Author Topic: Marketing exec offer  (Read 143 times)

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
Marketing exec offer
« on: March 19, 2021, 04:13:14 AM »
Anyone here familiar with marketing exec job? Im currently doing sales in my company and got offered to marketing exec. I am thinking whether to take the offer or not but i wasnt very familiar with the job as i worked for a year in this area.

Offline fannimac

• Civilian
Re: Marketing exec offer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 04:19:31 AM »
Just ask for the job scope... some companies only put the job name different - different but have the same job scope. In my experience sales are doing direct selling, marketing probably have some planning to do + selling.

Offline kabilanboy

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 04:22:51 AM »
Hows the pay? Is it much better or just some increment? Do they provide training? If the pay is higher definitely go for it.

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 04:27:56 AM »
Just ask for the job scope... some companies only put the job name different - different but have the same job scope. In my experience sales are doing direct selling, marketing probably have some planning to do + selling.
Thanks, i think need to see the job scope first lah ya. I heard about this before too, but i am prettry sure that marketing dept in my company is doing abit different job than sales dept. Just dont kow what it is.

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:30:49 AM »
Hows the pay? Is it much better or just some increment? Do they provide training? If the pay is higher definitely go for it.
Their pay offer is much better that why i bother to think about it. They say they will teach me coz right now have some seniors in the marketing department. But not sure if im actually pre - equipped with the right knowledge to do this.  :phew:

Offline salam89

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 04:32:40 AM »
You sure you able to work in this? Every month need to meet quota else resign.

Offline kiwikandy

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 04:35:03 AM »
Just read up and understand some basic stuff, then apply for intern or lucky land a job related to that field, dont think too much, research too much, or even listen too much, nothing better then really work and trying it our urself

Intern yes u may not assigend to do the real #### but u can at least observe what are others doing, then u will know whether is it suitable for you

Offline BladeW

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 04:39:03 AM »
If you're serious, you need to have good analytical skills as a campaign manager.

Go take google and fb cert. They have self study course.

Then you probably can do the job easier. Many company need some form of digital marketing.

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 04:42:02 AM »
You sure you able to work in this? Every month need to meet quota else resign.
Not sure, but I'm quite interested in this field, and I don't have any experience in this before just dont want to make the wrong decisions. But if i got offer means they can see the potential laa right?  :D

Offline bbpinkie

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 04:44:51 AM »
If you're serious, you need to have good analytical skills as a campaign manager.

Go take google and fb cert. They have self study course.

Then you probably can do the job easier. Many company need some form of digital marketing.
Never thought of doing certificate... maybe this is what i should do. Just stack up my knowledge in the field then pray i can do it.

Offline chucheongfan

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 04:50:26 AM »
Never thought of doing certificate... maybe this is what i should do. Just stack up my knowledge in the field then pray i can do it.
No need to worry that much. But i agree that u go get some knowledge in the field. With sales experience u are already good to go. Im in marketing also and lot of time u will face obstacles then by that time u hope u already have something to help u with. If u want to get sharpen ur skill i recommend to go with Roar point's marketing & branding masterclass, i learnt alot of new strategies with them.... this way u can already know the tools as a marketing exec. https://roar-point.com/marketing-branding-masterclass/