   :S

Ini muka jenis "I cannot sleep" punya ni.

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »

Trust  ... this is subjective.

Anyway, we are subjected to the vicissitudes of the stock market.   I have bought a company at a certain price and the price actually halved 2 months later.   I bought a lot more due to my conviction.  This company over the next 9 years returned a 10 bagger.

If you do not hold onto your stocks long term, you are unlikely to own these multi-baggers of Peter Lynch types.

Maybe you are suggesting some sort of tactical asset allocation to each such stock based on their valuation - selling some when you perceive the valuation to be high and buying more when the valuation is low.  It is a difficult strategy to employ, only easy at the extremes of its valuation range.

Yes, sell the losers.  These are stocks that have deteriorating fundamentals which are not easy to remedy by the management.  To not do so leads to greater losses in the future. In other words, cut the losses or get out of harms way.   

Also, to sell the underperformers too.  These are stocks that are still delivering positive returns but not much better than risk free interest rates, and with no prospect of better returns in the near or distant future.   Sell these to reinvest into better stocks.
I have a good sense that you no longer trust certain companies in your portfolio. Nothing's hard, just do the lover thing, BREAKUP and find other TRUSTED partner!  8)

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »
many blue cheat investors got burnt by armada, parkson, mhhb....
While some "investlah genious" here will reminds us on how "early birds catches the worm", bear in mind that "the second mouse gets the cheese too!"  :giggle: