Watford
0 (0%)
West Bromwich Albion
0 (0%)
West Ham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 03, 2015, 12:43:34 PM

Author Topic: Barclays Premier League 2015/16  (Read 25387 times)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Re: Barclays Premier League 2015/16
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2015, 02:33:10 AM »
Failure to convert chances hurt Chelsea during Sunday's 3-0 loss at Manchester City but the champions have enough time to pick up the points they have dropped in their opening two matches, the club's summer recruit Asmir Begovic has said.

Bosnian international goalkeeper Begovic, who joined Chelsea from Stoke City on a four-year contract last month, got his first start on Sunday after first-choice Thibaut Courtois was suspended for his red card in the 2-2 draw against Swansea City.

Begovic said Chelsea failed to match the intensity of City in the first half but responded well in the second half.

"We came to get a win or at least a point. Man City had a point to prove and they came on aggressively from the start," the 28-year-old told the club's website (www.chelseafc.com).

"We didn't match that intensity in the first half, but we responded and in the second half had some chances and were more in control of the game.

"If you don't score it's difficult though and unfortunately they *-punched us with the second goal which killed the game."

Chelsea have conceded five goals in their first two Premier League games and Begovic is keen to get back to winning ways, starting with their visit to West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

"All we can do is get past this start, improve on the training ground, get our sharpness going and look to West Brom," Begovic added.

"It's still early so we have time to pick up the points we have lost but we need to get some results in the next couple of games to get our season going and then hopefully we can push on for the rest of the season."
Namotasapakawatoarahatosamasamputasa

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:30 AM »
Captain Vincent Kompany has scored in both of Manchester City's Premier League games this season but the clean sheets the club kept during the two wins gave the central defender more pleasure.

Last season's runners-up City won 3-0 at West Bromwich Albion in their league opener last week and Kompany headed in the second goal in the 79th minute on Sunday as his side defeated champions Chelsea by an identical margin.

"As a defender, it (his goal) isn't what I take most pride in. I'm very happy with the two clean sheets so far," the 29-year-old Belgian international told the club's website (www.mcfc.com).

"If I can contribute up front then great but the clean sheet is what makes me sleep well at night."

Kompany's team mate Sergio Aguero, who opened his account for the season on Sunday, has played down the significance of a five-point lead over Chelsea, who drew their first match 2-2 against Swansea City.

"The first goal is always important as it allowed the team to be calm," the 27-year-old Argetinian said.

"It was important to win because Chelsea are a difficult team, the last champions, but I don't think the five point gap is that significant at this stage."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2015, 02:37:32 AM »
West Bromwich Albion have rejected an offer for Saido Berahino from Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur and have no interest in selling the England under-21 striker, chairman Jeremy Peace said on Tuesday.

No financial details were disclosed but, according to media reports, Spurs bid 15 million pounds for the player.

"We have no interest in selling Saido," Peace said in a statement. "I know we are living in an age where no club can say 'never' about the possibility of selling a player however the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.

"We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."

Berahino, 22, has been linked with a move to Spurs throughout the transfer window that will end on Sept. 1.

He made 38 appearances in the Premier League last season, scoring 14 goals, and finished the campaign with 20 goals in all competitions.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2015, 02:39:03 AM »
New Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin claims he is close to full fitness and that both he and the team will continue to improve as the season progresses.

"To play for such a team like Manchester United is a beautiful thing," the 25-year-old Frenchman, who completed a 25 million pounds ($39 million) switch from Southampton during the close season, told the club's website (www.manutd.com).

"We look strong and, personally, I feel like I am getting closer to being 100 percent physically. I am not quite there yet but it will come."

"I have been pleased to be able to make some good interceptions, but I don't want to lose any balls when I have possession and that's what I will continue to improve upon," he added.

Back-to-back 1-0 wins over Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa have earned Louis van Gaal's side a maximum six points from their opening two fixtures but Schneiderlin expects the team to improve further.

"Two wins out of two is very good so far and a very good start to the Premier League," he said.

"We are happy after the results but still not 100 percent happy with the performances because we know we can still improve.

"In the Premier League, it's all about winning games to win titles, so sometimes you need to be able to get the victories when you don't have the best performance, and that's what we've done so far," he added.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2015, 02:44:14 AM »
Sunderland manager Dic.k Advocaat said he was considering changing his defensive strategy against Swansea on Saturday after his side conceded seven goals in their opening two Premier League games.

Sunderland, who scrapped through the relegation battle last season to finish 16th, have lost both their league matches and find themselves at the bottom of the league table.

Advocaat admitted he had no clue why his team's defence was so fragile.

"I didn't want to change the back-line already after one game," the 67-year-old manager was quoted as saying by the Sunderland Echo.

"But at the moment, there are players playing who I can't understand why they are playing that way. I cannot understand it, honestly. But there must be a reason and I hope that they can tell me."

The Sunderland full-backs have came under heavy criticism from the media, especially left-back Patrick van Aanholt who was continuously targeted by both Leicester City and Norwich City.

Advocaat refused to blame his full backs but admitted he needed to change a few tactics and switch to a more defensive strategy.

"I spoke to the players and told them that we like full-backs, who if the possibility comes, they go forward. But I've changed that. I've now set up a different way," the former Netherlands manager said.

"The first way for the back four is now defence. And then the opponent cannot get the kind of space they got at Leicester.

"Take care of your man, and beside that, if you can do a little bit more, then go forwards, otherwise not. We have to change the basic facts."

Defender Billy Jones also expressed his disappointment but said he was keen to get back to winning ways, starting by making a statement against Swansea.

"Obviously I'm just massively disappointed because we've let ourselves down again," the 28-year-old said of his club's loss to Norwich.

"We gave ourselves a mountain to climb being 2-0 down at half-time through two disappointing goals from our point of view.

"The only way we can kick start it (our season) is by winning games and we've got a massive chance to do that against Swansea.

"Obviously everyone knows what a good team Swansea are so that'll be a statement in itself to beat them on our home turf and beat them with a good performance."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2015, 06:29:30 AM »
Gokhan Inler (Napoli to Leicester)

Leicester City have confirmed the signing of Switzerland captain Gokhan Inler on a three-year-contract from Italian club Napoli for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old midfielder, who has 84 caps for Switzerland, becomes the Foxes' sixth summer signing and could debut against Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend if his registration is confirmed, according to a statement on Leicester's website (www.lcfc.com).

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »
Manchester City have signed Argentina centre back Nicolas Otamendi from Valencia on a five-year contract, the two clubs said on Thursday.

"Recognised as one of the continent's best central defenders, Otamendi leaves Valencia where his performances earned him a place in La Liga's 2014-15 Team of the Season," City said on their website (www.mcfc.com).

"The Argentine international follows Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph to the Etihad Stadium and will wear the number 30 shirt," they added.

Valencia also confirmed the deal on their website (www.valenciacf.com).

Neither club cited the fee, though Spanish media reported a figure of 45 million euros.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2015, 05:00:43 AM »
When Leicester City lost at home to Chelsea in late April it briefly stalled their dash for Premier League survival and left their opponents one victory away from claiming the title.

Chelsea went on to claim the crown and Leicester, with a stunning sequence of results, stayed up.

But not even Leicester's most optimistic followers could have envisaged then that, a few months later with Claudio Ranieri now at the helm, they would be hosting Tottenham Hotspur with a chance to top the table with a maximum nine points.

Likewise, Chelsea's fans could hardly have expected their club to be mired in an early-season trough that, with a certain sequence of results this weekend, could leave Jose Mourinho's side bottom of the table.

That is the unlikely scenario in store, however.

Wins against Sunderland and West Ham United mean Leicester have collected 28 points from the last 33 available -- the best tally of any side in the top flight.

With confidence surging, goals flowing and a stuttering Tottenham visiting on Saturday, Leicester have every reason to expect their form to continue for another week at least.

Algerian Riyad Mahrez leads the league scoring charts with three goals while the likes of James Vardy and midfielder Marc Albrighton have excelled.

This week's signing of Switzerland captain Gokhan Inler from Italian club Napoli has added to the feel-good factor sweeping the east Midlands.

Not that Ranieri is letting the players get ahead of themselves.

"I put the ice on their heads to keep them cool so we maintain a low profile," the Italian said.

"That is important for us."

Champions Chelsea are still looking for their first victory, having conceded five goals in their opening two games -- including a chastening 3-0 defeat at Manchester City last week when skipper John Terry was substituted at halftime.

It is their worst start for 17 years and they will hope to get back on track on Sunday at West Bromwich Albion who themselves only have one point.

After the distraction of Mourinho's public dressing down for club doctor Eva Carneiro and speculation about talismanic Terry's 'demise', Chelsea could do with a big statement of intent at the Hawthorns where they lost 3-0 in May having already secured the title.

Manchester United and City will both be seeking to maintain their 100 percent starts to the season, with United, who host Newcastle United on Saturday, buoyant after taking a huge step towards the Champions League group phase with a 3-1, first leg victory over Club Bruges at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

City, ahead of Leicester on goal difference at the top, face a trip to Everton.

After two 1-0 defeats, newcomers Bournemouth visit West Ham looking for their first ever top flight points. Only Sunderland, who host Swansea City, are also without a point after two games.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »
Sunderland loan signing Yann M'Vila says his team must concentrate on cutting out defensive errors that contributed to their poor start to the Premier League season.

Sunderland find themselves at the bottom of the league table after losing both their games and having conceded seven goals.

"For me, we made our own problems as a team against Norwich. There were too many errors. The manager has said our objective first and foremost should be to defend," the 25-year-old was quoted as saying by the Chronicle.

M'Vila, who made his debut in the 3-1 loss to newly promoted Norwich City on Saturday, says the Black Cats' problems are more to do with lack of concentration than a crisis of confidence.

"If you communicate and concentrate, then you prevent the goals or the mistakes. We have been working hard this week but we must maintain our concentration to fulfil our objectives," the France international said.

"I don't think it is a matter of confidence. It is more of a problem of concentration.

"If we can get that better, I think we can do better this weekend because we have been training really hard this week," he added.

The midfielder expects a significant improvement when Swansea City visit the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

"Swansea are coming to us in front of our supporters. They have seen us concede too many goals in the last two matches," M'Vila said.

"We need to put in a performance for the supporters because they are our family.

"We need to give something back to them because it has been difficult for them," he added.

Summer recruit Younes Kaboul has echoed the concerns of his team mate, but is keen to make amends against the Swans.

"I don't know (what's gone wrong), I can't tell you because if I had the answer we wouldn't have lost the second game. We need to be better and we will get better," the 29-year-old said.

"We're really impatient for the game to start, then we can crack on.

"When you're a professional, you know what can be wrong and what's good. It can't always be perfect so you need to learn from that.

"In this world, you always learn every day at any age. So we've learned from the two games so far and we'll make sure that we're ready for Swansea on Saturday." the former Tottenham Hotspur defender added.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »
Pedro (Barcelona to Chelsea)

Spain forward Pedro has agreed to join English Premier League champions Chelsea from Barcelona, the clubs said on Thursday.

Chelsea will pay 30 million euros ($33.54 million) for the player, three of which will be based on performance, the Spanish champions said on their website (www.fcbarcelona.es).

The length of the contract was not revealed.

"I am very happy to be here. I am very excited to start my adventure at Chelsea and I am here to keep winning titles," Pedro told the club website (www.chelseafc.com).

"Thanks to the club and the supporters for giving me the opportunity to put the blue shirt on."

A product of the Catalan club's youth academy, Tenerife-born Pedro made his debut for the Spanish and European champions in a La Liga match against Real Murcia in 2008.

The pacy 28-year-old cemented his place in the first team under coach Pep Guardiola and in 2009 became the first player to score in six different competitions in a calendar year as Barca swept the Champions League, Spanish league and Cup, Spanish and European Super Cup and Club World Cup titles.

Known as "Pedrito" for his diminutive size, he made his first appearance for Spain in a warm-up game for the 2010 World Cup against Saudi Arabia and went on to help La Roja claim their debut global crown in South Africa.

He was also part of the successful Spain squad at Euro 2012 as Spain secured a second consecutive continental crown.

Pedro no longer commanded a regular place in the Barca starting lineup following the arrival of Uruguay striker Luis Suarez last year.

Coach Luis Enrique used him mainly as a substitute in 2014-15 and he came on in the Champions League final to set up Neymar to score the third goal in a 3-1 victory over Juventus.

At Chelsea, he will join up with Spain colleagues Diego Costa and Cesar Azpilicueta, as well as Cesc Fabregas, with whom he played at Barca between 2011 and 2014.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2015, 09:12:20 AM »
Tonight matches

MU vs Newcastle
Crystal Palace vs Villa
Leicester vs Tottenham
Norwich vs Stoke
Sunderland vs Swansea
Westham vs Bournemouth

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2015, 09:21:15 AM »
Manchester United vs Newcastle United

Sergio Romero will continue in goal for Manchester United's home game against Newcastle because David de Gea is still unable to focus following Real Madrid's interest in him, according to Louis van Gaal.

The United manager remains without centre-back Phil Jones (mild thrombosis) and defender Marcos Rojo is unlikely to feature as he lacks match sharpness.

Van Gaal is considering handing #~ Schweinsteiger his first start, but fellow midfielder Marouane Fellaini is suspended.

Van Gaal has backed Ed Woodward to bring to the best players in the world to Old Trafford despite recent criticism of the United executive vice-chairman.

Woodward has enjoyed a number of hits in the transfer market this summer, most notably in the capture of Memphis Depay - who was wanted by Paris St Germain - and the signing of former Bayern Munich star Schweinsteiger.

But the failure to tempt Sergio Ramos to swap Real Madrid for United prompted criticism.

And that criticism continued when former target Pedro signed for Chelsea, rather than United, on Thursday.

Despite the events of the last couple of weeks, there is no sign of a rift between Van Gaal and Woodward.

''I have the idea you want to separate Ed Woodward with me. Never. Never,'' the United boss said in a spiky press conference.

''Because every day I am updated by him and I trust him.

''I don't think they (the critics) have to doubt Ed Woodward because he has proven already for many, many years he is the right person on the right spot.''

United were aware for some time that Pedro wanted to leave Barcelona after becoming frustrated by a lack of first-team football.

It was reported that Woodward flew into Barcelona on Monday in an attempt to finalise a deal for the 28-year-old, who had a buy-out clause of 30 million euros (B£21.5million) written into his contract.

But three days later, the World Cup winner signed for Chelsea.

Senior sources at Old Trafford insisted this week that it was Van Gaal, not Pedro, who pulled the plug on United's pursuit of the forward and the United boss seemed to corroborate that idea on Friday.

''I think when we want Pedro it was not any problem because there was a clause in his contract,'' Van Gaal said.

''It was the easiest transfer. I have said before what we are doing is guiding a process and in that process we make decisions.''

New signing Florian Thauvin goes straight into the squad for Newcastle.

The 22-year-old former Marseille winger is included just days after completing his switch to Tyneside, and he could yet be joined by fellow midfielder Moussa Sissoko, who is recovering well from the groin problem which forced his premature withdrawal at Swansea last weekend, but remains a doubt.

Holland midfielder Siem de Jong is back in training after a shin injury, as is defender Paul Dummett, who is yet to feature this season because of a * problem, but full-back Daryl Janmaat is suspended following his sending-off at the Liberty Stadium.

Head coach Steve McClaren has revealed that Thauvin is likely to be the club's last summer signing.

He said: "I'm very pleased with what we have got, very pleased. I think that's it for now - but how many times have you heard, 'That's it for now' with 10 days to go of the window?"

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
Norwich vs Stoke

Norwich boss Alex Neil has no new injury concerns ahead of the Premier League game against Stoke at Carrow Road on Saturday.

The Canaries are likely to stick with the same starting line-up that achieved a 3-1 victory at Sunderland last weekend as they look to take their first home points of the new campaign.

The clash with Stoke comes too soon for both defender Martin Olsson (shoulder) and forward Kyle Lafferty (knee) but both are set to return to contention ahead of their next league outing at Southampton while Ricky van Wolfswinkel may yet feature having scored for the under-21 side in midweek.

Norwich will be confident of picking up their first points in front of their own fans after losing to Crystal Palace on the opening day.

"The players deserve all the plaudits that they're getting at the moment, but the Sunderland game is done and we need to move on to the next one," Neil said.

"We played really well again. I thought we played really well in the first game against Crystal Palace, albeit we didn't get a result. I think the players will take a lot of confidence from the manner with which we played, and the fact that we won the game so convincingly.

"We want to make sure that our home form is good, and hopefully we can start that on Saturday."

Stoke manager Mark Hughes is encouraged by what he has seen from his team so far this season, despite it only yielding a single point.

The Potters opened their 2015-16 Barclays Premier League campaign with a 1-0 home loss to Liverpool, then fought back from 2-0 down at half-time to draw 2-2 at Tottenham last weekend.

Hughes said: "In early-season games, ideally you want maximum points.

"But you take encouragement from the level of performance you're able to produce.

"Certainly against Liverpool we deserved something, and at Spurs, we should perhaps have had maximum points.

"So in terms of performance, we are quite happy. Results-wise, we feel we should probably have more points on the board, but that will come if we keep the level of performances that we've produced up to this point.

"We're encouraged by what we have done in the first two games, certainly."

Regarding the comeback at Spurs, Hughes added: "We need to build on that.

"For the second 45 minutes we were excellent - if we can replicate what we produced in that second half then we'll be more than happy because it was a top-level performance."

Stoke now have B£12million record signing Xherdan Shaqiri available and another playmaker, Bojan Krkic, back fit after long-term injury.

Record signing Shaqiri can now be selected after a one-game ban denied him his debut in the Tottenham match last Saturday - the same day Bojan completed 90 minutes for the Potters' under-21s side as he stepped up his recovery from a long-term knee injury.

Norwich target Jon Walters is expected to be available despite having recently felt ill, but there is considerable competition for places these days in the Stoke attack.

Meanwhile, defender Marc Wilson could make his maiden first-team appearance of the season having shaken off an ankle complaint.

Striker Peter Odemwingie (*) is still sidelined along with defender Ryan Shawcross (back).

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa

Crystal Palace have no new injury worries ahead of the visit of Aston Villa.

Goalkeeper Julian Speroni (finger) and striker Marouane Chamakh (*) are back in training but will not be risked just yet.

Boss Alan Pardew is considering adding winger Bakary Sako to the squad for the first time since his summer switch from Wolves.

Tim Sherwood's new-look squad were narrowly beaten by Manchester United last Friday having got off the mark with a victory at Bournemouth on the opening day, and Pardew is expecting a tough encounter.

"They've started well. Obviously Tim has bought in a whole new batch of players and it's difficult to get them to know exactly what you want," he said.

"I'm sure he's not there yet but in the two games they have played they have looked pretty cohesive and Tim will be pleased with that, and obviously they have talent.

"I think all teams at the start of the season are dangerous, because most of them have not had a bloody nose. They all have their ambitions for the season intact, no one has knocked it out of them yet.

"We think we will have a great season, Villa do, West Brom do, Watford do. It's a tough period to win games in the Premier League, that's why the top teams don't go flying away at the start because everybody carries that ambition.

"Aston Villa will come here expecting to win, there's no reason to doubt that. They won at Bournemouth, they'll win away again. So it will be a really good battle to grab the initiative."

Jack Grealish could be in the Villa squad for the first time this season.

The 19-year-old midfielder made a goalscoring return from a * injury for the under-21 team on Monday. Carles Gil (ankle) and new signing Adama Traore also played in that game to build up their fitness and may be involved at Selhurst Park.

Jores Okore remains out with a knee injury while Jose Angel Crespo is still working his way back from a groin problem.

"We need Jack and Carles," said Sherwood.

"It is unfortunate that two of the most creative players in the side have been injured at the same time. Now they are getting back to fitness, it will change us going forward.

"I think they could play together. If anyone watched them play for the under-21s, you can see they suit each other's game. They pass the ball to each other and they enjoy each other's company.

"They are very offensive players with a good technical ability so they can take us forward."

Sherwood admits his young side will face a tough test at Selhurst Park against a vastly more experienced Palace team.

He said: "They have got some very good players and Alan is a very good manager.

"They are a side full of men. They have pace on the counter-attack and we have to be ready for that. They bring teams on to them and spring on you with the pace of Zaha, Bolasie, Puncheon.

"But we have to be ready for that and I want to show far more attacking threat than we did against Manchester United."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2015, 09:30:26 AM »
Leicester vs Tottenham

Gokhan Inler could make his Leicester debut against Tottenham after joining from Napoli this week.

The midfielder does not want to be compared to Esteban Cambiasso after penning a three-year deal from Napoli.

Boss Claudio Ranieri has been searching for a replacement for Cambiasso after the midfielder opted to leave at the end of his contract this summer and join Olympiacos.

But Switzerland captain Inler dismissed suggestions he is a direct replacement for the ex-Argentina international as he looks to make his mark at the Foxes.

He said: "This is a good question but for me the squad is important. I know what you said but first of all it is the team. I will give my best, give my quality to the team.

"When we win, we win together. When we lose, we lose together. It doesn't matter whether I play like Esteban or not.

"My experience is different, I had also high level games. I also play in a national team with young players and my experience is good for the young players. I can show them how they are and how they can play. I will give my positive energy to them."

Ranieri is yet to decide whether Inler will make his debut against Tottenham on Saturday but he has no fresh injury worries with only Matty James recovering from a long-term knee injury and Christian Fuchs expected to shake off an illness.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino will decide whether to throw new signing Clinton N'Jie straight into the squad.

Midfielder Andros Townsend is not available for the match due to an ankle injury.

Striker Harry Kane has recovered from a tight calf which saw him substituted during last weekend's 2-2 draw against Stoke.

Pochettino wants Tottenham to develop a mean defensive streak after a slow start to the season.

Spurs narrowly lost the opening match 1-0 away to Manchester United and should have beaten Stoke only to let a 2-0 lead slip during the closing stages.

Leicester, by contrast, have made an excellent start under new manager Ranieri, following up the 4-2 rout of Sunderland with victory at West Ham.

Pochettino, though, is determined to keep a sense of perspective as his side look to tighten up at the back.

"The season is very long and we need to keep the same level, improve defensively and be more consistent," the Argentinian said.

"People will say that we need (to buy) offensive players, but we need to be more consistent because we conceded a lot of goals last season.

"It wasn't a problem to score - it was conceding goals (which cost Spurs) and we need to improve that this season."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »
Sunderland vs Swansea

Sunderland manager **** Advocaat has promised his under-fire players will do what it takes to win over the club's fans at the Stadium of Light on Saturday against Swansea.

Dutchman Advocaat, 67, has watched his side capitulate in their opening two Barclays Premier League matches this season with inept displays throughout his line-up being met with furious criticism.

Former defender Michael Gray, working for local radio, delivered a withering verdict after last week's 3-1 home defeat to Norwich, while Match of the Day * Alan Shearer - a Newcastle favourite - has claimed the Black Cats are already "doomed".

Advocaat described his side's form as "frightening" after the latest disappointment against Norwich and held clear-the-air talks on Sunday with his players, who held a further meeting of their own later in the week.

"After the game we always have training and a meeting. This time it took a bit longer because the players could also say something," he said.

"During the week they had a meeting with only the players, but it's only positive.

"I understand a little bit the (media) comments and the articles, but normally the panic starts in March or April, but it seems to have started now and that's quite early."

Advocaat confirmed summer signing Younes Kaboul will play no part against Swansea due to a knee injury, while Spanish midfielder Jordi Gomez remains sidelined with a similar problem.

Swansea manager Garry Monk expects a "dangerous" Sunderland after their early-season problems.

"The last two games are out there, everyone's seen them, but I think they'll be dangerous," he said.

"I've been in positions before when I've put in performances that have been criticised and your reaction as a person, as a player and a team is to bounce straight back, especially at home in front of your own fans.

"I'm sure that's what they're going to do.

"There's probably a bit of a timing issue for us going up there.

"We expect them to be a lot more drilled, a lot more organised than they have been and a lot more determined.

"I think you'll see that in their game so we're expecting a different Sunderland side to the one you've seen in the last two games.

"The bottom line is they have good players and it's only two performances."

South Korean midfielder Ki Sung-yueng remains a doubt with a * problem.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »
West Ham vs Bournemouth

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic is wary of a Bournemouth backlash in Saturday's Premier League clash at Upton Park.

The Hammers boss believes the newly-promoted Cherries were unlucky in their opening losses to Aston Villa and Liverpool, when a controversial Christian Benteke goal denied Eddie Howe's side.

West Ham, meanwhile, followed up a win at title-chasing Arsenal with defeat at home to Leicester.

"I watched both games and of course you can say they deserved something from each one of them," Bilic said of Bournemouth.

"They weren't second best in the first game against Villa and at Anfield the game was very even.

"Okay, Liverpool had better chances, they scored a goal, they hit the bar, had a couple of blocked shots, but in open play it was Bournemouth for me. They were a bit unlucky.

"I expect a very dynamic game. I expect a physical game but also, on the other hand, I saw the way they are passing the ball. Their first idea is always to pass the ball.

"They play good football. They are mixing it, but every time they get a chance to pass they pass it. It's a very good team."

The Hammers have key players absent, with goalkeeper Adrian beginning a three-match suspension following his sending-off against Leicester.

Republic of Ireland international Darren Randolph is expected to replace Adrian despite his poor record against the Cherries.

Randolph was the goalkeeper for a Birmingham side who conceded 16 times to Bournemouth in three successive games, including an 8-0 loss last October.

Mauro Zarate (*) has joined fellow strikers Enner Valencia (leg) and Andy Carroll (knee) in the treatment room, while midfielder Reece Oxford is a doubt after missing a few days' training this week due to a *.

Eddie Howe accepts that Bournemouth's image could be undermining them.

The club's remarkable rise from almost exiting the Football League to the Premier League, their attractive brand of football, and Howe's boyish appearance have combined to make them many neutral's favourites.

Howe - though reluctant to encourage a different approach - recognises that greater aggression may have helped their cause in their opening two matches.

"We go to these managers' meetings and we're told; 'Don't get in the referee's face, don't swear at the referees, give them the respect they deserve', and I'm a firm believer that you respect the official and you respect the decision," the Bournemouth manager said.

"But then you're accused, when you don't get the decisions, of being too nice. You're not going to change the decision, that's for sure. By surrounding the referee you're not going to change his mind, I was surprised (referee Craig Pawson) gave the free-kick against Tommy Elphick in the first place. For me, even live, it was a goal, there was no problem.

"So I'm not going to have my players chasing referees and we end up getting big fines. I do think potentially we could have made more of (Elphick's disallowed effort), it may have had a difference with the offside (for Benteke's goal), who knows?

"But I don't think you change decisions, I haven't seen too many changed in my time.

"You can't say what you truly feel, you end up with fines and suspensions and that's not right in bringing the club's name into areas that you don't want.

"We just hope that the officials get the big decisions right, that's all we can ask. And I'm sure the referees, as well, want a fair game, and decisions based on merit."

Howe is expected to retain the same team for the trip to West Ham.

Howe again has Shaun MacDonald available after the midfielder recovered from a toe injury but remains without Harry Arter, who has a groin injury, and Christian Atsu, who has a back problem.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »
John O'Shea, the experienced Ireland defender, has been recalled by struggling Sunderland for Saturday's home game against Swansea City, manager **** Advocaat said on Friday.

The Dutchman told reporters that centre-half Younes Kaboul, who has had an uncomfortable start since his recent transfer from Tottenham Hotspur, has a knee injury

"John O'Shea will play," Advocaat said. "He has leadership and quality. He is a real captain."

The former Manchester United defender had missed out in the opening defeats against Leicester and Norwich, when Kaboul was partnered with Sebastian Coates from Liverpool.

"We had to look forward and those guys are younger and quicker," Advocaat said in justification of his choices. "John was not in his best shape and he knows that as well."

The performances against two teams tipped for relegation dismayed Sunderland supporters and Advocaat, who had originally planned to leave his temporary job at the end of last season, knows his team must improve significantly.

"The spirit is something we have discussed," he said.

"This team has to go to the edge fighting wise and spirit wise, and we didn’t do that.

"They understand totally that we have to fight from the first to the last minute to get a result, but also to get the fans behind us and we will do that against Swansea, there is no doubt about that."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2015, 09:52:32 AM »
Signing defender Federico Fazio from Tottenham Hotspur does not mean that coveted striker Saido Berahino will move in the opposite direction, West Bromwich Albion's manager Tony Pulis said on Friday.

He told a news conference that Argentinian centre-half Fazio was expected to complete a transfer after having a medical because he wanted more first-team football since being squeezed out of the Spurs first team.

"He wants to show that he can not only compete but do well in the Premier League and I think that ambition, drive and desire is what you need in your club," Pulis said.

"He's been a top player for Sevilla and I think he will be a top signing for the club.

"That deal has absolutely nothing to do with Saido's position at the football club. We want Saido to stay. You never say never but we want him to stay and I think it would be in his best interests."

Tottenham have admitted needing another striker and are reported to have had at least one bid for the England under-21 international turned down.

Speculation that they will get their man has increased since Albion paid a club record fee of 12 million pounds to Zenit St Petersburg for striker Salomon Rondon.

The continuing uncertainty has annoyed Pulis, who believes that transfers should not be permitted once the league season starts.

"It's ridiculous that we're in the third week of the season and still talking about players coming and going," he said.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »
#~ Schweinsteiger has been handed his first competitive start for Manchester United in their Premier League meeting with Newcastle.

Schweinsteiger, 31, signed for United from Bayern in the summer for a reported fee of £14 million.

The Germany international has made three appearances from the substitutes' bench so far for Louis van Gaal's side.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »
Rooney scores in the 2nd minute but was ruled offside  :phew:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
22' MU 0-0 Newcastle

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »
35' MU 0-0 Newcastle

Shot on target 6-0

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »
Half time: MU 0-0 Newcastle

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2015, 09:10:11 PM »
Substitution, Manchester United. Michael Carrick replaces #~ Schweinsteiger.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »
Substitution, Manchester United. Javier Hernández replaces Adnan Januzaj.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »
15 minutes to go for 0-0

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »
Substitution, Newcastle United. Cheick Tioté replaces Ayoze Pérez.

Substitution, Manchester United. Antonio Valencia replaces Matteo Darmian.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2015, 09:35:11 PM »
So disappointed to MU attacking and of course Tim Krul makes a few great saves  :sweat:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »
FT MU 0-0 Newcastle

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:47 PM »
FULL TIME
MU 0-0 Newcastle

18'
Crystal Palace 0-0 Villa
Leicester 0-0 Tottenham
Norwich 0-1 Stoke
Sunderland 0-0 Swansea
Westham 0-1 Bournemouth

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2015, 10:52:18 PM »
FULL TIME
MU 0-0 Newcastle

37 minutes
Crystal Palace 0-0 Villa

Leicester 0-0 Tottenham

Norwich 1-1 Stoke
(Norwich City 0, Stoke City 1. Mame Biram Diouf (Stoke City) header from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Xherdan Shaqiri with a cross following a set piece situation.)
(Norwich City 1, Stoke City 1. Russell Martin (Norwich City) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Nathan Redmond.)

Sunderland 0-0 Swansea

Westham 0-2 Bournemouth
(West Ham United 0, Bournemouth 1. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Simon Francis.)
(West Ham United 0, Bournemouth 2. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal.)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »
FULL TIME
MU 0-0 Newcastle

37 minutes
Crystal Palace 0-0 Villa

Leicester 0-0 Tottenham

Norwich 1-1 Stoke
(Norwich City 0, Stoke City 1. Mame Biram Diouf (Stoke City) header from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Xherdan Shaqiri with a cross following a set piece situation.)
(Norwich City 1, Stoke City 1. Russell Martin (Norwich City) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Nathan Redmond.)

Sunderland 0-1 Swansea
(Sunderland 0, Swansea City 1. Bafétimbi Gomis (Swansea City) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Kyle Naughton.)

Westham 0-2 Bournemouth
(West Ham United 0, Bournemouth 1. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Simon Francis.)
(West Ham United 0, Bournemouth 2. Callum Wilson (Bournemouth) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal.)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »
FULL TIME
MU 0-0 Newcastle
75'
Crystal Palace 0-0 Villa
Leicester 0-0 Tottenham
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Sunderland 1-1 Swansea
Westham 2-3 Bournemouth

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »
FULL TIME
MU 0-0 Newcastle
Crystal Palace 2-1 Villa
Leicester 1-1 Tottenham
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Sunderland 1-1 Swansea
Westham 3-4 Bournemouth

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says the club's supporters should trust him if he decides not to buy any further replacements before the transfer window closes on Sept. 1.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea has been Arsenal's only major signing this summer but Wenger said that although his main Premier League rivals have been busier, he will be happy to get through to January at least without any other recruits.

"Even if I look everywhere and listen to everybody at the end of the day I have to make the decisions," he told reporters on Friday.

"If I just listen to people’s opinion, many players who have signed here starting with Vieira, Anelka and Henry would never have signed.

"It is difficult because there’s more money in football, more clubs with big resources, and less players available. The funds are there more than the players who could strengthen the squad. That is a big problem."

Wenger, by far the longest-serving manager in English football after joining Arsenal in 1996, has previously said the window should close once the league season starts.

"We want to develop players as well rather than over-thinking whether to buy," he said.

"I’m not against buying when it is a plus for your team. If it’s just to buy a player at the level of the players that you have to make people happy, I’m not ready for that."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2015, 07:16:49 AM »
New Liverpool recruit Joe Gomez is enjoying life in the first team after the 18-year-old forced his way into the side as a surprise starter in the Merseyside club's opening two Premier League fixtures.

Gomez agreed a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee when he joined Liverpool from Charlton Athletic in June and although he is primarily regarded as a central defender, he has played as a left-back in the 1-0 wins over Stoke City and Bournemouth.

The Englishman admitted he did not expect to make an instant impact at the club, even thinking he could be sent out on loan, but a strong pre-season tour appears to have convinced manager Brendan Rodgers to promote him straight into the first team.

"To be fair, it probably hasn't really sunk in yet. I think it will over time, but at the moment I'm just trying to keep going and keep working," Gomez told the club website (www.liverpoolfc.com).

"It's definitely been far more than I expected, to come in and play the first two games. I knew there was a possibility of me going out on loan, but this was the aim... to try to get into the team.

Gomez, however, is refusing to get too complacent, insisting there is still a long way to go in the season.

"It's early doors and only two games into a long season, so I know there's still a lot of hard work to be done. I have to keep working hard to try to stay in the team," the England under-19 international added.

Liverpool's next fixture is a tough trip to North London on Monday for a high-profile fixture against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, a venue where they lost 4-1 last season.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino was angry after his side surrendered the lead for the second straight week in a 1-1 Premier League draw at in-form Leicester City on Saturday.

Having been held 2-2 at home by Stoke City last week after leading 2-0, Spurs went ahead at Leicester with midfielder Dele Alli's first goal for the club after his move from MK Dons.

The lead, however, lasted 90 seconds before the impressive Riyad Mahrez equalised with a superb curling effort.

Having lost 1-0 at Manchester United on the opening day of the season, Tottenham have collected just two points from three matches and sit 15th in the table.

"I am angry and disappointed, not frustrated," Pochettino told the BBC. "The mistake (of conceding after scoring) we made today is difficult to explain.

"I am disappointed with the draw. Last game against Stoke we lost a 2-0 lead and we did it again. We deserved more again but it is a shame.

"We need to work hard to be more focused and more aggressive after we score because this is the second game we concede the draw when we deserve more."

Striker Harry Kane cut a forlorn figure for much of the game while Spurs lack of creativity was horribly exposed in the absence of playmaker Christian Eriksen with a knee injury.

Argentina forward Erik Lamela replaced the Dane but he was largely ineffective and Pochettino said before the game that the need to add more support up front for Kane, who netted 31 goals in all competitions last season, was "obvious".

Leicester maintained their Premier League status with a stunning run of form last season and have carried that momentum into the new campaign under new manager Claudio Ranieri.

Led by exciting Algeria winger Mahrez, Leicester top the fledgling table with seven points from three matches.

"I am happy, My players have a fantastic spirit," said Ranieri. "It was an outstanding goal and Riyad Mahrez is a very good player. Skill makes the difference and Mahrez has very, very good skill."

Despite an impressive start, however, the Italian said preserving their top flight status remained paramount.

"It is important to maintain our place in the Premier League. Seven points, 33 less (than the perceived 40 point safety line), that is important for us."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Promoted Bournemouth announced their arrival in the top flight with a bang after Callum Wilson's hat-trick sealed their first-ever Premier League victory in a 4-3 success at West Ham United on Saturday.

The south coast side, who lost their two opening games 1-0, led 2-0 at halftime thanks to a double from Wilson but West Ham levelled through a Mark Noble penalty and Cheikhou Kouyate goal.

Marc Pugh nudged Bournemouth ahead again before Wilson converted a spot kick, after West Ham defender Carl Jenkinson was dismissed, to complete his treble before Modibo Maiga pulled a goal back in the 82nd to set up a tense finish.

Manchester United's 100 percent start ended when they were held to a goalless draw against a battling Newcastle United at Old Trafford.

Tottenham Hotspur ended Leicester City's perfect start under new manager Claudio Ranieri with a 1-1 draw after the impressive Riyad Mahrez cancelled out Dele Alli's first Spurs goal.

Leciester lead the standings with seven points ahead of Manchester United on goal difference with Manchester City, who visit Everton on Sunday, in third on six points.

Champions Chelsea, who have one point from their first two games, travel to West Browmich Albion also on Sunday.

THRILLING ATTACK

Bournemouth had won many plaudits during their opening two defeats and made the perfect start when Wilson volleyed home a superb 11th-minute opener before capitalising on a defensive error to double the lead 17 minutes later.

The hosts, under new manager Slaven Bilic, roared back after the break with quick fire goals from Noble -- who converted a penalty following Josh King's foul -- and Kouyate.

Despite surrendering their commanding lead, Bournemouth remained dangerous every time they pushed forward and regained the advantage when Pugh scored after another impressive attacking move.

Wilson, Bournemouth's top scorer last season, completed his hat-trick with a 79th minute penalty after Jenkinson had been sent off for bringing down Max Gradel.

West Ham's response was emphatic with Maiga surging through the middle to stroke the ball home but Bournemouth held on to send their visiting fans into raptures.

"It was great to get off to a start with three points and I'm delighted for the team," Wilson told Sky Sports.

"The main thing is the points. We've scored a few goals today which gets a bit of confidence in the team.

"It shows people we can score goals in this league and hopefully we can pick up more points along the way."

FRUSTRATING UNITED

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney had made a mediocre start to the season but began brightly against Newcastle although he had a sixth-minute effort chalked off.

United's Juan Mata was twice denied by keeper Tim Krul and Memphis Depay was a constant threat but they nearly conceded against the run of play when Newcastle's close-season signing Aleksandar Mitrovic rattled the bar with a thunderous header.

The hosts handed a first league start to World Cup winner #~ Schweinsteiger and the German was solid yet unspectacular before being substituted in the 59th minute.

The game burst into life with a frantic final 10 minutes as home striker Javier Hernandez was denied by a fine Krul save before Newcastle defender and man-of-the-match Fabricio Coloccini produced a superb block to thwart Antonio Valencia.

Chris Smalling headed against the post for the hosts while Papiss Cisse was just wide after a counter-attack by Newcastle, who now have two points from three matches.

"It was a very important result for us," said Coloccini as Newcastle ended a run of seven successive away league defeats. "We worked really hard.

Crystal Palace's Bakary Sako snatched a late winner as they beat Aston Villa 2-1, while Stoke City, who handed record signing Swiss Xherdan Shaqiri his league debut, drew 1-1 at Norwich City with Russell Martin equalising for the home side after Mame Biram Diouf headed the visitors in front.

Jermaine Defoe secured Sunderland's first point of the season with the equaliser in a 1-1 draw at home to Swansea City after Bafetimbi Gomis netted his third league goal in as many matches this season on the stroke of halftime.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal on Friday played down the club's interest in signing Pedro from Barcelona after the Spanish international decided to join Premier League champions Chelsea instead.

He also defended executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who was widely reported to have flown to Barcelona to tie up the deal and said goalkeeper David De Gea would be staying.

Van Gaal stressed that United were still an attractive option for any player they wanted to bring to the club.

"I think when Manchester United wants a player he shall come, besides when a club is not selling. It is the same with us. We are not selling De Gea."

He blamed the media for exaggerating his interest in Pedro.

"When you ask me if Pedro is fitting in the profile, I cannot lie, then I said yes, but I don't say I am interested in the player, that's the difference," the Dutchman told a news conference.

"I think if we want Pedro it was not any problem because there was a (release) clause in his contract. It was the easiest transfer," he added.

"What is written in the newspapers is not true, you cannot know it. Only the players know it and the clubs know it.

"I have the idea you want to separate Ed Woodward from me. Never. Never. Every day I'm updated by him and I trust him."

The Dutchman would not comment on speculation linking United with Southampton's Senegal forward Sadio Mane, saying that with a squad of 28 players he was not under any pressure to make new signings.

Memphis Depay, recruited before the start of the season, was impressive as United beat Bruges 3-1 in the first leg of their Champions League qualifying round match on Tuesday, giving them a third win out of three.

They host Newcastle United on Saturday, when Van Gaal said De Gea would again not feature.

He has not played this season after the manager said the stopper was not focused because of transfer speculation linking him to Real Madrid in his native Spain.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
BPL matches tonight

20:30
West Bromwich Albion vs Chelsea
23:00
Everton vs Manchester City
23:00
Watford vs Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
WBA vs Chelsea

West Brom manager Tony Pulis believes any talk of a Chelsea crisis is a joke and fears a Jose Mourinho backlash.

Pulis is wary of facing the reigning Barclays Premier League champions despite their slow start to the season.

Chelsea travel to The Hawthorns on Sunday looking for their first win of the campaign after being humbled 3-0 at title rivals Manchester City last week.

The Baggies beat Chelsea 3-0 at home at the end of last season but, even after their stuttering opening, Pulis dismissed suggestions the champions are in trouble.

"There's a crisis at every Premier League team," he said. "It is a joke what you just said. A crisis after two games? This isn't a comedy show.

"They could have Pedro, (Diego) Costa and (Eden) Hazard playing, that's not bad is it?

"They're the champions and they deserved to win it. They were so far ahead of everyone.

"We know it's going to be tough. To have Man City and Chelsea as our first two home games is very difficult, plus we have the window to deal with."

Pulis, whose move for Tottenham's Federico Fazio is on hold after talks broke down over personal terms on Friday, could hand record signing Salomon Rondon his home debut.

Pedro could also make his Chelsea bow after joining from Barcelona this week while Mourinho must make a call over whether to start John Terry.

The skipper was substituted at half-time in last week's defeat at Manchester City but Pulis insisted Mourinho must be respected and knows Chelsea are hurting.

"There's no bigger manager in the world than Jose. I find him a different person away from the cameras, I like him. I admire what he's achieved, it's remarkable," he said.

"He deserves respect, there are always little chinks but whenever I've dealt with him he's been first-class.

"There's never a good time to play Chelsea. When we beat them last season they had a player sent off, people forget that.

"That was a good time to play them, before the game I wasn't so sure. We'll be facing a wounded animal."

Mourinho is keeping his cool despite Chelsea's worst start to a Premier League season in 17 years.

"Do we have to improve? Obviously. Always," Mourinho said.

"We are calm, not happy, but calm. We need that. We need to be unhappy because that feeling makes you work better, better than ever when the results are not good and to be calm is very, very important too."

Chelsea signed left-back Baba Rahman and forward Pedro this week, the latter after the Blues moved swiftly to swoop ahead of Manchester United.

Mourinho has previously spoken of working with a squad of 22 senior players - two in every position - and Pedro's arrival inflated the first-team group to 23 men.

But the Portuguese insisted that does not necessarily mean any players will be leaving prior to the September 1 closure of the transfer window.

"It's not a compulsory thing. I can perfectly have one more player than is normal for us," Mourinho said.

"One more option for me is not a problem. You have injuries, you have suspensions, different competitions to play.

"Hopefully we can progress in the domestic cups too and there are lots of matches to play.

"If you have one more winger in the group, it can be a problem for the wingers not getting the playing time they want, but for me it's not a problem."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
Everton vs Manchester City

Romelu Lukaku has urged team-mate John Stones to stay with him in what is a "good situation" at Everton rather than join the striker's former club Chelsea.

Lukaku, 22, left Stamford Bridge permanently last summer after finding regular football hard to come by.

The Belgium international, who had loan spells from Chelsea with the Toffees and West Brom before that, feels 21-year-old England defender Stones is at the right club to nurture his development.

''To be fair John is in a good situation at a good club which believes in him,'' Lukaku told several national newspapers.

''He is playing and is learning a lot from (defender) Phil Jagielka. He's been here two years now but this is the year where he really needs to confirm he is the top player he can be.

''This club has massive potential, with the players we have and the ambition the manager has. He is in a good place. He's on to a good thing.''

Stones has been the subject of interest from Chelsea throughout the summer, with Everton rejecting big-money bids and repeatedly saying the player is not for sale.

Despite the saga, Stones has played both games of the Toffees' 2015/16 Barclays Premier League campaign so far, impressing as they drew 2-2 at home with Watford before stunning Southampton 3-0 at St Mary's last week.

It was reported on Friday that Stones is close to putting in a transfer request, but Everton manager Roberto Martinez said he was not aware of that and that it would not change the club's stance if he did.

Lukaku feels Everton have collected a strong core of young talent that can only get better if they stick together.

''We are young, but we have a lot of potential,'' Lukaku - scorer of a brace against Southampton - added.

''We had a great first year when I came here. Last year we had a very hard year, a very, very tough year (when Everton finished 11th in the Premier League, 12 months on from coming fifth).

''But we'll learn from it. He's (Stones) in a good situation. He needs to keep on doing what he's doing. He has the Euros (Euro 2016) coming up, so why go?''

Lukaku was speaking ahead of Everton's home league clash with Manchester City on Sunday.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini is interested in points, not records, as he bids to maintain his side's superb start to the season.

City can equal a 103-year-old club record of nine successive top-flight wins if they beat Everton.

Pellegrini's men won their final six Barclays Premier League games last season to put some gloss on a generally frustrating campaign.

They have carried the momentum into the new term with back-to-back 3-0 demolitions of West Brom and champions Chelsea.

Pellegrini did oversee eight successive league wins during the 2013-14 title-winning season but not since 1912, also across two seasons, have City bettered such a sequence.

Equalling it would be a notable achievement - and City could then set a new record against Watford the following week - but Pellegrini is focused only on the bigger picture.

The 61-year-old said: "It matters to have three more points in the table and it is very important to continue in the same way we played the first two games, because we must be a consistent team during the whole season.

"But if that is a new record, that is a thing for me that is not important."

Pellegrini acknowledges the task ahead of his side could also be a tricky one. Everton have also made an unbeaten start and were impressive as they beat Southampton 3-0 last weekend with two goals from Lukaku.

Pellegrini added: "It is a difficult challenge. They are always a difficult team, they play very good football.

"In the first game maybe they didn't play very well against Watford but they scored two goals. In the second game they played very well and scored three goals.

"They have Lukaku in a good moment and they have players coming back from a lot of injuries. We must concentrate very much and play with a lot of intensity if we want to win there."

City are unlikely to give a full debut to their new B£32million signing Nicolas Otamendi this weekend with Pellegrini set to keep faith with captain Vincent Kompany and Eliaquim Mangala in central defence.

But midfielder Fabian Delph, controversially signed from Aston Villa for B£8million in the summer, is in contention to play having overcome his pre-season * injury.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
Watford vs Southampton

Watford forward Steven Berghuis has revealed Robin van Persie inspired him to join the Barclays Premier League.

Berghuis became one of many summer recruits to the club's ever-growing multi-national squad when he arrived from AZ Alkmaar for B£4.6million in July.

Van Persie, the sole survivor of an influential generation of Dutch Premier League footballers that included Dennis Bergkamp, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben and Dirk Kuyt, left Manchester United for Fenerbahce only days earlier but his influence on the 23-year-old winger remains.

"Of course (I'd like to emulate them)," said Berghuis. "I followed Van Persie the most in my youth, Bergkamp a little bit and Van Nistelrooy. I think Van Persie is my favourite of the three.

"He is left-footed, creative and always tries to show nice things, he's nice to watch.

"I like to play with my left (foot) from the right, and try to create chances. Always playing forward.

"I like to play from the right. At AZ (Alkmaar) when I was playing good it was always from there."

Nathan Ake, who has joined Watford on loan from Chelsea, is another Dutchman in the Hornets' squad.

While at present there are concerns about the limited opportunities available to young Premier League footballers, Berghuis felt he had to seize the opportunity to move to England while the option remained because of a belief that Dutch football is in decline.

"I spoke with (QPR's) Leroy Fer (about the Premier League)," he said. "I spoke with (Middlesbrough's) Dwight Tiendalli also. They all told me I have to (join the Premier League) because it is an amazing competition. And also with my age I think I had to do it.

"In Holland the level is going down and the clubs in other countries don't look a lot at Holland anymore because the level is going down, I think.

"I had an injury last year where I broke my foot, you never know if that can happen again. So I had to take this chance and it is a beautiful club."

Southampton have started their Premier League campaign slowly but manager Ronald Koeman is refusing to blame it on their European involvement.

Having taken one point from their opening two league games, Saints travel to face Watford on Sunday looking for their first victory of the domestic campaign.

Koeman's side were also held to a 1-1 draw in the opening leg of their Europa League play-off against Danish champions FC Midtjylland on Thursday night but, at such an early stage of the season, Koeman feels the extra fixtures are not a burden on his players.

"I hope it will be a problem later on in the season but there's no tiredness at the moment, because we're starting the season," he said.

"We don't have long to prepare for the next game but at the start of the season that's not a problem. Maybe it's good to play so many games because we need to develop and improve and cut out mistakes. The second half (against Midtjylland) was good but we are learning."

Southampton kicked off their Premier League season with a draw at Newcastle before being outplayed in a 3-0 loss to Everton at St Mary's last week.

A fixture against newly-promoted Watford may look like a good chance to pick up a maiden league win of the season but, having drawn with both the Toffees and West Brom, Quique Flores' side have suggested they can quickly adapt to life in the top-flight.

"It's always nice to play a promoted team and they have had two good results, the start of the season is very positive for them," Koeman added.

"It takes time to integrate into the Premier League, that was the case for me last year, finding how difficult and tough it is, but the manager has always had good organisation in his teams so it will be a tough one."

Jay Rodriguez will be hoping to score his first league goal in 17 months after grabbing the equaliser against Midtjylland, while both Sadio Mane and Victor Wanyama - reported transfer targets for Manchester United and Tottenham respectively - are likely to keep their places in Koeman's side as Saints insist neither will be sold.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
10' WBA 0-0 CHELSEA

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »

Goal! West Bromwich Albion 0, Chelsea 1. Pedro (Chelsea) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Eden Hazard.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »

Goal! West Bromwich Albion 0, Chelsea 2. Diego Costa (Chelsea) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Pedro.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
Goal! West Bromwich Albion 1, Chelsea 2. James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Salomón Rondón.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2015, 09:26:37 PM »
Goal! West Bromwich Albion 1, Chelsea 3. César Azpilicueta (Chelsea) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Diego Costa.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2015, 09:35:59 PM »

First Half ends, West Bromwich Albion 1, Chelsea 3.