Author Topic: AIYOOO...!! DOW COLLAPSED 150......TSUNAMEE WARNING.....BEHEADING TODAY ?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
 >:D >:D >:D...ARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   !

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
Re: AIYOOO...!! DOW COLLAPSED 150......TSUNAMEE WARNING.....BEHEADING TODA
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »

Dr Panic Stations Kimbo,

Yes, this is to be expected. Some funds are liquidating and there could be adverse influence for others in similar plight to do likewise. Contagion? To some extent. Also oil price rise adds to the worries.

In such worrisome market climate, best thing to do is to read a book, talk to your girlfriends, go to the cinema; and for you, time to eat kua chee or kim chee and yum char... And don't bite you fingernails........... ;D

Also good time to catch on some zzzzzzzzz. :)

Opportunity: Buy some more of the "darling" stocks if they dropped like "stones"which I really doubt because local factors will anchor the market from slipping off......... :police:

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:45:51 AM »
i bought some am global property equity fund earlier this year ... it is REITS.... it has been dropping ~12% since i bought it ..... i think it is because they invest quite a bit in US and this subprime issue is impacting .... sigh ..talk about bad luck

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:04:32 AM »
Spawn 101,

Can I know what fund that is?

REITS apparently in some quarters of Europe are touted to be good. My good friend bought and lost plenty there. And so it is no surprise when you lose some too if it is in USA.

Many local funds launched are chiefly buying into the local market and the China markets. The local market is likely to go sideways and who knows where the Chinese rogue markets are heading towards. Shenzhen and Shanghai has been moving up like an arrow.

The way I look at it, there is so much liquidity in the market that most funds will get snapped up ever so fast by the sweet talk of fund managers and data miners/executives at the local banks who knows so much about how much fixed deposits you have salted away at their respective banks.

The only good fund that has come this way is ING's Asiapac Guaranteed, launched May 2006 which could take advantage of all the Far East markets minus Japan since the market moved up vigorously beginning second half of 2006. Within 13 months, the fund touched almost 22% returns, now falling back to 17% because of this current sub prime concerns spooking world markets. They have also launched Baraka SGAM I, a global syariah compliant fund and it is on a even keel currently ; not in the money yet.

ING is in world wide banking group and they should smell a stinking rat from the other side of the world to take speedy action to safeguard their open positions and their reputation.  I have more faith in them. 

For you information Baraka II has just been launched this last week of July and will open for 45 days. Go to the website if you are interested. EON Bank sells Baraka II as well.

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »
AmGlobal Property Equities Fund-
they put 95% of their fund to Henderson Global Property Equities Fund.
they invest 26 % into US, 15.9% UK, 12.7 Japan etc...
here is the prospectus:

http://www3.henderson.com/content/singapore/restricted/documents/products/globalselect_globalpropertyequities.pdf

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »
Spawn101,

Thanks for the web. I will try to digest why you are losing but I am only a layman and logic is my tool.

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:54:41 AM »
no problem .... glad u could help ..... i was planning to leave the fund for long term ... mayb 2 to 3 years ... that is what the bank ppl advise me to do for it

Offline rob2001al2001

• Knight
hello, a newbie here. Wouldn't it be good to enter the global fund now, just when the prices are low (with the current global market downturn). Could buy more units right?

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »
rob200,

Depends what you intend to buy............... ::) ::)

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:20:08 PM »
Assuming you re risk averse, since into buying Mutuals, why not save the money and wait for recession to come?
Oh, don't worry, it will come. It always does. Its the Economic Cycle.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »
Maxforce,

Mob psychology and the greed factor will motivate you to play into the hands of the booming market fever, if the Dow and Bursa goes north once more.........

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
Which is why 90% loses.
The 10% is able to control their emotions.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline Lewince

• Civilian
Hi all TA analysts,

What software you using for analysis? May you tell me the links to get this software and the data source for it? Thanks.