Which one consider safe d?

Fabric/cloth masks
0 (0%)
Surgical masks / Dispossable
2 (100%)
Face shield
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Facemask,which is is better?  (Read 528 times)

Offline Aminsg

• Civilian
Facemask,which is is better?
« on: January 04, 2021, 01:20:18 PM »
Hello guys, thingking to buy in bulk for orphans and personal use. But want to know the quality first before buying. and it is better if uguyss can recommend what brand is good. :handshake:

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
Re: Facemask,which is is better?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 06:08:24 PM »
I would definitely suggest Medicos talking about the quality, safety and comfortability  :thumbsup:
I have no problem wearing it whole day  :thumbsup:

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 06:56:38 PM »
When come to facemask quality, it is important to know about their BFE and PFE
Basically, only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical" masks.

BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency): BFE measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency):PFE measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner. (The size of the coronavirus is approximately 0.125 microns).

So before purchasing make sure to check this 2 values

Offline weiyaow

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 08:09:36 PM »
When come to facemask quality, it is important to know about their BFE and PFE
Basically, only masks with >95% measured by BPE & PEF considered as "medical" masks.

BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency): BFE measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE (Particulate Filtration Efficiency):PFE measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner. (The size of the coronavirus is approximately 0.125 microns).

So before purchasing make sure to check this 2 values

Not only that, facemask which have tested with ASTM will have categorized as Type I, TYPE II and Type III.
Type II and Type III will provide you the best protections as BFE (bacteria Filtrations Effectiveness) will reach 98% and above.

Offline gaokopi

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 08:20:24 PM »
Hello guys, thingking to buy in bulk for orphans and personal use. But want to know the quality first before buying. and it is better if uguyss can recommend what brand is good. :handshake:
Firstly would like to say thank you for buying it for orphans  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You may look for kids mask but do take note of the quality
Better to have BFE/PFE >98% as kids are more weak than adult

Offline Aminsg

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »
I am still kind of blur about the BFE/PFE and Type I, II, III, so which should i look for?
Can suggest any brands?

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »
Okay let me explain more about it

ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) ASTM is one of the trusted quality test which grade the facemask. In order to have the grade, ASTM need to full fill the followings
BFE - Measures how well the medical face mask filters out bacteria.
PFE - Measures how well a hospital mask filters sub-micron particles with the expectation that viruses will be filtered in a similar manner.
Fluid resistance - Reflects the surgical mask’s ability to minimize the amount of fluid that could transfer from the outer layers through to the inner layer.
ISO Certification - All medical face masks must be tested to an international standard (ISO10993-5, 10) for skin sensitivity and cytotoxic tests to ensure that no materials are harmful to the wearer.

Facemask which have tested with ASTM will have categorized as Type I, TYPE II and Type III
Type II and Type III will provide you the best protections as BFE > 98%

Hope this is clear for you

Offline tungkelly

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 12:24:24 PM »
Wah~~ buy a mask also got some many thing to learn, like attending a class
For me I just buy it from pharmacy like watson, guardian those

Offline Andrew Lew

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 11:07:59 PM »
I am still kind of blur about the BFE/PFE and Type I, II, III, so which should i look for?
Can suggest any brands?

i just knew we have so many types of masks,, i usually just buy from online apps like lazada, shopee, alixpress

Offline Andrew Lew

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 11:09:25 PM »

watson guardian masks quite expensive la, i think they mark up the price

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 10:06:09 AM »
Can suggest any brands?
Medicos as I said earlier comfortable, no problem with wearing all day  :thumbsup:
Safety Quality - ASTM TYPE II, BFE 98%  :thumbsup:

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 10:09:17 AM »
It is better to spend some time on learning all these than risking your own life and everyone else around you lol
and yes if want thing to be easy just get it from pharmacy like watson and guardian

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 12:13:36 PM »
Medicos as I said earlier comfortable, no problem with wearing all day  :thumbsup:
Safety Quality - ASTM TYPE II, BFE 98%  :thumbsup:

i really dont feel any difference when using medicos and no brand masks.

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 12:15:07 PM »
It is better to spend some time on learning all these than risking your own life and everyone else around you lol
and yes if want thing to be easy just get it from pharmacy like watson and guardian

but isnt watson and guardian a drugstore? i suppose they only sell quality and safe product right

Offline tungkelly

• Civilian
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
What i mean is actually mask also have many different type and not that facemask=protect you from all virus which many people really think like this, as long as they wear a mask
I only buy mask from watson cause number 1 safety issue, number 2 i have member  :D

Offline weiyaow

• Civilian
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 09:36:57 AM »
watson guardian masks quite expensive la, i think they mark up the price
Nowadays the price for facemask is kind of fix la, for me i would just buy from watson/guardian easier, no need wait for shipping and also pay for shipping fee

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »
Nowadays the price for facemask is kind of fix la, for me i would just buy from watson/guardian easier, no need wait for shipping and also pay for shipping fee

im only buying from online website if they provide free shipping delivery. sometimes they give free shipping voucher

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »
What i mean is actually mask also have many different type and not that facemask=protect you from all virus which many people really think like this, as long as they wear a mask
I only buy mask from watson cause number 1 safety issue, number 2 i have member  :D

yes actually not all mask can protect us, thats why have to do quality check. if it cant protect then whats the purpose of wearing one right

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
Yes that's why government also keep on educate us that buy a mask that can protect you not just for the sake of scare of being fine
It is for everyone safety

Offline weiyaow

• Civilian
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »
Can suggest any brands?
Overlooked your post hahahahaha
I would suggest Empro Mask  ASTM TYPE II,BFE 98%, ISO certified (Will not cause skin allergic material)
Got pink, blue and white colour, i think kids would like it

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 12:08:06 PM »
Yes that's why government also keep on educate us that buy a mask that can protect you not just for the sake of scare of being fine
It is for everyone safety

but even some politicians dont even care to wear masks. thats why some rakyat dont see the importance of a mask

Offline orange12

• Civilian
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »
Overlooked your post hahahahaha
I would suggest Empro Mask  ASTM TYPE II,BFE 98%, ISO certified (Will not cause skin allergic material)
Got pink, blue and white colour, i think kids would like it

now even have mix coloured mask like unicorn color and galaxy ones. really attractive