Author Topic: Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) worthiness?  (Read 6336 times)

Offline jeybon

• Knight
  • The best of things should be shared
Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) worthiness?
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:42:53 AM »
Additional RM 1b shares had been offered to all Malaysian according to The Star 21st Apr 2006.  How would you compare this type of trust to the other trust?
Regards,
Jeybon

Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum

Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) worthiness?
« on: April 23, 2006, 06:42:53 AM »

Offline cdbox

• Civilian
    • utilize passive capital to generate more in future
Re: Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) worthiness?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 11:18:36 PM »
Additional RM 1b shares had been offered to all Malaysian according to The Star 21st Apr 2006.  How would you compare this type of trust to the other trust?

ASM which fund please? How about Public mutual funds performance? can see the customized web page http://www.geocities.com/keithlum

if ASM beat P M performance, choose the better one.

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
  • Where sharing is learning
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »
Great website! cdbox, is it yours?

Well, Public Mutual do have a good track record. But at times, diversifying one's portfolio is also a great idea, from my point of view. I do have some $$ in Amanah Saham Wawasan.. paying me quite a good rate and it is dependable. I guess these types of Amanah Saham is good for those who are newbies towards investment. Further more, there is no initial fee to it right? Too young to know when I bought the ASW. :P

Offline cdbox

• Civilian
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »
Great website! cdbox, is it yours?

Well, Public Mutual do have a good track record. But at times, diversifying one's portfolio is also a great idea, from my point of view. I do have some $$ in Amanah Saham Wawasan.. paying me quite a good rate and it is dependable. I guess these types of Amanah Saham is good for those who are newbies towards investment. Further more, there is no initial fee to it right? Too young to know when I bought the ASW. :P

yes julez.  the ASM, I believe that is a bond fund but i still dont see any one mention about the fund name so i can not keep track for the particular fund's actual performance.

Bond fund initial fee (i called it service charge) is 0.25%. see the gap between sale and buy rate.

as far as i know, ASM hit 6%++ last year in one bond (wawasan 2020 yours?) and it was closed already.
However, P M bond fund slightly better see --> PIBond hit 7%++ and PEBF hit 8% ++ last 1 year.

Do some survey here      http://www.publicmutual.com.my/application/fund/performance.aspx       b4 take take part of any funds and also thinking of their own "investment strategies" to enhance funds profits.

choose a better one after research. tq.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 03:42:06 PM by cdbox »

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:20:53 AM »
I guess everyone is refering to the latest one out in the market.
Ya, mine is wawasan 2020... I do invest in a few bond funds in Public & CIMB... I juz see tat ASM as a way to diversify..
Not to say tat public mutual fund are bad... Juz tat we need to diversify..
ASW for beginners is good coz there is no worry that there is scam..

Offline Anonymous

• Civilian
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:57:05 AM »
I could see both fund is different. ASM offers flexibility as it doesn't charge initial fee, that means you can buy and sell immediately without loss. For ASM the price is fix at RM1/ unit. So investors will be waiting for divident. Another point is that it is lower risk as it is encourage by the government.
Of course, other bond fund might perform better, we never knew. In 2004, ASM returns is 7.25%, it can be higher than certain bond fund and lower than certain fund. But to me it is competitive.
As mentioned by cdbox, PEBF had some portion invested in equity so the return might be a bit higher but the price will fluctuate more than other bond fund.
Everything comes back to this concept: Risk Vs Return

Offline cdbox

• Civilian
I could see both fund is different. ASM offers flexibility as it doesn't charge initial fee, that means you can buy and sell immediately without loss. For ASM the price is fix at RM1/ unit. So investors will be waiting for divident. Another point is that it is lower risk as it is encourage by the government.
Of course, other bond fund might perform better, we never knew. In 2004, ASM returns is 7.25%, it can be higher than certain bond fund and lower than certain fund. But to me it is competitive.
As mentioned by cdbox, PEBF had some portion invested in equity so the return might be a bit higher but the price will fluctuate more than other bond fund.
Everything comes back to this concept: Risk Vs Return

anonymous is right, because PEBF obtain 20% in equity therefore it grew slightly higher.

I just did a research and comfirm that P M BOND FUND returns is much lower than EQUITIES FUNDS refer to the p m performance hyperlink 2 days ago.
example P ittikal 60% vs PI BOND 27% invested in 36 months.

In fact, I am using rii method to manage bond and equity as a mixture investment and very good results too regardless the market  up or down trend. Very sastified.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:34:56 PM by cdbox »

Offline julez.lim

• Companion of Honour
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 07:42:33 AM »
There are 2 bonds by CIMB- strategic fund and forgot the name of another...
The difference between these two bonds is one invest in equity besides bonds while another invest in warrant too...
I do like this combo as returns from bonds are generally dull and equity/warrants earnings are the one which makes the fund stand out

Bonds we can see the return within a year... but equity.. we may not due to the high initial fee.

Online king

• King
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »

ASM dividend for 2015 is 6.6%.

Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »