Author Topic: I EAT GKENT  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
Re: I EAT GKENT
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
19th June - RM1.18
23rd July - RM1.49

8)
19th June - RM1.18
23rd July - RM1.49

That was in 2015. Fast forward to 2017 RM4.15:clap:

Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »
The Piotroski F-Score of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 7.  The Piotroski F-Score is a scoring system between 1-9 that determines a firm’s financial strength.  The score helps determine if a company’s stock is valuable or not.  A score of nine indicates a high value stock, while a score of one indicates a low value stock.  The score is calculated by the return on assets (ROA), Cash flow return on assets (CFROA), change in return of assets, and quality of earnings.  It is also calculated by a change in gearing or leverage, liquidity, and change in shares in issue.  The score is also determined by change in gross margin and change in asset turnover.Turning to Free Cash Flow Growth (FCF Growth), this is the free cash flow of the current year minus the free cash flow from the previous year, divided by last year’s free cash flow.  The FCF Growth of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 0.192985.  Free cash flow (FCF) is the cash produced by the company minus capital expenditure.  This cash is what a company uses to meet its financial obligations, such as making payments on debt or to pay out dividends.  The Free Cash Flow Score (FCF Score) is a helpful tool in calculating the free cash flow growth with free cash flow stability – this gives investors the overall quality of the free cash flow. 

Stock volatility is a percentage that indicates whether a stock is a desirable purchase.  Investors look at the Volatility 12m to determine if a company has a low volatility percentage or not over the course of a year.  The Volatility 12m of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 35.630800.  This is calculated by taking weekly log normal returns and standard deviation of the share price over one year annualized. 

The lower the number, a company is thought to have low volatility.  The Volatility 3m is a similar percentage determined by the daily log normal returns and standard deviation of the share price over 3 months.  The Volatility 3m of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 37.688000.  The Volatility 6m is the same, except measured over the course of six months.  The Volatility 6m is 36.461100.

MF Rank

The MF Rank (aka the Magic Formula) is a formula that pinpoints a valuable company trading at a good price. The formula is calculated by looking at companies that have a high earnings yield as well as a high return on invested capital. The MF Rank of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 1696. A company with a low rank is considered a good company to invest in. The Magic Formula was introduced in a book written by Joel Greenblatt, entitled, “The Little Book that Beats the Market”.

The Q.i. Value of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 23.00000.  The Q.i. Value is a helpful tool in determining if a company is undervalued or not.  The Q.i. Value is calculated using the following ratios: EBITDA Yield, Earnings Yield, FCF Yield, and Liquidity.  The lower the Q.i. value, the more undervalued the company is thought to be.

Value Composite
The Value Composite One (VC1) is a method that investors use to determine a company’s value.  The VC1 of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 48.  A company with a value of 0 is thought to be an undervalued company, while a company with a value of 100 is considered an overvalued company.  The VC1 is calculated using the price to book value, price to sales, EBITDA to EV, price to cash flow, and price to earnings.  Similarly, the Value Composite Two (VC2) is calculated with the same ratios, but adds the Shareholder Yield.  The Value Composite Two of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 41.

ERP5 Rank

The ERP5 Rank is an investment tool that analysts use to discover undervalued companies. The ERP5 looks at the Price to Book ratio, Earnings Yield, ROIC and 5 year average ROIC. The ERP5 of George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad (KLSE:GKENT) is 3838. The lower the ERP5 rank, the more undervalued a company is thought to be.
Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »

After looking this photo, further uptrend!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 04:43:43 PM »

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
Great, around RM1.16 price level. Our investment has grow rapidly!  :P :handshake: :cash:
Thursday, 22 Jun 2017

12:31PM  GKENT     1Q net profit 18.496 million (increased 23.25%)

IDOP LOS MA! :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
George Kent sees good year ahead

PETALING JAYA: Engineering and metering company George Kent (M) Bhd is positive on its outlook and confident of recording another good year ahead with ample cashflow and a strong balance sheet.

“It is looking good so far. We recorded double-digit growth for the first quarter. It is progressing smoothly for the rest of the year. We expect this year to be a good year as well,” the company’s chairman Tan Sri Tan Kay Hock said at a press conference after its AGM.

“We need to wait until the second half of the year to get a clearer picture on whether we can achieve double-digit growth for the entire year,” he said.

The company delivered a strong set of financial results for the first quarter ended April 30 with earnings up 23.3% to RM18.49mil, while its order book has grown to RM6.1bil.

Its earnings rose from RM15mil a year ago. Earnings per share was at 4.9 sen compared with four sen a year ago. The company’s revenue, meanwhile, increased by 5.2% to RM129.42mil from RM122.96mil a year ago.

Its financial results were driven by the engineering and water metering business segments due to higher demand from both the local and export markets.

George Kent also said that in the first quarter, it had secured a major contract for the supply and delivery of water meters.

“Together with contracts secured by the engineering division in the last financial year, the order book has grown to RM6.1bil,” it said.

Tan said that the water meter division particularly “is doing great” based on the first quarter’s performance.

“In fact, the demand is so great that we are hard-pressed to deliver all our orders as we export to many countries,” he said.

Tan also said in the press release that the strong results in the first quarter set the foundation for the company to achieve another record year moving forward.

“We will continue to grow our already strong order book and deliver the projects in hand towards meeting our customers’ expectations and continue to improve shareholders’ value. The board is optimistic of financial year 2018, as our strong order book provides sustainable earnings visibility going forward,” he said.

Tan said the current order book could last the company for “many years” of up to seven years.

“We are very happy that even the Hong Kong government has chosen to source their water meters from us in Malaysia. Bear in mind that there are many alternatives available in neighbouring mainland China but they decided to buy from us,” Tan said.

He said capital expenditure this year would run into several million and it is an ongoing exercise.

The company, which presently derives some 80% of its revenue from the construction division, plans to switch its listing status to the construction sector from the trading and services sector on Bursa Malaysia. The sale of water meters contributes to the remainder of the revenue.

*Hidup Los Ma:clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
HLIB Research raises target price for George Kent to RM5.60

KUALA LUMPUR (June 23): Hong Leong IB Research has maintained its “Buy” rating on George Kent (M) Bhd with a higher target price of RM5.60 (from RM4.73) and said the company’s     1QFY18 core earnings of RM21 million (-42% q-o-q, +36% y-o-y) were above expectations.

In a note today, the research house said George Kent’s engineering profit before tax (PBT) was flat y-o-y (+3%) but down d-o-q (-55%) due to high base in 4QFY17 (traditionally strongest quarter).

“Tenders for LRT3 ongoing with awards in 3Q17; project value may increase from RM9 billion to RM12 billion.

“Metering PBT soared 160% YoY due to margin expansion from more domestic deliveries. Earnings forecast raised by 8% and 7% for FY18-19.

“Maintain Buy, target price raised from RM4.73 to RM5.60, remains our top construction pick,” it said.
Now only RM4.08. Long way to go. No harm!  :clap: :thumbsup: :handshake: :cash:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
19th June - RM1.18
23rd July - RM1.49

That was in 2015. Fast forward to 2017 RM4.15:clap:

Offline benhur

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 01:37:23 PM »
Bot 10k @ 398

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Bot 10k @ 398
Your future is bright. Don't forget SP Setia too!  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Offline benhur

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 02:21:50 PM »
Your future is bright. Don't forget SP Setia too!  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:
SP ?
Not now, cash call!!!

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
Bot 10k @ 398
Now RM4.21 up RM0.27! :thumbsup: :clap: :handshake: :cash:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »
Now only RM4.08. Long way to go. No harm!  :clap: :thumbsup: :handshake: :cash:
HLIB Research raises target price for George Kent to RM5.60

KUALA LUMPUR (June 23): Hong Leong IB Research has maintained its “Buy” rating on George Kent (M) Bhd with a higher target price of RM5.60 (from RM4.73) and said the company’s     1QFY18 core earnings of RM21 million (-42% q-o-q, +36% y-o-y) were above expectations.

In a note today, the research house said George Kent’s engineering profit before tax (PBT) was flat y-o-y (+3%) but down d-o-q (-55%) due to high base in 4QFY17 (traditionally strongest quarter).

“Tenders for LRT3 ongoing with awards in 3Q17; project value may increase from RM9 billion to RM12 billion.

“Metering PBT soared 160% YoY due to margin expansion from more domestic deliveries. Earnings forecast raised by 8% and 7% for FY18-19.

“Maintain Buy, target price raised from RM4.73 to RM5.60, remains our top construction pick,” it said.

:thumbsup: :handshake: :cash:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
GKENT - Notice of Book Closure 

Share split involving the subdivision of every 2 existing ordinary shares in George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad ("GKM") ("GKM Shares") into 3 ordinary shares inGKM ("Split Share(s)"). Kindly be advised of the following : 

1)  The above Company's securities will be traded and quoted "Ex - Offer? as from: 8 Aug 20172)  The last date of lodgment : 10 Aug 2017

Remarks 1: "Bursa Malaysia Securities Bhd would like to clarify that on the basis of settlement taking place after 10 August 2017 with share split GKENT shares. Any shareholder who is entitled to receive GKENT share split shares, may sell any or all of his GKENT shares arising from the share split beginning the Ex-Date (8 August 2017). 

For example, if Mr X purchases 100 GKENT shares on cum basis on 7 August 2017, Mr X should receive 100 shares on 10 August 2017. As a result of the share split, 150 GKENT shares will be credited into Mr X's CDS account on the night of 10 August 2017 being the Book Closing Date.

Therefore, Mr X can sell the share split shares of 150 on or after the Ex-Date ie from 8 August 2017 onwards." 

Remarks 2: The date of the listing of and quotation for the Split Shares shall be on 11 August 2017, being the next market date immediately after the entitlement date.

The notices of allotment will be issued and despatched to all the entitled shareholders of GKM within 4 market days after the date of the listing of and quotation for the Split Shares on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. Entitled shareholders are not required to take any action.

8)

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »
Roast Ma stock coming to RM5.00:clap:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 11:31:44 AM »
George Kent shares take another leg higher

KUALA LUMPUR: Maybank Investment Bank Research advises investors to accumulate George Kent shares on a technical basis.

The research house said George Kent had rebounded from RM3.07 low lifted the candles above its 10-day and 21-day EMA lines.

“We believe a new up leg has been established, with resistance seen at RM3.42 and RM3.57,” it said.

It added that the accumulation level was between RM3.24 and RM3.28 while the stop loss level was below RM3.07.

George Kent added 0.92%, or three sen to RM3.29 in early trade Wednesday. The counter has edged about 73% higher, year to date.[/quote]
Kudos to buyers especially thru PM...... :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 09:10:10 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Shares of Government service provider MyEG Services and George Kent continued to come under heavy selling pressure on Thursday after Bursa Malaysia Securities removed the lower price limit for both counters.

At 3.30pm, MyEG tumbled 37.5 sen to 89.5 sen with 365.24 million shares done. It hit limit down when it fell to a low of 89 sen. It is connected with the previous ruling party.

George Kent was down 46 sen to RM1.48 with 86.92 million shares done. It fell to a low of RM1.47.

The FBM KLCI rose 4.8 points or 0.26% to 1,863.06. Turnover was 2.30 billion shares valued at RM2.34bil. There were 400 gainers, 529 losers and 336 counters unchanged.

Both counters werew among several which had fallen sharply since Monday.

StarBiz reported MyEG group managing director Wong Thean Soon said the company has spent close to RM150mil on its Goods and Services Tax (GST) programme, where it has acquired close to 20,000 dongles, and there are grounds to seek compensation should the programme be cancelled.

Wong owns some 30.26% of MyEG via his vehicle Asia Internet Holdings Sdn Bhd, and 7.76% under his name

George Kent and MRCB are the project delivery partner for the Light Rail Transit from Bandar Utama to Klang.

:thumbsdown:

Online ahbah

• Duke
  • You got like my 2 best friends ?
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
Gkent ... a bee ant counter.

Bee ant gov oredi gone. Game over for bee ant gov.

Please accept the new PH gov, oredi recognized by the rakyat.

Which go U want -- bee ant counters or PH counters ?  :nod: :shake: :D

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2018, 12:15:47 AM »
DR KIM under heavy pressure. NEXGRAM TUN RAZAK X land talks kaputing? :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Heard DR KIM now becomes lalang aka katak!  :giggle: :rofl:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »
The construction outfit is the project delivery partner for the Light Rail Transit project from Bandar Utama to Klang.

Early this year, GKent collaborated with four foreign companies to form a consortium to bid for the High Speed Rail project.

Another consortium which it is involved in, made of Gamuda-MMC-George Kent, is also seen as a strong contender to secure the Mass Rapid Transit 3’s Circle Line turnkey contract.

In an apparent knee-jerk reaction, investors sold-down GKent shares considering its heavy exposure to the domestic construction segment.

For context, in the financial year of 2018 ended January 31, GKent’s construction and infrastructure businesses constituted about 75% of its top line.

Moving forward, if the projects which involve GKent are continued without much revision, the company is likely to operate on a business-as-usual basis.

Currently, the stock trades at a price earnings ratio of 8.02 times.

:heartbreak: :heartbreak: :heartbreak: :heartbreak: :heartbreak: :heartbreak: :heartbreak: :S :'(

From RM4++ drop till RM1.41 after ex PM scandal. Roast Ma kaputing, Bijan gone case, GKENT stuffs experiencing panic attacks....... :sweat:

Offline Oly Shyte

• Duke
  • I EAT ????????
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :thumbsdown: