Author Topic: Penang's Faiz Subri scores Roberto Carlos-esque wonder goal in Malaysia  (Read 3269 times)

Offline kittima

• Viscount
Penang midfielder Faiz Subri struck what was an early contender for goal of the season to help his team trounce Pahang 4-1 in a Malaysia Super League (MSL) match on Tuesday night.

The diminutive attacker lined up for a free kick from 35 metres out in the 62nd minute and went on to produce an unstoppable shot that swerved from left to right, much like Roberto Carlos' thunderbolt for Brazil against France in 1997.

Subri's spectacular goal took social media by storm after the game, and even had Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng posting on Twitter that it was the best Malaysian free-kick goal ever.

An early contender for this season's FIFA Puskas award maybe? Fans will have to wait till January 2017 to find out.

Offline aahamzah

• Civilian
Re: Penang's Faiz Subri scores Roberto Carlos-esque wonder goal in Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
I think it was help by strong wind...

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
    • Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
Penang midfielder Faiz Subri struck what was an early contender for goal of the season to help his team trounce Pahang 4-1 in a Malaysia Super League (MSL) match on Tuesday night.

The diminutive attacker lined up for a free kick from 35 metres out in the 62nd minute and went on to produce an unstoppable shot that swerved from left to right, much like Roberto Carlos' thunderbolt for Brazil against France in 1997.

Subri's spectacular goal took social media by storm after the game, and even had Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng posting on Twitter that it was the best Malaysian free-kick goal ever.

An early contender for this season's FIFA Puskas award maybe? Fans will have to wait till January 2017 to find out.

Luck is an important part of life
Can someone to give me a Loan and then leave me Alone?

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »
Luck is an important part of life

Ya lor.....when can I have a limit up stock which I didn't sell it too early..........

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
Ya lor.....when can I have a limit up stock which I didn't sell it too early..........

I prefer to kena toto jackpot. Life is short, have to be ambitious a bit

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »
I prefer to kena toto jackpot. Life is short, have to be ambitious a bit

Than you should hope you get donation RM***** buta buta...........more ambitious......

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
Footballer Faiz Subri nets RM10,000 from Penang government

GEORGE TOWN: The Penang state government has rewarded RM10,000 to footballer Faiz Subri after footage of his sensational free kick went viral around the world.

The 29-year-old Penang player became an overnight global sensation after he scored the goal, with some saying it was already a possible winner of the FIFA Puskas Award 2016, given to the best goal scored during the year.

"The reward is for bringing worldwide recognition and glory to Penang and Malaysia.

"This is the first time a Malaysian footballer has received global fame for the right reasons," said Penang chief minister Lim Guan Eng during a ceremony at his office in Komtar.

The funds for Faiz's reward come from the Penang Water Supply Corporation (PBAPP).

Offline zigzag

• Viscount
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 03:01:43 PM »
after scoring that goal, can ringgit return to RM3.00 per 1 USD ahhh?

:wonder: :wonder:
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

It is dangerous to have a naive mindset, it may cause serious faults in decision making.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »
Footballer Faiz Subri nets RM10,000 from Penang government

GEORGE TOWN: The Penang state government has rewarded RM10,000 to footballer Faiz Subri after footage of his sensational free kick went viral around the world.

The 29-year-old Penang player became an overnight global sensation after he scored the goal, with some saying it was already a possible winner of the FIFA Puskas Award 2016, given to the best goal scored during the year.

"The reward is for bringing worldwide recognition and glory to Penang and Malaysia.

"This is the first time a Malaysian footballer has received global fame for the right reasons," said Penang chief minister Lim Guan Eng during a ceremony at his office in Komtar.

The funds for Faiz's reward come from the Penang Water Supply Corporation (PBAPP).

Like that also consider worldwide recognition? Wah lao eh, a gush of wind just happens to be at the right place at the right time wor. Lim Peh also can 为过争光

Like that Investlah kakis should all meetup and plan to do something together. Maybe Investlah forumers can
- record a album to do country proud
- go bangladesh teach the locals hokkien so that they can fit in better when 1.5m of them come here to work
- rent a stadium and open concert in HK

Become famous nowadays not that complicated.

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 03:13:01 PM »

Become famous nowadays not that complicated.

First, your video......post.......or whatever need to getting huge number of click or like or share or retweet in a short period.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
First, your video......post.......or whatever need to getting huge number of click or like or share or retweet in a short period.

Ok. Ah Gor mood good today. Teach u online trick. The contents actually not important one. Important one is the title.

A: A puppy bit little girl
B: Monstrous Giant Canine Devour Sexi Model   

B will go viral

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »

Ok. Ah Gor mood good today. Teach u online trick. The contents actually not important one. Important one is the title.

A: A puppy bit little girl
B: Monstrous Giant Canine Devour Sexi Model   

B will go viral

I thought something like........."Still remember superstar XXX, the glamours icon in the 90's, nowadays he only manage....too surprisingly......."

Offline exon

• Baronet
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
No wind la.............
its a perfect freekick
sheer class

Offline zigzag

• Viscount
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
after scoring that goal, can ringgit return to RM3.00 per 1 USD ahhh?

:wonder: :wonder:

Ringgit wont return to the previous level no matter how sensational the goal was...

So the goal has got No value  :P
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

It is dangerous to have a naive mindset, it may cause serious faults in decision making.

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »
Ringgit wont return to the previous level no matter how sensational the goal was...

So the goal has got No value  :P

No value for us, but certainly got much higher value for the scorer, he is already RM10k richer courtesy from Penang government, and sure more to come, after become so well known, he may get advertising job, and if he really get the award from FIFA, wau......

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 07:02:13 PM »
No value for us, but certainly got much higher value for the scorer, he is already RM10k richer courtesy from Penang government, and sure more to come, after become so well known, he may get advertising job, and if he really get the award from FIFA, wau......

I find it unfair.

I play pool snooker also can white ball jump over ball A to pocket  ball B. Why never give me 1K?

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 08:54:45 PM »
I find it unfair.

I play pool snooker also can white ball jump over ball A to pocket  ball B. Why never give me 1K?

The mistake you make is you didn't upload it into YouTube and share it out.

Online Ļaughing Ģor

• Global Moderator
  • Marquess
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 10:10:15 PM »
The mistake you make is you didn't upload it into YouTube and share it out.

Everything is packaging nowadays....

Offline kittima

• Viscount
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
This Goal may cost million if it is happen now.