Author Topic: TIME TO INVEST IN BURSA ??  (Read 25097 times)

Online ahbah

• Duke
  • You got like my 2 best friends ?
Re: TIME TO INVEST IN BURSA ??
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
High tide now, everything float up, even rock, stone n iron lah.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2018, 10:26:42 PM »
Our Bursa shall become a TIGER mkt on Monday.  :clap: :clap: :cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 3 — Bursa Malaysia is likely to trade favourably next week, boosted by the just announced 2019 Budget coupled with developments in the United States, said Bank Islam Chief Economist Mohd Afzanizam Abdul Rashid.

He said the recent tweet by US President Donald Trump, although still highly uncertain, suggested that trade tension could take a breather.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 3 — The World Bank has welcomed the comprehensiveness of Malaysia’s Budget 2019 which is aligned to be in line with the policy direction of the new government.  :clap: :thumbsup: :handshake: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
On the foreign front, the unexpected happened. Trump has proposed a meeting with Xi prior to the G20 leaders summit in Buenos Aires (Nov 30 to Dec 1) plus a formal dinner with Xi after the summit (here).

Whether these 2 events could lead to a resolution of the trade war between the US and China remains to be seen, but the motivation behind them suggests that Trump has begun to walk back his belligerent policies towards China.

Once the relationship between both nations is on the mend, trades & investment will flow again. Global economy and stock market may be given a new leaf of life.   ;) :P :)

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2018, 11:17:36 AM »
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway repurchased $928 million of stock during the third quarter.

The move implies that Buffett sees attractive places to invest his money:cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2018, 12:10:49 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Foreign funds returned to Bursa Malaysia last week to the tune of RM322.7mil net of local equities.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's exports rose 6.7% in September to RM83.05bil, which was in line with Bloomberg's forecast, underpinned by steady electrical and electronics (E&E) products.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia is a resilient economy with the ability to bounce back due to strong economic fundamentals backed by a sound financial system, said former Bank Negara Malaysia governor Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz.  :handshake: :handshake: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
SINGAPORE: Malaysia’s state-owned oil company Petroliam Nasional Bhd’s balance sheet can absorb negative discretionary cash flows of RM40 billion for two years before headroom under its ‘aa’ stand-alone credit profile starts to reduce, S&P Global Ratings said in a report.

S&P said the company’s solid balance sheet, sizable net cash position and liquidity provide ample buffer against payment of a one-off dividend to govt that could reach RM30 billion.

“Impact of a one-off dividend of this size is moderate for Petronas’ cash position and balance sheet quality,” the rating agency said.

It can finance this dividend, given cash and short-term equivalent of nearly RM180 billion ringgit as of June 30, 2018, it added.

:cash: :cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 5): Following the clarity provided by the 2019 Budget announcement, analysts are projecting that the FBM KLCI will be able to breach the 1,800-point mark by year-end.

Malaysian Association of Technical Analysts (MATA) President Nik Mohd Ihsan Raja Abdullah said in general, analysts would now have a clearer picture about the country’s fiscal consolidation and the FBM KLCI should be able to recover from the current level of about 1,700 points and break the 1,800 level.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
TOKYO (Bernama): Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was on Tuesday (Nov 6) conferred the “Grand Cordon of the Order of the Paulownia Flowers” by Emperor Akihito of Japan.

The conferment of Japan's highest award follows the contributions by the Prime Minister in strengthening bilateral ties.

DR M,   Congratulations.  :handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR: RHB Research believes MBM Resources Bhd 's shares are too currently too cheap to ignore after their drop following the collapse of UMW Holdings Bhd.

The research house upgraded the counter to buy from trading byu with a higher target price of RM2.70 from RM 2.65 previously. As at Monday's close, MBM was trading at RM2 a share.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR: The ongoing trade war between the US and China is turning Malaysian furniture makers more competitive than those in China, says Affin Hwang Capital Research.

It said local furniture manufacturer Poh Huat Resources Holdings Bhd 's revenue is expected to increase in FY19-20E on the back of strong furniture product demand, especially from the US.

The research house lifted its FY1920E core earnings for Poh Huat by 4.5%/3.4% due to stronger US demand, partly offset by rising production costs from higher raw material and labour costs.

It maintained its buy call on the counter with a higher target price of RM1.71.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2018, 10:32:24 AM »
The end/pause of the rally in US markets may be a good news for other global markets. In the past, when markets are not so correlated, a downtrend in US markets may co-exist with uptrend in other markets. These days, US market downturn tends to lead to downturn in other markets. However, since the US markets have moved up for so long while emerging markets, like Malaysia, have been trending sideways or downward in the past 2-3 years, we may see a break of the tight correlation between global markets. If so, it may lead to foreign funds coming back to the emerging markets, such as Malaysia. Let's wait and see.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #415 on: November 07, 2018, 10:40:42 AM »
With the uncertainty of the budget OVER, our Bursa oredi in UPTREND mode:clap: :clap: :D :D

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2018, 11:03:28 AM »
With the tabling of Budget 2019 last Friday, Macquarie Equities Research (MQ Research) summarized what this means for Malaysian companies in their research report dated 3 November 2018. Key big-picture positives are the government’s commitment to asset disposals and related expansion in private sector participation.

MQ Research’s top picks include AirAsia, Inari and Telekom, among others.   :cash: :cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2018, 11:19:43 AM »
HLIB’s VIEW

On a quarterly basis, trade surplus was slightly lower at RM25.2bn (3Q17: RM26.3bn) which suggest external trade may have weighed on overall growth.

Going forward, we expect export growth to remain in expansionary mode, albeit at a slower pace.

The protracted trade disputes between US and PR China and the rising volatility in the financial market remain key downside risks.

Attack export counters ?  :nod: :shake: ;)

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
He ( World Bank Group Representative to Malaysia and Country Manager) added that Malaysia’s rise in the global Doing Business rankings to 15th place this year from 24th symbolised the country’s ambition to further enable private-led development and revealed its economic potential to become an Asian Tiger. — Bernama  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Our country to become an Asian Tiger soon ?  :D :D :D

Our Bursa .... also a tiger mkt ?  :D :D :D  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
 :D :D :D.......siong san mau lek,lok san mau buliek...........Maddump ,no war,use rupee also can :D :D :D....make it GRAVE again!!! :S :S :'(

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: The 2019 Budget will likely excite the market due to the absence of inheritance and capital gain taxes, said Affin Hwang Investment Bank Bhd.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It said the Budget will be supportive of domestic demand, especially with the proposed tax and expenditure measures.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »
AffinHwang has maintained its “overweight” stance on FBMKLCI’s and year-end target of 1,845 points:clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
TOKYO, Nov 6 — Japan is ready to extend Malaysia support to help overcome its financial problems if the need arises, Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today.  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Companies across the Asean bloc remain more positive about the outlook  on the global trading environment  despite evidence that growth has slowed recently,according to a HSBC survey.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »
“To the surprise of everyone, despite our financial constraints, we were able to produce and introduce a budget that is slightly expansionary, with a deficit of only 3.7%. We can tackle the deficit. Despite having problems, we have found ways to rebuild the economy of the country and the administration of the country.

Reminder ..... our Ah Eng's budget is still expansionary lah.  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #425 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »
Our mkt oredi in high tide mode where all things float up even rock, stone n pebble !  :cash: :cash: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #426 on: November 08, 2018, 01:51:05 PM »
In Malaysia, Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd head of retail research Loui Low wrote in a brief today: "Tracking the positive overnight Wall Street performance, we anticipate that the buying support could spillover towards stocks on the local (Malaysia) front, refocusing on those bashed down and oversold stocks earlier on.

Meanwhile, budget beneficiaries such as insurance and healthcare-related may sustain its move over the near term."

"We may anticipate the FBM KLCI to perform a flag formation breakout, targeting 1,730. Meanwhile, support will be pegged around 1,690- 1,700," Low said.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's Budget 2019 indicates greater transparency in the country's public accounts and a focus on inclusive growth, which if sustained, will be credit positive, says Moody's Investors Service.  :clap:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
Separately, Daim said national oil firm Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) can afford the RM30 billion special dividend to the government as announced in Budget 2019.

“The (Petronas) board would have studied this carefully. They would have alerted fund managers and rating agencies,” he said, adding that markets appear to have accepted this thus far.

:clap: :handshake: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #429 on: November 08, 2018, 03:52:05 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: The government’s strategies have led Malaysia to be among the least vulnerable to risk looming the emerging markets, economists said.

They said the recent 2019 Budget illustrated the government’s credible and well-executed measures in strengthening the fiscal administration in terms of discipline and governance, restructuring of government debt and diversification of government revenue.

The economists viewed the measures as positive to keep the country less vulnerable to crisis.

Our Malaysia's economy ... safe n sound  :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »
BANGKOK: Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has been conferred the Nation-Building Lifetime Achievement Award (Public Sector) by Thailand’s Nation-Building Institute (NBI).

DR M ..... Congratulations  :clap: :thumbsup: :handshake:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
Mani players are still waiting for the mkt to bottom out but it oredi got reachedddd its bottom on 25/10/2018.

U still no see meh ?  ;) 8)

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2018, 08:09:32 PM »
 :D :D :D............bah bah.... 1little 2 lttile Maddump going to make it grave again :'( :'(.......,no more OnG lar.,usd 60 fake to stay :nod: :nod:...u no see up 500, lose your pant too, tonight dpwn 300 on the street is mamamia!!!,...yinting hairen forever come esp weekend,better hide in papaya farm ,,,,,,, !!!  :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:52 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): Malaysian stocks closed higher for second straight day today as foreign investors continued to buy into market.

Foreign players oredi got started to invade our mkt.

If we still look n wait, we shall miss the boat$$$$  :D :D :D

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #434 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): ECS ICT Bhd has recorded a 56.9% spike in net profit to RM7.67 million in the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2018 versus RM4.89 million last year, on higher gross profit margin in both its ICT Distribution and Enterprise Systems segments.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #435 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): Malaysian Pacific Industries Bhd (MPI) posted a strong 20.3% increase in net profit to RM63.25 million for the first financial quarter ended Sept 30, 2018 from RM52.59 million in the corresponding quarter last year mainly due to higher revenue.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #436 on: November 08, 2018, 09:36:22 PM »
PETALING JAYA: Fraser & Neave Holdings Bhd’s (F&N) net profit for the fourth quarter ended Sept 30 quadrupled to RM81.2 million from RM19.6 million a year ago attributed to higher contribution from both F&B Malaysia and F&B Thailand.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #437 on: November 08, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): Malaysia will impose provisional anti-dumping duties ranging from 3.33% to 16.13% on imports of galvanised iron (GI) from China and Vietnam for not more than 120 days effective today.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #438 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:07 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Hartalega Holdings Bhd recorded a higher net profit of RM120.2mil for the second quarter (Q2) ended Sept 30, 2018 from the RM113.7mil in the same period last year.

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #439 on: November 09, 2018, 12:10:50 AM »
 ;)............better go ooi ooi now before 1am :D :D :D......apa in ciakap>Technical glitch briefly halts trading on Chicago Stock Exchange  :'( :'(

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #440 on: November 09, 2018, 09:31:26 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): ECS ICT Bhd has recorded a 56.9% spike in net profit to RM7.67 million in the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2018 versus RM4.89 million last year, on higher gross profit margin in both its ICT Distribution and Enterprise Systems segments.

ECS is up now.  :D :D :D

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's industrial production index (IPI) rose by 2.3% in September, which was in line with a Bloomberg survey, boosted by the manufacturing sector.

The Statistics Department said on Friday manufacturing expanded by 4.8% on-year and electricity 4.2%. However, the mining index declined by 6.2%.

When compared with August, the manufacturing index expanded at a faster pace from 4.3%.

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #442 on: November 09, 2018, 01:40:44 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): Malaysian Pacific Industries Bhd (MPI) posted a strong 20.3% increase in net profit to RM63.25 million for the first financial quarter ended Sept 30, 2018 from RM52.59 million in the corresponding quarter last year mainly due to higher revenue.

MPI is also up, up 74 sen !  :clap: :clap: :clap: :cash: :cash:

Offline ongchef

• Marquess
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
MPI is also up, up 74 sen !  :clap: :clap: :clap: :cash: :cash:

:D :D :D..........blah,blah :D :D :D.....terlalu panlai,pi pot sumua top gainners  :P.....sikalang bamboo river resorts satu kumpul ang ang heng heng court manyak sulah mao masuk...... :'( :'(.......mana mau lali! :envy: :envy: :envy:

yinting hairen lagi gilir hali hali  potong kalapa!!! :( :(

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8): Malaysia will impose provisional anti-dumping duties ranging from 3.33% to 16.13% on imports of galvanised iron (GI) from China and Vietnam for not more than 120 days effective today.

CSC Steel is up.  :D :clap: :thumbsup: :cash:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #445 on: November 09, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
PETALING JAYA: The government is confident that rating agencies will not lower the country’s credit rating, despite concerns over its current debt position.  :clap: :thumbsup:

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2018, 10:47:20 AM »
Judging by the FBM KLCI’s gains of about 7.5 points between Monday and Thursday, despite the fall in the share prices of Genting, Genting Malaysia and Malaysia Airports, which blew off almost 12 index points on the FBM KLCI, the market can be said to be generally receptive of the Budget 2019.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »
What was good about the budget? Well, firstly, in an unsurprised move, there was no capital gains tax and neither was there inheritance tax – the two taxes feared by the market that would jeopardise investors’ interest on Bursa Malaysia and along with it, potential capital flight.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »
The proposal to introduce departure tax is not expected to hurt travellers to Asean countries or outside the region while at the same time allowing the government to widen its revenue base.

Online ahbah

• Duke
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 9): Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) has sufficient cash in reserve for its capital expenditure (capex) going forward, Tony Pua, political secretary to the finance minister, said.