Watford
0 (0%)
West Bromwich Albion
0 (0%)
West Ham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 03, 2015, 12:43:34 PM

Author Topic: Barclays Premier League 2015/16  (Read 24746 times)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Barclays Premier League 2015/16
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
 :)
Namotasapakawatoarahatosamasamputasa

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Re: Barclays Premier League 2015/16
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
Manchester United

In
Memphis Depay (PSV Eindhoven) Undisclosed Full story

Out
Tom Cleverley (Everton) Free Full story
Ben Amos (Bolton Wanderers) Released
Tom Thorpe Released
Saidy Janko (Celtic) Undisclosed

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »
Liverpool

In
James Milner (Manchester City) Free (from 1 July; subject to medical)
Danny Ings (Burnley) Tribunal (from 1 July; subject to medical)
Adam Bogdan (Bolton Wanderers) Free
Joe Gomez (Charlton Athletic) Undisclosed
Roberto Firmino (Hoffenheim) Undisclosed (subject to medical)
Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton) Undisclosed

Out
Steven Gerrard (Los Angeles Galaxy) Free
Glen Johnson Released
Brad Jones Released
Sebastian Coates (Liverpool) Undisclosed

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:50:40 PM »
Arsenal (For LG  :D)

In
Petr Cech (Chelsea) Undisclosed

Out
Ryo Miyaichi (St Pauli) Undisclosed
Semi Ajayi (Cardiff City) Undisclosed
Abou Diaby Released
Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Ipswich Town) Loan

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 10:14:17 AM »
Sylvain Distin (Everton to Bournemouth)

Sylvain Distin has signed a one-year contract to become AFC Bournemouth’s sixth summer arrival.
Distin joins the Cherries on a free transfer following the expiry of his deal at Everton, where he spent six seasons and made more than 200 appearances.

The 37-year-old has played in the top flight for more than a decade after spells with Manchester City, Portsmouth and Newcastle United, as well as the Toffees.
An FA Cup winner with Pompey in 2008, the six-foot-four defender has also played in the Europa League.

Having spent time on loan at Newcastle in the previous season, he signed for Manchester City on a permanent basis in the summer of 2003 and was named the club’s player of the year at the end of his debut campaign.

He was then signed by former Cherries manager Harry Redknapp and played a key part in the most successful chapter in Portsmouth history, winning his first major honour in English football as he collected an FA Cup winner’s medal in 2008.

Distin moved to Merseyside after two seasons at Fratton Park and set a new record for the most appearances made by a foreign outfield player in the Premier League, with his current total standing at 457.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
Yohan Cabaye (Paris Saint Germain to Crystal Palace)

Crystal Palace Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of French international midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Paris Saint Germain for a club record fee, subject to international clearance.

The 29-year-old has signed a three year deal at Selhurst Park for an undisclosed fee and will be linking up once again with manager Alan Pardew, after the pair enjoyed a successful stint together at Newcastle United from 2011 to 2014.

On joining the club Cabaye told cpfc.co.uk: “I’m happy to be here. I’ve been waiting for the decision, had the medical and now I can’t wait to focus on my new team, a new season and my new life.

“I wanted to come and play for Palace because there are some really strong players here. They finished very well last season and I think they can compete to get into the top eight. 

"I also know the gaffer and have worked with him before and I’m confident with him. I want to do my best for him because he’s made a big effort to get me to come here, as well as the Chairman, so I have to say a big thank you to both of them.”

Today, the club also announced a partnership with the Mansion Group as its new Official Main Sponsor. The confirmation of the global online gaming business as sponsor will see both partners working closely together across a broad spectrum of club and fan activities in 2015/16.

Cabaye made his name at Lille in his homeland where he helped his local side become a force in French football, winning Ligue 1 in 2010/11. After gaining Champions League experience, the central midfielder joined the Magpies and began to show his talent to an English audience.

In his first season with the Black and Whites he helped guide them to an impressive fifth-place finish, and became a firm fan favourite thanks to his tenacious displays in midfield and penchant for netting free-kicks.

He scored 18 times in 93 appearances under Pardew's management before joining PSG for around £20 million in January 2014. Last season saw him complete a French league and couple double with the Parisians before deciding to return to England with the South London and Proud Eagles.

Cabaye also brings a wealth of international experience to SE25, having won 34 caps for his country, and as a member of the Euro 2012 and 2014 World Cup squads.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
Gerard Deulofeu (Barcelona to Everton)

Everton Football Club is delighted to announce the permanent signing of Gerard Deulofeu.

The exciting winger, who enjoyed a season on loan at Goodison Park in 2013/14, returns to Merseyside after the Blues agreed a fee of €6million with European champions Barcelona.

The 21-year-old will officially become an Everton player on 1 July.

Deulofeu has put pen-to-paper on a three-year contract until the summer of 2018, with Everton having the option of a further year on the Spaniard’s deal. The contract includes a release clause if Barcelona make an offer to Everton meeting certain requirements within the first two years, and Barcelona also have a right of first refusal if Everton decide to sell the player.

“Gerard needs no introduction to anyone here at Everton, for we are all well aware of his incredible footballing talent,” said Everton manager Roberto Martinez.

“We got to know him really well from his loan period, not only as such a talented player but also his great character. He will be a fantastic asset to our Club.”

Spaniard Deulofeu made 29 appearances during his first stint with Everton. He scored on his Toffees debut in the Capital One Cup against Stevenage and went on to net three times in the Premier League, including a memorable equaliser against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in December 2013.

Deulofeu spent the 2014/15 season on loan at Sevilla, where he played 28 times and helped the La Liga outfit win the Europa League.

A product of La Masia, Barcelona's famed youth system, Deulofeu rose through the ranks at the Nou Camp and played regularly for the Catalan giants’ ‘B’ team before progressing to make a handful of substitute appearances for Barca's senior side in the league, cup and Champions League.

He becomes Everton’s second signing of the summer following the recruitment of midfielder Tom Cleverley, who will also join at the start of next month when his contract with Manchester United expires.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »
Robert Huth (Stoke City to Leicester City)

Huth joins the Club on a three-year deal and becomes City’s second signing of the summer following the addition of Austrian defender Christian Fuchs earlier this month.

The 30-year-old German’s move to King Power Stadium comes on the back of a string of stellar performances for the Foxes during a 14-game loan spell last season – displays which quickly endeared him to the City supporters.

Alongside Wes Morgan and Marcin Wasilewski, the 6ft 3ins German defender played a key role in helping guide the team to survival, and his presence for the 2015/16 campaign will certainly be welcome.

With power, pedigree and presence in defence, Huth and his defensive colleagues helped the team to an impressive five clean sheets from City’s final seven Premier League fixtures, and in the process underlined his undoubted quality.

As well as being a formidable opponent in his own box, Huth also carries a threat in attack, as he proved with his first goal for the Foxes against West Brom. His powerful header on 80 minutes at the Hawthorns levelled the score at 2-2 and set the stage for Jamie Vardy’s unforgettable winner.

In a career that began at Chelsea in 2002, Huth’s considerable talents have seen him secure two Premier League titles during Jose Mourinho's first spell at Stamford Bridge, as well as representing his country on 19 occasions, including during the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Huth made his Chelsea bow at the age of 17 under Claudio Ranieri, and despite initially finding his playing time limited as he battled it out with the likes of John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho for a place in the starting XI, he did enough to earn a move to Middlesbrough for a reported fee of £6 million in 2006.

During Huth’s first two seasons at the Riverside Stadium, injuries restricted his playing time, but he bounced back with some typically commanding and impressive performances in 2008/09.

Huth earned a number of Premier League admirers and his services were secured in August 2009 by Stoke, where he went on to establish himself as an important part of the team as well as being popular on the terraces.

Huth’s partnership with Stoke skipper Ryan Shawcross at the heart of the Potters’ defence has proved to be a solid foundation for success at the Britannia Stadium in recent seasons – becoming one of the most feared defensive pairings in the league.

In total Huth has almost 250 career appearances in the Premier League to his name, and now with the Foxes, he will look to re-establish himself as one of the most formidable defenders in the division.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
James Milner (Manchester City to Liverpool)

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce they have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City's James Milner, subject to a medical.

The Reds have agreed personal terms with the England international, who will join the club on a free transfer on July 1 after his contract at the Etihad Stadium has expired.

Milner will arrive at Anfield having lifted two Barclays Premier League titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup during his five-year spell with City.

The 29-year-old is also firmly established as a regular for England and has notched 53 caps to date.

Having also represented Leeds United, Newcastle United and Aston Villa, Milner has lined up against Liverpool 24 times in total during the course of his career.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »
Danny Ings (Burnley to Liverpool)

Liverpool FC are delighted to announce that they have agreed personal terms with Danny Ings and, subject to a medical, the striker will join the club on July 1 after his contract with Burnley has expired.

The 22-year-old struck 11 goals in 35 Barclays Premier League appearances last season, which was his first in the top flight.

Ings had found the target 21 times in the previous campaign to help the Clarets secure promotion from the Championship.

The forward has nine caps for England U21s, with four goals to date too, and will represent his country at the U21 European Championship later this month.

Ings faced the Reds twice in 2014-15, featuring for 90 minutes at Anfield in March.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 10:49:17 AM »
Adam Bogdan (Bolton Wanderers to Liverpool)

Liverpool FC are pleased to announce that personal terms have been agreed with Adam Bogdan and the goalkeeper will join the club on a free transfer on July 1 after his contract with Bolton Wanderers has expired.

The 27-year-old made more than 100 appearances at Barclays Premier League and Championship level after signing for the Trotters in 2007.

Bogdan has earned 19 senior international caps for Hungary to date and is part of his country's latest squad for their Euro 2016 qualifier this weekend.

The stopper has previously lined up against the Reds twice in his career, most recently in a goalless FA Cup draw at Anfield in January.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »
Roberto Firmino (Hoffenheim to Liverpool)

Liverpool have continued their busy summer recruitment drive by announcing the signing of Roberto Firmino, the forward, from German club Hoffenheim, on a long-term contract.
The deal for the 23-year-old is subject to a medical, which will take place immediately after the player returns from the Copa America in Chile, where he is representing Brazil.
Liverpool's transfers
In Roberto Firmino, James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez
Out Steven Gerrard, Brad Jones
Firmino will arrive at Anfield following four-and-a-half seasons at Hoffenheim, for whom he scored 38 goals in 140 Bundesliga appearances, after joining the club from Brazilian side Figueirense in December 2010.

The Maceio-born South American, who can play either as an attacking midfielder or as a striker, has been capped nine times by Brazil and scored four international goals, including the decisive goal in his country's 2-1 victory over Venezuela in the Copa America on Sunday.
Firmino will become Liverpool's fifth signing of the summer following the arrivals of midfielder James Milner from Manchester City, Danny Ings, the Burnley striker, goalkeeper Adam Bogdan from Bolton Wanderers, and Charlton Athletic defender Joe Gomez.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »
Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton to Liverpool)

Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm that a deal has been completed to sign England international defender Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

The 24-year-old full-back has penned a long-term contract with the Reds to become the sixth new player at Anfield so far this summer.

Clyne made 94 Barclays Premier League appearances during the past three seasons, after switching to the south coast side in 2012.

He was a goalscorer for Southampton at Anfield on the opening weekend of the last campaign, blasting into the Kop end net in a 2-1 defeat.

His consistent form earned international recognition and Clyne made his England debut against Slovenia in November 2014. He has five caps in total.

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Juanmi (Malaga to Southampton)

Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Spanish international forward Juanmi.
The 22 year-old becomes Saints’ first recruit ahead of the 2015/16 campaign, joining from La Liga side Málaga.

Juanmi – whose full name is Juan Miguel Jiménez López – has penned a four-year contract and will link up with his new teammates when they begin pre-season training on Monday 29th June.

Executive Director of Football Les Reed commented: “Juanmi is a young, exciting and attacking player who fits into the club’s strategic plan perfectly.

“He has been tracked closely by our recruitment department for some time, and we were keen to act quickly when presented with the opportunity to bring this young player with international quality to Southampton.

“To have attracted a player of his potential at this early stage of the summer is testament to our determination to build upon the achievements of the 2014/15 season and to continue to implement our long-term plan for the future.

“We will fully embrace the challenge of the Europa League in the coming campaign, and want to develop further in Europe over the seasons to follow. Juanmi’s arrival is an important step in this process.”

Juanmi added: “It’s a pleasure to be here and I am looking forward to being a part of this club.

“I am anxious and I want to start as soon as possible. This is a big club and it has shown a lot of trust in me.

“The training ground is magnificent and likewise the stadium. It really, really is a big club.

“Since I was very young, it’s always been a dream for me to play in the Premier League. The style of football played here is similar to the way I play, so it’s a dream come true.

“Now I just want to start playing and to start scoring goals.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »
Shay Given (Astin Villa to Stoke City)

STOKE CITY are delighted to welcome Shay Given to the Britannia Stadium.

The vastly experienced goalkeeper has signed a two-year contract with the Potters after being released from the final year of his deal with Aston Villa.

It represents the second time the 39-year-old has worked with Mark Hughes having been signed by him when he was in charge of Manchester City.

Given has enjoyed a glittering playing career, which has seen him win 130 Republic of Ireland caps and figure prominently in the UEFA Champions League.

City Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: "Few players can match Shay for the longevity of his career but having finished last season as Villa's first choice goalkeeper, it's clear he still has so much to offer."

Hughes added: "I know Shay particularly well from our time together at Manchester City and I'm really looking forward to working with him again.

"He will not only be a great asset on the pitch as an outstanding goalkeeper but he's also a fantastic character to have in the dressing room and around the Club – a true professional."

Given started his career with Blackburn in the mid-1990s and spent 12 years with Newcastle, with whom he clocked up more than 350 league appearances and also had a spell as caretaker manager.

After a spell with City, he joined Aston Villa in 2011 and last season played in all of their FA Cup games as they went all the way to the final against Arsenal.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
Sebastian Coates (Liverpool to Sunderland)

Sunderland have completed the signing of Uruguayan international defender Sebastian Coates on a permanent transfer from Liverpool.
Coates, who spent the 2014-15 season on loan at the Stadium of Light, joins the club on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The South American, 24, played a key role in **** Advocaat’s nine games in charge at the end of last season, helping Sunderland achieve a haul of nine points and three clean sheets.
The central defender has spent the summer on international duty with Uruguay at the Copa America and will return to Wearside next week.
Speaking about the signing, sporting director Lee Congerton said: “Sebastian was an important part of the team under **** last season and we are delighted that he has joined us on a permanent basis.
“He has Barclays Premier League experience, which is important and, after spending last season on loan with us, he will be able to settle into the team very quickly.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
Adam Matthews (Celtic to Sunderland)

Sunderland AFC have completed the signing of defender Adam Matthews from Scottish champions Celtic FC, for a fee of £2 million.
The 23-year old full back arrives on Wearside after pencilling a four-year deal until 2019 at the Stadium of Light.
Speaking about Matthews’ arrival, head coach Di.ck Advocaat said: “We know that we need quality players to improve competition for places in the side, so Adam is a welcome addition to our squad and we are very pleased to welcome him to Sunderland.”
SAFC’s sporting director Lee Congerton added: “Adam is a player we have been tracking for some time. Even though he is only 23 years old, he has a wealth of experience, and I am sure he will continue to improve under the leadership of Di.ck Advocaat.”
Matthews began his career with Cardiff City, making over 40 appearances for the Welsh side between 2009 and 2011, before moving north of the border to Scottish giants Celtic FC.
During his time at Celtic Park, Matthews made more than 100 appearances for The Hoops, winning the Scottish Premier League title four times, as well as earning the first of his 12 caps for Wales.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »
Andre Ayew (Marseille to Swansea City)

Swansea City have completed their first transfer of the summer after signing Ghanaian forward Andre Ayew on a free transfer from Marseille, subject to Premier League and international clearance.
The 25-year-old, who attracted interest from a number of Premier League and big European clubs, has signed a four-year deal at the Liberty after seeing his contract expire at the French club.
Ayew, who will wear squad number ten, will bolster Garry Monk’s attacking options as he can play anywhere along the front line and behind the striker.

He scored ten goals in 29 appearances for Marseille this season as he helped them to fourth in Ligue 1.
Since making his debut with the French club in 2007, he won two League Cups and was part of two Trophée des champions successes.
Previously voted BBC African Footballer of the Year and Ghana’s Player of the Year, Ayew has played in four African Cup of Nations along with two World Cups.
The 62-cap international was an integral part of Ghana’s 2010 World Cup campaign as they exited at the quarter-final stage following a dramatic penalty shoot-out defeat to Uruguay.
He then scored twice in three games at the 2014 tournament as Ghana dropped out at the group stage.
In the African Cup of Nations, he helped his country finish third in 2008 while they lost in both the 2010 and 2015 finals.
Football is certainly in the Ayew blood. His father is Abedi Ayew - a three-time winner of the African Footballer of the Year award and FIFA 100 member – who won the Champions League with Marseille in 1993, while his brothers Jordan and Ibrahim both play professionally in France and Ghana and have represented their country.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid to Tottenham Hotspur)

The defender has signed a contract with the Club until 2020.
A Belgium international, Toby came through the ranks at Ajax, making 186 appearances and scoring 15 goals during nine years with the Eredivisie champions, where he lifted three league titles and one Dutch Cup.
He was named Ajax Talent of the Year in 2010, an honour also won by Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen during their times in Amsterdam.
Toby joined Spanish side Atletico in 2013 and was part of the squad that won the La Liga title on the last day of the season as well as reaching the Champions League final in the same year.
He made 22 appearances in all for Diego Simeone's side, scoring twice, before impressing on loan at Southampton last season. He played 28 times for the St Mary’s club in all competitions, scoring once.
Capped by Belgium at every level from Under-15 to Under-21, Toby made his senior international debut in 2009 and appeared at the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil, joining Nacer Chadli, Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen in the squad.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »
Angelo Ogbonna (Juventus to West Ham United)

West Ham United are delighted to announce that Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna has completed his transfer to the Club.

Ogbonna, 27, arrives on a four-year deal after joining from the Italian Serie A side for an undisclosed fee.

The Italy international is the second Serie A player to make the move to the Boleyn Ground this summer, following Pedro Obiang's transfer from Sampdoria and he cannot wait to get going.

He told whufc.com: "I am delighted to have joined the Club. I wanted to play in the Premier League and am happy to be in London. My heart told me that the right decision was to play for West Ham United.

“I cannot wait to start working under Mr Bilic and with my new team-mates. I feel ready for this new adventure.”
image: https://az719727.vo.msecnd.net/cmsstorage/whu/media/whu/news/2015/july/ogbonna-medical-726.jpeg?width=726&height=922&ext=.jpeg

Angelo Ogbonna underwent a successful medical at Spire Roding Hospital, West Ham United’s official private hospital
Angelo Ogbonna underwent a successful medical at Spire Roding Hospital, West Ham United’s official private hospital

A strong and powerful defender, Ogbonna won a host of admirers during his time with Juventus, in which he collected two Serie A titles, a Coppa Italia and a Supercoppa Italiana.
Born in Cassino in the Lazio region of Italy, Ogbonna began his youth career in his home town before being spotted by Torino at the age of 14.He made his top flight debut at 18, and after gaining further experience with a loan spell at Crotone, he returned to establish himself in the Torino side.

The Granata suffered relegation in 2009, but Ogbonna helped them reclaim their spot at the top table before moving across town to Juventus in 2013.

The 6'3 defender continued his progress with the Old Lady, making 25 appearances in his debut season at Juventus and backing that up with the same number of league appearances last term.

He picked up league winners medals in both of his seasons with Juve, and was on the bench as they lost out to Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League final in May.

A natural at centre back who can also play at left back, Ogbonna has been capped  ten times by his country and was a member of the Italy squad which finished as runners-up at UEFA Euro 2012.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
Marco Van Ginkel (Chelsea to Stoke City)

STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the signing of Marco van Ginkel on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

The 22-year-old central midfielder completed the formalities of his move today and is to fly out to Singapore to meet-up with his new teammates ahead of next week's Barclays Asia Trophy.

He has become the Club's fourth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Phillip Wollscheid, Jakob Haugaard and Joselu.

van Ginkel, who joined Chelsea from Vitesse Arnhem in 2013 in a deal reported to be worth in the region of £8million, spent last season on loan with Italian giants AC Milan, making 17 Serie A appearances.

A box-to-box player, he scored 18 goals in 93 league appearances for Vitesse - and was also voted Dutch Talent of the Year - which brought him to the attention of Chelsea who held off competition from a number of other clubs to secure his signature.

City Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: "Marco is a player with fantastic potential and we are delighted that he will be spending the 2015/16 season at the Britannia Stadium.

"Marco is keen to make a big impression in the Premier League and believes he can do that with Stoke City."

Manager Mark Hughes said: "Marco is the kind of player we have been looking to bring to the Club. He will bring great energy to the side and is capable of scoring goals from midfield, as he showed during his time with Vitesse.

"I'm looking forward to him linking up with the squad in Singapore and getting the chance to work with him on the training ground and see him in action in the Barclays Asia Trophy."

van Ginkel is an international teammate of City left back Erik Pieters having been capped twice by Holland.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »
Joselu (Hannover 96 to Stoke City)

STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the signing of striker Joselu from German club Hannover 96 for a fee of €8million.

The ex-Spanish Under-21 international becomes the Club's third signing of the summer following the captures of defender Philipp Wollscheid and goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard.

Joselu, who lists Real Madrid among his former clubs, scored eight goals in 30 appearances for Hannover last season – his first with the Bundesliga outfit.

Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: "Joselu was one of our key summer targets and so I am delighted that we have been able to complete this deal.

"Despite offers from leading European clubs Joselu has decided to join Stoke City to fulfil his ambitions."

Manager Mark Hughes added: "Joselu has an excellent pedigree and is a player we have been tracking for some time.

"He has skills and attributes that are different to what we already have within the squad but will complement the attacking players we already have at our disposal.

"Joselu is excited about testing himself in the Premier League and we're delighted to have him with us."

Joselu launched his professional career in Spain with Celta Vigo but in 2009 he was bought by Real Madrid, only to be loaned back to his former club for the remainder of that season.

He topped the scoring chart's for Real's reserve team in 2010/11 and was promoted to the first team in May 2011 as he made his La Liga debut as a substitute against UD Almeria. He wasted little time in making an impact as he scored almost immediately after his introduction to make it 8-1 to Real.

He did likewise in a Copa del Rey appearance against SD Ponferradina before moving to Germany in August 2012 by joining Hoffenheim for an undisclosed fee.

Joselu spent a season on loan with Eintracht Frankfurt, scoring 14 goals in the process, before moving to Hanover last summer.

Ironically, he checked-in at Hannover shortly after Mame Diouf had left the German club to move to the Britannia Stadium. A year later the pair are to become Potters teammates.

He also becomes the third Spaniard in the Potters' first team squad alongside Marc Muniesa and Bojan.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »
#~ Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich to Manchester United)

It is believed United will pay £15m for the Germany captain and he will sign a three-year deal at Old Trafford worth £140,000-a-week.

Rummenigge revealed that Schweinsteiger had told him he wanted a new challenge before the end of his career.

He said: "#~ wants to do something new at the end of his career. He asked that we meet his wishes.

"My colleagues at Manchester United have been in touch. We've reached an agreement over a transfer.

"It's regrettable because #~ meant a great deal to the club. He achieved great things.

"We say goodbye on great terms."

A Manchester United statement read: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has reached agreement with Bayern Munich to sign midfielder #~ Schweinsteiger, subject to a medical and personal terms."

Schweinsteiger had a year remaining on his contract at the Allianz Arena but had found himself no longer first choice under Pep Guardiola following the arrival of Xabi Alonso last summer.

He will link up once again with Louis van Gaal having worked with him between 2009 and 2011 when the Dutchman was in charge at Bayern.

He follows £25m Memphis Depay to Old Trafford while Matteo Darmian is poised to join for £13m from Torino.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »
Matteo Darmian (Torino to Manchester United)

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Matteo Darmian has completed his transfer from Torino. Matteo joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.

Darmian, 25, has made 146 appearances and scored 5 league goals for Torino since his debut in 2011. The defender has 13 international caps for Italy and was part of their World Cup squad last summer in Brazil.

Matteo Darmian said: “It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. I have loved the time that I have spent at Torino and I would like to thank the club and the fans for everything they have done for me.  I am sure they can understand when the opportunity to join the biggest club in world came along it was something I had to do.

"To work with Louis van Gaal, a manager that has achieved so much in football is such an exciting prospect."

Louis van Gaal said: "Matteo is a right-sided full back with the versatility of also being able to play on the left. He is a strong defender and has the ability to go forward in the attacking positions which is a fantastic attribute to have and much needed in the fast rhythm of the Premier League.

"Matteo will be a great addition to the team. I am delighted to welcome Matteo to the club and look forward to working with him in the coming days."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 07:52:58 AM »
Idrissa Gueye ( Lille to Aston Villa)

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Idrissa Gueye.

The 25-year-old Senegalese international has agreed a four-year deal with the club and joins from French side Lille for an undisclosed fee.

Gueye has represented his country on 24 occasions.

Manager Tim Sherwood said: "I'm really pleased to have brought Idrissa on board.

"He's been one of the best young midfielders in France for the last few seasons and there were a lot of teams trying to sign him this summer.

"I believe we are signing a player who is hungry to succeed, is entering what should be his best years and is perfectly suited to the Premier League."

Gueye will join up with the squad on receipt of his UK visa.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton to Manchester United)

Morgan Schneiderlin completed a medical at Manchester United last night ahead of a £24million move from Southampton.

The midfielder arrived at United's AON Training Complex to go through the medical before penning a four-year deal with the option of an extra 12 months.

The arrival of Schneiderlin takes United's summer spending to close to £80million, following the signings of Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian and #~ Schweinsteiger, with more to come.

United boss Louis van Gaal leaves with his squad for the club's two-and-a-half week tour of the US today and wanted Schneiderlin on the plane bound for Seattle at lunchtime.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
Glen Johnson (Liverpool to Stoke City)

STOKE CITY are delighted to welcome England right-back Glen Johnson to the Britannia Stadium, subject to finalising the formalities.

The 30-year-old has signed an initial two-year contract, with the potential for a third year, after leaving Liverpool at the end of the 2014/15 Premier League season.

He becomes the Potters’ sixth signing of the summer and has since arrived in Singapore to meet up with his new teammates ahead of the Barclays Asia Trophy next week.

Johnson, who has also served West Ham, Chelsea and Portsmouth and been capped 54 times by England, made 200 league and cup appearances for Liverpool in a six-year spell at Anfield following an £18million move in 2009.

Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: “Glen’s record speaks for itself. He has a wealth of experience having a regular at international level for more than a decade and played the finals of the World Cup and European Championships.

“There was no shortage of clubs interested in him after he left Liverpool but he very much sees his future as a Stoke City player and we are delighted he has chosen to join us.”

Speaking from the Far East, manager Mark Hughes said: “Glen will be a fantastic addition to our squad. He commanded a huge transfer fee when he left Portsmouth for Liverpool but dealt with the pressure that comes with that.

“He’s a talented defender who also chips in with goals - as we discovered last season when he scored the winner against us at Anfield – and having spoken to him I know how much he’s looking forward to being a Stoke player.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2015, 12:31:46 PM »
Valon Behrami (Hamburg to Watford)

WATFORD FC is delighted to announce the signing of Switzerland international Valon Behrami on a three-year deal.

The Yugoslavia-born midfielder completed a move back to the Premier League from Hamburg, after previously spending two-and-a-half top-flight years with West Ham United between July 2008 and January 2011.

Internationally, Behrami has made over 50 appearances for his country, making the Swiss squad at three FIFA World Cup tournaments and UEFA Euro 2008.

As well as his spell in England, the 30-year-old has also played at some of Italy’s top teams including Lazio, Fiorentina and Napoli.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool to Manchester City)

Liverpool have reached an agreement with Manchester City over the £49m transfer of Raheem Sterling.

The transfer of the 20-year-old England winger is subject to contract negotiations and a medical.

Sterling had asked to leave Anfield and was the subject of two bids from City in June, which were rejected.

The forward, who will become the most expensive English player ever, is under contract until 2017, but turned down a new £100,000-a-week deal at Liverpool.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
No issue with Sterling - Rodgers
Sterling was signed by Liverpool as a 15-year-old from QPR in February 2010 and the Loftus Road club will receive 20% of any fee the Reds get for the forward.

On Saturday, Sterling was named on a 30-man list for the tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia, but was then withdrawn.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
Asmir Begovic (Stoke City to Chelsea)

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Asmir Begovic from Stoke City.

Goalkeeper Begovic, 28, has signed a four-year contract, and becomes our second signing of the summer following the arrival of Radamel Falcao on a season-long loan.

Begovic said: ‘I am very happy to be joining Chelsea FC. After speaking at length to the manager, I feel like I can develop here and be an important part of this team. I am looking forward to meeting up with the team on Wednesday for the pre-season tour.'

Thibaut Courtois will remain No. 13 with Begovic taking the vacant number No.1 shirt.

Begovic, who stands 6ft 6in, had spent the previous five-and-a-half years with Stoke having joined from his first professional club Portsmouth in early 2010.

At the Britannia Stadium he made 172 appearances, quickly establishing himself as first choice, and scored the Premier League’s longest-ever goal when he netted a clearance from inside his own penalty area against Southampton in November 2013.

Born in the former Yugoslavia, Begovic spent his childhood in Germany and Canada, representing the latter at the Under-20 World Cup before opting to play at senior level for Bosnia-Herzegovina. He was their first-choice goalkeeper at their World Cup finals debut in Brazil last year, and has accumulated 41 caps so far.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
Claudio Ranieri (Newly Appointed Leicester City Coach)

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as the Club’s new First Team Manager.
- Leicester City appoint Claudio Ranieri as First Team Manager on three-year deal
- Italian brings vast experience from spells with Chelsea, Inter and Valencia
- New manager joins squad at Austria pre-season training camp
- Ranieri vows to repay owners’ trust with results
- First competitive game in charge will be Sunderland on 8 August

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as the Club’s new First Team Manager.

The 63-year-old Italian has agreed a three-year contract at King Power Stadium to begin his second spell of Premier League management, following a successful four years at Chelsea between 2000 and 2004.

A vastly experienced tactician renowned for his methodical approach and entertaining style of play, Claudio’s near 30-year coaching career has included spells in charge of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

In addition to Chelsea, the popular Roman can count Inter Milan, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Roma among his former employers.

Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and Director of Football Jon Rudkin flew Claudio out to the Club’s pre-season training camp in Austria on Monday, where he was introduced to the squad and began work immediately.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “It is my great pleasure to welcome Claudio Ranieri – a man of remarkable experience and knowledge that will lead us into the next phase of our long-term plan for Leicester City.

“His achievements in the game, his knowledge of English football and his record of successfully coaching some of the world’s finest players made him the outstanding candidate for the job and his ambitions for the future reflect our own.

“To have attracted one of the world’s elite managers speaks volumes both for the progress Leicester City has made in recent years and for the potential that remains for the Club’s long-term development.”

Claudio Ranieri said: “I'm so glad to be here in a Club with such a great tradition as Leicester City. I have worked at many great clubs, in many top leagues, but since I left Chelsea I have dreamt of another chance to work in the best league in the world again.

“I wish to thank the owner, his son and all the executives of the Club for the opportunity they are giving me. Now I've only one way for returning their trust: squeeze all my energies to getting the best results for the team.”

Having met the Leicester City squad on Monday afternoon, Claudio will oversee his first training session on Tuesday morning – assisted by Craig Shakespeare, Steve Walsh and the existing City backroom team – and will remain with the group for the remainder of their training camp in Bad Radkersburg.

He will have the opportunity to see the squad in action for the first time next Tuesday (21 July), when City begin their pre-season friendly schedule with a trip to Lincoln City.

Leicester also face friendly fixtures at Mansfield Town, Burton Albion, Rotherham United and Birmingham City, before kicking off the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League season against Sunderland at King Power Stadium on Saturday 8 August.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
Steve McClaren (Newly Appointed Newcastle United Coach)

Newcastle United have appointed Steve McClaren as the Club's new head coach

Newcastle United are delighted to announce the appointment of Steve McClaren as the Club's new head coach.

McClaren joins United on a deal for an initial term of three years, which could be extended to eight.

Managing director Lee Charnley said: "From my first meeting with Steve I knew he was the perfect fit for Newcastle United.

"I am delighted that we have secured the services of one of the best coaches in English football.

"He has 20 years' experience, including for the national team and at the highest level of European competition. His most notable achievements include winning the Eredivisie with FC Twente and guiding Middlesbrough to a League Cup win in 2004 and to the final of the UEFA Cup in 2006.

"He has a proven track record of being an innovative and forward-thinking coach and developing and improving players, which was a key quality we sought in the individual to fill this role.

"Steve also brings with him a great enthusiasm and passion for the job, the Club and the city, which he articulated to me very clearly from the outset.

"This is a huge job which comes with considerable pressures and I am convinced that Steve not only understands the weight of expectation that comes with this role, but that he has the strength of character and professionalism befitting of a club of our size and status.

"Steve has been tasked to secure a top-eight finish in the Premier League and he is also heavily incentivised to try to win a cup competition.

"We recognise supporters' strong desire to win a trophy, an ambition which the Club now shares as Mike Ashley made clear in his comments on the final day of the season. Steve is excited by this and he has our full support in trying to achieve this goal.

"Our immediate focus will be on working with Steve to assess and improve upon our playing squad, as well as appointing individuals to his backroom staff."

Speaking of his appointment, McClaren said: "I am privileged to be appointed head coach of Newcastle United. This is a big club with a wonderful heritage.

"St. James' Park is like a cathedral on a Saturday afternoon, a symbol for the city and I am excited to be given this opportunity.

"I know how important Newcastle United is to the city and the region.

"The supporters are some of the most loyal, passionate and devoted in the world. Despite everything they maintain their faith. We owe it to them to do everything we can to reward them with success.

"There's a lot of work to do, but the Club has made it clear about wanting success and I would not have come here if I didn't believe they were serious.

"This Club has waited far too long to win a trophy. That's one of my primary objectives here.

"I've already won trophies as a manager, and a club the size of Newcastle United should be winning cups and finishing in the top eight in the Premier League.

"I'm determined to give the supporters of Newcastle United a team they can be proud of. The hard work starts now."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »
Slaven Bilic (Newly Appointed West Ham United Coach)

West Ham United are delighted to announce the appointment of Slaven Bilic as the Club’s new manager.

The 46-year-old will become the 15th full-time manager in the Hammers’ 120-year history, returning to the Club he played for 54 times, on a three-year contract.

Bilic will arrive at the Boleyn Ground after successful spells in charge of the Croatia national team and Turkish side Besiktas, subject to a work permit being issued. He becomes the second Croatian to manage in the Barclays Premier League, and has an outstanding career win percentage of 55.16 per cent.

A law graduate and multilinguist who takes a meticulous approach to management, the new boss will arrive in London later this month following a family holiday, but has already begun preparations for West Ham’s maiden UEFA Europa League campaign.

“I’m really glad to be back with West Ham United,” Bilic said. “It’s in the Premier League, which is among the best in the world. It’s a big challenge and you are competing with the best and what better club to do it with than West Ham.

“I remember West Ham as a special club. I love these kinds of special clubs. My last club, Besiktas, was that kind of club. It’s not about the size – West Ham is big Club – there is something special about them - they are a cult clubs.

“It is a great place to play and I felt like I was at home. It is a big privilege and a big responsibility to now be manager and I hope that I will prove it to the Board, players and fans.

“My first priority when choosing a club is to look at its ambitions. When I spoke to the Chairmen and Karren Brady, they made clear that it is not only the fantastic new Stadium we are moving into, but they showed their determination and ambition to make what is a big club even bigger.

“I saw their determination and passion that they want to do that. That was the number one reason. I could feel that they really wanted me so it was an easy choice.

“I would say to the West Ham fans that I will give my best and together we will achieve great things.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
Di.ck Advocaat (Newly Appointed Sunderhand Coach)

Sunderland AFC is delighted to announce the appointment of Di.ck Advocaat as head coach.

The highly-experienced Dutchman has put pen to paper on a one-year deal at the Stadium of Light.

Speaking about his decision to return, Di.ck Advocaat said: “After a lot of discussions with Ellis and Lee, they convinced me that I am the right man for the club.

“It was a great feeling to be part of Sunderland in the last few months, the experience was something very special and after talking with Lee, Ellis and of course my family, we all agree it is the right decision.”

Sunderland AFC chairman Ellis Short said: “Di.ck’s credentials in football are top class and we saw what an impact his vast knowledge and experience had on our team and the club as a whole in just two months.

“Sunderland fans took him to their hearts and so did everyone at the club, so we are absolutely thrilled that he will be here longer term.”

The club’s sporting director, Lee Congerton, added: “Di.ck was always our number one choice and we were determined we weren’t going to take 'no' for an answer. I have been in constant contact with him over the last two weeks and I'm absolutely delighted that he has agreed to return.

“In just a short space of time he has bought into the club wholeheartedly and understands exactly what we need now in order to move forward. We have a lot of work to do to prepare for the season ahead and that starts in earnest now.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »
Jerrmain Lens (Dynamo Kyiv to Sunderland)

Sunderland AFC has confirmed the signing of Dutch international forward Jeremain Lens.
The 27-year-old, who plays as a striker or on the wing, has joined from Ukrainian side FC Dynamo Kyiv for an undisclosed fee, signing a four-year deal.
Lens has played in both the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, reaching the quarter-finals of the latter competition last season.
Having worked with Sunderland head coach **** Advocaat at PSV and AZ Alkmaar, the two are now reunited on Wearside.
Speaking about the move, Sunderland’s Head Coach said: “We have signed an international player and I am delighted to welcome him to Sunderland.
“He is a very well-known player in Europe and has played over 30 games for the Dutch national side, which shows his calibre.
“I have worked with him twice already, at PSV and AZ, so I know him well; he is fast and he has scored goals everywhere he has played so that will help the team.”
The Amsterdam-born forward has been capped 30 times by his native Holland, scoring eight goals.
Lens began his career with AZ Alkmaar picking up an Eredivisie winners’ medal in 2008-09, before moving to PSV in May 2010, working again with Advocaat when he took charge of the club in 2012, while the player has won Dutch Super Cups with both clubs.
Overall, Lens scored 34 league goals in 96 games for PSV, where he won the KNVB Cup in 2011-12.
Speaking about the signing, the Black Cats sporting director Lee Congerton added: “We’re absolutely delighted to sign a player of Jeremain’s quality, who has Champions League experience and is a regular for Holland, one of the world’s strongest national teams.”
“He’s a direct and quick player with or without the ball and those characteristics are something we’ve been lacking as a side.”
The forward moved to Kyiv in June 2013 and enjoyed a successful two seasons with the club, winning the Ukrainian cup in his first campaign and following up with a league and cup double last season.
Lens was part of the Dutch side which finished third at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
He also played a key role in helping the side qualify under Louis van Gaal, scoring five goals and adding five assists during the group qualification stage.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord to Southampton)

Southampton Football Club is delighted to welcome Holland international Jordy Clasie as its fifth signing of the summer.
The midfielder has agreed a five-year contract and joins from Dutch side Feyenoord, where he has been captain in recent years.

24-year-old Clasie has 11 caps for his country, featuring for the Oranje as they finished third at the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals.

Other than a season-long loan spell at Excelsior, Haarlem-born Clasie has spent his entire professional career with Feyenoord. He made his debut aged 20, in Ronald Koeman’s first game in charge of the Rotterdam club.

Executive Director of Football Les Reed commented: “Jordy is one of the most highly sought-after midfielders in Europe.

“His qualities are plain to see for anybody who has watched his development over the past few years as closely as we have, and we are delighted that he will continue his growth at Southampton.

“Like Cédric Soares and Juanmi, he has emerged from an academy with a set of values closely aligned to our own and has spent the entirety of his prior professional career contracted to one club.

“With Jordy having played for Ronald Koeman for three years at Feyenoord, this is the perfect move for both the player and Southampton Football Club.”

Clasie added: “It feels good to be joining Southampton. It’s a nice club, and I’m happy to be here.

“It’s a big club playing in what I think is the biggest and most important league.

“Ronald being here is a big thing for me and that was important in me coming here, but even if he wasn’t here, I’d have come to this club.

“I played every game for him. He’s a good trainer and a good man so I like him, but I came here not only for him. I came here for the club.

“I’ve watched many games of Southampton, and it’s felt good when I’ve watched these games.

“I hope that I have many good moments and good years here.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 05:48:04 AM »
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur to Sunderland)

Sunderland AFC has completed the signing of defender Younes Kaboul from Tottenham Hotspur.
The former France international put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Kaboul becomes Sunderland’s fourth signing of the transfer window after the Black Cats completed deals for Sebastian Coates, Adam Matthews and Jeremain Lens.
Speaking after sealing the move, Kaboul said: “I’m delighted to be a Sunderland player and it’s an honour to join this club.”
“I would like to thank Lee Congerton and the head coach for making this move possible and I can’t wait to start playing for the Sunderland supporters.”
Head coach **** Advocaat said: "He is a very experienced player, which is what we need. He has shown that in his time at Spurs and he will be a very good addition to our squad."
Sunderland’s Sporting Director Lee Congerton also expressed his delight at completing the deal: “In Younes we have signed an established Premier League player with pace and power at the back, which are qualities required in the modern game.
“We’re pleased that he’s agreed to join the club and he will bring good competition to the squad.”
The 29-year-old centre back began his career with Auxerre where he won the Coupe de France, before joining Spurs in 2007.
While in North London he gained UEFA Europa League experience before moving to Portsmouth in 2008, where he would again play in European competition.
He returned to White Hart Lane in 2010, going on to gain UEFA Champions League experience, scoring a goal in a group stage game against Werder Bremen, and later earning the club captaincy.
Kaboul has represented France and U19, U21 and senior level, earning five caps and scoring one goal.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 02:21:00 AM »
Fabian Delph (Aston Villa to Manchester City)

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph has signed a five-year contract at Manchester City less than a week after saying he was staying at Villa Park.

England midfielder Delph's move to City had appeared over after he "set the record straight" over his future.

City agreed to meet an £8m release clause inserted into the new four-and-a-half-year contract signed in January.

"At just 25 years old, he still has his best years ahead," said City boss Manuel Pellegrini.

"He is an excellent player, I am looking forward to working with him."

Delph completed a medical on Friday and will fly to Australia over the weekend to join his new team-mates for pre-season training.

He will wear the number 18 shirt which Frank Lampard, now at New York City, wore last season.

Aston Villa released a 30-word statement confirming their captain's exit.

"Aston Villa can confirm that Fabian Delph has exercised the release clause in his contract and will join Manchester City," it said.

"We'd like to wish him success in his future career."

Frank Lampard, who wore City's No 18 shirt last season, has sent a message to Fabian Delph
Delph released a statement last week after reports of his original medical at City, saying: "I'm not leaving, I'm staying at the football club."

On Friday, he said he had spoken to his England team-mate and City goalkeeper Joe Hart - as well as Villa's new signing from City Micah Richards - before signing.

"Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here," added Delph.

Former Leeds player Delph did not travel with the Villa squad for their pre-season training camp in Portugal.

He helped Villa retain their Premier League status last season, making 28 league appearances, and also played a key role in their run to the FA Cup final, where they lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

He made his England debut against Norway last September and has six caps.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 07:41:10 AM »
Christian Benteke (Aston Villa to Liverpool)

Liverpool have agreed a 32.5 million pounds deal with Aston Villa for striker Christian Benteke, British media reported on Sunday.

The 24-year-old Belgian international will undergo a medical by Tuesday and is unlikely to join his new team on their current tour of Australia, the BBC reported.

Liverpool club doctor will leave the tour of Australia and fly back to Britain to conduct his medical, the report said.

Since joining Aston Villa from Genk in 2012, Benteke has scored 49 goals in 101 appearances, helping the team avoid relegation last season.

Liverpool made the bid for Benteke after selling Raheem Sterling to Manchester City for a record fee of 49 million pounds.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 07:44:12 AM »
Jordan Amavi (Nice to Aston Villa)

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Jordan Amavi.

The 21-year-old full-back has signed a five-year deal with the Club and joins from French side Nice for an undisclosed fee.

Amavi is a France U21 international and is one of the most highly rated young players in Europe.

Manager Tim Sherwood said: "I'm delighted to have secured the services of someone we consider to be a terrific young player.

"Jordan has been one of the outstanding players in Ligue 1 and is still very young and can become even better.

"There were a lot of clubs after him this summer so we are really pleased to welcome him to the Club."

Amavi will meet his new team-mates for the first time on Monday.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 08:40:30 AM »
Patrick Roberts (Fulham to Manchester City)

曼市周日宣布引进富罕小将罗伯茨,收购这位英格兰U19青年队核心的代价高达1100万英镑(约6528万令吉),也是球队今夏第4位94后球员、第3位英格兰本土球员。

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »
Patrick Bamford (Chelsea to Crystal Palace)

Crystal Palace are pleased to announce the signing of England under-21 international Patrick Bamford from Chelsea on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old striker arrives from the Blues having starred at Middlesbrough last season where he scored 17 times in the Championship and named the division’s Player of the Year. 

Bamford becomes the Club’s second summer signing after the arrival of Yohan Cabaye earlier this month.

Commenting on his signing, Bamford said, “I was quite keen to stay close to London this time and Palace were actually my first choice, but I didn't realise they were keen to start with. Then, when I met with the manager, he put forward his plans and it was an easy decision."

The England under-21 added, “I like to get in behind the defence. I'd say I'm deceptively quick, but I'm sure they'll make their own minds up! I do like to score goals, so hopefully I'll be able to do that a lot here. I want to try to establish myself in a Premier League team and if I can do that here then it would be great for me and great for the club.”

Eagles manager Alan Pardew was delighted by the young forward’s decision to join the club for the season.

“It’s a coup for Crystal Palace ahead of a host of rivals,” he said. “I’m so pleased he chose us over others to help develop his game. Hopefully he will be a star for us, Chelsea and – of course – England.

“Patrick is one of England’s brightest prospects and I will liaise with Jose [Mourinho], Gareth [Southgate] and Dan Ashworth on his progress during this important year in his career.”

Bamford began his career at Nottingham Forest where he progressed through their Academy and played twice for the first-team before being signed by Chelsea for £1.5 million in January 2012. He then enjoyed a couple of loan spells with MK Dons between 2012 and 2014, where he scored 21 goals in 44 games in League One and more recently in the Championship for Derby County where he played the second half of 2013/14, as the Rams narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

Last season saw him move to Teeside where he was an instant success, scoring 19 times in all competitions including once against Manchester City in the FA Cup where Boro pulled off an upset win at the Etihad Stadium.

As well as representing his country at under-21 level, he has also played for the Three Lions at under-18 and under-20 levels. He was included in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the UEFA Under-21 Championships this summer but missed out on the tournament through injury.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 08:10:29 AM »
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht to Newcastle united)

Newcastle United have completed the signing of striker Aleksandar Mitrović, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.

The 20-year-old Serbian international arrives from Anderlecht and has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at St. James' Park, which is the fourth biggest transfer in the Club's history.

Mitrović came through the ranks at Partizan Belgrade before making his debut for their affiliated side Teleoptik.

The summer of 2012 saw the front man sign his first professional contract with Partizan and he made a goalscoring bow in a Champions League qualifier against Maltese side Valletta, a competition in which he has gained extensive experience over the past three seasons.

Mitrović finished the 2012/13 campaign as Partizan's top scorer, helping his team to the Serbian SuperLiga title.

In August 2013, he moved to Belgium to join Anderlecht and scored 44 goals in 90 appearances across two seasons at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium.

Mitrović's performances for Serbia in the 2013 UEFA Under-19 Championships inspired his country to victory and earned him the Player of the Tournament award. The forward has now earned thirteen senior caps for his country.

Speaking of his arrival on Tyneside, he said: "I am so happy to have signed for Newcastle.

"I visited the stadium and it is amazing. I have played in a lot of impressive stadiums in my career but St. James' Park is so big, I can't wait to play my first game here.

"I know how passionate the fans are. This is a club with a very big history and the fans are a big part of that. There will be pressure here, for sure, but I like pressure.

"I also know about the famous players who have played for Newcastle United, like Alan Shearer, who is a hero of mine. I hope I can play like him for this Club. It will be an honour."

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren added: "This is a fantastic signing for us. We have fought off a lot of competition to secure a top young talent in Europe.

"Aleksandar is someone who can develop with the team and someone who will help us to get to where we want to go.

"As a Board we have worked hard to make it happen. It is another demonstration that we are wanting to push on."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 08:18:08 AM »
Miguel Britos (Napoli to Watford)

Miguel Britos joins the Hornets on a three-year deal...
WATFORD have strengthened their squad further with the permanent signing of experienced Uruguayan defender Miguel Britos.

The 30-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Vicarage Road.

Britos joins the Hornets from Italian Serie A side Napoli, where the central defender played more than 100 times between 2011 and 2015.

During that time he played his part in Napoli’s second-place Serie A finish in 2012/13, also winning the Coppa Italia twice and the Super Cup once.

After beginning his professional career at Uruguayan outfits Centro Atletico Fenix, Juventud de Las Piedras and Montevideo Wanderers, Britos secured a move to Italy with Bologna in 2008.

The 6ft 2in defender made 71 appearances for ‘I Rossoblu’, before completing a €9million transfer to Napoli ahead of the 2011/12 season.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 08:22:44 AM »
Manuel Lanzini (Al Jazira to West Ham United)

West Ham United have unearthed a gem after completing the loan signing of Argentine playmaker Manuel ‘The Jewel’ Lanzini.

The 22-year-old has joined the Hammers on a season-long deal, with an option to make it permanent, from UAE Arabian Gulf League club Al-Jazira after passing his medical at Spire Roding Hospital, West Ham United’s official private hospital.

Lanzini, who came through the same River Plate youth system that produced the likes of Alfredo Di Stefano, Ariel Ortega and former Hammer Javier Mascherano, is an exciting attacking midfielder who can both create and score goals.

Having sealed his summer switch to the Boleyn Ground, Lanzini spoke of a massive step in his still young career.

“This is very emotional because it is one of the best teams I have ever signed for," he told West Ham TV. "It is a very important step for my career and for my future.

“I am looking forward to what is a new era for me. I’m very happy and I look forward to meeting my new teammates.

“This is a new challenge for me and that can only help in the future. It will test my ability in one of the best leagues in the world, so I am looking forward to getting started.

“I am someone who always gives 100 per cent. I’m an attacking player, I can change the game’s tempo and I hope to give my maximum for the fans to appreciate me."

Manuel Lanzini passed his medical at Spire Roding Hospital
Born in the Ituzaingó Partido of the Greater Buenos Aires metropolitan area to Italian ancestry, Lanzini joined River Plate at the age of nine in 2002.

At 17, he made his professional debut in a 1-0 home win over Tigre on 8 August 2010, and went on to make 22 league appearances for River in is debut season.

Summer 2011 saw Lanzini loaned to Brazilian giants Fluminense, where he impressed by scoring twice in 22 appearances as a teenager, helping the club to win the Serie A title.

With that experience under his belt, the player returned to River, where he was handed the coveted No10 shirt, helping the club to reach the Copa Libertadores quarter-finals and scoring a career-high eight goals in 26 league appearances in 2012/13.

A packed 2013/14 saw Lanzini play 41 times in all competitions for River, helping the Buenos Aires club to reach the last-eight of the Copa Sudamericana and attracting the attention of clubs all over the world.

It was Al-Jazira who moved for the exciting talent, securing Lanzini’s path to Abu Dhabi, where he became the youngest foreign player to appear in the UAE Arabian Gulf League at the age of 21.

Again wearing the No10 shirt, Lanzini teamed up with Montenego and ex-Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic and Burkina Faso and former Hamburg midfielder Jonathan Pitroipa to score eight goals in 24 league appearances to help Al-Jazira to finish as league runners-up last season.

At international level, the creative South American has been capped four times by Argentina at U20 level and will hope to make the step up to the senior squad if he can impress in Claret and Blue.

Lanzini becomes West Ham’s seventh summer signing following the arrivals of Dimitri Payet, Angelo Ogbonna, Pedro Obiang, Carl Jenkinson, Stephen Hendrie and Darren Randolph.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
Christian Benteke (Aston Villa to Liverpool)

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international striker Christian Benteke from Aston Villa.

The 24-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds today after successfully completing a medical in London.

Benteke has built a reputation as one of the Barclays Premier League's most clinical forwards since joining Villa from Genk in 2012, having scored 49 goals in 101 appearances for the Midlands side.

During that time he has also become a regular fixture for the Belgium national team and has netted seven goals in 24 outings for his country.

After completing his move to Anfield, Benteke told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy to be here and I would like to thank the owners, Ian [Ayre] and of course the manager for their massive effort to bring me here.

"It's hard to show your emotion when you've just come from doing something [like this] but of course I am very happy."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:47 AM »
Sergio Romero (Sampdoria to Manchester United)

Manchester United have signed Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero on a three-year deal, the club said on Sunday.

The 28-year-old, who played under United manager Louis van Gaal when they were both at Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, left Sampdoria in the summer at the end of his contract.

"To play for the biggest club in the world is a dream come true for me," he told United's website.

"Louis van Gaal is a fantastic manager and I cannot wait to get started on this new and exciting challenge in my career.”

Romero has joined United on their pre-season tour of the United States, where they beat Barcelona 3-1 on Saturday.

“Sergio is a very talented goalkeeper. He was a young keeper during my time at AZ Alkmaar and I am delighted he is joining Manchester United," said Van Gaal.

Romero and his new manager also crossed paths last summer at the World Cup where Argentina eliminated the Van Gaal-coached Netherlands in a semi-final penalty shootout.

"He had a fantastic World Cup last summer in Brazil, although that is something I have put to the back of my mind! He will be a great addition to the team and I am looking forward to working with him once again,” added Van Gaal.

Romero's arrival is expected to herald the departure of United's backup Victor Valdes, who was left out of the tour party and told to leave the club due to a row with the manager.

Van Gaal said Valdes had refused to play for United's reserve team, a claim disputed by the Spaniard.

Speculation also continues over the future of first-choice United keeper David De Gea, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, with the La Liga team's defender Sergio Ramos coming to the English side as part of a swap deal.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:44 AM »
Jose Manuel Jurado (Spartak Moscow to Watford)

Spanish playmaker links up with Quique Sanchez Flores once more after signing for Watford...
ATTACKING midfielder José Manuel Jurado has completed a permanent move to Watford from Spartak Moscow.

The Spaniard has signed a three-year contract with the Hornets ahead of their 2015/16 Premier League campaign.

A product of Real Madrid’s youth setup, the 29-year-old made a handful of appearances for Los Blancos before moving to near neighbours Atletico Madrid in 2006.

Jurado played 115 times for Atletico, including 64 outings and nine goals in 2009/10 as the side managed by current Watford Head Coach Quique Sanchez Flores stormed to Europa League glory and a runners-up spot in the Copa del Rey.

The playmaker signed for Bundesliga side Schalke 04 in 2010 and went on to appear in the Champions League and the Europa League. He also performed in both the DFB Pokal and Super Cup finals, scoring in the former as part of a 5-0 win over MSV Duisburg in 2011.

After 72 games and nine goals for Schalke 04, Jurado was loaned to Spartak Moscow in September 2012, a move which was later made permanent. He played 77 times for the Russian outfit, scoring 14 goals.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2015, 06:41:36 AM »
Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona to Stoke City)

STOKE CITY are delighted to confirm the signing of Dutch international Ibrahim Afellay on a two-year contract.

The 29-year-old winger arrives at the Britannia Stadium after his contract with Barcelona expired over the course of the summer.

Afellay, who has been capped 50 times by the Netherlands and most recently against Spain in March, joins fellow countrymen Erik Pieters and Marco van Ginkel in Mark Hughes' Stoke squad, along with ex-Barcelona teammates Bojan, Marc Muniesa and Moha.

He is the Club's eighth close season signing following the arrivals of Phillip Wollscheid, Jakob Haugaard, Joselu, Marco van Ginkel, Glen Johnson, Shay Given and Moha.

City Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: "It's no secret that Ibrahim was wanted by a number of clubs and we are understandably delighted that he has chosen to join us.

"He's clearly excited about the prospect of playing in the Premier League and the fact that he knows so many players who are already at the Club will no doubt help him settle into his new surroundings."

Afellay has flown to France to link-up with the Potters squad at their training camp in Evian and is available to be involved in this weekend's Colonia Cup competition in Germany.

He started his career with Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven, where he scored 35 goals in 159 league appearances and helped them land four Eredivisie titles.

He won a whole host of honours during his time with Barcelona - including the Champions League - although his time at the Nou Camp was disrupted by injury problems.

Afellay made 21 league appearances for Barca and had loan spells with Schalke 04 in Germany and Greece outfit Olympiacos. He played 31 games for club and country last season.

He made his debut for Holland in 2007 and appeared in the 2010 World Cup, where the Dutch finished as runners-up, as well as Euro 2008 and 2012.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »
Jordan Ayew (Lorient to Aston Villa)

Aston Villa have recruited striker Jordan Ayew from French side Lorient, the Premier League club said on Monday.

The 23-year-old Ghana international has signed a five-year contract at Villa Park.

"I am really pleased to bring Jordan to the football club," manager Tim Sherwood told the Villa website.

"He is a fantastic young player who is perfectly suited to the Premier League."