Author Topic: My son just got diagnosed with asthma...  (Read 586 times)

Offline CynthiaBae

• Civilian
My son just got diagnosed with asthma...
« on: July 16, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »
As the title said, my son who is three years old this year recently just got diagnosed with asthma by doctor after he complained about difficulty to breathe after we brought him to the park last weekend where he was very excited and ran around the field. The problem is we do have a dog at our house and I am afraid that it's fur would trigger his asthma if not careful... :'(  :'(

Offline NinjaBoogie

• Civilian
Re: My son just got diagnosed with asthma...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:16:25 PM »
That's very unfortunate for you :( I think so far don't have a cure for asthma right? Only can restrained it medically when it happens. For the dog as long as you keep it outdoors should be no problem right?

Offline CynthiaBae

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:20:51 PM »
That's very unfortunate for you :( I think so far don't have a cure for asthma right? Only can restrained it medically when it happens. For the dog as long as you keep it outdoors should be no problem right?

Yes you are right, no cure for asthma as of current, at least in Malaysia lah, not so sure about the other more advanced countries. But even if a cure exists I dont think it will be cheap right? Yes we dont let the dog come inside our house but sometimes when we open the door the fur might get blown by the wind into the house also mah...

Offline NinjaBoogie

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 08:26:53 PM »
Yes you are right, no cure for asthma as of current, at least in Malaysia lah, not so sure about the other more advanced countries. But even if a cure exists I dont think it will be cheap right? Yes we dont let the dog come inside our house but sometimes when we open the door the fur might get blown by the wind into the house also mah...

Hmm that's true also, or maybe you can get an air purifier for your house instead? I know its kinda expensive to get one but its for your son's health also, furthermore it also benefit your whole family so you can try to look for one that is cheap and high quality.

Offline Exorcist

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

Well I heard that constant use of the inhaler especially during young age had been successful in curing asthma, just saw it from some articles so not sure how reliable it is but you can give it a try too since your son is still small, easier life for him when he grows up if cured when young.

Offline Hyannyan

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:36:30 PM »
As the title said, my son who is three years old this year recently just got diagnosed with asthma by doctor after he complained about difficulty to breathe after we brought him to the park last weekend where he was very excited and ran around the field. The problem is we do have a dog at our house and I am afraid that it's fur would trigger his asthma if not careful... :'(  :'(

sorry to heard about ur son..  :'( when i was 4-10 years old i have a critical asthma until i have to bring the inhaler everywhere.. and i cant even touch cats bcoz when i touch them, i will sneeze and start to difficult to breathe.. but when my late grandma said, that i have to fight my asthma.. so, i just play with cats, ran at the park, when i have difficult to breathe, i just sit straight and breath slowly.. and now thank god my asthma already gone.. why dont u try this step to ur son.. see how it goes..

Offline Hyannyan

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 02:39:31 PM »
Hmm that's true also, or maybe you can get an air purifier for your house instead? I know its kinda expensive to get one but its for your son's health also, furthermore it also benefit your whole family so you can try to look for one that is cheap and high quality.
hurmmm i think, u can try these kind of too.. my sister also use air purifier at her house bcoz of her daughter got allergic to dust and cat fur.. but her daughter dont have an asthma.. but why not u give it a try..

Offline fannimac

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »
Well I heard that constant use of the inhaler especially during young age had been successful in curing asthma, just saw it from some articles so not sure how reliable it is but you can give it a try too since your son is still small, easier life for him when he grows up if cured when young.

to me, don't try to depends on inhaler 100% because its not good actually. have u'd try air purifier???
because my nephew also have an asthma but now its getting better now. no need inhaler or else. if he have critical in difficulty breathing, then he take 2 pump of inhaler only.

Offline fannimac

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »
hurmmm i think, u can try these kind of too.. my sister also use air purifier at her house bcoz of her daughter got allergic to dust and cat fur.. but her daughter dont have an asthma.. but why not u give it a try..

yeah its true! my brother using air purifier by coway model storm but mine is lombok. so far, the recommended air purifier from my friend. coz i have been tried so many air purifier before, but not as satisfied as coway did.

Offline juicemaker09

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
sorry to heard about ur son..  :'( when i was 4-10 years old i have a critical asthma until i have to bring the inhaler everywhere.. and i cant even touch cats bcoz when i touch them, i will sneeze and start to difficult to breathe.. but when my late grandma said, that i have to fight my asthma.. so, i just play with cats, ran at the park, when i have difficult to breathe, i just sit straight and breath slowly.. and now thank god my asthma already gone.. why dont u try this step to ur son.. see how it goes..

hurm i think this one is reliable and one of my friend's son also do this kind of step unfortunately doesn't works to my daughter because my daughter loves to use inhaler even she's not sick or have difficult to breathe.... doctor said, she might be like addicted to inhaler and needs some times to stop her.... 

Offline juicemaker09

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »

expensive? what's brand are they? because last time i bought an air purifier last 2 years ago...
brand sharp and suddenly broke then my house really2 dirt with the spiderweb and dust in every ich of my house and i cant reach it to clean it....

Offline juicemaker09

• Civilian
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
yeah its true! my brother using air purifier by coway model storm but mine is lombok. so far, the recommended air purifier from my friend. coz i have been tried so many air purifier before, but not as satisfied as coway did.

ohhh coway? how about cuckoo? has someone here use cuckoo??
may I know bad and goods this both of products??

Offline Abel

• Civilian
  • life is good
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:37:30 PM »

I think should stay away the things which will make the children suffer from asthma... And also always prepare the inhaler to avoid the sad incident happen. The most important is dont freak out, have to keep calm.

Offline Abel

• Civilian
  • life is good
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »

That a good way to reduce the dust in the air... the air purifier can make the air feel fresh and we will feel comfortable when stay at the circumstance. :clap:

Offline Darkhorse

• Civilian
  • fly like a bird
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »

Oh? What function make you so happy when using coway compare with other brand, did they will provide the function like cold air, turn the temperature into lower Celsius.

Offline Darkhorse

• Civilian
  • fly like a bird
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »

Cuckoo? if you want the rice cooker can choose them lah, but for purify purpose, better not loh...
Bcoz other is better than this brand.

Offline kokhong

• Civilian
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »

If you have dogss in your house . Air purifier is a must . I suffer from asthma since i was small (around 3 years old too ). Kids' immune system are weak , they can easily get infected by virus.

Offline Eternal_Love

• Civilian
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »

If your son is asthmatic, an air purifier can help him breathe more easily by improving indoor air quality. Room air cleaners remove small particles that are in the air.

Offline Eternal_Love

• Civilian
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 09:03:20 PM »
Cuckoo? if you want the rice cooker can choose them lah, but for purify purpose, better not loh...

No matter what brand, as long as it help to improve indoor air quality right? I think Cuckoo also quite famous in the current market, price also cheaper than Coway if I am not mistaken... (please correct me if I am mistaken)

Offline Peach_Dong

• Civilian
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 09:54:16 PM »
No matter what brand, as long as it help to improve indoor air quality right? I think Cuckoo also quite famous in the current market, price also cheaper than Coway if I am not mistaken... (please correct me if I am mistaken)

Why my town very famous on coway? my neighborhood is encourage to use this brand, they said the service is immediate and punctual, the service provide is the most frequent in the industry. So, those aunty and uncle vety like it.

Offline Abel

• Civilian
  • life is good
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »
If you have dogss in your house . Air purifier is a must . I suffer from asthma since i was small (around 3 years old too ). Kids' immune system are weak , they can easily get infected by virus.

not scare you machine will full with dag fur, later you will suffer to clean it... so, are yous till allow the dog enter to your house?

Offline Abel

• Civilian
  • life is good
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »
If your son is asthmatic, an air purifier can help him breathe more easily by improving indoor air quality. Room air cleaners remove small particles that are in the air.

i think it actually can avoid the big probability for the children suffer from asthma... When the dust is reduce, so the children can feel free and safe in the house. No need to worry which moment have to scare the asthma relapse.

Offline kokhong

• Civilian
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 11:17:29 PM »

haha! Same here . If talk about cuckoo ,i will think about their cooker . I gt use their cooker in my home but not an air purifier. Not bad~~

Offline kokhong

• Civilian
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »

So far as I know , the inhaler is just for temporary treatment only. It cannot cure asthma 100%. It just "hide" the symptom inside our body .

Offline AhmanGuy

• Civilian
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »

If you really care about your son , i will suggest you to keep your dog away from your son.
Maybe you can put your dog at your parent's house or other place.
Dont let it near your son.

Offline gaokopi

• Civilian
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »

cuckoo ah? to me, the rice cooker, blender, cookware is better lah use that brand...
but air purifier they made with all metal and easily get rusty...

Offline gaokopi

• Civilian
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »

maybe its true... coz i dont price net for cuckoo but as i know people willing to pay more for the
good service and great hospitality by the staff itself... i love use coway because of the quality and not the
quantity... about improve indoor air that's true but not all of the brand can trapped all the dust, smelly place,  fur or else in a good way... am using coway and i switch it for a whole day and everyday when i want to wash it, i found sp many dirt that coway trapped 

Offline gaokopi

• Civilian
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 03:04:50 PM »
If you really care about your son , i will suggest you to keep your dog away from your son.
Maybe you can put your dog at your parent's house or other place.
Dont let it near your son.

Act, my niece also have an asthma at first when she was 2-3 years old, she play with the cats
and she difficult to breath but her mom said, fight on it... because if she usually play with the cats and
she will okay with it and now she is 13 years old and she dont have any problem with cats or any animals fur
anymore even though she have an asthma...

Offline drvivy

• Civilian
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
i think it actually can avoid the big probability for the children suffer from asthma... When the dust is reduce, so the children can feel free and safe in the house. No need to worry which moment have to scare the asthma relapse.
keep clean the house and always mop the floor to avoid a bacteria and small tiny dust ..
and yeah am using coway air purifier too thank god its portable so i can carry it to every where inside my house .. like when i was in a bedroom, i will use it when i sleep .. beside to avoid dust, air purifier also helps to reduce unwanted smell in my bedroom ..

Offline tcandy

• Civilian
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 04:49:47 PM »
So far as I know , the inhaler is just for temporary treatment only. It cannot cure asthma 100%. It just "hide" the symptom inside our body .

yeah that is truee. bcoz it cant stay longer so, try another option to treat ur kids from asthma.
and nowadays, our environment already been polluted by constructions, open burning, haze and more!
so, i really recommend that each house, must have air purifier!

Offline AhmanGuy

• Civilian
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
yeah that is truee. bcoz it cant stay longer so, try another option to treat ur kids from asthma.
and nowadays, our environment already been polluted by constructions, open burning, haze and more!
so, i really recommend that each house, must have air purifier!

Yes . sometimes my asthma will come back . It is gonna be more serius if sudden attack to older people.  therefore what can we do is, avoid it to re attack , do as much as we can like clean the house everytime .

Offline Eternal_Love

• Civilian
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
Why my town very famous on coway? my neighborhood is encourage to use this brand, they said the service is immediate and punctual, the service provide is the most frequent in the industry. So, those aunty and uncle vety like it.

Is really depend on market need. Cannot deny that both brands are leading the Malaysia market nowadays. Hope can have others competitor in future to bring the price down.

Offline Eternal_Love

• Civilian
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

Is really true. Air purifier can reduce their from bad quality air expecially those who stay/live in KL area.

Offline Master Ams

• Civilian
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »

I suggest Xiaomi Air Purifier because in a country such as China, air pollution is a huge problem in major cities and it is worse than our local haze situation. And from the respective of prices, Xiaomi also much more cheaper campare to Coway and Cuckoo...

Offline kokhong

• Civilian
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »
I suggest Xiaomi Air Purifier because in a country such as China, air pollution is a huge problem in major cities and it is worse than our local haze situation. And from the respective of prices, Xiaomi also much more cheaper campare to Coway and Cuckoo...

Is xiaomi air purifier can be bought from here?? So far i havent see any XiaoMi dealer here. All xiaomi products are just imported by seller from China and, they havent have the distribution rights.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »

Get him assessed by a doctor. 

Don't take advice from those who are not qualified.
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

1.  Understand the business
2.  Business must have DCA
3.  Management with integrity
4.  Buy at a sensible price

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Online doc2mee

• Knight
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »
Childhood asthma - Extrinsic Asthma - usually sensitive to dust or house mites. Children usually outgrow the disease, but must be careful when having asthmatic attacks.

Offline kokhong

• Civilian
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:20 PM »
Childhood asthma - Extrinsic Asthma - usually sensitive to dust or house mites. Children usually outgrow the disease, but must be careful when having asthmatic attacks.

Asthma disease is extremely terrible... I cant breathe n I feel like I almost dying . It is so suffering and I donít feel like want to experience it anymore..Hopefully their will be a treatment for this in the future.

Online iiinvestsmart

• Marquess
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EK8nzKzdnIM
Itís better to buy a wonderful company at fair price than a fair company at wonderful price.

1.  Understand the business
2.  Business must have DCA
3.  Management with integrity
4.  Buy at a sensible price

Big Fat Pitch.  Focus Investing.  Long term portfolio for capital appreciation and income.

Offline Master Ams

• Civilian
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 09:20:31 PM »
Is xiaomi air purifier can be bought from here?? So far i havent see any XiaoMi dealer here. All xiaomi products are just imported by seller from China and, they havent have the distribution rights.

I get it from online web store... Only few hundred can get a Xiaomi air purifier

Offline Master Ams

• Civilian
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 09:22:53 PM »
Asthma disease is extremely terrible... I cant breathe n I feel like I almost dying . It is so suffering and I donít feel like want to experience it anymore..Hopefully their will be a treatment for this in the future.

Try to imagine bro... We wear oxygen tank go out in the future... or hand carry air purifier everywhere... haha

Offline Darkhorse

• Civilian
  • fly like a bird
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2018, 01:26:05 AM »

got market at here, i know xiaomi us for phone products, now also not famous anymore, now is hua wei and oppo or viva... For air purifier coway and LG is more familiar to me.

Offline Darkhorse

• Civilian
  • fly like a bird
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2018, 01:28:57 AM »
Try to imagine bro... We wear oxygen tank go out in the future... or hand carry air purifier everywhere... haha

You dont see the movie meh... in the future, just wear the mask then can filter the air. No need bring the gas tank, so old fashion...

Offline Peach_Dong

• Civilian
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2018, 01:32:54 AM »

at least the inhaler can save your life during emergency... although it can 100% heal the asthma, but still can maintain the respiratory condition. And what kind of medicine can actually heal asthma? no right?

Offline Peach_Dong

• Civilian
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2018, 01:34:13 AM »
Is really depend on market need. Cannot deny that both brands are leading the Malaysia market nowadays. Hope can have others competitor in future to bring the price down.

Now GST gone, all price will go down abit, so for those who want a new machine have to buy this time. Dont want to wait anymore.

Offline Abel

• Civilian
  • life is good
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2018, 01:36:41 AM »

No one like to suffer from sick, we want to always get healthy forever. So what we can do is take care ourself, make sure the air and water surrounding us is always clean.

Offline AhmanGuy

• Civilian
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »

you have the same thought with me :D :D :D
coz their price is reallll high for a normal person.
Hope the government will take action on the industry which is selling something with too much commission/earnings.

Offline PrinceDarkness

• Civilian
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
got market at here, i know xiaomi us for phone products, now also not famous anymore, now is hua wei and oppo or viva... For air purifier coway and LG is more familiar to me.

Erm I would not trust those cheap brands lah if I were you, not that I am rich or what but when it is concerning about health I dont think we should be stingy and buy those which are cheaper right? Thats why I choose to buy Coway, even though it is more expensive but at least I feel secure that the air I breathed in would not be so polluted anymore.

Offline PrinceDarkness

• Civilian
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »

Yup I can assure you that their service is really good one, every two months come one time to service, so you dont have to bother cleaning it by your own. It is very important to have your purifier cleaned regularly as you know those dusts and other particles will get clogged up very quickly especially for those living in the city area.

Offline PrinceDarkness

• Civilian
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »
You dont see the movie meh... in the future, just wear the mask then can filter the air. No need bring the gas tank, so old fashion...

Aiya, duno until what year only we can get stuff like that. Even if it already on the market I dont think its gonna be cheap, at least also need a few thousands, so better just use air purifier for now, healthy air makes you live longer also haha.