Author Topic: 2015 TOTAL BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in JAKARTA  (Read 9115 times)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
2015 TOTAL BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in JAKARTA
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:54:44 AM »
 :clap: :clap:
Namotasapakawatoarahatosamasamputasa

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
Re: 2015 TOTAL BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in JAKARTA
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:55:57 AM »
The most prestigious tournament in Badminton. Competing as individuals in five events, Men’s singles, Women’s singles, Men’s and Women’s doubles and Mixed doubles, success conveys the title of World Champion on the winner(s).

First held in 1977  and it was originally held once every three years (1977, 1980, 1983). From 1983 to 2005 it was held every two years, and from 2005 onwards it was held every year except during Olympic years where the winner of the Olympic title is considered the ‘world champion’ in all but name.

Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI) hosted the prestigious 2nd edition for the first time in 1980 and the sixth edtion in 1989 in Jakarta. After twenty- six years lapsed, once again they host the 22nd edition of BWF World championships  from 10 - 16 August 2015. The tournament will be held at  Istora – Gelora Bung Karno Senayan a multi-purpose arena, Jakarta with 9000 seating capacity. The championships will see approximately 400 of the world’s top players representing five continents competing for the title of World Champion.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:47 AM »
印尼雅加达羽球世锦赛周二进行抽签,大马男单李宗伟和深陷东南亚魔咒的林丹被分在下半区,若两人能过关斩将,就有望在半决赛上演“李林之战”。

世锦赛于8月10日在雅加达拉开战幕,这是李宗伟第9次出战世锦赛,也可能是最后一次参加世锦赛。33岁的宗伟曾3次杀进世锦赛决赛,但均与冠军擦肩而过。他本次与5届世冠林丹被分在下半区,两人有望在半决赛上演“李林之战”。

李宗伟以非种子球员身份出战本届世锦赛,64强没有遇到种子球员,对手是立陶宛男单纳维茨卡斯,两人曾在北京奥运会羽球赛16强赛相遇,宗伟是当时的赢家。德国12号种子祖贝勒可能成为宗伟在次圈的对手,估计前者无法阻拦拿督前进。

宗伟将与中国8号种子王睁茗争8强资格。一旦获胜,宗伟下圈对手是香港13号种子胡赟和印度3号种子K斯里坎的赢家。5号种子林丹和丹麦2号种子佐根森被看好直通16强,将遭遇丹麦14号种子维丁胡斯和韩国9号种子孙完虎,两人有望在8强相遇。

祖法首圈碰天成

这一次世锦赛,林丹并不被外界看好,除了低迷外,东南亚也一直都是林丹的噩梦。林丹职业生涯至今,从没有在东南亚三站赛事中夺冠。这一次世锦赛林丹能打破魔咒吗?

上半区,大马自由球员祖法德利将在首圈遭遇中华台北6号种子周天成,前者可能上演一圈游。男单卫冕冠军谌龙没有遭遇太多障碍,预计能够顺利打进8强,丹麦7号种子阿薛森将成为他的在对手,半决赛可能遭遇日本4号种子桃田贤斗或周天成。

由于不同区,谌龙和宗伟只能在决赛相遇,谌龙对拿督的威胁程度,丝毫不亚于林丹。去年世锦赛,宗伟在决赛中不敌谌龙。年轻的谌龙在体力上占优势,技术和经验也到了顶峰。对宗伟不利的是,在最近一次交手中,谌龙赢得了比赛。

目前两人19次交手,谌龙10胜9负稍占优势,如果宗伟在世锦赛决赛与谌龙相遇,两人胜负大概是五五开,不过如果比赛拖到第三局,谌龙取胜的机会要大大提高。

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:07 AM »
Shuttler Lee Chong Wei could not have asked for a better draw.

The unseeded Chong Wei will avoid three top stars – China’s Chen Long and Lin Dan; and Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen – in the early rounds of the World Championships.

Based on the draw released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Tuesday, Chong Wei will face Lithuania’s Kestutis Navickas in the opening round of the world meet in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

The others in his quarter are third seed K. Srikanth of India, eighth seed Wang Zhengming of China, 12th seed Marc Zwiebler of Germany, 13th seed Hu Yun of Hong Kong and unseeded Kenichi Tago of Japan.

Chong Wei is expected to meet Zhengming in the third round; Srikanth in the last eight; and one of these three – second seed Jorgensen, fifth seed Lin Dan or South Korea’s Son Wan-ho – in the semi-finals.

Top seed and defending champion Chen Long is in the top half of the draw with Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, Kento Momota of Japan, Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia and Malaysia’s independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli.

All eyes will be on Chong Wei in the world meet.

A year ago, the Malaysian was tested positive for doping at the World Championships after losing to Chen Long in the final in Copenhagen. It resulted in him being sentenced to an eight-month ban and his silver medal relinquished.

Prior to the Copenhagen setback, Chong Wei came close twice to ending the country’s long wait for a first world title at Wembley in 2011 and Guanzhou in 2013. He lost to Lin Dan on both occasions.

It will be tough for Malaysia in the other events.

Malaysia’s sole men’s doubles pair Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong are set to meet defending champions Ko Sung-hyun-Shin Baek-cheol of South Korea in the second round.

Malaysia’s other representatives are Tee Jing Yi, Lyddia Cheah (women’s singles); Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei, Lee Meng Yean-Lim Yin Loo, Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho, Joyce Choong Wai Chi-Yap Cheng Wen (women’s doubles); and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying, Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing, Wong Fai Xin-Chow Mei Kuan and Tan Chee Tean-Shevon Lai Jemie (mixed doubles).

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:06:25 AM »
Morten Frost has made a frosty remark on Zulfadli Zulkiffli’s ability to make a mark at the World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

The Dane, the technical director of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), said there was no way independent men’s singles shuttler Zulfadli, a former world junior champion, would make any impact at the world meet.

“Zulfadli has not given any indication so far this year to show that he is a contender. I don’t think he has any chance of winning the title.

“He does not have that kind of standard to go far in this year’s edition,” said Frost in his weekly press conference at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

“He is there (World Championships) because he wants to be there ... because he was selected. It is a great opportunity for him to be there. He is there to learn as many others do.

“He has the skills, no doubt about that. But it all depends on how he works at it. He needs to work on his physical condition. If he does these things, then probably it’s possible for him to win in future editions,” added Frost.

The 22-year-old Zulfadli is ranked 38th in the world, but has yet to win any titles – even the lower-ranked ones – over the last two years.

Frost said that Malaysia would rely on Lee Chong Wei in the men’s singles and Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong in the men’s doubles for success in Jakarta.

“We have a two-pronged approach for this year’s World Championships. We have a chance through Chong Wei and V Shem-Wee Kiong and we will optimise the situation so that they can perform to their best,” said Frost.

“For others, it is more of a long-term plan. We hope some of them will earn ranking points ahead of the Olympic Games. And we hope some of the juniors will make a breakthrough.”

Those with an outside chance of creating some buzz are Commonwealth Games champions Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo in the women’s doubles and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying in the mixed doubles.

But Frost lamented on the tough draw for the two pairs.

Khe Wei-Vivian, the 12th seeds, are set to meet second seeds Luo Ying-Luo Yu of China in the third round while Peng Soon-Liu Ying have to get past Indonesia’s Ahmad Tantowi-Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia, also in the third round.

“I hope they can reach the last 16 and give their opponents their best-ever fight. That will be good enough for me,” said Frost.

The World Championships-bound team started their centralised training on Monday. The 22 players will leave for Jakarta on Thursday.

THE SQUAD

Team manager: Ng Chin Chai

Technical director: Morten Frost

Coaches: Hendrawan (men’s singles), Chin Eei Hui (mixed doubles), Wong Pei Tty (women’s doubles), Jeremy Gan (men’s doubles)

Players

Men’s singles: Lee Chong Wei, Zulfadli Zulkiffli.

Men’s doubles: Tan Wee Kiong-Goh V Shem.

Women’s singles: Tee Jing Yi, Lyddia Cheah.

Women’s doubles: Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei, Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho, Lim Yin Loo-Lee Meng Yean, Joyce Choong Wai Chi-Yap Cheng Wen.

Mixed doubles: Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing, Tan Chee Tean-Shevon Lai Jemie, Wong Fai Yin-Chow Mei Kuan, Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »
Morten Frost has made a frosty remark on Zulfadli Zulkiffli’s ability to make a mark at the World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

The Dane, the technical director of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), said there was no way independent men’s singles shuttler Zulfadli, a former world junior champion, would make any impact at the world meet.

“Zulfadli has not given any indication so far this year to show that he is a contender. I don’t think he has any chance of winning the title.

“He does not have that kind of standard to go far in this year’s edition,” said Frost in his weekly press conference at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

“He is there (World Championships) because he wants to be there ... because he was selected. It is a great opportunity for him to be there. He is there to learn as many others do.

“He has the skills, no doubt about that. But it all depends on how he works at it. He needs to work on his physical condition. If he does these things, then probably it’s possible for him to win in future editions,” added Frost.

The 22-year-old Zulfadli is ranked 38th in the world, but has yet to win any titles – even the lower-ranked ones – over the last two years.

Frost said that Malaysia would rely on Lee Chong Wei in the men’s singles and Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong in the men’s doubles for success in Jakarta.

“We have a two-pronged approach for this year’s World Championships. We have a chance through Chong Wei and V Shem-Wee Kiong and we will optimise the situation so that they can perform to their best,” said Frost.

“For others, it is more of a long-term plan. We hope some of them will earn ranking points ahead of the Olympic Games. And we hope some of the juniors will make a breakthrough.”

Those with an outside chance of creating some buzz are Commonwealth Games champions Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo in the women’s doubles and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying in the mixed doubles.

But Frost lamented on the tough draw for the two pairs.

Khe Wei-Vivian, the 12th seeds, are set to meet second seeds Luo Ying-Luo Yu of China in the third round while Peng Soon-Liu Ying have to get past Indonesia’s Ahmad Tantowi-Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia, also in the third round.

“I hope they can reach the last 16 and give their opponents their best-ever fight. That will be good enough for me,” said Frost.

The World Championships-bound team started their centralised training on Monday. The 22 players will leave for Jakarta on Thursday.

THE SQUAD

Team manager: Ng Chin Chai

Technical director: Morten Frost

Coaches: Hendrawan (men’s singles), Chin Eei Hui (mixed doubles), Wong Pei Tty (women’s doubles), Jeremy Gan (men’s doubles)

Players

Men’s singles: Lee Chong Wei, Zulfadli Zulkiffli.

Men’s doubles: Tan Wee Kiong-Goh V Shem.

Women’s singles: Tee Jing Yi, Lyddia Cheah.

Women’s doubles: Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei, Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho, Lim Yin Loo-Lee Meng Yean, Joyce Choong Wai Chi-Yap Cheng Wen.

Mixed doubles: Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing, Tan Chee Tean-Shevon Lai Jemie, Wong Fai Yin-Chow Mei Kuan, Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying

Independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli plans to enjoy himself in his first World Championships in Jakarta from Aug 10-16.

Zulfadli, a former world junior champion, earned his place on merit. The 22-year-old will join former world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei in the men’s singles event.

On Monday, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost dismissed Zulfadli’s chances in the championships, saying “he does not have that kind of standard to go far”.

When contacted, Zulfadli took Frost’s comment in his stride.

“It’s good that such statement has been made on me. It takes all the pressure off my shoulders. I can focus on being the underdog in the tournament,” said Zulfadli.

“I am just happy that I qualified for the world meet on merit. I had to work hard to make the cut,” added Zulfadli, who will take on sixth seeded Chou Tien-chen of Taiwan in the first round.

On his chances, Zulfadli said: “I have been training quite regularly but with some good rest too. Let me do my best and God will do the rest.”

Zulfadli shot into prominence when he beat Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen to win the 2011 World Junior Championships in Taiwan. While Axelsen has gone on to excel at senior level, Zulfadli has yet to do so.

“Every round is challenging for an independent player like me. My plan is to stay focused on my own game. I’m still confident that I will make it big one day,” said Zulfadli.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 05:19:01 AM »
This year’s World Championships will be quite different for shuttler Lee Chong Wei.

He is sporting a different hairstyle and is taking a different approach to the tournament.

One other thing he hopes will be different is the winner – with him on the winner’s rostrum.

The former world No. 1 is hoping to finally get it right in his ninth world meet, which will get under way at the Istora Senayan in Jakarta on Monday.

Chong Wei and 21 other Malaysian shuttlers left for Jakarta yesterday. They were accompanied by Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost, coaches Hendrawan, Jeremy Gan, Wong Pei Tty and Chin Eei Hui and team manager Ng Chin Chai.

But it was Chong Wei who stood out – with his light blue-coloured hair!

“I dyed my hair ... my hair had turned grey over the last few days,” he said in jest.

On a serious note, the 33-year-old Chong Wei admitted that “this world meet will be different for me”.

“This is the first time I’m not seeded for the world championships. I’m the underdog this time ... there’ll be less pressure on me,” said Chong Wei.

“Previously, I prepared for the world meet without a chief coach. This time, I have Morten, Hendrawan and Tey Seu Bock behind me. We have had better preparation and analysis. There have been more discussions about my game and my opponents’. I have improved – physically and mentally.”

Another difference, according to him, is that the men’s singles competition will not be all about him and five-time world champion Lin Dan of China.

Chong Wei feels that Japan’s Kento Momota, India’s K. Srikanth, Indonesia’s Tommy Sugiarto and Taiwan’s Chen Chou-tien are capable of ruffling some feathers.

“I think, it will be one of the most interesting tournaments in recent times ... it will be quite open,” said Chong Wei.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:02:30 AM »
Malaysia’s doubles shuttler Woon Khe Wei plans to greet the hostile fans from Indonesia with a big warm smile.

The 26-year-old Khe Wei, who has good and bad memories of playing in Indonesia, wants to win over the local fans when she and partner Vivian Hoo get into action at the World Championships in Jakarta on Sunday.

“I know that there is a badminton history and rivalry between Malaysia and Indonesia which has brought out the worst from the fans of both countries. I remember when our players were booed each time we played over there,” said Khe Wei.

“The first few times were quite intimidating for me. When we questioned the umpires over decisions, we were often booed by the fans and given cold stares. Some fans even threatened to throw bottles. It was crazy.

“Things have improved over the years. I hope we will be able to put all these behind us. I hope things will be completely different with the fans showing support to us too,” she said.

There were also good times for Khe Wei and Vivian in Indonesia. They won their first ever Open title at the 2011 Indonesian Open.

They also won the solitary point for Malaysia in the semi-final of the team event against Indonesia during the Palembang SEA Games last November at the Istora Senayan.

The duo, seeded 12th in the world meet, may have a tricky second round match against Japan’s Naoko Fukuman-Kurumi Yanao.

“We have a first-round bye and may meet this unseeded pair from Japan. We have lost to them before,” said Khe Wei.

The other pairs in the same quarter as the Malaysians are second seeds Luo Ying-Luo Yu of China, India’s Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponnappa and Japan’s Reika Kakiiwa-Miyuki Maeda.

Hopes are high are on Khe Wei-Vivian, the gold medallists at the 2013 Myanmar SEA Games and 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games to become the second Malaysian women’s pair in nine years to reach the quarter-finals. The last pair to reach this stage was Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty in Anaheim, California in 2005.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 05:05:43 AM »
Malaysian singles shuttler Tee Jing Yi knows that she’s miles behind Spain’s Carolina Marin.

But Jing Yi, 24, intends to narrow that gap should the duo cross paths in the second round of the World Championships, which start on Monday in Jakarta.

The duo clashed at the same stage in last year’s world meet in Copenhagen, where Jing Yi performed beyond expectations – going down fighting 18-21, 21-16, 10-21.

Marin, who went on to win the world title for the first time, has since dominated the scene and heads to Jakarta as the world No. 1 player.

And world No. 58 Jing Yi’s hoping to give Marin a run for her money in Jakarta.

“I want to play better than last year. I’d like to have the satisfaction that I’ve given her a good fight,” said.

“Carolina has been very impressive over the last two years. She’s a fighter. She has good control of the shuttle ... it’s not easy to break through her attacking game.”

Jing Yi’s challenge in the world meet is not only to defy the odds but also to show that she is a worthy replacement for former international Wong Mew Choo, who left the scene in 2011.

“I had some good results when Mew Choo was around, but I haven’t reached her standard yet,” admitted Jing Yi, who won the Perak Open last week.

“I cannot be like her. I’m trying to establish myself as a player with my own style and merits. I will continue to work on my game.”

In the 2007 World Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Mew Choo upset then two-time world champion Xie Xingfang of China to reach the quarter-finals, which is the best achievement thus far by a Malaysian woman singles shuttler.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
So far mixed double pairs one in one out.

Women single Lydia eliminated  :thumbsdown:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »
It was just a blister on the last toe. But it was enough to cause a panic when Lee Chong Wei did not show up for the scheduled training session on the eve of the World Championships at Istora Senayan.

Team manager Ng Chin Chai brushed it off as just a minor thing but admitted that they did not want to take anything for granted on Chong Wei’s preparation.

“The blister on Chong Wei’s right foot is the result of days of hard work. We did not want him to aggravate it, so he was given a break from training,” said Chin Chai.

“He cycled in the afternoon, instead. After all, Chong Wei’s first match is only on Tuesday. He has time to recover.”

The men’s singles first round will be played over two days.

On Monday, former world junior champion Zulfadli Zulkiffli will face sixth seed Chou Tien-chen of Taiwan while Chong Wei will play Kestutis Navickas of Lithuania, Tuesday.

The others in Chong Wei’s half are Marc Zwiebler of Germany, Wang Zhengming of China, Hu Yun of Hong Kong, K. Srikanth of India, Lin Dan of China, Son Wan-ho of South Korea and Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark.

Chin Chai said Chong Wei was lucky to have two former world champions Hendrawan and Morten Frost behind him in his ninth attempt at winning the world title.

“I think the contributions of these two former greats will make all the difference for Chong Wei this year,” said Chin Chai.

“Hendrawan came back from injury to win the world title in Seville in 2001. And he is guiding Chong Wei to make a similar comeback from his eight-month doping ban. I think their partnership has come at a perfect time.

“Hendrawan has a unique way of guiding and coaching Chong Wei and the latter has grown quite comfortable.

“Morten (the BA of Malaysia’s technical director) too has given invaluable inputs. All these little factors can make a big difference,” said Chin Chai.

Malaysia are banking on Chong Wei to end the country’s elusive chase for a world title. He came close twice, losing to China’s Lin Dan at the 2011 Wembley and 2013 Guangzhou editions.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 01:05:36 AM »
Malayia team result on 10 August 2015

MS: 1 in
WS: 1 in 1 out
MD: -
WD: 3 in
XD: 2 in 1 out

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 03:03:13 AM »
Today Malaysia team in action:

1 MS (LCW)
1 WS
1 MD
3 XD

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 03:40:13 AM »
Not many expected independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli to go far in his debut at the World Championships.

But he served the biggest surprise on the opening day by scoring a 21-5, 22-20 upset win over world No. 6 Chou Tien-chen of Taiwan at the Istora Senayan in Jakarta.

The 22-year-old Zulfadli will take on Scott Evans of Ireland for a place in the third round on Wednesday.

Before the world meet, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost had said that it would be difficult for Zulfadli, a former world junior champion, to make an impact and be considered a title contender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Zulfadli took Frost’s assessment in his stride and gave his all against sixth seed Tien-chen, who stunned five-time world champion Lin Dan of China in the Taiwan Open semi-finals last month.

“I am thankful to God for the win today. On paper, Tien-chen is a better player than me but I was more focused today,” said Zulfadli.

“I took a huge lead in the opening game. Maybe he was more nervous than me and struggled to cope with the windy conditions in the hall.

“He caught up in the second game and it was close but I was lucky to nick it.

“I won the world junior title (in 2011) in my third attempt. So, I am not expecting to go all the way to win in my first World Championships. It's just great to clear the first round.”

The 25-year-old Tien-chen was phlegmatic in defeat, but admitted that he was affected by the late arrival for the championships due to Typhoon Soudelor in Taiwan.

“The Taiwanese team were stranded at the airport for more than 12 hours. We checked into the hotel here close to midnight. I came to the match with just a few hours of sleep ... but a loss is a loss," said Tien-chen.

It was rather a good day for Malaysia as only Lyddia Cheah (women’s singles) and Tan Chee Tean-Shevon Lai Jemie (mixed doubles) failed to clear the first round.

Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying and Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing made it to the mixed doubles second round. Peng Soon-Liun Ying will play Hong Kong's Reginald Lee Chun Hei-Chau Hoi Wah while Aik Quan-Pei Jing take on Lu Kai-Huang Yaqiong of China today.

Tuesday will also see Tee Jing Yi taking on top seed and defending champion Carolina Marin of Spain in the women’s singles first round and Lee Chong Wei opening his men’s singles campaign against Kestutis Navickas of Lithuania.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »
21-9, 21-13

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »

21-9, 21-13 (LCW advance)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 07:07:25 PM »
Malaysia Women Single, Tee Jing Yi wins over Spanish first seed and reign champion Carolina Marin in the first set. But unfortunately lost second and third sets.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »
Malaysia team result on 11 August 2015:

MS 1 in
WS 1 out
MD 1 in
XD 1 in 2 out
[/quote]

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 02:45:55 AM »

2 MS
1 MD
4 WD

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 02:55:18 AM »
It was a day of joy and heartbreak for Malaysia in the mixed doubles at the World Championships.

Veterans Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying were in their element as they sent ninth seeds Reginald Lee Chun Hei-Chau Hoi Wah of Hong Kong packing with a thrilling 17-21, 21-17, 21-18 win to reach the third round.

Debutants Wong Fai Yin-Chow Mei Kuan almost made it a double for Malaysia before going down 21-18, 18-21, 20-22 to 10th seeds Riky Widianto-Puspita Richi Dili of Indonesia in a pulsating 75-minute second-round clash.

Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing also failed to make the cut, losing 14-21, 7-21 to Lu Kai-Huang Yagiong of China.

Peng Soon-Liu Ying will next face 2013 world champions Ahmad Tontowi-Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia on Thursday for a place in the quarter-finals.

The Malaysians were early casualties in their previous four outings.

Peng Soon-Liu Ying failed to qualify but were invited to the championships following the withdrawal of Guatemala’s Solis Jonathan-Nikte Alejandra Sotomayor.

“Liu Ying played quite well today and I did my part. We are getting more stable,” said Peng Soon.

“We were lucky to make it to this year’s world meet as replacements. Our good run so far will surely help us gain some points for next year’s Olympics.

“Ahmad-Lilyana are the home favourites. The only advantage we have is the pressure is not on us,” added Peng Soon.

While Peng Soon-Liu Ying were overjoyed to reach the last 16, Fai Yin-Mei Kuan, who were also last-minute replacements, were clearly disappointed to blow their good chance to progress.

Fai Yin-Mei Kuan showed nerves of steel to take the opening game. They even held the lead 17-14 and 20-19 in the decider, but it was not to be.

“We could have won it. I couldn’t control my emotions towards the end,” said a dejected Fai Yin.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 02:55:52 AM »
JAKARTA: There is not much time left for old-time badminton stars Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei.

This makes five-time world champion Lin Dan of China treasure any opportunity to play against Chong Wei of Malaysia before their careers end.

And if all goes well, these two most decorated players may face-off in the semi-finals of the World Championships.

On Tuesday, Lin Dan hardly broke sweat in his 21-8, 21-11 demolition of Sattawat Pongnairat of the United States in the first round at Istora Senayan while Chong Wei made short work of Kestutis Navickas of Lithuania with a 21-9, 21-13 win.

Lin Dan said he was happy Chong Wei is back in action after an eight-month ban over a doping violation.

"I am one of the happiest person that Chong Wei is back," said the 32-year-old Lin Dan.

"Both Chong Wei and I are getting older. We are about the same age... he is 33. We may not last long in the badminton circuit.

"The chances for us to face each other is going to be limited and with that in mind, I will do my best to grab any opportunity to play him.

Arch-rivals Lin Dan and Chong Wei have met 33 times since 2004 with the Chinese maestro winning it 24 times, which includes famous wins at two Olympic Games finals (Beijing 2008 and London 2013) and two World Championships finals (2011 in London and 2013 in Guangzhou).

Lin Dan said several youngsters are making their presence felt lately, namely Japan’s Kento Momota and India’s K. Srikanth.

"Momota and Srikanth have improved and it will not be easy for some players, including me," said Lin Dan, who lost to local hero Tommy Sugiarto in the first round of the Indonesian Open just two months ago.

When asked whether he has done anything special to win his sixth world title this year, he smiled and said: "It's a secret."

Lin Dan won the world title in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013 but last year, he failed to qualify for the world meet in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:17 AM »
The moment of truth has arrived for Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong at the World Championships.

After surviving a jittery start, the debutants have promised to go on an attack mode against defending champions Ko Sung-hyun-Shin Baek-cheol of South Korea in Wednesday’s second round match at Istora Senayan.

V Shem-Wee Kiong went through a roller-coaster ride to beat Phillip Chew-Sattawat Pongnairat of the United States 21-8, 18-21, 21-9 in a quick-paced 37-minute opener on Tuesday.

Wee Kiong had hoped for a blistering start.

“We lost control in the second game. There were many unexpected returns from our opponents and it caught us off guard.

“It was a waste that we could not wrap it up in two games,” said Wee Kiong, adding: “In a way, it was good. We got a good workout and we will be ready for the tougher fight against the Koreans.”

Said V Shem: “We have never played against Sung-hyun-Baek-cheol, but we have beaten another top Korean pair (world No. 1 Lee Yong-dae-Yoo Yeon-seong at a Sudirman Cup in May). Hopefully, we can pull of a breakthrough win here.”

While it will be tough in the men’s doubles, Malaysia have a higher possibility of winning in the men’s singles on Wednesday through Lee Chong Wei and Zulfadli Zulkiffli.

In Tuesday’s opener, Chong Wei showed that the blister on his toe was not a major concern as he easily beat Kestutis Navickas of Lithuania 21-9, 21-13. He will meet Marc Zwiebler of Germany for a place in the third round.

“I am glad that I came through the first round... let me work from one round to another,” said Chong Wei.

Zulfadli, the former world junior champion, will also be out to make his presence felt when he takes on Ireland’s Scott Evans in the second round.

It was the end of the road for Tee Jing Yi in the women’s singles on Tuesday, but the national No. 1 can walk tall after taking one game from defending champion Carolina Marin of Spain.

“It is satisfying to nick one game from Carolina. It gives me some confidence,” said Jing Yi, who lost 21-19, 14-21, 13-21 in one hour and 10 minutes.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »

2 MS
1 MD
4 WD (1 out)

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »

2 MS

1 MD

4 WD (1 in 2 out)

Misaki MATSUTOMO [1]   Japan
Ayaka TAKAHASHI   Japan   -   
Malaysia   Joyce Wai Chi CHOONG
Malaysia   YAP Cheng Wen
21-10 21-9   

Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7]   Indonesia
Greysia POLII   Indonesia   -   
Malaysia   LIM Yin Loo
Malaysia   MENG YEAN Lee
17-21 21-13 21-11

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »

2 MS

1 MD

4 WD (1 in 2 out)

1) Misaki MATSUTOMO [1]   Japan
Malaysia   YAP Cheng Wen
21-10 21-9   

2) Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7]   Indonesia
Malaysia   LIM Yin Loo
Malaysia   MENG YEAN Lee
17-21 21-13 21-11

3) Amelia Alicia ANSCELLY   Malaysia
SOONG Fie Cho   Malaysia   -   
Bulgaria   Gabriela STOEVA [16]
Bulgaria   Stefani STOEVA
21-17 21-14

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »
2 MS (2 in)

LEE Chong Wei   Malaysia   -   
Germany   Marc ZWIEBLER [12]
21-14 17-21 21-8

1 MD

4 WD (1 in 2 out)

1) Misaki MATSUTOMO [1]   Japan
Malaysia   YAP Cheng Wen
21-10 21-9   

2) Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7]   Indonesia
Malaysia   LIM Yin Loo
Malaysia   MENG YEAN Lee
17-21 21-13 21-11

3) Amelia Alicia ANSCELLY   Malaysia
Bulgaria   Gabriela STOEVA [16]
Bulgaria   Stefani STOEVA
21-17 21-14

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 07:32:46 PM »
Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI Malaysia - Ireland  Scott EVANS
21-16 21-13

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 06:46:07 AM »
Naoko FUKUMAN   Japan
Kurumi YONAO   Japan   -   
Malaysia   Vivian Kah Mun HOO [12]
Malaysia   WOON Khe Wei
21-13 21-11   

GOH V Shem   Malaysia
TAN Wee Kiong   Malaysia   -   
Korea   KO Sung Hyun [7]
Korea   SHIN Baek Choel
21-12 21-15

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
Debutants Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong defied the odds to pull off the biggest upset of the day in the World Championships at Istora Senayan.

The Malaysians rose to the occasion with a classy performance to blow away defending champions Ko Sung-hyun-Shin Baek-cheol of South Korea 21-12, 21-15 in just 31 minutes to march into the men’s doubles third round.

They will take on former All-England champions Liu Xiaolong-Qiu Zihan of China next for a place in the quarter-finals.

Wee Kiong remained cool despite the breakthrough win.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Today, we had better control of the game. Our shuttle speed, our movement and pace all fell into place. It was a satisfying win,” said Wee Kiong.

“We were very confident even before going on court. The pressure was on Sung-hyun-Baek-cheol as defending champions, but the win was not as easy as the scores suggest,” added Wee Kiong.

V Shem agreed, saying it was difficult to stay focused throughout the match.

“They are the world champions, but we did well to manage the situation. Sung-hyun-Baek-cheol had a bye in the first round and they struggled to adapt to the conditions.”

On the match against Xiaolong-Zihan, Wee Kiong said: “We have never played against them. If we can maintain our composure and control in the game, there is a chance we can give them a run for the money.

“This is our second big win against a Korean pair. Hopefully, we will be able to show that we can beat the other top pairs too,” added Wee Kiong.

This year, Wee Kiong-V Shem pulled off a surprise when they stunned world No. 1 Lee Yong-dae-Yoo Yeon-seong in a group tie at the Sudirman Cup in Dongguan, China.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 08:06:31 AM »
Malaysia team left 2 mens single, 1 mens double, 1 women double, 1 mixed double

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
Tontowi AHMAD [3]   Indonesia
Liliyana NATSIR   Indonesia   -   
Malaysia   CHAN Peng Soon
Malaysia   GOH Liu Ying
21-8 21-13

Left 2 mens single, 1 mens double and 1 womens double in the last 16

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 01:39:28 AM »
China   WANG Zhengming [8]
21-17 21-19

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 01:40:52 AM »
Amelia Alicia ANSCELLY   Malaysia
Japan   Misaki MATSUTOMO [1]
Japan   Ayaka TAKAHASHI
21-15 12-21 21-14

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 02:03:00 AM »
LIU Xiaolong [9]   China
QIU Zihan   China   -   
Malaysia   GOH V Shem
Malaysia   TAN Wee Kiong
21-18 21-18

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 02:07:13 AM »
Japan   Misaki MATSUTOMO [1]
Japan   Ayaka TAKAHASHI
21-15 12-21 21-14

Amelia-Fie Cho would want to do one better than their coaches by reaching the semi-finals in Jakarta.
Amelia-Fie Cho would want to do one better than their coaches by reaching the semi-finals in Jakarta.

JAKARTA: Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho credited their coaches after scoring a stunning win to reach the women’s doubles quarter-finals at the World Championships.

The unseeded Malaysians rose to the occasion to beat Japan’s world No. 1 Misaki Matsutomo-Ayaka Takahashi 21-15, 12-21, 21-14 in an energy-sapping 58-minute third-round clash at the Istora Senayan.

Amelia-Fie Cho will play the winner of the match between home favourites Nitya Krishinda Maheswari-Greysia Polii and Japan’s Shizuka Matsuo-Mami Naito for a place in the semi-finals on Friday.

On Thursday, SEA Games champions Amelia-Fie Cho started on a ferocious mode. They often rained down smashes from the baseline and it broke the Japanese’s rhythm in the opening game.

Matsutomo-Takahashi recovered from the setback to win the second, but Amelia-Fie Choo never gave up. Although tired from the long rallies, Amelia-Fie Cho kept their composure to record their first win over the world’s top pair. It’s the first time Malaysia will be represented

in the quarter-finals for the first time in nine years.

Coincidently Amelia-Fie Choo’s coaches – Wong Pei Tty and Chin Eei Hui – were the last Malaysians to reach the last eight in Madrid in 2006.

Amelia attributed their win to the inputs by Pei Tty and Eei Hui.

”The coaches gave us the right tips. It helped a lot. Thank you very much,” said Amelia.”We are happy that like them (Pei Tty and Eei Hui), we have made it to the quarter-finals. But we do not want to stop here, we want to go further.

”It will get tougher but we hope to give another good showing,” added the 27-year-old Amelia.

The 26-year-old Fie Cho was overjoyed to end their losing streak against the Japanese.

“I am so happy right now. We have never beaten them and to do so at the World Championships is amazing,” said Fie Cho. ”We played without much pressure and just enjoyed ourselves. This is an unexpected result. It will be tough in the last eight but we will use the same approach – just enjoy the game.”

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:03 AM »
There is a huge gap in standard between Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying and the world’s top five mixed doubles pairs.

It was exposed in the third round of the World Championships at the Istora Senayan on Thursday with the Malaysians going down tamely 8-21, 13-21 to Indonesian third seeds Ahmad-Tantowi-Lilyana Natsir.

It was their fifth loss in six matches to the Indonesians. The Malaysians’ only success was in the semi-finals of the 2012 China Open.

“Peng Soon and I have struggled to beat the top five pairs in the world since I came back from two knee surgeries last year. There have been some improvements but we are still unable to match their pace,” said Liu Ying.

Liu Ying only returned to partner Peng Soon in March this year after being out for eight months to recuperate from the operations. They have done well in minor tournaments, winning the Polish and Russian Opens. But at the major tournaments, Peng Soon-Liu Ying have yet to make an impact.

Peng Soon-Liu Ying were once ranked No. 3 in the world, but now they are only ranked 29th.

Said Liu Ying: “I still find it hard to dash from one corner to another on court ... there is still much to work on.”

Liu Ying said she was grateful that Peng Soon had stood by her all this while.

“It’ll be difficult to go on without a supportive partner and I am glad I have Peng Soon. Together, I am sure we will make it work.”

Peng Soon said they would work hard to find ways to narrow the gap at the top.

“We hope to qualify for the Olympic Games next year. We’ll train harder and continue to find the breakthrough,” added Peng Soon.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 02:18:01 AM »

JAKARTA: Lee Chong Wei let out an unusual loud scream after checking into the men’s singles quarter-finals of the Badminton World Championships at the Istora Senayan.

The Malaysian No. 1 defeated former world junior champion Wang Zhengming of China 21-17, 21-19 in a tight third-round match that lasted 49 minutes.

Zhengming did not make it easy as he kept snapping at Chong Wei’s heels, especially in the second game.

It looked as though the Malaysian was ready to cave in but he hung on to record his 14th win over the Chinese youngster.

“I have never lost to him and wanted to keep that record intact. Before I retire, I do not want to lose to the players that I have never lost before,” he said.

“I had so much emotion going through that match and I just screamed after the win. It has been one year since the last World Championships, where I failed a doping test. I did not compete for eight months.

“I was not sure whether I can raise my form to where it was before the long break. There was pressure and so much of tension. Today, I just let it go.”

Now more relaxed, former world No. 1 Chong Wei said he is ready to up the tempo from the quarter-finals onwards.

“I am getting better in every match and, hopefully, I will play better than today,” he said.

He will take on Hu Yun of Hong Kong.

Chong Wei was happy that he will not be the only Malaysian in the quarter-finals this time.

He will be joined by women doubles shuttlers Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Choo.

“I am proud of their performances. Our men’s doubles shuttlers (Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong) have also done well to beat a top pair (Ko Sung-hyun-Shin Baek-cheol in the second round). It is good for Malaysian badminton,” said Chong Wei.

Independent shuttler Zulfadli Zulkiffli failed to make it a grand day when he ran out of steam against Hong Kong’s Wei Nan in the third round. He went down 15-21, 9-21 in 28 minutes.

Said Zulfadli: “I put too much expectations on myself and made too many mistakes. It was not my game. Overall, I am happy to come this far in my first world meet.”

Wei Nan will take on Kento Momota of Japan while five-time world champion Lin Dan of China will face Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark in a mouth-watering quarter-final clash.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 02:23:04 AM »
Two more Malaysian left in last eight:

Indonesia   Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7]
Indonesia   Greysia POLII

Hong Kong   HU Yun [13]

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7]   Indonesia
Malaysia   Amelia Alicia ANSCELLY
Malaysia   SOONG Fie Cho
21-11 21-11

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2015, 05:44:51 PM »
Quarterfinal,

Lee Chong Wei vs Hu Yun (HKG) winning by 21-12, 21-18   :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
Quarterfinal,

Lee Chong Wei vs Hu Yun (HKG) winning by 21-12, 21-18   :clap:
Ya I see the live just now  :thumbsup: :handshake:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
Tomorrow will be LCW vs Lin Dan

Finally they meet in an official game :clap: :thumbsup:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
Tomorrow will be LCW vs Lin Dan

Finally they meet in an official game :clap: :thumbsup:
Opps Lin Dan lost to Jorgensen. So tomorrow semi will be LCW vs Jorgensen.  :phew:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2015, 04:32:00 AM »
Lee Chong Wei will let it rip as he eyes a place in the final.

The 33-year-old Chong Wei made it to the last four after sending Hu Yun of Hong Kong packing with a 21-12, 21-18 win in 38 minutes at Istora Senayan.

He showed a lot of aggression in the opening game to win easily but Hu Yun broke Chong Wei’s rhythm in the second.

Chong Wei will face surprise semi-finalist Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen who stunned Chinese ace Lin Dan.

Although Chong Wei has an impressive record against the Dane, he would treat the match as though “it’s the final”.

“Many wanted me to play against Lin Dan but to me, it did not matter who I play.

“I need to be physically and mentally strong to face my opponents.

“Today, I played with more consistency. Hu Yun was so fired up to beat me that even the way he walked and behaved on court was so different. I have never seen him shouting so much.”

Chong Wei will be out to show the same aggression on court against Jorgensen.

“There is two more steps for me to win the world title. The pressure will always be there. I am prepared,” added Chong Wei.

Five-time world champion Lin Dan was disappointed that a battle against Chong Wei failed to materialise.

“It’s disappointing. I did not play well and the condition did not suit me. It’s part of the game. I will stay on and support my team-mate Chen Long.

“I have not been doing good lately but I will come back.

“There are many more tournaments ahead of me and I hope to do well and qualify for the Olympics,” he said.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 04:32:43 AM »
Rejuvenated Amelia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho have set a target to be in the top-10 after their gallant run in Jakarta.

Despite the world No. 24 pair collapsing with a 11-21, 11-21 defeat to homesters Nitya Krishinda Maheswari-Greysia Polii, they can walk tall having reached the quarter-finals.

On Thursday, Amelia-Fie Cho had given Malaysian women a huge boost when they upset top seeds Misaki Matsutomo-Ayaka Takahashi of Japan to become the first Malaysian women’s pair in the last eight in nine years.

Amelia said they failed to bring their “A” game in their defeat on Friday.

“We were not at our best and the opponents were really, really good. This is our first meeting and we have learnt much from the defeat,” said Amelia.

Fie Cho rued their impatience and added that they were a bit tired going into the court.

“We were tired after the big match (on Thursday) but I am sure they were feeling the same too ... we just lost to a better pair.”

Their breakthrough in the world meet marked a great year for the Sabahans.

The duo shot to prominence this year after winning the Indian Open Grand Prix Gold in January and the gold medal at the Singapore SEA Games in June.

“The World Championships here has given us a lot of confidence and proved that we can now challenge the top players,” said Amelia.

The pair will head to the Vietnam Open next, before competing in the Denmark and France Superseries tournaments.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 04:33:23 AM »
Lee Chong Wei has dominated the badminton rankings for almost a decade despite never capturing a global or Olympic title but now the Malaysian finds himself two wins away from a maiden world championship as he continues to thrive following a doping ban.

The 32-year-old stood on the brink of retirement after testing positive for an anti-inflammatory steroid at the 2014 world championships last October, with the prospect of a two-year ban set to bring a premature end to a glittering career.

Lee appealed on the grounds that the substance he had taken inadvertently had no performance-enhancing qualities. The successful outcome was backdated and the suspension reduced to eight months, meaning he was back on court chasing his dreams in May.

A low-key return gained momentum with back-to-back titles in North America and he arrived in Jakarta having lost just one match, to world number one Chen Long. His improving form carried him into the semi-finals.

Unseeded due to a loss of ranking points during his layoff, Lee has ousted three seeds on his march to the last four with Friday's 21-12 21-18 victory over Hong Kong's Hu Yun his most impressive performance in the Indonesian capital.

"I played my best match today. It is a good sign as I will be up against a tough opponent in the semi-finals. I will treat it like a final," Lee told reporters.

"Hu Yun was a different player today...he was more aggressive but I was prepared for him. I controlled the front of my court and also focussed on every point," added the player who has spent a total of 298 weeks at the top of the rankings.

Next up for Lee is a tough encounter against improving Dane Jan O Jorgensen, the second seed, who denied supporters the chance to witness a dream semi-final between the Malaysian and his arch nemesis Lin Dan with a comfortable 21-12 21-15 victory.

Chinese five-times world champion Lin has beaten Lee in four major finals and has dominated their rivalry but the 31-year-old was philosophical in defeat and will hope to target a third straight Olympic title in Rio next year.

"I didn't play well today, was well below my peak and unable to perform to my best," Lin said. "But winning or losing is common in this sport and I will not be burdened by worrying over the result of this match."

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2015, 04:34:09 AM »
Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen says that Lee Chong Wei deserves to be a world champion, but not this year.

The Dane displayed a spectacular show to crush five-time world champion Lin Dan of China 21-12, 21-15 in 37 minutes to enter the semi-final.

His third career win over Lin Dan smashed any hopes of a much-anticipated showdown between the Chinese and Chong Wei.

Chong Wei had earlier checked into the last four after beating Hu Yun of Hong Kong 21-12, 21-18.

After pulling out from last year’s world meet due to injury, the Dane was delighted to stage a strong comeback and promised to be at his best against Chong Wei.

“Chong Wei is back and he’s eager to show that he is the best in the world,” said Jorgensen.

“In my book, he needs to be given a gold medal but I just hope that it will not be in Jakarta.”

“He is a very good player. It is good to have him around. I hope that I can put pressure on him,” said Jorgensen, who has only won once against Chong Wei in 13 meetings, that came at the 2009 China Open.

But before the clash, Jorgensen just wants to cherish his win over Lin Dan, who hardly gave 50% of what he is capable.

While Jorgensen was hitting all the right notes with his precision at the net and slicing smashes, Lin Dan was getting his all wrong with weak returns and uncharacteristic mistakes and rare jumping smashes.

“It was almost a perfect match from my side. I will enjoy this and after a good dinner, I will plan on how to subdue Chong Wei,” said Jorgensen.

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2015, 05:04:16 AM »
Later LCW is going to face Denmark's Jan O Jorgensen for a place in the final.  :clap:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2015, 08:19:01 PM »
Later LCW is going to face Denmark's Jan O Jorgensen for a place in the final.  :clap:
LCW take the first set 21-7  :thumbsup:

Online ORIENT

• Marquess
  • SKRE
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2015, 09:11:42 PM »
LCW take the first set 21-7  :thumbsup:
Lcw won 21-7, 21-19. He is going to face chen long again the the final tomorrow.