Author Topic: My investments are kaput.  (Read 69879 times)

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
Re: My investments are kaput.
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »

must remember  this is  BURSA  -  the most weird market in the world - 
The only thing weird here is YOU! You dunno kah?  :shake: :D
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline sj7953

• Knight
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »

Some of the above price changes were due to share splits or bonus issues.

boilerm....  :)
My Portfolio:

Dlady 35.20, 43.16
 Aeoncr 10.68, 14.88
 Harta 4.61,
 Favco 1.65,

updated 22 august 2013

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 05:12:29 PM »
i buy VIS 0.32 cents sold 0.35 earn rm 1,164.92 . :party: :dancing: :party: :dancing: :cash: :cash: :cash: :D :D :D
:clap: :handshake: :cash:
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline eye-hub

• Viscount
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »

Armada rm1.20 today

DO U NOT THING THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: IN SOME OF THESE STOCKS ??
"Price is the most important factor to use in relation to value."  - Walter Schloss

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:58 PM »
Risk Warning

The prices of all shares, and the income from them, can fall as well as rise.

You run an extra risk of losing money when you buy shares in certain smaller companies including "penny shares".

There is a big difference between the buying price and the selling price of these shares. If you have to sell them immediately, you may get back much less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly, it may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested. It may be difficult to sell or realise the investment.

You should not speculate using money you cannot afford to lose, or rely on dividend income for non-discretionary living expenses.

Some securities may be traded in currencies other than sterling, and may also pay dividends in other currencies. Changes in rates of exchange may have an adverse effect on the value of these investments in sterling terms. You should also consult your stockbroker about any additional dealing or administrative charges.

We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that all statements of fact and opinion contained in this publication are fair and accurate in all material aspects.

Investors should seek appropriate professional advice from their stockbroker or other adviser if any points are unclear.

This newsletter gives general advice only, and the investments mentioned may not necessarily be suitable for any individual.

Motley Fool
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

1.  Understand the business
2.  Business must have DCA
3.  Management with integrity
4.  Buy at a sensible price

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »

Some of the above price changes were due to share splits or bonus issues.

Yah dude, we all know that. What else is new.
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 11:00:17 PM »
From the way some of you guys attack GSB, I would not be surprised if you guys lose money. A life time opportunity as good GSB they cannot see, how to make money ? From day 1 I introduce GSB, event after events... you can clearly see GSB taking shape. It was just unfortunate that it too longer than expected BUT nobody can deny, it is happening. 

If you want to make money from share market, you got to do your homework like I did on GSB and on any other company I invest in... I gather as much information as I can, go and meet and talk to people, investigate all the directors, visit sites/factories, then analyse everything you gather, you will be able to see what is coming in the future for that company. If you can expect what is coming in the future, chances of losing money is very very low.

A lot of people make mistake by using only historical data, they see company make money in the past, therefore it is good... BUT neglected to "see" the future. Whether a good company in the past or a bad company in the past, we must "see" the future before we invest.

I notice iinvestsmart always dig out past information, never try to "see". For example, GSB shows losses, small revenue in the past .. so he kept on saying it is bad, showing bad data. BUT did he try to "see" into the future ? if you still cannot "see" a future winner in GSB... I don't know how u can make money from any stock market. I use GSB as example, it is same for any other companies. How to "see" into the future ? I just mentioned it just now... do your homework, there is no free things in this world, even in GSB.. when I say good, you don't listen blindly, do your own homework as well.

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 01:27:30 AM »
Risk Warning

The prices of all shares, and the income from them, can fall as well as rise.

You run an extra risk of losing money when you buy shares in certain smaller companies including "penny shares".

There is a big difference between the buying price and the selling price of these shares. If you have to sell them immediately, you may get back much less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly, it may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested. It may be difficult to sell or realise the investment.

You should not speculate using money you cannot afford to lose, or rely on dividend income for non-discretionary living expenses.

Some securities may be traded in currencies other than sterling, and may also pay dividends in other currencies. Changes in rates of exchange may have an adverse effect on the value of these investments in sterling terms. You should also consult your stockbroker about any additional dealing or administrative charges.

We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that all statements of fact and opinion contained in this publication are fair and accurate in all material aspects.

Investors should seek appropriate professional advice from their stockbroker or other adviser if any points are unclear.

This newsletter gives general advice only, and the investments mentioned may not necessarily be suitable for any individual.

Motley Fool
DR KIM will be pissed at you blocking others from making money....  :D

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 01:46:56 AM »
From the way some of you guys attack GSB, I would not be surprised if you guys lose money. A life time opportunity as good GSB they cannot see, how to make money ? From day 1 I introduce GSB, event after events... you can clearly see GSB taking shape. It was just unfortunate that it too longer than expected BUT nobody can deny, it is happening. 
What is happening? The last time when GSB share price soared a bit was years ago and never reached RM0.16 till today! When it didn't went up according to your expectation during the release of their financial result which was negative, you blamed it as an accounting fraud. That my friend is facts!  8)

If you want to make money from share market, you got to do your homework like I did on GSB and on any other company I invest in... I gather as much information as I can, go and meet and talk to people, investigate all the directors, visit sites/factories, then analyse everything you gather, you will be able to see what is coming in the future for that company. If you can expect what is coming in the future, chances of losing money is very very low.
True! Stalk their wives, relatives, cousins etc etc etc......  :o

A lot of people make mistake by using only historical data, they see company make money in the past, therefore it is good... BUT neglected to "see" the future. Whether a good company in the past or a bad company in the past, we must "see" the future before we invest.
Yes, everyone can make mistakes just like you when you heavily influencing people to invest their monies into a losing coma stock that can't even gives good dividends for about emmm 4 f'king years? Yes ,you sure did your homework but just that the result was F minus.  :giggle:

when I say good, you don't listen blindly, do your own homework as well.
I deleted other statement because it's pretty annoying and I found out that this was the most genuine advise you ever typed from your keyboard.  :nod: :thumbsup:

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 01:52:03 AM »
One thing for sure, I don't lose money. 4 years wait is nothing with what we are about to see coming from GSB. I will be very proud to be part of this business, rather than chasing shares all over like mad man and yet still lose money.

What is happening? The last time when GSB share price soared a bit was years ago and never reached RM0.16 till today! When it didn't went up according to your expectation during the release of their financial result which was negative, you blamed it as an accounting fraud. That my friend is facts!  8)
True! Stalk their wives, relatives, cousins etc etc etc......  :o
Yes, everyone can make mistakes just like you when you heavily influencing people to invest their monies into a losing coma stock that can't even gives good dividends for about emmm 4 f'king years? Yes ,you sure did your homework but just that the result was F minus.  :giggle:
I deleted other statement because it's pretty annoying and I found out that this was the most genuine advise you ever typed from your keyboard.  :nod: :thumbsup:

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »
One thing for sure, I don't lose money. 4 years wait is nothing with what we are about to see coming from GSB. I will be very proud to be part of this business, rather than chasing shares all over like mad man and yet still lose money.

That is your business. How about others? I am pretty sure they are playing other stocks in this 4 years period rather than putting all eggs in a single basket.  :nod:

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 02:28:21 AM »
That is your business. How about others? I am pretty sure they are playing other stocks in this 4 years period rather than putting all eggs in a single basket.  :nod:

I do not ask people to put all their eggs in one basket, I already said... need to have some spare money to play other counters, GSB is for investment.. not a short term goreng counter. During the 4 years holding, there are few spikes for people to exit, it does not stay stagnant for the whole 4 years period. As for me, I keep because all these spikes are meaningless to me. I don't want to sell to take profit later end up missing the boat.

I doubt anyone actually lose money by following me. If really follow my advice, someone would have bought GSB during one of its coma period, that is my style and I never recommend anyone to chase if a share is going up ( not only GSB, all my other counters... only buy during coma ). During coma period ( time I recomend to buy ) GSB was never at its highest 15sen, if you chase and bought at highest, that is your own fault.

GSB coma at 5sen, then a spike
coma again at around 8sen, then spike
now coma at 10sen,

So, who will lose money by listening to me by entering at 5sen, 8sen and 10sen ?

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 03:20:16 AM »
I do not ask people to put all their eggs in one basket, I already said... need to have some spare money to play other counters, GSB is for investment.. not a short term goreng counter. During the 4 years holding, there are few spikes for people to exit, it does not stay stagnant for the whole 4 years period. As for me, I keep because all these spikes are meaningless to me. I don't want to sell to take profit later end up missing the boat.
I understand your stand BUT if I were you, I rather see GSB move a few cents and then consider jumping into the stock rather than you start at an early stage but it did not move much until 4 years and above.  8)

I doubt anyone actually lose money by following me. If really follow my advice, someone would have bought GSB during one of its coma period, that is my style and I never recommend anyone to chase if a share is going up ( not only GSB, all my other counters... only buy during coma ). During coma period ( time I recomend to buy ) GSB was never at its highest 15sen, if you chase and bought at highest, that is your own fault.
Losing money I don't know but time wasting, definitely!  :nod:

GSB coma at 5sen, then a spike
coma again at around 8sen, then spike
now coma at 10sen,

So, who will lose money by listening to me by entering at 5sen, 8sen and 10sen ?
You forgot about the period. It's 2015 now, John........  ;)

Offline johnmaster

• Earl
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 07:55:20 AM »
You can always cash out if you don't want to keep for 4 years, if you enter at 5 sen coma period, you can easily cashed out above 10sen with more than 100% profit when it hit above 10sen back then. If you have entered at 8sen coma period, you can also easily cash out at above 12sen to earn 50% profit. That is more than 150% profit in 4 years. Easily more than 30% yearly profit... try to achieve that with those mad chase style.

It is just that I am not cashing out on my GSB because I need to see GSB as a fully grown company first. With the new 52 acres land purchase, GSB projects easily cross RM1 billion.

I understand your stand BUT if I were you, I rather see GSB move a few cents and then consider jumping into the stock rather than you start at an early stage but it did not move much until 4 years and above.  8)

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »
I understand your stand BUT if I were you, I rather see GSB move a few cents and then consider jumping into the stock rather than you start at an early stage but it did not move much until 4 years and above.
YES THIS COULD BE AN OPTION JUMP IN WHEN START MOVING.....THE RCWPROVES FORMULA LOH...!!
BUT B4 U REALLY WANT TO INVEST....INTELLIGENTLY U MUST ASSESS THE VALUE LOH.....!!
GSB SHARE PRICE IS QUITE CLOSE TO INTRINSIC VALUE.....THEREFORE ONLY HOPE IS THERE GORENG LOH..!!
BCOS NO MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH....!!

8)

YES U HAVE THE RISK OF LOSING MONIES WHEN THERE IS NO MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH...!!

THE ABOVE IS THE VIEW OF FUNDAMENTAL INVESTOR LOH....!!

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »
It has been a very bad 52 weeks for my investing.

Every stock I have been holding is down by > 50%.

Every new stock I bought, is now below its buying price.

Every trade I made, I lost money.

What should I do?

Time to reflect and re-strategise.    :cash:

1.  ?  Penny shares
2.  ?  Small cap and mid cap stocks
3.  ?  More frequent rebalancing

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 11:00:40 AM »
THE ABOVE IS THE VIEW OF FUNDAMENTAL INVESTOR LOH....!!
Ever heard margin of coma?  :D

Offline alexc8

• Viscount
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
worst stock ever

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »
Ever heard margin of coma?  :D

Return of holding share exceeding cost of holding = margin of coma loh !!

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »
My focus on the big blue chip stocks have blinded me from the many good opportunities that exist in the small cap and mid cap stocks.

Indeed there are many opportunities in these segments.

Raider is right too. :)

Online king

• King
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
My focus on the big blue chip stocks have blinded me from the many good opportunities that exist in the small cap and mid cap stocks.

blue  chip
became
BLUE CHEAT
??    ??       ??

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
Zhulian

When its revenues and profit margins dropped 2 consecutive quarters, this should have raised the RED FLAGS. 

However, it was in a business that does not enjoy durable competitive advantage.

Just like HaiO, the revenues and earnings went up very fast for a few years, and then the sudden collapse in their businesses.

Should one even consider buying such counters in the first place?

Perhaps, no.  Why bother buying a stock which you may wish then to sell later. 

Perhaps, yes, get in for the ride for a while (just like Cinderella at the ball), but make sure you know when to run.  That might be difficult for those who usually marry their stocks for life.   :)

Offline ikan besar

• Duke
  • you see Lim Boxing
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »
blue  chip
became
BLUE CHEAT
??    ??       ??

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

but I sold my nestle , TM , Maxis ,  PETRONAS Dag , Pestech ,

Digi ,  Public bank   too early

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

if not I cheat them, now they cheat me

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
sometimes win sometimes lose
biasa lah

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:04 PM »

There are no right & wrong loh.....!!
As long as ur return is higher than your objective.....it is ok....to go on....with your investment direction loh...!!
For raider....is a mix bag....as long as there are opportunity & there is margin of safety....raider jump in loh....!!

Online king

• King
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2015, 02:00:02 PM »
Zhulian

When its revenues and profit margins dropped 2 consecutive quarters, this should have raised the RED FLAGS. 

However, it was in a business that does not enjoy durable competitive advantage.

Just like HaiO, the revenues and earnings went up very fast for a few years, and then the sudden collapse in their businesses.

Perhaps, yes, get in for the ride for a while (just like Cinderella at the ball), but make sure you know when to run.  That might be difficult for those who usually marry their stocks for life.   :)

MAKE LUV
BUT
DUN FALL IN LUV

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline adam888jeremy

• Companion of Honour
  • OSK 188
    • breakoutstock
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »
false index breakout this morning who kena trap  :)
TRADE AT UR OWN RISK "win gimmi some, lose sHh..... b quite"
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/945039865592663/)

Offline Thamby

• Baronet
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 02:28:40 PM »
JENG JENG JENG........... :D :D :D

Offline Lotus48

• Baron
  • 3rd in 2013 & 2015 Finalist-Stock King Competition
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »
some blue chips counters really badly hit eg

armada from around 3.00 to 1.20, more than 60% down
parkson from over 4.00 to 2.00

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Zhulian

Zhulian

QUARTERLY SALES               
QUARTERS   2   3   4   1   TTM
LAST YEAR   106.233   124.130   77.973   66.157   374.493
THIS YEAR   65.647   57.171   54.711   55.219   232.748
% CHANGE   -38.2%   -53.9%   -29.8%   -16.5%   -37.8%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
QUARTERS   2   3   4   1   TTM
LAST YEAR   8.25   8.61   2.99   3.74   23.59
THIS YEAR   1.80   2.26   2.46   2.73   9.24
% CHANGE   -78.2%   -73.8%   -17.7%   -26.9%   -60.8%

Sales and earnings continue to drop the last 4 quarters.
TTM Sales dropped 37.8% y-o-y
TTM EPS dropped 60.8% y-o-y

:( :phew: :sweat:

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
some blue chips counters really badly hit eg

armada from around 3.00 to 1.20, more than 60% down
parkson from over 4.00 to 2.00

Bumi Armada

QUARTERLY SALES               
QUARTERS   1   2   3   4   TTM
LAST YEAR   488.755   481.230   546.305   556.714   2,073.004
THIS YEAR   468.917   590.081   636.509   701.832   2,397.339
% CHANGE   -4.1%   22.6%   16.5%   26.1%   15.6%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   2.32   2.37   2.57   1.87   9.13
THIS YEAR   1.37   2.08   2.29   -1.11   4.63
% CHANGE   -40.9%   -12.1%   -10.8%   -159.5%   -49.3%

Due to falling oil prices, Bumi Armada's profit margins have contracted markedly.

Parkson

QUARTERLY SALES               
QUARTERS   3   4   1   2   TTM
LAST YEAR   932.848   801.484   831.322   948.098   3,513.752
THIS YEAR   957.951   813.526   848.618   981.675   3,601.770
% CHANGE   2.7%   1.5%   2.1%   3.5%   2.5%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   7.12   2.79   2.85   2.37   15.13
THIS YEAR   5.10   2.49   1.87   10.24   19.70
% CHANGE   -28.4%   -10.7%   -34.2%   332.3%   30.2%

Is Parkson undervalued?

Online king

• King
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »

Bumi Armada

QUARTERLY SALES               
LAST YEAR   488.755   481.230   546.305   556.714   2,073.004
THIS YEAR   468.917   590.081   636.509   701.832   2,397.339
% CHANGE   -4.1%   22.6%   16.5%   26.1%   15.6%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   2.32   2.37   2.57   1.87   9.13
THIS YEAR   1.37   2.08   2.29   -1.11   4.63
% CHANGE   -40.9%   -12.1%   -10.8%   -159.5%   -49.3%

Due to falling oil prices, Bumi Armada's profit margins have contracted markedly.

Parkson

QUARTERLY SALES               
LAST YEAR   932.848   801.484   831.322   948.098   3,513.752
THIS YEAR   957.951   813.526   848.618   981.675   3,601.770
% CHANGE   2.7%   1.5%   2.1%   3.5%   2.5%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   7.12   2.79   2.85   2.37   15.13
THIS YEAR   5.10   2.49   1.87   10.24   19.70
% CHANGE   -28.4%   -10.7%   -34.2%   332.3%   30.2%

Is Parkson undervalued?

FUNDAMENTALS HAS DETERIORATED ?

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »
Pls add in FGV.  :nod:

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
Pls add in FGV.  :nod:

FGV

QUARTERLY SALES               
LAST YEAR   2,682.208   2,991.326   3,220.378   3,674.096   12,568.008
THIS YEAR   3,726.122   4,083.487   4,324.895   4,299.827   16,434.331
% CHANGE   38.9%   36.5%   34.3%   17.0%   30.8%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   4.40   10.37   0.74   16.03   31.54
THIS YEAR   4.62   4.88   -0.30   0.65   9.85
% CHANGE   5.1%   -52.9%   -140.8%   -95.9%   -68.8%

:'(

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

FGV

QUARTERLY SALES               
LAST YEAR   2,682.208   2,991.326   3,220.378   3,674.096   12,568.008
THIS YEAR   3,726.122   4,083.487   4,324.895   4,299.827   16,434.331
% CHANGE   38.9%   36.5%   34.3%   17.0%   30.8%

QUARTERLY EARNINGS (EPS)               
LAST YEAR   4.40   10.37   0.74   16.03   31.54
THIS YEAR   4.62   4.88   -0.30   0.65   9.85
% CHANGE   5.1%   -52.9%   -140.8%   -95.9%   -68.8%

:'(

Date         3.4.2015               
Company         FGV (Felda)               
Code         5222.kl      Market Equity         6873.83
Outstanding shares (m)         3648.10      Market capitalization(m)         7661
Price         2.1      PE         21.32

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »

Date         3.4.2015               
Company         FGV (Felda)               
Code         5222.kl      Market Equity         6873.83
Outstanding shares (m)         3648.10      Market capitalization(m)         7661
Price         2.1      PE         21.32

Veri geli loh! One flood, all those of hard worked gone in a blink of an eye!  :'(
ed

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
Veri geli loh! One flood, all those of hard worked gone in a blink of an eye!  :'(
ed

Very short termism thinking loh.....!!
Ask yourself....every year flood meh ?
Also every year drought meh ?

The strategy by a company undervalue with margin of safety....hang on with it for upto 3 yrs mah....!!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2015, 05:12:36 PM »
Very short termism thinking loh.....!!
Ask yourself....every year flood meh ?
Also every year drought meh ?
Very over optimistic thinking loh.....!!
Ask yourself....Growing an oil palm tree similar with growing a taugeh plant meh ?
Also every year no need fork out money meh ?

The strategy by a company undervalue with margin of safety....hang on with it for upto 3 yrs mah....!!
Like I've said earlier mah, wake me up when it's roughly 1,093.5 days.....  :nod:

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »
Very over optimistic thinking loh.....!!
Ask yourself....Growing an oil palm tree similar with growing a taugeh plant meh ?
Also every year no need fork out money meh ?
Like I've said earlier mah, wake me up when it's roughly 1,093.5 days.....  :nod:

Ya...mah....a minor exceptional weather event....cakap macam the company nak collapse loh....!!

Must be steady...Felda had been around for more than 40 yrs...one bad flood...just a minor issue....!!

It will get over loh.....!!
In fact Felda had face many many floods & drought in the pass....all can handle mah.....!!

And in future u going to face drought & flood....this is the normal business model mah.....but no worry mah....bcos u can get over it loh.....!!

It is like u go n work everday....sure one day take medical leave mah....!!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 05:53:51 PM »
Ya...mah....a minor exceptional weather event....cakap macam the company nak collapse loh....!!

Must be steady...Felda had been around for more than 40 yrs...one bad flood...just a minor issue....!!

It will get over loh.....!!
In fact Felda had face many many floods & drought in the pass....all can handle mah.....!!

And in future u going to face drought & flood....this is the normal business model mah.....but no worry mah....bcos u can get over it loh.....!!

It is like u go n work everday....sure one day take medical leave mah....!!
stockraider, you are not orang kampong like ahbah so stop thinking like one! In a very short word, dun invest now until there's a sign of improvement in the said business. Dun get stucked like GSB. Invest at the correct timing. When did I said FGV will bankcrupt?  :shake:

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 06:06:11 PM »
stockraider, you are not orang kampong like ahbah so stop thinking like one! In a very short word, dun invest now until there's a sign of improvement in the said business. Dun get stucked like GSB. Invest at the correct timing. When did I said FGV will bankcrupt?  :shake:

This is the wrong concept loh....!!
Should invest....n jump in ....more....when there are sign of further improvement...!!

The weaknesses of trader....is they often miss the boat loh.....!!
They sell....after that failed to get back in loh....!!

Make sure got margin of safety ....slowly accumulate.....buy more it is very cheap or jump in more when there are sign of improvement loh....!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »
This is the wrong concept loh....!!
Should invest....n jump in ....more....when there are sign of further improvement...!!

The weaknesses of trader....is they often miss the boat loh.....!!
They sell....after that failed to get back in loh....!!

Make sure got margin of safety ....slowly accumulate.....buy more it is very cheap or jump in more when there are sign of improvement loh....!
Sign of improvement in their business or share price?  :speechless:

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
Sign of improvement in their business or share price?  :speechless:

Either or both....!!
But preferably both loh...!!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »
Either or both....!!
But preferably both loh...!!

Wednesday, 15 Apr 2015

5:08PM  FGV     KUMPULAN WANG PERSARAAN (DIPERBADANKAN) (511,100 units Disposed) 

Monday, 13 Apr 2015

5:18PM  FGV     LEMBAGA TABUNG HAJI (400,000 units Acquired) 

5:15PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (600,000 units Disposed) 

Friday, 10 Apr 2015

5:09PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (500,000 units Disposed) 

5:09PM  FGV     KUMPULAN WANG PERSARAAN (DIPERBADANKAN) (733,500 units Disposed) 

Thursday, 9 Apr 2015

5:19PM  FGV     KUMPULAN WANG PERSARAAN (DIPERBADANKAN) (2,294,900 units Disposed) 

5:19PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (300,000 units Disposed) 

Wednesday, 8 Apr 2015

5:31PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (500,000 units Disposed) 

Tuesday, 7 Apr 2015

6:04PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (300,000 units Disposed) 

6:04PM  FGV     LEMBAGA TABUNG HAJI (500,000 units Acquired) 

Monday, 6 Apr 2015

5:32PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (400,000 units Disposed) 

Friday, 3 Apr 2015

5:20PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (950,000 units Disposed) 

Thursday, 2 Apr 2015

5:24PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (466,500 units Disposed) 

5:24PM  FGV     KUMPULAN WANG PERSARAAN (DIPERBADANKAN) (2,698,100 units Disposed) 

Wednesday, 1 Apr 2015

5:49PM  FGV     EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (500,000 units Disposed) 
You mean this is called sign of improvement?  :'(

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »

You mean this is called sign of improvement?  :'(

Raider say u slowly accumulate when cheap....!!
Jump in ....for more when there is sign of improvement mah...!!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
Raider say u slowly accumulate when cheap....!!
Jump in ....for more when there is sign of improvement mah...!!
Why need to slowly accumulate when cheap leh? Why need to jump in for more when there's sign of improvement? Are you bigger than those local big funds?  :D

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »
Why need to slowly accumulate when cheap leh? Why need to jump in for more when there's sign of improvement? Are you bigger than those local big funds?  :D

Re: *>BUMI ARMADA BHD<*

ę Reply #51 on: Today at 11:33:40 AM Ľ
Reply with quoteQuote 

Quote from: Eric yk on Today at 10:48:38 AM

now increase a bit!! but i bought 1.22 ####!!!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

why u didn't buy at rm1.05

so sad

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

RAIDER COMMENT LOH....!!
IF U THINK THE STOCK IS CHEAP ENOUGH WITH GOOD MARGIN OF SAFETY....SHOULD START ACCUMULATING LOH.......!!

BUY MORE....WHEN SIGN OF IMPROVEMENT LOH.....!!

Online Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »

Re: *>BUMI ARMADA BHD<*

ę Reply #51 on: Today at 11:33:40 AM Ľ
Reply with quoteQuote 

Quote from: Eric yk on Today at 10:48:38 AM

now increase a bit!! but i bought 1.22 ####!!!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

why u didn't buy at rm1.05

so sad

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

RAIDER COMMENT LOH....!!
IF U THINK THE STOCK IS CHEAP ENOUGH WITH GOOD MARGIN OF SAFETY....SHOULD START ACCUMULATING LOH.......!!

BUY MORE....WHEN SIGN OF IMPROVEMENT LOH.....!!

Eric yk may have bought at slightly high price compared to yesterday BUT if he keeps ARMADA over a long haul (since the contract has been confirmed) he would look back and say RM1.22 is super dirt cheap. Of course unless he's a short term trader, I've got no further comment!  8)

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
Eric yk may have bought at slightly high price compared to yesterday BUT if he keeps ARMADA over a long haul (since the contract has been confirmed) he would look back and say RM1.22 is super dirt cheap. Of course unless he's a short term trader, I've got no further comment!  8)

There is 2 element here loh.....!!

1) At a higher price
2) Whether he have taking enough exposure loh....!!

For trader.....it is ok...u monitor & jump in loh.....!!

For investor...u should accumulate when price is low and when there is margin of safety....buy more when there is sign of business improve or price moving up as the market rerate the counters loh....!!

It is actually a weaknesses.....if investor don....start accumulating when there is an attractive margin of safety on the counter he focus on mah....!!

Offline stockraider

• Marquess
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:41 PM »
There is 2 element here loh.....!!

1) At a higher price
2) Whether he have taking enough exposure loh....!!

For trader.....it is ok...u monitor & jump in loh.....!!

For investor...u should accumulate when price is low and when there is margin of safety....buy more when there is sign of business improve or price moving up as the market rerate the counters loh....!!

It is actually a weaknesses.....if investor don....start accumulating when there is an attractive margin of safety on the counter he focus on mah....!!

Risk in NCAV stocks

Author: yeongsheng   |   Publish date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 06:32 PM

Risk, as defined in dictionary, refers to a chance of loss. The definition is also propagated by Warren Buffett.
"Volatility (i.e. standard deviation) is not risk. Those who have written about risk don't know how to measure risk. Past volatility does not measure risk. When farm prices crashed, [farm price] volatility went up, but a farm priced at $600 per acre that was formerly $2,000 per acre isn't riskier because it's more volatile."

Warren Buffett in Berkshire Hathaway's 2007 annual meeting

That quote provides an example for the difference between volatility and risk. In equity investment, it is possible to minimize risk and gain from volatility through the discipline set in the Net Current Asset Value (NCAV) approach.

According to Benjamin Graham, stocks are acquired when it trades below 2/3 of its NCAV. This method enables one to invest in the cheapest stocks of bargains: less risk; high potential. 

Offline sj7953

• Knight
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 08:26:13 PM »
Oh no....my Dlady move sideway for so long....EPs dropped a lot.... :phew:

I still hold....   :)
Can this financial yr EPS = RM 3  :D  :P
My Portfolio:

Dlady 35.20, 43.16
 Aeoncr 10.68, 14.88
 Harta 4.61,
 Favco 1.65,