Author Topic: DOW PLUNGE ALMOST 300.....TSUNAMEE + COFFIN ON MONDAY  (Read 16601 times)

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
DOW PLUNGE ALMOST 300.....TSUNAMEE + COFFIN ON MONDAY
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »
 >:D >:D RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNN    FOR    YOUR  LIVES  +   BEHEADING + COFFINS >:D >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
Re: DOW PLUNGE ALMOST 300.....TSUNAMEE + COFFIN ON MONDAY
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
Dr. Kim,

Coffin merchant Kim,
Parang wielder Kim,
Tsunamee killer Kim,
Wrong tips Kim,

Monday will come and there will be some killing of blue chips.
Index may probably fell another 25 basis points

Index on Friday-minimal recovery

So I expect not so much panic selling here but there will be some bargain hunters seeking counters deemed to have good values at cheaper buying prices.

This week is no contra day buyers'week. So volume will shrink.

Good time to prepare lesson plans - right, Dr. Kim???????????????????

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »
 >:D >:D >:Dnow  BEAR  RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN  MAAAA..... >:DCOFFIN .

today's  high  is  tomorow  high

this  monday low  ( u said  bargain)  to  be  tueaday  high........BEAR  MODE  now ! ;D ;D ;D

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »
errorr......today's  low  is  tomoro high...

this  monday  low (  bargain)  is  tueaday  high  >:D ;D ;D

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »
maxforce,
   all the books i have read now emphasize on cutting loss.... how do u differentiate between cutting loss and panic selling .... dow is down 300 points ...

so it is predictable that the stock will fall , shud i hold to the stock ii have now and see it fall  as i believe the shares that i hold are fundamentally sound (scomi, jaks , genting) and will rise again....

or shud i sell first, then go in again when the market stable....

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:32:10 AM »
Spawn,

Just do not panic..............

Let the market fell if you can hold.........

Bear Market Signals:

General world economy is not good
Local economy is not good
Poor foreign investment inflow
Low liquidity
Project risks goes up
Interest rates goes up
Banks become more selective on what projects to finance
Smart money returns to the banks
Some smart money move into bonds and properties
Long term investors slowly move out from equities
Short term investors desert equities-indicator: little activity on penny, first and second liners
Market becomes listless-volume is low
Fewer IPOs
Most IPOs open with little premium.
Less mutual funds being launched.
Government has exhausted money on pump priming

Do add your own list of indicators and signals...................

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »
Spawn,

The Malaysian economy is just starting to move into high gear as the second half of 2007 will see more government infrastructure tenders.

The economy will be sloshed with funds. These are coming from petrodollars, palm oil dollars and construction dollars. Some will go into consumption, some into savings and the rest into investments.

Interest rate is low and so smart money will move out from fixed deposits in the banks.

Mutual funds is consider safer than direct market dabbling. Mutual funds was not a factor to reckon with in the 1997 market. Now it is a big force and can help move markets. ;)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:31:54 AM by jonjee0203 »

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »
i can hold and wait .... but i am also wondering ... which one is a better options.... i know the stocks are fundamentally sound ... i am just thinking from market psychology perspective .... 

if i sell now and cut losses.... i can buy back when the price drop ...
there is a chance that it might be better than holding as we do not know how bearish the market will get until it bounce ..... given the volatile US market conditions and the fact that our market are trend followers

Offline KC

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
I am of the opinion that Panic selling is over for M'sia. If there is gap down on monday, u will have no chance to sell high & buy low!

Now is the time to bottom fishing.
Yummy - Yummy !

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »
maxforce,
   all the books i have read now emphasize on cutting loss.... how do u differentiate between cutting loss and panic selling .... dow is down 300 points ...

so it is predictable that the stock will fall , shud i hold to the stock ii have now and see it fall  as i believe the shares that i hold are fundamentally sound (scomi, jaks , genting) and will rise again....

or shud i sell first, then go in again when the market stable....

There are basically two strategy - trading and investing. If you re trading then you must have a trading plan. Google up trading plan.
Another is investing which often disregard stop loss and encourage averaging down.
Personally I prefer trading.

Take Telekom for example - split adjusted data
If you bought at peak 2004, its 12.70.
Is there fundamental value? Yes.
What price now? 9.65
Will one day rise back? Yeap.
When? No idea.

Or say bought peak 1996 - price 14.87
1998 low was 4.30

How much money do you have to average down?
How long do you intend to wait?

Or simply this round.
Say you entered 24/7 when KLCI 1392 high.
Most stocks get clobbered in the following days.
Heroes charged in and out - traders and investors alike.
I was lucky and remained sideline.

Say we compare the trader level and the investor level is the same. We re not going to compare Master Trader and Master Investor.
Common skills only.
Both are wounded at previous close 1335. Paper loss is unrealised loss, nonetheless a loss. No point consoling ourselves. Its not realised but your net worth has dropped. Assets value decline. Permanent or temporary remains to be seen. Market is never certain.

Question: Who is more wounded? Who lives for another day?

Especially for starters. Say only 10K capital. Bought some shares on 24/7 at high.
One is a trader - stop loss executed and no averaging down. Batterred capital sum remains.
Another is an investor - stop loss not executed. Average down commenced. All capital committed.

Now, if market continues to plunge, then what happens?

The investor is tied down. Now they have to ride with the loss.
The trader lives for another day and has opportunity to absorb less loss compared to the investor. When the turning point begins, the trader can reenter the market without holding mounting unrealised losses through the plunge.
Five points a day, keeps you out of harm's way.

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »
hey maxforce  :o :o
     what you said make sense ...
    and pretty similar to my situation too...i am a beginner with investment less than 10k  ;D ;D ;D
     if i cut loss now, actually not badly battered also.... i think i will cut loss on monday n wait till condition stabilize .. i think the subprime issue is still there and it will stilll plague the market from time to time .... US market kept reacting to the news like roller coaster .....

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:54:20 PM by spawn101 »

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »
Spawn101,

You are referring to timing the market.

Easy to understand the concept and its ramifications but difficult to execute smoothly; buying in low and selling high.

As Maxforce suggested; the options are clear. All involves risks.

Investor:

Ride with your perceived mistake, come boom or bust. Take the paper losses. It's in the mind.

When opportunity arise, average downwards for good blues.

Disregard those punter's stocks; let them slide. Try not to dollar average unless they are the league of new stocks with "potential" and you have bought them precisely because of that.

Trader: Cut loss to re-enter another day.
No holding risks, but losses are real.
No guarantee you can buy at lowest when the market turn around.
You do not know whether the next market upturn will last given the possibility that the jittery issues of sub-prime and yen carrying trade can resurface as they fell by Kim's parang strike....or guillotine.
You may stand to lose a chance to fish at the bottom.

Playing to win in this new fangled market is proving difficult but not impossible.
No matter which option you choose, know your goal and your game.

May lady luck favours you..........
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:20:52 PM by jonjee0203 »

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
Spawn101,

You are referring to timing the market.

Easy to understand the concept and its ramifications but difficult to execute smoothly; buying in low and selling high.

As Maxforce suggested; the options are clear. All involves risks.

Investor:

Ride with your perceived mistake, come boom or bust. Take the paper losses. It's in the m ind.

When opportunity arise, average downwards for good blues.

Disregard those punter's stocks; let them slide. Try not to dollar average unless they are the league of stocks with "potential" and you have bought them precisely because of that.

Trader: Cut loss to r-enter another day.
No holding risks, losses are real.
No guarantee you can buy at lowest when the market turn around.
You do not know whether the next market upturn will last given the jittery issues of sub-prime and yen carrying trade.
You stand to lose a chance to fish at the bottom.

Good summary.
One point though - traders stand a higher chance of bottom fishing - because capital still intact.
There is a misconception that traders must use TA.
Another bigger misconception is that TA must buy high and sell higher.
TA is a chart reading concept. If we want to bottom fish, we use a chart reading technique and employ a specific bottom fishing strategy.
Eg. I have many strategy based on TA in my arsenal. One is breakout, another is swing trading method, another is bottom fishing, another... another... another... too many strategies available. Which strategy to employ? That depends on the individuals' perception of the market condition

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 01:31:09 PM »
Maxforce,

I am no technical geek in TA and such.........

The general idea is you may stand to gain if you exit as a trader at the beginning of the big sell -down but remember also how badly you are hit before you exit. If you have already lost an arm and a leg, I will just let it ride.

I remembered the fall-out after the First Gulf War. I panicked, sold down when CI was 289. By the next morning, it was 262 and I smiled and smirked and snickered.

But what do you know, by that afternoon, bang the gomen bulls came in and toss the prices up. Most stocks like Resorts, Telekom ,Tenaga, Genting, Tanjong Plc  got back at least 3-40% of their original high before the fall. I lost big. I learn I can never time the market.

But it is different with * stocks. Holding Jeram Kuantan (RM12.30)and Austral Amalgamated (RM11.80) was a different kettle of fish. It went down like the SS Poseidon until it flatted out to a few sen. I never did know my shares.So I paid humungous-sized tuition fees. I would love Spawn and Zor to learn my bitter lessons. Avoid these pitfalls.

SO IT PAYS TO KNOW YOUR STOCKS. If they are trading stocks, dump them; cut loss.

If they are true blues held by PNB, EPF and Khazanah, pays to hold on to them because they can bounce back pretty fast.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:38:25 PM by jonjee0203 »

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
Of course, the stop loss is about stopping out small losses to avoid them to become big ones.
The question of an arm and leg should not arise for a trader - assuming the instrument is stocks. (Futures and Commodities are different breed in volatility)

Anyways, I endorse the route of learning. Nobody is born with TA knowledge  :P

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 01:47:26 PM »
 >:D  FRENS.....especially  jonjee  &  spawn....time for  devine help.

both of  u , do pray  to GOD  all night  long , asking god forgiveness for the  sins  u have  commited all year long.....(  **** ?.....beer ?...? )..........
....seems  both of  u are  badly injured  ( now  debt ridden ? )....& ...beware ah long will chase u ! >:D ;D ;D ;D  

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »
Dr. Kim,

You sound like nasib do-re-mi.

Are you P Ramlee's fan club president kah?

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »
 >:D  with  GOD blessing  , jonjee &  spawn .....both of  u  surely be  able  to make  angpows .....
.....but  u must have ( or  afdhally )  knowledge  on this investment....that  y i told u if  possible  to join my class....intro  to investment analysis  -it's  free  ...FOC .

OK laaaa.jonjee & spawn -...u know  how  to calculate the value  of  CALL  WARRANT  :.....involving   excercise  price  +  ratio ?   .....what is the ..payback by issuer such as CIMB / OSK  ?.  why the  bluechip  with  call warrants  are  KAPUT  now   such  as GENTING , MAYBANK  ?

what is the different between old fashioned warrant  & call warrant ?....

jonjee & spawn...! why the  4  new  call warrant (  including KLCI-CA )  listed  on Friday  end-up  as  KILL  WARRANT  ? >:D ;D

learn....learn....must  learn  to avoid  being   >:DRUGI  SOKMO  /  born losers .

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
Dear All,

Friday,3 August must be the worst trading day for Wall Street this year, surpassing the February sell-down.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped 281.42, or 2.1 percent, to 13,181.91. Almost 12 stocks fell for every one that rose on the New York Stock Exchange as all 24 industry groups in the S&P 500 and all 30 members of the Dow fell.

The factors that brought the market down big time were:

The continuing sub-prime mortgage debacle

Fall in energy stocks as world oil prices fell

Lower job creation compared to July forecast

Slow growth in U.S. service industries

The highest fall of the dollar against the euro in a month.

The main trigger for the fall:

Bear Stearns' conference call  after S&P had its credit rating cut spooked the market and the fall was exacerbated toward the closing after the firm said its return on equity in July may be close to the lowest ever and borrowing costs may slow mergers and acquisitions.

Effects of Sub-prime Mortgage Fall-out:

Credit tightening driving up the cost of borrowing for consumers and companies.

Hedge funds which hedged on these sub-primes unable to stem redemption

All round slowing down of credit and slowing down of the US economy

Inability of banks to turn in healthy bottom lines.

Other related developments:

Movement of money from equities to bonds brought bond prices down.

Some hopeful development awaited :

Will the Federal Reserve Board cut interest rate on Tuesday?

Some doomsday prophets statements:

It's going to be difficult for the market to trade with any confidence.

One of the Biggest Bubble.

The U.S. sub-prime-market rout has ''got a long way to go".

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 05:26:15 PM by jonjee0203 »

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
 >:D......so  what jonjee ?...what  will you do on monday  /  strategy ?

the  fact is  that those holding stocks  T  +  4  even T + 3 , T  +  2  NOW  in  HOT-SOUP.......BEAR  IN  MIND   NOW  is  A  DOWNTREND .....repeat  a DOWN TREND.....even sometimes  DOW UP ......but  over all it's  a DOWN-TREND  !!.......

. >:Dthe  same things happen in KL  market....,,it's  not  worth  even stupid  to fight  this  downtrend.......SOROS  too , doesn't want to donate money  to us  in this  type of  BLOODY  market !
-  ASSOCIATE   PROF  DR. KIM ;D ;D ;D

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
......arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  >:D

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »
>:D  with  GOD blessing  , jonjee &  spawn .....both of  u  surely be  able  to make  angpows .....
.....but  u must have ( or  afdhally )  knowledge  on this investment....that  y i told u if  possible  to join my class....intro  to investment analysis  -it's  free  ...FOC .

OK laaaa.jonjee & spawn -...u know  how  to calculate the value  of  CALL  WARRANT  :.....involving   excercise  price  +  ratio ?   .....what is the ..payback by issuer such as CIMB / OSK  ?.  why the  bluechip  with  call warrants  are  KAPUT  now   such  as GENTING , MAYBANK  ?

what is the different between old fashioned warrant  & call warrant ?....

jonjee & spawn...! why the  4  new  call warrant (  including KLCI-CA )  listed  on Friday  end-up  as  KILL  WARRANT  ? >:D ;D

learn....learn....must  learn  to avoid  being   >:DRUGI  SOKMO  /  born losers .

seriously i have no idea ..... if u willing to teach i willing to learn  ;D ;D ;D
i know how to calculate exercise price n ratio ,and understand whether premium or discout....
call warrant is not issued by company but by banks vs old fashion warrant by company?
duno wat is payback by issuer .... dunno why all call warrant end up as kill warrant ....
pls help to enlighthen me ;D ;D ;D

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 11:17:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;Dvery  impressive respone n  indication from spawn  to  learn .........jonjee  , don't  left out laaaa  !

it's good spawn , u  know  that !........4 new call warrant ended  up as KILLER  WARRANT.  pity  to those  kiasuly + greedily bought that call wa....and  many has been roasted to death .....this  coming  nonday  surely COFFIN .

spawn  u see  now  , mother  GENTING  is  purposely being pressed downward to avoid  payment to call wa holders.  the same  thing  applied  to  mother MAYBANK .

actually the bloody  issuer  is the culprit .....the  sc needs  to do  something  ,  to  protect the  'innocent'  traders  from  the manaipulative  issueers >:D  - cimb , osk !

Offline spawn101

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »
wow .... i really din know that ...... that is a surprise .... so , next week is coffin huh ........
how do u see ur darling affin-wb ...expiry date coming closer ..... any posibility to punt as price sure fall next week? or high risk?

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »
spawn  u see  now  , mother  GENTING  is  purposely being pressed downward to avoid  payment to call wa holders.  the same  thing  applied  to  mother MAYBANK .

actually the bloody  issuer  is the culprit .....the  sc needs  to do  something  ,  to  protect the  'innocent'  traders  from  the manaipulative  issueers >:D  - cimb , osk !

Disappointing.
Initially thought Dr Kim knows warrants.
Apparently not.

Excerpt from Alan Voon:
After issuing the warrants, issuers would also incur hedging cost. As I have mentioned in
past articles, warrants issuers exists to make a spread out of volatilities of the underlying
assets. They usually do not take directional risk on the warrants which they issue. They
would conduct constant hedging operation to make sure that their overall portfolio is
delta neutral. When one is in a delta neutral (or delta zero) situation, he would not be
affected by the directional risk of the securities. This means that issuers do not bother if
the underlying securities go up or down because this is none of their business.

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 06:12:17 AM »
dear maxforce...!   

u are a fanatics of allan voon......practically  the issuers  did something ,  'kacau'  - they sold the mother shares - to press down the mother  genting  , maybank  shares -  the goal is to avoid payment to the call warrant holders.....to save money laaaa,,  !.....what happen if  genting  ( sound  fundermental )  is  RM 11  now......mampossss   the  issuer  OSK for ex  .........really MAMPOSSSSSSSS...DIEEEEEEEE   t !

max , u are too naive -' betul bendul '....don't  know  the  tricks of  trading  ........just  blindly follow  what the voon said....note :.voon just  a have   a  basic degree   not  the   PhD  or ...DBA   daaaaa !.....

Offline DR KIM

• Prince
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 07:29:24 AM »
 >:D.....seems  max  remain with his an old fashioned mentality...100 %  followers on  whatever  said in  voon's  article/writing. 

max  u are  no  different  with the retired  uncles / unties - risk averse  too.....so  it's  relevant to call u  now as  UNCLE  MAX  ! ;D ;D ;D >:D

Offline Maxforce

• Baronet
    • Fusion Trader
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »
Lets think for a moment.
Use only logic. No trading skills needed.
What is issuer's business?
If you were CIMB, Hwang and OSK, how would you run the business?

From a purely business point of view, I would buy the blue chips when the price is depressed; ie a bear market.
Tons of qualified analysts are hired. A bull or bear market is not difficult to identify. Close link to other funds also means that they have more information than the public.

So I would buy 100,000 shares of each blue chip at minimum prices.
Then I would issue warrants in bull market at a premium - 30% no problem, instant profit - in bull market its naturally oversubscribe anyway.

Then say public converts all into mother share at profit.
No problem. I (issuer) already made my money. It was bought at depressed prices and sold at bull market premium prices.

Say public didnt convert - I (issuer) have balance shares.
No problem. Sold them at market. Still made a profit. COmpare today's blue chip prices and when they were issued.
Still it was bought at depressed prices and sold at bull market premium prices. More profit even. Minimum profit guaranteed.

Now we have to ask. What is issuer's business? To take risks of trying to control the market without the sufficient mother shares to convert if public decides to do so? Really, not our business. Hedging models come into play. A business is not run in speculative or a punting manner. Ensuring survivalibility, viability is utmost importance. Minimum or constant profit is the major criteria for a business as a going concern.

Hehe Dr Kim, your degree/PHD buy one ar?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jonjee0203

• Baron
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
Dr.Kim,

You must be humble. Like the ripened padi full with grain,it droops in wisdom.

Voon may have a basic degree and I have not read his articles.

But your regular outbursts in this forum does speak volume for you- that you are emotional and you like to hina.....

I think you have few friends, and quarrel with your wife and mother in law all day.  >:D

So you get on this forum and let go steam..... ::)

All your ramblings that you make money on this and that are hoaxes!!!!!!!!!!! :police:

Friends of the forum, let us wise up and not follow Dr. Kimbo no more....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 03:58:43 PM by jonjee0203 »

Offline Zor

• Civilian
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 02:31:48 PM »
Oh wells....i'll just hang on to mine.

But is it safe to hold warrants? i got Insas and Patimas warrants...should i hold this or just let go?

Online ahbah

• Duke
  • You got like my 2 best friends ?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 04:37:17 PM »
DR KIM

What you have to say on HSBC CI falling non-stop to 16 sen now from its issue price of 63 sen? And it is still a falling knife!. Issued by CIMB.