Watford
0 (0%)
West Bromwich Albion
0 (0%)
West Ham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 03, 2015, 12:43:34 PM

Author Topic: Barclays Premier League 2015/16  (Read 31302 times)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Re: Barclays Premier League 2015/16
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:27 AM »
Norwich vs Leicester

Norwich report no fresh injury problems ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash against Leicester at Carrow Road.

On-loan winger Matt Jarvis is available again after being ineligible for last weekend's match at parent club West Ham.

Striker Gary Hooper (ankle) remains sidelined while midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu also continues his recovery from a fractured metatarsal.

Manager Alex Neil is ready to do his own bit of tinkering in search of some different options.

The Canaries hosts Claudio Ranieri's Foxes defending an unbeaten four-match run, which was within moments of including a victory at West Ham before conceding an equaliser deep into stoppage time.

Jarvis could be recalled although Robbie Brady staked his claim for a starting berth with the opening goal in what was an entertaining 2-2 draw at Upton Park.

Congo forward Dieurmerci Mbokani, meanwhile, could be handed the opportunity to lead the attack in the league for the first time since arriving on loan from Dynamo Kiev.

Neil said: "It is a great problem to have. I have three excellent players down that left-hand flank.

"It will be obviously a decision to make and I am pretty clear what I am going to do.

"Then in terms of the top end of the pitch I think Dieumerci is a completely different option to Cameron (Jerome) and once we get him fully up to match speed then I think, depending on who we play, he might be a different option to how we approach things.

"Cameron, so far, has led the line really well for us, but it's good to have that variety."

Nathan Dyer has returned to training for the Foxes after a knee injury but will not be available for the trip to Carrow Road.

He missed Saturday's 5-2 defeat to Arsenal, Leicester's first defeat of the campaign.

Ranieri said: "Now I want to see a reaction against a very good team. It's Norwich's first season (back) in the Premier League again and their spirit will be high."

Jamie Vardy is expected to start in Norfolk following his two goals against Arsenal last weekend before linking up with England.

He has won two caps, starting last month's 6-0 win in San Marino, and Ranieri believes boss Roy Hodgson needs the former Fleetwood forward in his squad as they prepare for Euro 2016.

"I think strikers like him, there isn't too many. Maybe Roy needs one striker like him," he said.

"It is about his character. He wants to arrive at a high level.

"It is amazing. This is a fantastic sport for the other players and he wants to show 'yes, he can too'.

"In the end it is important what you have inside - the strength and the character - because every day is a battle.

"Your opponent wants to 'kill' you and you want to 'kill' your opponent.

"You can play well and sometimes you play badly but your reaction is what is important."
Namotasapakawatoarahatosamasamputasa

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2015, 03:27:42 AM »
Sunderland vs Westham

Sunderland boss D.ick Advocaat does not envisage any fresh injury concerns ahead of his side's Barclays Premier League clash with West Ham at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Advocaat will be tempted to restore Jermain Defoe to his starting line-up after leaving the former Hammers striker on the bench for last weekend's 3-0 defeat at Manchester United.

Defoe has fully recovered from the * problem that dogged him in the build-up to the trip to Old Trafford while Jack Rodwell is also aiming to return from an ankle injury, but Adam Matthews (ankle) remains sidelined.

Advocaat cut short his pre-match press conference after failing to clarify speculation about his future.

Some reports have suggested Advocaat - whose side are rooted to the foot of the table without a win - will quit the Black Cats if they fail to claim their first three points against Slaven Bilic's men.

Advocaat sought to deflect a series of questions on the subject before leaving the media room at the club's training ground less than two minutes into the section of the conference reserved for newspaper journalists.

Advocaat said: "I always think in facts and the fact is it is now Friday and I am the manager of Sunderland, and I am the manager of Sunderland tomorrow as well.

"What will happen on Sunday or a week on Sunday or nine months after Sunday, then I will tell you real story, but now I'm still here and nothing has changed."

Advocaat, who has grown increasingly exasperated by his side's below-par displays, reiterated his recent insistence that if and when he feels it is time to leave the Black Cats he will do so.

He added: "I told you that when I feel it's the time to do something then I will do that, and today is not the time to do something.

"For me the most important thing is to discuss what is happening tomorrow and that is the reason I am here - not maybe what will happen tomorrow or a week tomorrow or in nine months' time.

"The fact is I am here and tomorrow I am here, but what happens after that is (the same as) for all the managers - everything can change in a day or a week or nine months."

West Ham are looking for their fourth consecutive away victory in the league after already beating Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City on the road this season.

The Hammers surprised all three with incisive counter-attacking football but Bilic is expecting a different challenge against the struggling Black Cats.

"The situation is created by the media that they need the win, it's not like if they don't win they are down," Bilic said.

"Sometimes when you're under that kind of pressure it gives you something extra to make you better than you normally are.

"If you're under pressure and you have a good start you become something you are not and the other way round.

"I don't expect them to be a stable team. They will either be great, or stiff."

Striker Andy Carroll could make his first league start in more than eight months.

Carroll tore ligaments in his knee in February but came off the bench against Norwich last weekend and is expected to shake off a sore ankle ahead of the game at the Stadium of Light.

Angelo Ogbonna (*) and Alex Song (ankle) are both out while Winston Reid is a doubt with a hip problem. Enner Valencia has returned to light training following a knee injury but is short of match fitness.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2015, 03:29:50 AM »
Chelsea vs Southampton

Jose Mourinho refused to say whether captain John Terry would be restored to Chelsea's starting XI for Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Southampton at Stamford Bridge.

Striker Diego Costa completes his three-match suspension, so Loic Remy and Radamel Falcao could start up front, although neither travelled to Porto for Tuesday night's Champions League loss.

Oscar also stayed behind after not being selected, while goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is out until December following knee surgery.

Mourinho says he is in the midst of the worst period of his trophy-laden career.

The Premier League champions have two wins from seven games this term and followed up last Saturday's draw at Newcastle with a midweek Champions League loss at Porto.

"I define (this) as the worst period of my career, with the worst results in my career," said Mourinho, whose side host Southampton this weekend.

"I get it as a fantastic experience - an experience that I don't want to repeat. I want to finish tomorrow and win some matches again.

"I think it comes too late, to come after 15 years is too late, but it's something that is helping me to be better, a great negative experience."

Mourinho insists it is not the most challenging period, but the worst in terms of results.

He said: "I had a big challenge all the time. It's the worst results. I've never lost so many matches. That's a fact."

Ronald Koeman expects Chelsea to emerge from their slump soon - but hopes it will not be until after Southampton's visit.

The Saints boss said: "Normally they will fight to win titles because it's not like that one year they have really the best team and the next year is not like that.

"Everybody can have a difficult start to the season.

"Maybe defensively they lost a little bit. If you watch the goals that they let in against them, that's a big difference from last year in that aspect.

"Maybe they lost a little bit but they are still very strong.

"We know maybe the start of the season is not what everybody expected of Chelsea.

"They were the strongest team last year but, okay, it doesn't say anything about the situation because they have the qualities, they have the players to give a good reaction.

"Finally they will go up in the table."

Chelsea were marching towards the title when Southampton visited last season and were held to a 1-1 draw thanks to Dusan Tadic's penalty.

And Koeman is confident his side can pick up another positive result in west London.

"That feeling we had already last year," the Dutchman added at his pre-match press conference.

"We know what we can expect, we can have a good result if we play on our level because two times we had a draw against them last year.

"That belief that we had last year, we have to show again."

Koeman could add Jordy Clasie to the squad at Stamford Bridge.

The Holland midfielder has yet to feature in the Premier League for Saints due to an ankle injury, but he has trained this week and is in contention.

Koeman will otherwise choose from the same squad which beat Swansea 3-1 at St Mary's last weekend.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2015, 05:13:35 PM »
Latest BPL standings after Round 7

1 Manchester United 16
  2 Manchester City 15
  3 West Ham United 13
  4 Arsenal 13
  5 Everton 12
  6 Tottenham Hotspur 12
  7 Crystal Palace 12
  8 Leicester City 12
  9 Liverpool 11
  10 Southampton 9
  11 Swansea City 9
  12 Norwich City 9
  13 Watford 9
  14 Chelsea 8
  15 West Bromwich Albion 8
  16 AFC Bournemouth 7
  17 Stoke City 6
  18 Aston Villa 4
  19 Newcastle United 3
  20 Sunderland 2

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »
Crystal Palace vs West Bromwich Albion

GWayne Hennessey
DScott Dann
DMartin Kelly
DPape Souare
DBrede Hangeland
MYannick Bolasie
MYohan Cabaye
MJames McArthur
MJason Puncheon
F/MWilfried Zaha
FDwight Gayle

GBoaz Myhill
DGareth McAuley
DJonny Evans
DCraig Dawson
M/DChris Brunt
MClaudio Yacob
MDarren Fletcher
MJames Morrison
FSaido Berahino
FSalomon Rondon
FJames McClean

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2015, 08:48:33 PM »
Crystal Palace vs West Bromwich Albion

GWayne Hennessey
DScott Dann
DMartin Kelly
DPape Souare
DBrede Hangeland
MYannick Bolasie
MYohan Cabaye
MJames McArthur
MJason Puncheon
F/MWilfried Zaha
FDwight Gayle

GBoaz Myhill
DGareth McAuley
DJonny Evans
DCraig Dawson
M/DChris Brunt
MClaudio Yacob
MDarren Fletcher
MJames Morrison
FSaido Berahino
FSalomon Rondon
FJames McClean

Ht 0-0

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2015, 09:59:17 PM »
Crystal Palace 2-0 West Bromwich Albion

GWayne Hennessey
DScott Dann
DMartin Kelly
DPape Souare
DBrede Hangeland
MYannick Bolasie
MYohan Cabaye

MJames McArthur
MJason Puncheon
F/MWilfried Zaha
FDwight Gayle

GBoaz Myhill
DGareth McAuley
DJonny Evans
DCraig Dawson
M/DChris Brunt
MClaudio Yacob
MDarren Fletcher
MJames Morrison
FSaido Berahino
FSalomon Rondon
FJames McClean

[/quote]

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #457 on: October 03, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »
10 minutes:
AFC Bournemouth 0-0 Watford
Aston Villa 0-0 Stoke City
Manchester City 0-0 Newcastle
Norwich 0-0 Leicester City
Sunderland 0-0 West Ham United

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #458 on: October 03, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »
20 minutes:
AFC Bournemouth 0-0 Watford
Manchester City 0-1 Newcastle
Norwich 0-0 Leicester City
Sunderland 1-0 West Ham United

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #459 on: October 03, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »
35 minutes:
AFC Bournemouth 1-0 Watford
Manchester City 0-1 Newcastle
Norwich 0-1 Leicester City
Sunderland 2-0 West Ham United

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #460 on: October 03, 2015, 11:00:42 PM »
45 minutes:
AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Watford
Manchester City 1-1 Newcastle
Norwich 0-1 Leicester City
Sunderland 2-1 West Ham United

Second half pick westham  :D

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #461 on: October 03, 2015, 11:26:13 PM »
60 minutes:
Aston Villa 0-1 Stoke City
Manchester City 4-1 Newcastle
Norwich 0-2 Leicester City

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #462 on: October 03, 2015, 11:42:07 PM »
75 minutes:
Manchester City 6-1 Newcastle
Norwich 1-2 Leicester City

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #463 on: October 04, 2015, 12:04:16 AM »
Full Time:
Crystal Palace 2-0 WBA
Manchester City 6-1 Newcastle
Norwich 1-2 Leicester City
Sunderland 2-2 West Ham United

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #464 on: October 04, 2015, 12:19:18 AM »
Chelsea vs  Southampton

GAsmir Begovic
DB. Ivanovic
DJohn Terry
DCesar Azpilicueta
DGary Cahill
MEden Hazard
MRamires
MWillian
MOscar
MCesc Fabregas
FFalcao

GM. Stekelenburg
DCedric
DVirgil van Dijk
DJose Fonte
DRyan Bertrand
MDusan Tadic
MVictor Wanyama
MSadio Mane
MOriol Romeu
MSteven Davis
FGraziano Pelle

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #465 on: October 04, 2015, 01:15:39 AM »
Goal! Chelsea 1, Southampton 0. Willian (Chelsea) from a free kick with a right footed shot to the top right corner.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #466 on: October 04, 2015, 01:46:32 AM »
Goal! Chelsea 1, Southampton 1. Steven Davis (Southampton) right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Graziano Pellè.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #467 on: October 04, 2015, 02:00:13 AM »
Goal! Chelsea 1, Southampton 2. Sadio Mané (Southampton) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Graziano Pellè.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #468 on: October 04, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »
Goal! Chelsea 1, Southampton 3. Graziano Pellè (Southampton) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Sadio Mané following a fast break.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #469 on: October 04, 2015, 02:29:14 AM »
Chelsea's problems worsened as Southampton battled back to beat the Premier League champions 3-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Willian bent a free kick into the top corner from wide on the left -- but that was as good as things got for Jose Mourinho's struggling side.

Southampton equalised shortly before the break when Graziano Pelle chested the ball into the path of Steven Davis, who smashed a low drive past Asmir Begovic from the edge of the box.

Begovic made a fine save from Sadio Mane early in the second half, but the Southampton attacker got the better of him on the hour when Gary Cahill gave possession away and John Terry failed to cut out Pelle's pass.

And Pelle wrapped up an outstanding victory for the Saints when, after Chelsea had lost possession again, he fired home from the right-hand side of the area.

There were boos from the home fans when substitute Nemanja Matic was himself substituted and further discontentment at the full-time whistle as Chelsea's early-season worries deepened still further.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #470 on: October 04, 2015, 02:34:12 AM »
Latest standings

1. Manchester City 8 18
2. Manchester Utd 7 16
3. Crystal palace 8 15
18. Aston Villa 8 4
19. Sunderland 8 3
20. Newcastle 8 3

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2015, 08:26:07 PM »
Everton vs. Liverpool

GTim Howard
DPhil Jagielka
DTyias Browning
DBrendan Galloway
DRamiro Funes Mori
MJames McCarthy
MRoss Barkley
MGareth Barry
MGerard Deulofeu
FRomelu Lukaku
FSteven Naismith

GSimon Mignolet
DNathaniel Clyne
DMamadou Sakho
DAlberto Moreno
DMartin Skrtel
MPhilippe Coutinho
MJames Milner
MLucas
MEmre Can
FDaniel Sturridge
FDanny Ings

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »
42'
Goal! Everton 0, Liverpool 1. Danny Ings (Liverpool) header from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by James Milner with a cross following a corner.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #473 on: October 04, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
45'
Goal! Everton 1, Liverpool 1. Romelu Lukaku (Everton) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #474 on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:24 PM »
Everton 1-1 Liverpool

Everton and Liverpool both had chances to win the Merseyside derby but ended up sharing the points in a 1-1 draw.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers travelled to Goodison Park under pressure after disappointing recent results, but his side made a positive start, with Danny Ings and James Milner having early chances.

They needed goalkeeper Simon Mignolet to produce a pair of excellent saves to deny Steven Naismith and James McCarthy midway through the half, but they took the lead when Ings was left free to head home direct from a corner on 41 minutes.

However, that advantage was cancelled out before the half-time whistle, with Romelu Lukaku seizing on some poor defending to fire home from close range.

That seemed to give Everton the greater momentum at the start of the second half, and Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku had chances but could not take advantage.

That set up a frantic, end-to-end finale, but neither side was able to add to the scoresheet as the match ended all square.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »
Arsenal vs Manchester United

GPetr Cech
DPer Mertesacker
DNacho Monreal
DGabriel
DHector Bellerin
MSanti Cazorla
MMesut Ozil
MFrancis Coquelin
MTheo Walcott
MAaron Ramsey
FAlexis Sanchez

GDavid de Gea
DMatteo Darmian
DChris Smalling
MJuan Mata
MB. Schweinsteiger
MAshley Young
MDaley Blind
MMichael Carrick
FWayne Rooney
FMemphis Depay
FAnthony Martia

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #476 on: October 04, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »
6'
Goal! Arsenal 1, Manchester United 0. Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mesut Özil.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #477 on: October 04, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »
7'
Goal! Arsenal 2, Manchester United 0. Mesut Özil (Arsenal) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Theo Walcott.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #478 on: October 04, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »
19'
Goal! Arsenal 3, Manchester United 0. Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Theo Walcott.

24' Swansea 1-0 Tottenham

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #479 on: October 04, 2015, 11:52:10 PM »
45 mins

Arsenal 3-0 MU
Swansea 2-1 Tottenham

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2015, 04:47:44 AM »
FT
Everton 1-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Swansea 2-2 Tottenham

Offline Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2015, 06:16:30 AM »
FT
Everton 1-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Swansea 2-2 Tottenham

Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2015, 07:49:32 AM »
Liverpool terminated the contract of manager Brendan Rodgers on Sunday, just eight games into the Premier League season with the five-times European champions languishing in 10th place.

The announcement came three hours after the team had drawn 1-1 at Everton in the Merseyside derby leaving them with only three wins from their first eight league games this term.

“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch," the club's owners said in a statement.

"Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.

“The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

Liverpool have only beaten Stoke City, Bournemouth and Aston Villa in the league this season and count a 3-0 thrashing at home by West Ham United among their early results.

They also needed a penalty shootout to overcome fourth-tier Carlisle United in the League Cup at Anfield after being held to a 1-1 draw at Anfield after extra time.

Rodgers, who succeeded Liverpool icon Kenny Dalglish as manager in June 2012 and came close to bringing the title back to Anfield for the first time since 1990 in his second season, invested heavily in new players before the latest campaign.

Belgium striker Christian Benteke came in from Villa for 32.5 million pounds ($49.33 million), Roberto Firmino arrived from Hoffenheim for 21 million and England fullback Nathaniel Clyne joined from Southampton for 12.5 million.

Liverpool made a positive start to the season but have since been thrashed at Anfield by West Ham and also lost 3-1 to Manchester United, their first half-showing at Old Trafford described as the worst in living memory.

Draws against Girondins Bordeaux and FC Sion in the Europa League and lowly Carlisle -- despite the subsequent penalty shootout win -- proved to be the final straw.

Rodgers, 42, has now become the seventh man to arrive at Anfield and leave without taking the club back to the pinnacle of English soccer which appeared to be their divine right from the mid-1960s to 1990 when they won their last title.

GOOD START

The former Swansea City manager's tenure began so well when, after guiding Liverpool to a seventh-place finish in his first season, he came close to lifting the title 12 months later.

Liverpool put together an 11-match winning sequence from the beginning of February until the end of April 2014, but with the title within their grasp, it literally slipped away.

Liverpool were top when second-placed Chelsea visited Anfield on April 27 but an infamous slip on the turf by skipper Steven Gerrard allowed Demba Ba to give Chelsea the lead and the subsequent 2-0 defeat severely dented their chances.

Worse was to follow the following week when Liverpool were 3-0 up at Crystal Palace with 11 minutes to play before they drew 3-3 to effectively kill off their title dream with Manchester City crowned champions on the last day of the season.

With Uruguay international Luis Suarez sold to Barcelona and strike partner Daniel Sturridge sidelined for most of the campaign, Liverpool lost their cutting edge in attack and last season proved to be another disappointment.

They exited the Champions League after the group stage and Rodgers' handling of Gerrard's departure from Anfield after the midfielder's 17 years at the club was widely criticised.

Any hopes of a return to the Champions League faded in a calamitous end to the season which finished with a 6-1 defeat at Stoke City in Gerrard's final match for the club.

That was their heaviest league defeat since 1963 and that year came back to haunt them last month when West Ham United won 3-0 at Anfield for the first time in the 52 years since then.

Despite Rodgers' assurances last season that gifted England forward Raheem Sterling would not be leaving Anfield, he was sold to Manchester City for 44 million pounds ($66.78 million).

The gamble on troublesome Mario Balotelli also failed with the Italy striker shipped out after one erratic season.

Rodgers' failure to get the best out of expensive signings ultimately led to his downfall and leaves the club still looking for the consistency that was their hallmark during the 1970s and 80s when they won the league title 11 times through to 1990.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #483 on: October 05, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU
Arsenal 3-0 MU

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsenal is not going to be champion anyhow  :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #484 on: October 08, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »
Juergen Klopp, hot favourite to become Liverpool's next manager, could not find a more fitting club to take his successful coaching career to the next level.

Twice a Bundesliga champion with Borussia Dortmund, who he also steered to the Champions League final in 2013, Klopp will find a similar situation at Liverpool to that he encountered at the Ruhr valley club when he joined in 2008.

Both teams had trophy-rich seasons years ago, with Klopp coming on board at Dortmund during a low point in their history when they were recovering from their 2005 near bankruptcy not daring to dream big, while Liverpool have not won the English league title in a quarter of a century.

The 48-year-old German, who helped turn the 1997 Champions League winners from relegation candidates under predecessor Thomas Doll into one of the most exciting brands in world football, needs a tale of woe to be successful and Liverpool offer him exactly that.

Klopp has made no secret of his desire to work in England and Liverpool's past winning tradition, their die-hard fan base and the expectation to finally lift more trophies could be the ingredients Klopp needs.

"You are asking me how motivated my players are? I can only talk about how motivated I am and if you could bottle that motivation and sell it you would probably go to jail," he told reporters in 2012.

ULTIMATE COACH

Exuberant, explosive and witty, Klopp is every fan's ultimate coach, a man who can find the connection and the right balance between players, supporters and the board of directors. A big motivator in the changing room, 'Kloppo', as he is called back home, is a strong supporter of high speed football.

He brought then-teenager Mario Goetze into the first team in 2010, bought Shinji Kagawa for 300,000 euros (£222,008) from Japan's second division and turned a string of players, including Mats Hummels, Erik Durm, Kevin Grosskreutz and Roman Weidenfeller, into World Cup-winning Germany internationals.

With his trademark high pressing, quick counter-attacks and never-say-die approach, Dortmund took the Bundesliga and Europe by storm, snatching domestic supremacy from Bayern Munich for a few seasons and winning over millions of fans across the world as the club spread its commercial operations beyond Europe.

In the process, Dortmund won the Bundesliga in 2011 and again a year later when they also clinched the German Cup and Super Cup, before reaching the Champions League final in 2013, losing to their Bavarian rivals in the first all-German final of the competition. They won the Super Cup again in 2014.

Having spent his entire playing career at second-tier Mainz 05, Klopp took over the team in 2001 and led them into the Bundesliga in 2004 and even a 2005/06 UEFA Cup spot via the Fair Play draw before they were relegated in 2007.

After failing to win promotion he left the following year in a tearful farewell attended by thousands of fans.

EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS

His emotional outbursts on the touchline that have seen him banned and fined are as much a part of his character as the witty punchlines that can turn a run-of-the-mill Champions League news conference into memorable entertainment.

"I was an idiot and for that I must apologise," he said after being sent off for exploding at a fourth official in a Champions League game against Napoli in 2013. Klopp is seldom lost for words.

Long considered a likely successor to Pep Guardiola at Bayern, he announced his resignation late last season, saying Dortmund needed a change after a disappointing campaign that saw them bottom of the table at the halfway mark.

"I am -- and that may come as a surprise to some -- not stupid and I know when I have been lucky," he once said, when asked about coaching at Dortmund. "Borussia have been a present."

Liverpool hope they will be his next gift.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #485 on: October 09, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »
New Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp, who joined the club on Thursday, is rarely lost for words. Emotional and witty, the German has made waves with some of his comments. Here is a selection:

"During my playing career I did not manage to bring out on the pitch what I had in my head. I had the talent for the regional league and the head for the Bundesliga. What came out was the second division," Klopp on his playing career, spent mainly in the second division.

"I am a bit proud of my first red card as a coach. I went to the fourth official and asked him: "How many mistakes are you allowed to do? If it’s 15, you have one more."

"I know that my team cannot play the same crap twice in a row," he said following a 3-0 loss to Nuremberg.

"We will wait for him like the good wife, waiting for her man who is in prison," he said of injured Mats Hummels.

"Our pants won't be full. I specifically checked again," he said ahead of a Mainz 05 game against Bayern Munich.

"I see you here for the first time and instantly you make demands as to what I should say.... hats off. What department do you work in? Animal movies? Oh sport, oh ok," he told a reporter when asked not to use empty phrases in his answers.

"Finishing the first half of the season in 17th place must feel like spending your holidays on a bed of nails," he said midway through last season when Dortmund were battling to avoid relegation.

"We want to drag Bayern down to our level," he said ahead of a match against Bayern.

"Schalke can beat us in the Super Cup. There you don't even get a trophy. Still better than nothing," he said of bitter Dortmund rivals Schalke 04.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2015, 11:36:13 AM »
Tottenham vs Liverpool

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he is under just as much pressure as Liverpool's new manager Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp makes his Barclays Premier League debut in the White Hart Lane encounter on Saturday as he looks to reinvigorate the Reds' disappointing start to the season.

The German has set his stall out to lead the Merseyside club to one title within four years, while in the short term he and Pochettino are scrapping it out for a place in the top four.

Spurs have hired six managers in 10 years in pursuit of regular Champions League football and Pochettino believes his job comes with an equal burden of pressure.

"Can he win one title in four years? I don't know. It's a question for other people, not me," the Argentinian said.

"I believe he knows he is in a big club and Liverpool have a lot of expectation. It's like us at Tottenham - there is the same pressure. In a few years we need to win some titles too, no?

"I think it's very good for the Premier League that he comes here.

"He impressed us with his job at Borussia Dortmund and we wish him all the best - after Saturday."

Tottenham are without three central midfielders as Liverpool visit White Hart Lane. Ryan Mason (knee), Nabil Bentaleb (ankle) and Eric Dier (suspended) are all out, meaning Mousa Dembele or Tom Carroll could start alongside Dele Alli.

Summer signing Son Heung-min remains sidelined with a foot problem, while winger Alex Pritchard is also out with an injured ankle.

Cruciate knee ligament injuries to striker Danny Ings and defender Joe Gomez have further restricted the options available to new Liverpool manager Klopp.

The pair join captain Jordan Henderson (foot), Christian Benteke (*), Roberto Firmino (back) on the unavailable list - although the latter two are expected to return to full training next week - while 18-year-old Jordan Rossiter returned from England Under-19 duty with a * injury.

Playmaker Philippe Coutinho is fit again after a groin injury kept him out of Brazil's recent internationals, and defender Dejan Lovren has also recovered from an ankle problem.

Klopp has identified Liverpool's defence as his priority but the untimely injury to striker Ings has emphasised how much of a necessity it has become.

The German's attacking options have been reduced to Daniel Sturridge and the raw Divock Origi, who has not scored in his last 10 matches. Benteke, the Reds' B£32.5million summer signing, is still at least a week away from recovering from a * problem and Ings will be sidelined for a minimum of six months after a cruciate knee ligament injury.

Ings, another summer arrival, is the club's top scorer with three goals but the team as a whole have managed just 11 in 13 matches this season and that contributed to the demise of Klopp's predecessor Brendan Rodgers, who throughout his three-year reign at Anfield never got to grips with a leaky defence.

No clean sheets in the last eight matches proved particularly costly, especially when in five of the last six they had taken the lead.

The limited amount of time Klopp has had to work with his players after their return from international duty - and the fact the last time Liverpool scored more than once in an away game was February - means he has concentrated primarily on making his team difficult to beat.

"We have to be compact, close together in the game, and if you are always close enough with your players you always have options to help," he said ahead of the trip to Tottenham for his first match in charge.

"If you prepare for problems in the game and you are strong enough to handle this situation then you can stay in the game and win the game.

"It is not the time to change many things - only to turn the screws a little bit in the right way and that is what we tried to do.

"I expect to see that we have worked together, although not too often, and we can be very well organised after this short time."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
Chelsea vs Villa

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will appeal against the Football Association's B£50,000 fine and one-match suspended stadium ban, saying: "I have to be honest with myself."

Mourinho was sanctioned for comments made following the October 3 loss to Southampton in which he said referee Robert Madeley was "afraid" to give the Blues a penalty.

The Portuguese on Friday confirmed he had received the FA's written reasons and will appeal.

"I have to be honest with myself. It's the most important thing so I have to appeal," Mourinho said.

"The moment we got the written reasons and I decided to appeal is the moment to stop with my opinions and not to add anything more than I did already.

"I think I was very objective in my sadness facing the situation."

Mourinho is defiant in his belief Chelsea will climb up the table - and this weekend's opponents Aston Villa's record at Stamford Bridge is one win in 13 Premier League games.

"We cannot run away from the reality of the table in the Premier League," Mourinho said.

"Obviously we know that we're not going to be relegated, we know that in a couple of months we will be in a position where we normally have to be.

"But the reality now, today, tomorrow before the game starts is the reality of the numbers and the numbers are very cruel, but objective and we need points."

Mourinho also believes Villa have the quality to climb out of their predicament.

"A team that the manager is trying to rebuild having lost probably their two most important players of the team (Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph)," he said.

"I don't believe Aston Villa will be in this position in a couple of months."

Striker Diego Costa is available, but right-back Branislav Ivanovic is out.

Costa has completed a three-match ban for violent conduct, but Ivanovic suffered a * injury on duty with Serbia and faces around three weeks out, joining goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (knee) in the treatment room.

Gabby Agbonlahor continues to be sidelined with a calf injury for struggling Aston Villa.

The forward has been out since last month, but winger Adama Traore (ankle) is available after three weeks in the treatment room.

Midfielder Jack Grealish has regained match fitness during the international break, but defenders Jores Okore (knee) and Ciaran Clark (thigh) remain on the sidelines.

Boss Tim Sherwood admitted he is fighting for his future but insisted he will guide Aston Villa to safety.

The manager is facing scrutiny with Villa third bottom of the Barclays Premier League having not won since the opening day of the season.

Sherwood, who was appointed in February, also dismissed suggestions he had been given two games to save himself ahead of Saturday's trip to Chelsea but knows he must start winning.

He said: "I have no understanding of this, no one has spoken to me about two games. I am realistic enough to know that I'm a football manager who needs to win football matches and we haven't done that. So if you don't win games as a manager, you get sacked, that's what happens.

"I haven't put a number on it. All I know is I'm a football manager and I take full responsibility for results. I'm not hiding in the background. I'm standing up there in that rectangle at the front of the pitch, taking the brunt of it, that's what I get paid for.

"We lost two managers last week and before that it was their names. Mine is at the front of the queue at the moment and hopefully over the next couple of weeks it will be someone else's.

"The objective of this season was to stay in the Premier League - 100 per cent we'll stay in the Premier League this season, I've got full belief in that and then we would have reached our objective."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »
Palace vs Westham

Alan Pardew believes that Crystal Palace can benefit from Wales' qualification for Euro 2016.

The Eagles on Saturday host West Ham, who Pardew managed from 2003 until 2006, and after watching Wayne Hennessey and Joe Ledley help inspire Wales to their first international tournament since 1958, Pardew is optimistic they can benefit from the positivity they now bring.

"It does, a little bit," Pardew responded when asked if Wales' success was having a beneficial effect on his squad.

"We're bored of them already, going on and on about it!

"But other than that it was really pleasing for them, because they've been an integral part of it (Wales' qualification), particularly Wayne and Joe. A lot of heart and effort went into that.

"Their psychology is obviously very, very good at the moment, they feel very confident and very good about themselves, so that's all good for me."

Pardew has also been boosted by the return to fitness of midfielders Mile Jedinak, Lee Chung-yong and Jordon Mutch, and defender Damien Delaney, for Saturday's fixture against another Premier League team with similar ambitions - a desire to qualify for Europe next season - to Palace.

The manager is, however, still without injured strikers Connor Wickham and Marouane Chamakh, respectively owing to calf and * injuries.

West Ham can welcome back Andy Carroll, Enner Valencia and Angelo Ogbonna for the trip.

Carroll has recovered from the knock which kept him out of the draw at Sunderland a fortnight ago, fellow forward Valencia is over the knee injury he suffered on Europa League duty in July - although he is short of match fitness - and centre-half Ogbonna is fit after a * problem.

Defenders Winston Reid and Aaron Cresswell hope to shake off minor *, but midfielder Alex Song (ankle) is three weeks away from returning.

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic is weighing up whether to unleash Valencia at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The Ecuadorian forward has been sidelined since suffering a knee injury in a Europa League qualifying tie in July, and has played just 20 minutes in a practice match since returning to training.

Bilic admits Valencia needs a couple of weeks before he is fully match fit, but revealed the 25-year-old's performances on the training pitch have put him in consideration for the trip to Selhurst Park.

"Valencia has been out since late July, it was a long break but he is back and it's a great thing for us," said Bilic.

"He's one of our biggest weapons on the pitch. He's looking sharp and very good. Now it is just a matter of fitness and slowly getting him in shape to be fit.

"He's been with us for one week now, but not for every day. He played 20 minutes against Reading in the practice match and looked really well. But he still needs a couple of weeks.

"He's not in contention - but then when I see him on the training ground I think 'maybe Saturday'. He's one of those who makes you think."

The Hammers make the short trip to south London in sixth spot, but Bilic admits the international break may have upset the momentum created by their encouraging start to the season.

Palace are a point and two places ahead in fourth, and Bilic knows he will have to keep French playmaker Yohan Cabaye quiet if his side are to pick up a fourth win on the road this term.

"Palace are a good team, they are good in everything - defending, contacts, counter attacks," he added.

"They also have Cabaye who can do special things on the pitch. They are doing really, really good. It's a London derby, it's a great game and it will be an extremely difficult test.

"You can't stop players losing momentum. You can try to press a pause button but then to restart it when they come back...even on the best DVDs when you press pause, you can't make a meal.

"Maybe you can make a sandwich, but then after one minute it automatically starts again and you have to rush back. We have to restart it again and I hope we can do it."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #489 on: October 17, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
Everton vs Manchester United

Roberto Martinez wants Everton's fans to roar them on to another home victory against Manchester United on Saturday.

The Toffees have beaten United on the Red Devils' last three visits to Goodison Park, including a stunning 3-0 victory over Louis van Gaal's side in April.

It was the stand-out result of a late-season resurgence that helped Everton finish 11th in the Barclays Premier League table.

Martinez's side have picked up where they left off at the start of this campaign and sit seventh going into the weekend, three points below third-placed United.

The Everton boss said: "I think the records and the previous performances and results mean very little. I think what's important is we respect immensely this Manchester United side.

"A couple of weeks back when they hit top spot in the league, in a way that was a real statement of intent.

"We've got another top team coming to Goodison but we want to perform well and be as good as we can to try to get a win. Whoever we face at Goodison, we should be pushing ourselves.

"Goodison probably gets at its very best (against United), and when Goodison pushes you with that energy and that voice, as a player you feel the difference and as a team you feel you can cope with anything that you get in front of you."

Key defensive duo John Stones and Seamus Coleman are set to make their Everton returns.

Stones missed two club games as well as England's recent internationals because of a knee problem, while Coleman played for the Republic of Ireland on Sunday following a * complaint.

Midfielders Tom Cleverley (leg) and Steven Pienaar (*) are also in contention, and Kevin Mirallas has completed a three-match ban following his red card against Swansea last month.

Captain Wayne Rooney has overcome an ankle injury and is fit to play in Manchester United, but winger Ashley Young is out with a calf injury.

Michael Carrick is fit after recovering from a groin problem and fellow midfielder #~ Schweinsteiger is available even though he suffered an injury in the warm-up for Germany's match against the Republic of Ireland.

Ander Herrera and Marcos Rojo stayed behind at Carrington during the recent international break and they are ready to feature, but defender Paddy McNair is sidelined for a month due to liver damage.

In a frank press conference at the AON Training Complex, United boss Louis van Gaal said the last fortnight had been an "awful" experience.

The Dutchman had taken United to the top of the table after a run of three straight wins, but a chastening 3-0 defeat to Arsenal before the international break gave the United manager something of a reality check.

"It is awful when you have such a result," Van Gaal said. "It has been an awful two weeks.

"Before the last international break in September we lost against Swansea. These are awful weeks.

"You are constantly thinking about how it happened. You cannot manage it with your players. That is what you have to do as a manager.

"But all the players are flying out, especially the last game because we played on a Sunday. They fly out direct after the match."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #490 on: October 17, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »
Manchester City vs Bournemouth

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has hit out at Belgium after captain Vincent Kompany featured in their final Euro 2016 qualifier this week.

Kompany was called up for international duty despite missing City's last five games with a calf injury.

Pellegrini had insisted that his influential skipper would not be fit for either of the games against Andorra or Israel but Belgium coach Marc Wilmots fielded him in the latter.

The 29-year-old came through 58 minutes of action unscathed but Pellegrini was not happy, even though he accepts Wilmots acted within his rights.

Pellegrini said: "I was not pleased because we sent Vincent with some medical report that he was not able to play but, as the manager of Belgium said, he can do what he wants in the international break. He can use the players and he wanted to use him.

"But for me, when you don't send a player to the national squad and you cannot use him for your club, I think the other sense must be the same. If a player didn't play the last three games for his club he cannot play for the national squad.

"But these are the rules. I think some day clubs will protest about that."

Barclays Premier League leaders City have lost a trio of key players for Saturday's clash against Bournemouth at the Etihad Stadium.

Striker Sergio Aguero (*) faces at least a month out while left-back Aleksandar Kolarov (leg) and playmaker David Silva (ankle) will be sidelined for a fortnight after a costly international break.

Gael Clichy (ankle) and midfielder Fabian Delph (*) are still out.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe will continue to juggle his team's injury problems.

Following surgery on an ankle injury, captain Tommy Elphick became the latest absentee and will remain unavailable for at least the coming eight weeks.

Defender Tyrone Mings, forward Callum Wilson and winger Max Gradel are also all injured, and likely for the entire season, and while midfielder Harry Arter is nearing a first-team return, Saturday is expected to come too soon for him.

Sylvain Distin has promised he will celebrate passionately if he scores for Bournemouth at former club Manchester City on Saturday.

The defender played for City for five years from 2002 but, despite possessing fond memories of his time there, he said he has no intention of hiding his emotions if he can score for a club he joined five months ago.

Distin has sometimes received a poor reception at City after he chose to leave the club for Portsmouth on a free transfer in 2007, but he has no intention of extending a growing trend of players who refuse to celebrate against their former clubs.

Distin believes that would be unfair on the fans of his current employers.

"I never understand why you should not celebrate, especially as I don't score many goals," said Distin, 37. "If I score I will go crazy.

"If you celebrate does it mean you disrespect your old team and if you don't do you disrespect the team you play for now?

"If I score I will celebrate. I always did and always will.

"The first few years I had a mixed reception (at City) because of the circumstances (under which) I left the club. My dad always said if they boo you they love you.

"It is a big game for us because we play against a team that will possibly win the title but for us it's just a Premier League game."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »
WBA vs Sunderland

West Brom boss Tony Pulis has called for transparency from the Football Association over its "extraordinary" fines - and he wants the League Managers' Association to intervene.

This week Jose Mourinho was handed a B£50,000 fine and a suspended one-match stadium ban for claiming that officials were "afraid" to award Chelsea penalties after his side were denied a spot-kick during their 3-1 home defeat to Southampton prior to the international break.

The FA said Mourinho's comments "imply bias on the part of a match official" but at his book launch on Thursday the Portuguese coach labelled the sanctions a "disgrace".

Pulis, who has landed himself in trouble with the authorities on numerous occasions during his career, described his counterpart's punishment as "extraordinary" and he would like information from the FA on how they use the funds accrued from such fines.

"The LMA and (chief executive) Richard Bevan and Richard (Scudamore, Premier League chief executive) have to pull all the managers together; we have to have a meeting to find out what's going on," said Pulis, whose team resume Barclays Premier League action against Sunderland at The Hawthorns on Saturday.

"I think B£50,000 is an extraordinary amount of money. I've been fined a few times by the FA for stepping out of line, and my argument is, 'Where does that money go? Does it go to charity? Does it go to pay for the hundreds and hundreds of people who will jump on the back of the Euros?'

"When I asked, I didn't get an answer. We talk about transparency; if you're going to take that sort of money off an individual - his money - then let us know where it's going.

"I'd love the FA to be transparent and tell us which bank it's put in and how it's spent. I was told generally it goes into the funds and is spent in different ways."

Pulis has concerns over four key players as he prepares his team for Sunderland's visit to The Hawthorns.

Jonny Evans, James Morrison, Saido Berahino and Salomon Rondon are all doubts, with the quartet each rated a 50-50 chance to be fit for Saturday's return to Barclays Premier League action.

Evans is still struggling with the groin strain he suffered against Crystal Palace prior to the international break while Morrison has an ankle injury and Berahino has picked up a knock in training. Rondon did not arrive back in England until late this week after featuring in Venezuela's two World Cup qualifying games.

Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce will be without suspended duo Jeremain Lens and Sebastian Coates for his first game in charge at West Brom on Saturday.

Midfielder Lens was sent off for two bookable offences and defender Coates collected his fifth caution of the season in the 2-2 Barclays Premier League draw with West Ham before the international break, and both will serve one-match bans.

However, Allardyce is likely to have defenders Younes Kaboul (knee) and Adam Matthews (ankle), and midfielders Yann M'Vila (*) and Ola Toivonen (groin) available.

Allardyce admits it could take three successive wins for Sunderland to start feeling like they can drag themselves out of Barclays Premier League relegation trouble.

The 60-year-old will send the team he inherited from **** Advocaat out for the first time at West Brom on Saturday, when even a victory would only be the start for a team five points adrift of safety and without a win in their opening eight league games.

Allardyce said: "Every game is enormous for us. We will have to be consistent, we will have to be resilient, we will have to be mentally tough in terms of believing in ourselves to try to get ourselves out of this position because in all honesty, winning three games on the trot is going to be very difficult for us.

"But it would be three games winning on the trot before we would even consider ourselves being able to start to feel a little bit safe.

"Even if we win the game at West Brom, it's a nice start, it's a good start, but we are still in that position."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #492 on: October 17, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »
Watford vs Arsenal

Arsenal are "flying" and Alexis Sanchez is "scoring for fun", but Watford can still cause an upset in their Barclays Premier League clash on Saturday, according to striker Odion Ighalo.

The Gunners will travel to Vicarage Road for the evening kick-off with their 3-0 victory against Manchester United before the international break still fresh in their minds.

Sanchez, who manager Arsene Wenger revealed is a doubt for the trip, scored a brace in Arsenal's win against United.

The Chile forward also netted a hat-trick in Arsenal's 5-2 victory at Leicester last month, was on the scoresheet in his side's 3-2 Champions League defeat to Olympiakos, and three goals on international duty has taken his tally to nine from his last five games.

"Arsenal are flying and are doing well and you can see Alexis Sanchez is scoring for fun now," said Ighalo. "It is not going to be easy for us because they are a good team, a Champions League team, and they play some of the best football here in England.

"But we hope to cope with that. We hope to fight until the end. We will see what happens and a positive result would send out a signal to the other teams that they should be careful of Watford."

Watford winger Ikechi Anya, midfielder Valon Behrami and defender Allan Nyom are all in line to feature for the visit of Arsenal on Saturday.

Anya (calf), Behrami (calf) and Nyom (knee) did not play during the international break but Hornets boss Quique Sanchez Flores expects the trio to be fit.

Flores added that playmaker Jurado, who missed the 1-1 draw against Bournemouth, will return to training in 10 days, but defensive duo Joel Ekstrand (knee) and Tommie Hoban (knee) remain sidelined with long-term injuries.

Arsenal centre-half Laurent Koscielny is close to a return from a * problem and faces a fitness test, while midfielder Mathieu Flamini (*) and captain Mikel Arteta (dead leg) are both expected to be available for selection.

Midfielder Jack Wilshere (fibula), forward Danny Welbeck and Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky (both knee) continue their rehabilitation.

Arsenal manager Wenger has challenged his side to recapture the hunger which saw them blow away Manchester United when they head to Watford on Saturday.

The Gunners resume domestic action at Vicarage Road for the late televised kick-off looking to maintain momentum from their demolition of the Red Devils, who were taken apart with three goals inside the first 20 minutes.

Wenger, though, knows that stunning performance will quickly be forgotten should they fail to deliver against the Hornets.

"It can increase the belief and the hunger of the team (to win convincingly). On the other hand you have to show that you can come in to every game with that focus," said Wenger.

"The level of champions and people who want to fight at the top is urgency - and urgency is something that keeps you alert, so we know what will be expected of us.

"We have to be conscious that it will be a different game at Watford, but the level of urgency is a big part of success and that is what we work on."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »
Southampton vs Leicester

Ronald Koeman is happy to make Southampton's players available for England's upcoming friendlies, but was also grateful to Roy Hodgson for resting Ryan Bertrand for Monday's win 3-0 in Lithuania.

Bertrand featured in last week's 2-0 defeat of Estonia at Wembley, but amid concerns over him playing on an artificial pitch so soon after serious injury, he was then withdrawn from the England squad at Southampton manager Koeman's request.

Rows with clubs over the availability of their players for non-competitive internationals have undermined a succession of England managers, and may again surface for November's friendlies with France and Spain.

However, Koeman said that if they do they will not be of his making because he would have no problem with Hodgson calling up Bertrand, or Steven Caulker, Jay Rodriguez and James Ward-Prowse, who are also in contention.

"Why not? It's a good experience for the players," Koeman said.

"I'm not against international duties because I think it's a compliment to the players, it's a compliment to the club.

"Of course it's more difficult because we had 15, 16 players out for 10 days (during the past international football break), but they deserve it, and that means the development of Southampton.

"I spoke to Ryan (Bertrand), I spoke to Dave (Watson, England and Southampton's goalkeeping coach).

"It's important to have Dave also in the English national staff, but Ryan was a long time out from football (through injury), the second match was on the artificial grass, and I asked Dave, 'Can you have a talk to the national coach? Maybe it's better for Ryan to play one time and not to play on the artificial grass'.

"But it's advice, and I'm happy that (Hodgson) did that advice because it's important for the player to keep his physical (conditioning), and to know that he was a long time out.

"I appreciate that very much but I understand, it's difficult always., If he does it differently (to my request), I have to respect that, but in the case of Ryan I was very pleased that he didn't play the second match."

Southampton will be without Shane Long for the visit of Leicester after the forward injured ankle ligaments while on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.

Midfielder Jordy Clasie, however, seems in line for his Barclays Premier League debut, having been sidelined since suffering a * injury in July's Europa League victory over Vitesse Arnhem, although Koeman may not risk him from the start.

Koeman's only other absentees are long-term injury victims - goalkeeper Fraser Forster and defender Florin Gardos.

Nathan Dyer could return for Leicester after recovering from a knee injury.

The on-loan Swansea winger has not played since suffering the injury while scoring the winner in the 3-2 victory against Aston Villa last month, but is now fit again.

Boss Claudio Ranieri will assess Riyad Mahrez and Jeff Schlupp after their return from international duty with Algeria and Ghana respectively, but they are expected to feature, while Ranieri has no other injury worries after the international break.

Ranieri revealed he could have been Southampton boss before his Greek tragedy.

The Leicester manager admitted he held talks with the Saints before they appointed current chief Ronald Koeman last summer.

Instead, Ranieri took charge of Greece in July 2014 - just weeks after Koeman took the Saints job - but was sacked four months into the post having lost to the Faroe Islands which left them bottom of their Euro 2016 qualifying group.

The Foxes go to St Mary's on Saturday and Ranieri admitted he made a mistake taking the Greece job after speaking to Southampton when the Saints were searching for Mauricio Pochettino's replacement.

"Yes," he said, when asked if he held talks with the Saints.

"I was interested, but after that there was also the Greece job - and I made a mistake.

"It was important that it was the right moment - and it (Southampton) wasn't the right moment for me.

"This is the right moment at Leicester."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #494 on: October 17, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool

GHugo Lloris
DJan Vertonghen
DDanny Rose
DKyle Walker
DToby Alderweireld
MNacer Chadli
MChristian Eriksen
MErik Lamela
MDele Alli
MMousa Dembele
FHarry Kane

GSimon Mignolet
DNathaniel Clyne
DMamadou Sakho
DMartin Skrtel
DAlberto Moreno
MEmre Can
MPhilippe Coutinho
MJames Milner
MLucas
MAdam Lallana
FDivock Origi

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »
First Half ends, Tottenham Hotspur 0, Liverpool 0.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool

GHugo Lloris
DJan Vertonghen
DDanny Rose
DKyle Walker
DToby Alderweireld
MNacer Chadli
MChristian Eriksen
MErik Lamela
MDele Alli
MMousa Dembele
FHarry Kane

GSimon Mignolet
DNathaniel Clyne
DMamadou Sakho
DMartin Skrtel
DAlberto Moreno
MEmre Can
MPhilippe Coutinho
MJames Milner
MLucas
MAdam Lallana
FDivock Origi

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #496 on: October 17, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
Liverpool played out a goalless draw at Tottenham Hotspur as Jurgen Klopp took charge of the visitors for the first time.

Klopp had to contend with an injury crisis for his first match that saw Daniel Sturridge join fellow strikers Christian Benteke and Danny Ings on the sidelines along with Jordan Henderson.

However, Liverpool made a bright start, and they might well have had the lead when Divock Origi headed against the crossbar.

Tottenham battled back, and substitute Clinton Njie -- on for the injured Nacer Chadli -- brought a good save from Simon Mignolet just before the half-hour mark before Harry Kane and Dele Alli went close in quick succession.

The second half brought far fewer chances at both ends, although Kane came close in the 84th minute when his low drive brought a good save from Mignolet, while Emre Can fired just wide shortly before the final whistle.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #497 on: October 17, 2015, 10:24:14 PM »
7'
Goal! Manchester City 1, Bournemouth 0. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Wilfried Bony.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #498 on: October 17, 2015, 10:25:16 PM »
11'
Goal! Manchester City 2, Bournemouth 0. Wilfried Bony (Manchester City) left footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
HT

Chelsea 1-0 Villa
Palace 1-1 Westham
Everton 0-2 MU
MC 4-1 Bournemouth
Southampton 2-0 Leicester