Author Topic: Tips : Avoid braking aggressively  (Read 788 times)

Offline Aminsg

• Civilian
Tips : Avoid braking aggressively
« on: February 24, 2022, 10:42:34 AM »
Is it true slamming on the brakes increases fuel consumption coz need  to accelerate again later.But ya la ,maybe myth since follow too closely behind the vehicle in front of you is dangerous. My wife shared too  many pantang larang,hahah  :phew:

Offline fannimac

• Civilian
Re: Tips : Avoid braking aggressively
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Is it true slamming on the brakes increases fuel consumption coz need  to accelerate again later.But ya la ,maybe myth since follow too closely behind the vehicle in front of you is dangerous. My wife shared too  many pantang larang,hahah  :phew:
not really sure about it bro and i think boleh jadi. coz when u suddenly brake, and press fuel pedal,
the car need to move again and it might be took a second to accelerate again. so can habis lah urs fuel..

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 04:07:39 PM »
not really sure about it bro and i think boleh jadi. coz when u suddenly brake, and press fuel pedal,
the car need to move again and it might be took a second to accelerate again. so can habis lah urs fuel..
depends on ur car condition i think some of them said that is just a myth ...
so just drive carefully and dont follow closely lah senang make 3 to 4m gap for safety ..

Offline Hyannyan

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 04:34:07 PM »
mine also no slamming on the brakes, my minyak kereta cepat habis too! haiyaaa dunno what to do lah..
i spent around RM 400 per month for fuel only!!! can imagine or not?? not include the toll, services and all that..

Online huala

• Civilian
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 02:41:15 PM »
depends on ur car condition i think some of them said that is just a myth ...
so just drive carefully and dont follow closely lah senang make 3 to 4m gap for safety ..
ouhh thank god it is just a myth coz i always drive like that and once in a year, i will change my brake pad LOL :p
maybe next i will more alert and drive with a gap but is there any tips to save more fuel??

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 03:35:21 PM »
ouhh thank god it is just a myth coz i always drive like that and once in a year, i will change my brake pad LOL :p
maybe next i will more alert and drive with a gap but is there any tips to save more fuel??
just simple just follow the speed at the highway lah dont drive too slow or too fast just in a medium speed ..
once in a year u change the brake pads means u drive harsh lah haha... that is the way how to save ur fuel
with that drive method hope can help u.. but which brand are u use?

Offline gaharga

• Civilian
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 10:57:52 PM »
mine also no slamming on the brakes, my minyak kereta cepat habis too! haiyaaa dunno what to do lah..
i spent around RM 400 per month for fuel only!!! can imagine or not?? not include the toll, services and all that..
my budget for a month is rm600++ for fuel only for my husband and i.. :(

Offline jameslee

• Civilian
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 11:36:23 PM »
just simple just follow the speed at the highway lah dont drive too slow or too fast just in a medium speed ..
once in a year u change the brake pads means u drive harsh lah haha... that is the way how to save ur fuel
another tips drive at night can save a lot from my experience especially when you go back to hometown. for brands is it important? bcos what i thought all are same.

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 11:53:19 AM »
another tips drive at night can save a lot from my experience especially when you go back to hometown. for brands is it important? bcos what i thought all are same.
ohhh i cant drive at night coz i cant see well .. i think it is important they all same but the formula is different ..
some of them can save more and get more KM distances .. so choose wisely ...

Online huala

• Civilian
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2022, 12:27:49 PM »
hahaha i think yeah i drive too harsh. i loves to speed maybe that is why my fuel also cepat habis.
i use mahathir's son petrol station huhu why?? u have another suggestion??

Offline jameslee

• Civilian
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2022, 09:35:03 PM »
ohhh i cant drive at night coz i cant see well .. i think it is important they all same but the formula is different ..
some of them can save more and get more KM distances .. so choose wisely ...
unfortunately, u cannot practice that tips. oh then i need to do a little research for the better one that can saves more.

Offline Azrail

• Civilian
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2022, 09:55:06 PM »
hahaha i think yeah i drive too harsh. i loves to speed maybe that is why my fuel also cepat habis.
what? never know they own petrol brand. willing to know too, currently use bhp and seem doesnt change alot from previous brand.

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 02:00:21 PM »
ouhhh i seeee it is quite hard to find that petrol station at my place so no for me..
why dont u use the brand that can easily to find everywhere like shell ..
i think kinda good tho in terms of their perfomances and quality ....

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 02:02:56 PM »
unfortunately, u cannot practice that tips. oh then i need to do a little research for the better one that can saves more.
yeappp u need to do a research like me, i already do a research for a years and came out with a good decision ...
for me, shell fuel save 95 is enough to save more money and fuel especially in a long distances ..

Offline fannimac

• Civilian
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 02:42:04 PM »
yeappp u need to do a research like me, i already do a research for a years and came out with a good decision ...
for me, shell fuel save 95 is enough to save more money and fuel especially in a long distances ..
kindaa agreeddd! coz am using it too! never tot that the fuel really2 gives my car's engine smooth!
full tank for extra saving right and i loves the most is extra reward too! 4x bonuslink points, extra cash back everything is extra..

Offline Azrail

• Civilian
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
how much you can save in comparison? if there was a huge different, maybe i can give a try.

Offline tennislim

• Civilian
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 12:49:15 PM »
how much you can save in comparison? if there was a huge different, maybe i can give a try.
example, previously am using another brand my distance from home to work is 40km and i fill full tank and half tank in a week ... RM 80 + RM 40 = RM 120 right? but know RM 80 full tank per week! i can survive for a week save more! so u should try it tho but make sure calculate before and after u fuel shell ..

Online huala

• Civilian
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 01:13:00 PM »
ouhhh i seeee it is quite hard to find that petrol station at my place so no for me..
why dont u use the brand that can easily to find everywhere like shell ..
i think kinda good tho in terms of their perfomances and quality ....
hmmmm i even do some research and shell upgraded their petrol to another level which is i want to try it !
maybe after this can clean my engine no more vibaration while driving and want to make sure less burden in my car..
i'm soooo excited !

Offline gaharga

• Civilian
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 09:13:48 PM »
example, previously am using another brand my distance from home to work is 40km and i fill full tank and half tank in a week ... RM 80 + RM 40 = RM 120 right? but know RM 80 full tank per week! i can survive for a week save more! so u should try it tho but make sure calculate before and after u fuel shell ..
wow impressive..will try my luck hope that works my husband and i..