Watford
0 (0%)
West Bromwich Albion
0 (0%)
West Ham
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 03, 2015, 12:43:34 PM

Author Topic: Barclays Premier League 2015/16  (Read 35170 times)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Re: Barclays Premier League 2015/16
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »

Half time:
AFC Bournemouth 0-0 Aston Villa

Everton 0-1 Watford

Leicester City 3-0 Sunderland

Norwich City 0-1 Crystal Palace
Namotasapakawatoarahatosamasamputasa

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »
65 mins
AFC Bournemouth 0-0 Aston Villa

Everton 0-1 Watford

Leicester City 3-1 Sunderland

Norwich City 0-2 Crystal Palace

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »
80 mins
AFC Bournemouth 0-1 Aston Villa

Everton 1-1 Watford

Leicester City 4-2 Sunderland

Norwich City 1-2 Crystal Palace

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2015, 12:04:38 AM »
Full time

Manchester Utd 1-0 Tottenham

AFC Bournemouth 0-1 Aston Villa

Everton 2-2 Watford

Leicester City 4-2 Sunderland

Norwich City 1-3 Crystal Palace

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2015, 12:32:08 AM »
Defending Champion Chelsea vs Swansea is up next  :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2015, 04:53:47 AM »
Defending Champion Chelsea vs Swansea is up next  :clap:

Chelsea were held 2-2 in the opening games of the season

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2015, 04:59:21 AM »
Serge Gnabry (Arsenal to West Bromwich Albion)

ALBION have completed the season-long loan signing of winger Serge Gnabry from Arsenal.

The talented 20-year-old underwent a medical at the Club’s training ground earlier this week and has signed a deal until the end of the Barclays Premier League campaign.

Gnabry will wear No.31 and is the fourth summer signing at The Hawthorns after James McClean, James Chester and Rickie Lambert.

Baggies supporters can still get their hands on tickets for Albion’s season opener at home to Manchester City on Monday, click here.

“I’m very delighted by the move,” said Gnabry, who is a Germany Under-21 international.

“I see the opportunity that I can play, it’s a good club and I’ve heard good things.

“I’m very happy that I’ve signed here. I’ve got good impressions and I feel it’s a good environment for me to play and also develop as a player.”

Head Coach Tony Pulis added: “We’re delighted to add Serge to our options.

“He is a top player and he will bring us quality in certain areas of the pitch.”

Gnabry, born in Stuttgart, followed a path in football despite also being a talented sprinter as a youngster.

The versatile winger joined Arsenal in 2011 after impressing for VfB Stuttgart.

Gnabry made his first-team debut for the Gunners in a League Cup triumph over Coventry City in 2012 and has since gone on to gain Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup experience, signing a new long-term contract with the London club in 2013.

In all, he has played 19 times for Arsenal, scoring once – that goal coming in a Premier League victory at Swansea City in 2013.

Gnabry also featured for Germany in this summer’s UEFA European Under-21 Championships.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2015, 05:28:49 AM »
Chelsea were embroiled in familiar Premier League high drama as the champions were reduced to 10 men and held 2-2 by Swansea City on Saturday in an entertaining start to the defence of their title at their home fortress.

The new season had earlier kicked off in unique fashion with a 22nd minute own goal by Tottenham Hotspur's Kyle Walker giving Manchester United a 1-0 victory in an undistinguished season opener at Old Trafford.

Never before had the competition begun with a player putting the ball into his own net but the day's late fixture at Stamford Bridge also featured an own goal, plus much, much more.

The rich entertainment included Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois being sent off and the danger of that rarest of events -- manager Jose Mourinho losing a home match to inspired opponents.

The games involving the big guns, neither of whom were near their best, bookended a tough afternoon for the unfancied newcomers with Watford pegged back to a 2-2 draw at Everton after twice leading and Norwich City losing 3-1 at home to Crystal Palace.

Bournemouth, the romantics' favourites after their extraordinary six-year march from near-bankruptcy to the Premier League, had their fairytale rudely interrupted at a vibrant, emotional Dean Court as Aston Villa defeated them 1-0 in their first-ever match in the top flight in 125 years.

LUCKLESS DEFENDER

Six minutes after Oscar had put Chelsea ahead with a 23rd minute free kick, Swansea's new signing Andre Ayew equalised only for the hosts to restore their lead within 92 seconds thanks to a big, looping deflection off luckless defender Federico Fernandez from a Willian cross.

The own goal, which left goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski hopelessly stranded, seemed to have settled Chelsea only for Swansea to roar forward again, with Jefferson Montero in wonderful form, following the break.

After Bafetimbi Gomis beat the offside trap in the 55th, he was hacked down by Courtois on the edge of the penalty area.

Referee Michael Oliver showed the Belgian keeper a red card and Gomis got up to slot the penalty past his replacement in goal, new signing Asmir Begovic.

As Swansea sniffed a similar sensation to when they beat Manchester United in last season's opening game, Gomis even had a goal disallowed for offside amid thrilling combat.

MARQUEE MATCH

The marquee match of the day had seen Tottenham dominate early on until Walker's own goal enabled United, with five expensive debutantes in their ranks, to take the points even though they only had one shot on target.

A late attacking flurry from Spurs was repelled by the hosts' new Argentine keeper Sergio Romero.

Romero, replacing David De Gea, dropped because Van Gaal felt his mind would not be on the job amid speculation over his possible transfer to Real Madrid, made three late saves.

Spurs had been firmly in control until Nabil Bentaleb carelessly gave away possession in midfield allowing United to rampage down the right flank.

Ashley Young's cross looked to have put Wayne Rooney in at point blank range only for Walker to dash back madly to rescue the situation before his attempt to rob the United captain saw him nudge the ball into the corner of his own net.

Watford, back in the top flight for the first time in eight years with another new manager, Quique Sanchez Flores, and a completely revamped lineup, enjoyed a thrilling return at Goodison with Mexican Miguel Layun scoring his first goal for the club in the 14th minute.

After Ross Barkley had equalised with a dazzling effort, Odion Ighalo put the visitors ahead with seven minutes remaining before Arouna Kone equalised two minutes later.

Bournemouth, playing in the smallest ground ever to stage Premier League football, saw their party pooped by Rudy Gestede, Villa's new signing from Blackburn Rovers who headed home a 72nd minute winner.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
Arsene Wenger insists it is imperative Arsenal hit the ground running in their bid to win a first Barclays Premier League title in 12 years.

The Gunners open their campaign against West Ham at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday following a strong pre-season.

Arsenal triumphed in the Asia and Emirates Cups while manager Wenger finally beat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea at the 14th attempt in last Sunday's Community Shield.

But although Wenger's side enjoyed a strong finish to the 2014-15 season, they had won just two of their opening eight Premier League matches.

The Frenchman, heading into his 20th campaign as Arsenal boss, is desperate to avoid a repeat performance this term.

"I'm motivated to start well," said Wenger, who will be without Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky for the season opener.

"One of our targets is to start strongly, we've had good preparation and that should give us much-needed confidence.

"The Premier League is a fight in every single game so we have to prepare ourselves mentally for that and come out of the blocks straight away against West Ham.

"Every game of pre-season went well, and I cannot remember a much better preparation.

"We won the FA Cup last year, we finished third in the league so our target is very high - we want to win the Premier League."

Alexis Sanchez returned to training only this week following his exploits with Chile in the Copa America over the summer.

But Wenger refused to rule him out of taking part in Arsenal's curtain raiser at the Emirates.

He said: "It is about my decision. I think he came back in a good shape.

"Will he not be involved at all on Sunday? I don't know yet. It depends a little bit on what I see tomorrow (Saturday) and who will be available. He understands that perfectly well."

Aaron Cresswell is targeting another strong start to the season for West Ham - but knows they must carry it into the new year this time around.

New boss Slaven Bilic is in charge of his first top-flight game with the Croatian having already seen his side dumped out of the Europa League as the club prioritise their domestic campaign.

Last season under Sam Allardyce, West Ham started strongly before tailing off massively during the second-half of the season and finishing down in 12th after a potential top-eight spot slipped away.

Cresswell played his part as one of a host of new arrivals and the reigning Hammer of the Year wants a similar start this time around.

"Last year we hit the ground running with the signings that came into the building and hopefully we can do the same this year," he told West Ham TV.

"We had a good first half to the season last season, but the second half wasn't so good. If we can get a good start and take it into the Christmas period, we can kick on from there. The main aim is to finish in the top 10."

A trip to the Emirates Stadium is a difficult start for Bilic, who left a host of first-team regulars at home as they lost to Romanian side Astra Giurgiu on Thursday night.

Cresswell admits the early start to Europa League action was not ideal but believes they can get a positive result from the London derby.

"We have prepared ourselves the best we possibly could do over the last few weeks," he added.

"It's been tough at times, playing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, but we've adapted well to it and hopefully it will stand us in good stead come the start of the Premier League season.

"It's the Premier League and anyone can beat anyone, but we know it's not going to be easy going there and it's not going to be a stroll in the park.

"We're going to go there and give 110 per cent, as we will in every game we play, and hopefully we'll get a result there."

Bilic has an almost fully-fit squad to choose from although loanee Carl Jenkinson is unavailable against his parent club.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2015, 07:03:25 PM »
Newcastle vs Southampton

"I have tried a couple of times to come back but it is difficult for an England manager to come back and manage - Sir Bobby (Robson) didn't do a bad job but there were quite a few years in between.

"Hopefully those years have set me up to do that. You want to come back in the Premier League and if you want to pick a club, there are not many as big as Newcastle United in terms of potential."

McClaren has accepted there can be no honeymoon period as he tries to lift the gloom of despondency that hung over Tyneside during last season's calamitous campaign.

A summer spending spree which has brought in the likes of Gini Wijnaldum, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba - plus a contract extension for captain Fabricio Coloccini this week - have gone some way to improving the mood.

McClaren knows the onus is now on him to win over those doubters who remain unconvinced by his appointment to replace former caretaker-boss John Carver in the summer.

"I can understand that point of view and it's no problem," added McClaren. "I've got the opportunity and it's something I've wanted since I've lived in this area.

"Where ever you go, you want to make it work. That is the difference. Before, it was drive and ambition and everything and now it's 'let's do the job'.

"Where ever I have been since then (England), I have said, 'that's it, I just want to do the job here and not have ambitions for anywhere else - and so I am here."

While Wijnaldum is set to start against Saints, McClaren is unlikely to risk either Mitrovic or Mbemba from the start to their relative lack of match fitness.

Southampton assistant manager Erwin Koeman, meanwhile, is aware that his side need to match increased expectations at St Mary's this season.

Repeating last year's seventh-place finish looks a tough ask, but Koeman knows that is what many will be expecting as Saints approach Sunday's season opener at Newcastle.

"Of course, some of them they know what the Premier League is like and you need every game, you need 100 per cent intensity or you lose games," he said.

"We lost games last year against Sunderland, Leicester, and they played with more intensity than we did.

"We won a lot of games last year and we know how to play and we like to play on the same way.

"We have to improve ourselves because the expectations also in Southampton are higher than last year."

Coloccini is also facing a late fitness test after missing almost the entirety of the Magpies' pre-season programme with an Achilles complaint.

Jordy Clasie and Shane Long will be assessed after the pair missed Thursday's 2-0 Europa League win at Vitesse Arnhem due to a * injury and illness respectively.

Saints manager Ronald Koeman may also miss the match as a ruptured Achilles likely requires an operation while Ryan Bertrand, Gaston Ramirez, Florin Gardos and Fraser Forster are absent.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2015, 07:12:06 PM »
Stoke City vs Liverpool

Stoke boss Mark Hughes is braced for a Liverpool backlash at the Britannia Stadium as Brendan Rodgers' men make an immediate return to the venue of one of their most embarrassing defeats.

Rodgers' side return to the Potteries this Sunday just three months on from their 6-1 capitulation on the final day of the 2014-15 season, a loss which rounded off a dismal run-in for the five-time European Cup winners.

New Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson recently revealed he is still haunted by the memories of the club's heaviest reverse in 52 years, but they will get a chance to exact a measure of revenge in their first contest of the new campaign.

Hughes acknowledges lightning is unlikely to strike twice when they host Rodgers' new-look outfit again and believes the thrashing they administered will serve as motivation.

"I don't think there's too many of us that feel what happened in that game will be repeated," the Welshman said.

"We'd like to think it would be but Liverpool will have a lot to say about it.

"At the beginning of the season expectations are always high for everybody and no less so from a club the stature of Liverpool.

"They'll be wanting to address that, it was certainly a blot on their copybook.

"I've heard their players talk about how they want to make sure that it doesn't happen again. The reverse of that is obviously we'll have something to say about that as well.

"We're hoping for a positive start to what we hope is going to be a very successful season."

Liverpool boss Rodgers has stressed lessons have been learned from the "unacceptable" previous outing at Stoke, and described Sunday's rematch as the ''perfect'' opening fixture.

"I aim to never ever have anything like that again in my career," Rodgers said.

"That was my worst day in football, by a long way.

"But there were great lessons learned from that. The supporters were rightly absolutely devastated and we are determined to put things right.

''When the fixture came out (Sunday's game), I felt we couldn't have had a better one to be honest.

''I think lots of people looked at it wondering whether we would have been better going back later, but for me it was the perfect fixture.

''The reaction (to the loss) over the course of the summer has been terrific and it gives us real motivation now to start the season well.''

Summer recruits James Milner, Christian Benteke, Danny Ings, Roberto Firmino and Nathaniel Clyne are poised for competitive Reds debuts, while it remains to be seen whether forwards Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini - who both look set to leave the club - are involved.

Midfielder Joe Allen (*) has joined striker Daniel Sturridge (hip) and defender Jon Flanagan (knee) on the list of those missing out through injury.

Stoke will be without captain Ryan Shawcross, but striker Bojan Krkic is in line to make his first competitive appearance in seven months.

Defender Marc Wilson (ankle) and winger Marko Arnautovic (thigh) are doubtful but new signing Ibrahim Afellay is expected to feature.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
15 mins:

Arsenal 0-0 Westham

Newcastle 0-0 Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
Half time:

Arsenal 0-1 Westham

Newcastle 1-1 Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »
60 minutes:

Arsenal 0-2 Westham

Newcastle 2-1 Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2015, 10:22:54 PM »
80 minutes:

Arsenal 0-2 Westham

Newcastle 2-1 Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2015, 10:51:41 PM »
Full time:

Arsenal 0-2 Westham  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Newcastle 2-2 Southampton

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
Up next: Stoke vs Liverool

Go go liverpool  :clap: :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »
22 minutes Stoke 0-0 Liverpool

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »
HT minutes Stoke 0-0 Liverpool

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2015, 12:44:56 AM »

80 minutes Stoke 0-0 Liverpool

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2015, 12:45:20 AM »
Full time:

Arsenal 0-2 Westham  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Newcastle 2-2 Southampton

Aiseh....  :S
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2015, 12:52:09 AM »
Aiseh....  :S
Arsenal never lose to Westham many many many years already

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »
Coutinho last minute goal gives Liverpool first win of the season.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
LONDON (Reuters) - West Ham United capitalised on mistakes by new Arsenal new goalkeeper Petr Cech to secure a surprise 2-0 Premier League victory at the Emirates and leave the Gunners deflated on Sunday.

Philippe Coutinho's stunning late strike gave Liverpool a 1-0 victory at Stoke City to avenge their 6-1 defeat at the Britannia Stadium on the final day of last season.

Steve McClaren's reign as Newcastle United manager began with a 2-2 home draw against Southampton.

Arsenal, full of opening-weekend optimism, knew the importance of a good start to the season after five draws and a defeat in the first eight games of the last campaign left them too far behind eventual champions Chelsea.

Victory over Chelsea in the Community Shield fuelled hopes that Arsene Wenger's side could improve on last season's third place but goals from Cheikhou Kouyate and Mauro Zarate earned West Ham victory in Slaven Bilic's first league game in charge.

Arsenal were booed off at the final whistle with Cech culpable in both West Ham goals.

The former Chelsea keeper was signed during the close season to shore Arsenal up defensively but the experienced Czech had a day to forget in the north London sunshine.

Just before halftime he came flying out to punch Dimitri Payet's free kick but was beaten to the ball by the head of Kouyate. Twelve minutes after the restart Zarate's low strike sneaked past him at the near post.

West Ham, who gave a Premier League debut to 16-year-old midfielder Reece Oxford, were deserved winners.

"We are all very pleased and it is great start for us. Not only for the three points but points against a team that are the title contenders," former West Ham player Bilic said.

"If you add to that a London derby, it makes it an even bigger win. This is very special."

Wenger described the result as an accident.

"We know fitness-wise West Ham were ahead of us, they had already played competitive games (in the Europa League). You never get the same intensity," the Frenchman said.

"Today we have been hurt mentally and it is a good opportunity to respond."

COUTINHO MAGIC

Humiliated by Mark Hughes's side in their last Premier League outing, Liverpool's return to Stoke was a much calmer affair.

Brendan Rodgers came under fire from fans after finishing sixth last term and the Liverpool boss invested heavily in a wealth of attacking options tasked with increasing the number of goals scored from last season's paltry 52.

Striker Christian Benteke, the pick of the bunch as a 32.5 million-pounds ($50.4 million) signing from Aston Villa, was starved of service but Coutinho came to Liverpool's rescue in a match of few chances.

The little Brazilian eased past two Stoke players in the 86th minute before unleashing an unstoppable drive past the Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland.

MISSING KOEMAN

As Newcastle boss McClaren stepped foot in a dugout as a Premier League manager for the first time since 2006, his opposite number Ronald Koeman was nowhere to be seen after undergoing an operation for a ruptured Achilles this week.

The Saints seemed unaffected by their manager's absence and took the lead in the 24th minute when Italian striker Graziano Pelle rose highest to plant a header past Tim Krul but Newcastle equalised just before halftime through Papiss Cisse.

New signing Georginio Wijnaldum headed in Gabriel Obertan's perfectly-weighted cross to swing the advantage in Newcastle's favour but Shane Long equalised in the 79th minute with another headed goal.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2015, 08:58:35 PM »
Last match of the week tonight

WBA VS MC  :clap: :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2015, 03:04:55 AM »
West Bromwich Albion broke their club-record transfer fee to sign Venezuelan striker Salomon Rondon from Russian club Zenit St Petersburg, the Premier League club said on Monday.

The 25-year-old, agreed a four-year contract and signed for a fee West Brom say is around 12 million pounds ($18.65 million).

"This is a new opportunity in my career. I can't wait to be with the other players and to play," he said on the club's website (www.wba.co.uk).

"The club showed a lot of interest in me, that's what is important for a player, what you take into account, and there are expectations of me."

Rondon is the club's fifth summer signing, with head coach Tony Pulis also signing Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert.

"He's got a fantastic goalscoring record in some of the top leagues in Europe and for his country," says Pulis. "He's 25 years of age and still to fulfil his full potential.

"We hope he hits the ground running of course but understand it might take him time to settle.

"But we feel with age on his side and the prices English clubs are asking for their players, it's a deal worth doing."

Rondon's arrival could pave the way for a move away from West Brom for England striker Saido Berahino who has been linked with various clubs including Manchester City, who West Brom play later on Monday in their season opener, and Tottenham Hotspur.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2015, 03:13:48 AM »
Jose Mourinho has said Chelsea do not miss goalkeeper Petr Cech and is sure his side will cope well without the suspended Thibaut Courtois when they visit Manchester City on Sunday.

Mourinho was not keen on allowing the 33-year-old Cech to join London rivals Arsenal after 11 successful seasons with the champions, but the manager insists he is happy with the goalkeeping options at his disposal.

"We don't miss Petr," Mourinho was quoted as saying by the British media. "We've got a good keeper, the problem with Petr is not that we miss him because we have two excellent keepers.

"The problem with Petr is that an opponent is better than before."

Cech opted to move to Arsenal after finding himself playing second fiddle to Belgian international Courtois, who Chelsea recalled from loan at Atletico Madrid last season.

Chelsea bought Stoke City keeper Asmir Begovic as a back-up to Courtois following Cech's transfer.

"Thibaut and Asmir are two fantastic keepers. My club did very well by getting a keeper on time and not on the August 31," Mourinho added.

Courtois is banned for the match at the Etihad Stadium after he was sent off against Swansea for a foul on striker Bafetimbi Gomis, which earned their opponents a penalty and allowed them to draw the game 2-2.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2015, 03:15:04 AM »
Last match of the week tonight

WBA VS MC  :clap: :clap:

10 minutes: Wba 0-0 Mc

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2015, 03:23:49 AM »
10 minutes: Wba 0-0 Mc

Yaya Toure puts MC in front  :thumbsup:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2015, 03:41:38 AM »
Yaya Toure puts MC in front  :thumbsup:
MC 2-0, Yaya Toure scores twice

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2015, 03:53:29 AM »
MC 2-0, Yaya Toure scores twice
Half time MC 2-0

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2015, 04:05:25 AM »
Second half pick Manchester City again. Should be able to extend their lead.  :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2015, 04:16:02 AM »
Second half pick Manchester City again. Should be able to extend their lead.  :clap:
57 minutes 2-0

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2015, 06:48:47 AM »
Full time 3-0. Yeah I won 3000

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »
Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama says his side can improve on last season's impressive seventh-spot Premier League finish, and is confident he will take another step forward personally.

The Kenya international, who joined the club in the summer of 2013, played an integral part in the team that secured European football for the club last term.

"I think last season I did well, the team also did well, so come this season I know our fans will demand even more, so we are ready to show what we can do, and personally also improve my game from last season," the 24-year-old was quoted as saying to the Daily Echo.

Wanyama admitted that the loss of midfield partner Morgan Schneiderlin to Manchester United is a big blow to the club, but feels the team have already shown they can overcome his absence.

"I know Morgan was good and also was key to our team, but now also we have to move on and I think we still have a great team and we have shown it (against Newcastle) that we can play without him," Wanyama said.

"I think me and him we understood each other when he was here and it was easy for us to play together.

"But now he's not here, now I have to move on, I have to get on and play the same way I did last season, get used to also my teammates, playing without Morgan," he added.

Wanyama was upbeat about the arrival of Dutch international Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord, and hopes the new signing will offset the loss of Schneiderlin.

"I think he's a good player and I think the Premiership is different and he's learning quickly and I think he's a perfect fit for us," Wanyama said.

Having drawn 2-2 at Newcastle in their opener, Southampton host Everton for their first home match of the season on Saturday.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »
Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes the transfer window should close once the new season starts so that clubs can focus on the competition without worrying about interests in their players.

Martinez has been critical of Chelsea's continued pursuit of Everton defender John Stones, for whom the champions are reportedly readying a third bid after the first two were rejected.

"The window, when it is open and we have to prepare for official games, is very, very unfair. I don't think it is right," the 42-year-old told the Monday Night Football.

"I think we should have a period where we assemble our squad, and then once the first league game starts everyone is focussed.

"I think we forget that footballers have a human side and it can really affect. Players like Stones and (Ross) Barkley have an incredible future and will attract interest from the outside," he added.

The Spaniard praised his young midfielder Barkley, who scored the first goal in his club's 2-2 draw against Premier League new boys Watford on Saturday.

"Ross is a phenomenal footballer, if you want to analyse him from a physical point of view, he's someone quite unique," the former Wigan Atletic manager said.

"He's taken a real learning curve from the last campaign, he's got a very important role, and he's someone that is a joy to work with.

"That personality and that maturity will make him one of the best players in the league, down to his personality," he added.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2015, 03:31:47 AM »
Stoke City smashed their record fee to sign Swiss forward Xherdan Shaqiri on Tuesday as, for the second day running, the Premier League's middle-ranking clubs flaunted their ever-expanding spending power.

Stoke said on their website (www.stokecityfc.com) they had paid 12 million pounds ($18.68 million) to Inter Milan for Shaqiri, formerly of Bayern Munich.

With total outlay in the summer transfer window already topping 500 million pounds ($778.35 million), the signing epitomises how it is no longer just the so-called big clubs who are splashing serious cash.

Not so long ago, fans of modest Stoke could never have envisaged raiding one of Europe's most famous clubs for a talent like Shaqiri, once likened to Lionel Messi when first bursting on to the scene with Swiss club Basel.

But with the Premier League's new 5.14 billion pounds ($8.00 billion) domestic TV contract kicking in from next season, not to mention further riches pumped in by overseas TV deals, previously unfashionable clubs are now in the market for household names.

On Monday, West Bromwich Albion also broke their club record, paying 12 million pounds to Zenit St Petersburg for Venezuela striker Salomon Rondon while the likes of Swansea City and Crystal Palace have also made eye-catching signings.

Shaqiri, who has signed a five-year deal, could make his debut at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday and Stoke manager Mark Hughes said he was excited to land such a high-quality player.

"He's a dynamic and explosive player who will bring something different to the group and at the age of 23 he still has a great deal of potential," Hughes told the website.

"In the chats I've had with him it's obvious that he's excited about playing in the Premier League and showing what he's capable of."

Shaqiri has scored 17 goals in 46 appearances for Switzerland, including one memorable left-foot thunderbolt against England in a Euro 2012 qualifier in 2010.

He also scored a hat-trick in last year's World Cup against Honduras, which featured another, equally spectacular left-foot rocket.

Stoke have long been associated with a physical, typically English style of play but since taking over from Tony Pulis, Hughes has been clearly trying to build a less prosaic, more expansive team.

They also have former Barcelona youngster Bojan Krkic in their ranks while another former Barca player, Dutch international winger Ibrahim Afellay, signed a two-year contract in the close season.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2015, 03:34:01 AM »
Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has criticised the club for their handling of David de Gea's contract situation and advised them to sign Tottenham Hotspur's Hugo Lloris if the Spaniard leaves for Real Madrid.

Manager Louis Van Gaal dropped De Gea from United's Premier League opener against Spurs and questioned the 24-year-old's focus after a summer of speculation over his future.

Real Madrid are interested in taking the Spain international to the Bernabeu, but United are refusing to do business unless the Spanish giants part with defender Sergio Ramos.

Van Gaal was adamant on Saturday that he wanted to keep de Gea at Old Trafford but Schmeichel says the goalkeeper should be released if that's what he wants.

"I'd really like De Gea to stay," the 51-year-old Dane told talkSPORT, adding, "but if he wants to go, let him go and let Manchester United move on."

"It's sad that it's dragged into the season."

Schmeichel, who won five Premier League titles in his eight-year spell at Old Trafford, said United would find a readymade replacement in Tottenham captain Lloris.

"If De Gea goes I would love Lloris to come to Manchester United. He has exactly the style of play and he is proven in the Premier League," he said.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2015, 08:52:56 PM »
Tonight also got BPL watch

Aston Villa vs Manchester United  :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2015, 02:06:13 AM »
Tonight also got BPL watch

Aston Villa vs Manchester United  :clap:

Rudy Gestede may have to settle for a place on Aston Villa's bench against Manchester United on Friday despite his debut winner last week.

The striker, who joined from Blackburn in the summer, scored in the 1-0 win over Bournemouth after coming off the bench but boss Tim Sherwood does not want to rush him after an interrupted pre-season.

Jack Grealish (*), Carles Gil (ankle) and Jores Okore (knee) are out while Idrissa Gueye, Jordan Amavi, Jordan Ayew, Jordan Veretout and Micah Richards are also set for their home debuts.

Tim Sherwood has praised Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner for sanctioning his summer spending spree.

The owner was looking to leave after officially putting the club on the market last year, but after failing to sell he gave Sherwood the green light to spend.

Barcelona's Adama Traore is close to becoming Villa's 10th signing of the summer ahead of Friday's Barclays Premier League match against Manchester United.

It is a change of direction from Lerner after he clamped down on spending under former boss Paul Lambert, and Sherwood is grateful.

"He doesn't have to talk. He is showing it by his actions that he is willing to back this football club and take us in the correct direction," he said.

"I think a football club is like a player, you're always for sale depending on what someone wants to pay. If someone wants to pay a huge amount of money and Randy decides he wants to sell then it's his decision.

"In the meantime he is not sitting on his hands, he is actively trying to do something to improve this club.

"It's good the club have backed me and it needed change. We have sold a lot of players and we brought in a lot of money. The owner has not put that back in to his pocket, he has reinvested it into the squad."

They beat Bournemouth 1-0 on the opening day, thanks to Gestede's debut goal, and Sherwood believes they can topple Louis van Gaal's side.

"It's a transition period for them again, as it was last season. They have brought in a lot of new players," he said.

"I think every team has their own problems early in the season. It's never fluid but we fancy ourselves against Manchester United. We fancy ourselves against any team."

Louis van Gaal has confirmed David de Gea is still not mentally fit enough to play for Manchester United.

De Gea sat out United's season-opening win against Tottenham last week. Van Gaal felt he was not able to focus because of speculation linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

And Van Gaal has confirmed the goalkeeper will not feature in the club's second game of the campaign against Villa.

"No, it's the same situation," the United manager said when asked if De Gea would be in the squad for the Villa game.

United are refusing to sell De Gea unless they get Sergio Ramos in return or Madrid break the world-record fee for a goalkeeper (BŁ32.6million).

Senior sources at Old Trafford insist they are happy for the 24-year-old to run down his contract, and Van Gaal is okay with the idea that the Spaniard will not play for him until the transfer window shuts.

"I have said that already," Van Gaal said.

Sergio Romero deputised for De Gea in the 1-0 win over Spurs and the Argentina goalkeeper looks set to play at Villa Park.

"Normally, yes," was the Dutchman's terse reply when asked if Romero would keep his place.

Van Gaal has no new injury concerns ahead of the trip to the Midlands.

Marouane Fellaini is suspended, Phil Jones is out with thrombosis and Marcos Rojo is still lacking match fitness.

Van Gaal is looking to put pressure on United's rivals by winning at Villa Park.

The Dutchman feels an improvement in away form will be vital to the club's chances of challenging for the title.

"The key for success this season is improving away matches," said Van Gaal, who won just six times away last term.

"We were one of the best last season at home, third.

"I want to create a fortress at Old Trafford, we did that but away we have to improve and we can improve because last year we were not good."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2015, 02:24:19 AM »
Goalkeeper David de Gea still "has the same problem" of not being in the right frame of mind and is out of the squad for Manchester United's second Premier League fixture of the season against Aston Villa, manager Louis van Gaal said on Thursday.

The Spaniard missed last weekend's season-opening 1-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur after Van Gaal felt the 24-year-old might not be focussed amid persistent media reports linking the goalkeeper with a move to Real Madrid.

"There's no difference. The transfer period is still open and he (De Gea) has still the same problem," Van Gaal told a news conference.

Sergio Romero, who signed for United last month on a free transfer from Sampdoria, is expected to continue in goal when Van Gaal's side travel to Villa Park on Friday.

Van Gaal also responded to comments from Hristo Stoichkov, who played under the Dutchman at Barcelona, after the former Bulgaria international said the United boss "destroys" clubs and urged Barcelona's Pedro not to move to Old Trafford.

"I always want to consider who is saying such things and then I know already why," Van Gaal said.

"It is not bothering me. He (Stoichkov) is one of the players I sent away (from Barcelona) and that is why he is doing that. I'm used to that."

Van Gaal endured a difficult start to life at Old Trafford last season as United claimed 13 points from 10 league matches.

United signed a host of players ahead of the current campaign and the Dutchman hopes the integration of his new recruits does not have a similar impact on early season results.

"You have to survive the start. You have new players, a new team, a new team process, the team dynamics are different, so every team has to sustain this period because nobody is 100 percent fit and they have to play," he said.

"I think that we have to pay attention to it and develop, but it cannot cost as many points as last year."

Despite signing expensive recruits like #~ Schweinsteiger, Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, Van Gaal is still looking to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.

"Our aim is to improve our squad and when it is possible we shall do it," he said. "I have said more than once that we only buy when we think it is a contribution for our squad."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2015, 02:36:46 AM »
MU starting eleven against Villa

Goalkeeper:

In his Thursday press conference, Van Gaal confirmed Sergio Romero would continue to deputise for the ‘distracted’ De Gea. Sam Johnstone will likely continue as back-up ahead of Anders Lindegaard.

Defence:

Matteo Darmian was perhaps United’s most impressive player during the season opener and will surely keep his place, with Luke Shaw and Chris Smalling also certainties to start.

Van Gaal is unlikely to abandon his centre-back experiment with Daley Blind, especially after the latter insisted he was clever enough for the role. He will have his hands full trying to cope with the physical threat of Rudy Gestede, however.

Midfield:

Again, it is likely to be unchanged with Morgan Schneiderlin injecting the much-needed energy to an ailing midfield.

Michael Carrick will start alongside the Frenchman with Schweinsteiger still unable to complete 90 minutes and more likely to replace the vice-captain during the second half.

Ander Herrera will join the World Cup winner on the bench as Van Gaal continues his reluctance to start arguably United’s best outfield player last season.

Attack:

Wayne Rooney will continue as the central striker as his manager reiterating his belief the Englishman will score more than 20 goals this season.

There could be a reshuffle with Juan Mata and Memphis Depay as the latter struggled to make an impact from the number 10 role. However, having played there throughout pre-season, it is unlikely Van Gaal will alter his forward line so early in the new season.

Ashley Young will retain his place for now but is likely to be the fall-guy should Pedro finally arrive from Barcelona.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2015, 02:40:25 AM »
Louis van Gaal has made one change to his starting XI for Manchester United’s Barclays Premier League match at Aston Villa on Friday by replacing Ashley Young with Adnan Januzaj.

The Belgian did not feature in last weekend’s 1-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur but tonight comes in to make his first appearance of the season, just a day after the manager praised his work ethic in training and insisted the player “is not for sale”.

United are otherwise unchanged and will line up as follows: Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Rooney. Substitutes: Johnstone, McNair, Valencia, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Young, Chicharito.

As you can see, new signing Sergio Romero has retained his place in the absence of David De Gea – who the manager is omitting due to the distracting speculation surrounding his future. 

#~ Schweinsteiger is on the bench for the second match running as the German continues to build his match fitness. Ander Herrera is also among the replacements and he will no doubt hope to mark his 26th birthday with a positive cameo at Villa Park.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2015, 02:52:18 AM »
Here we go:

Man Utd: Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Depay, Januzaj, Rooney
Subs: Hernandez, Young, Herrera, Valencia, Schweinsteiger, McNair, Johnstone

Villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Veretout, Gueye, Westwood, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Sinclair
Subs: Baker, Richardson, Hutton, Sanchez, Kozak, Bunn, Gestede

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:28 AM »
25 mins Villa 0-0 MU

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2015, 03:29:50 AM »
GOAL - Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
Adnan Januzaj (30 mins)

First shot on target, first goal for Manchester United. Great work from Juan Mata as he puts Adnan Januzaj through on the left, Micah Richards races over and slides in but Januzaj keeps his composure to avoid the challenge and drive the ball into the far corner, with the help of a slight deflection.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2015, 03:40:38 AM »
HALF-TIME
Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd

Whistle goes and so ends not the most memorable halves of football. So far so good for Manchester United.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2015, 04:01:57 AM »
Not since 1995 have Aston Villa beaten Manchester United in the league at home. There's nothing to suggest that run will end tonight.

How long before Rudy Gestede is thrown into the mix? Tim Sherwood suggested before the game he is not ready for the full 90 minutes, but you would think he would cause Daley Blind and Chris Smalling a few more problems.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2015, 04:14:03 AM »
Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
60 minutes

Louis van Gaal responds by making changes of his own. Goalscorer Adnan Januzaj departs, along with Michael Carrick. Birthday boy Ander Herrera and #~ Schweinsteiger to add some fresh legs in midfield.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »
SUBSTITUTION
Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
78 mins
Time is fast running out for Aston Villa to get something from this game and Tim Sherwood makes his second change, Carlos Sanchez replacing Jordan Veretout.