Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Equities / Re: RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!
« Last post by kakipukul on Yesterday at 11:52:46 PM »
sold when it is good green..now can buy back at lower px  ;) :D
Equities / Re: My investments are kaput.
« Last post by iiinvestsmart on Yesterday at 11:51:38 PM »
its the entry price,

I strongly recommend only 2 counters, GSB at 10sen, MSPORTS at 12sen, as for GCB ( your former baby ) already advice to cut loss long time ago but with alternative selection BJCORP and KNM to recover that cut loss.

Just watch MSPORTS and GSB, see if it is possible for me to lose any money or not at my suggested entry price for this round.
Equities / Re: RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!
« Last post by CurryLee on Yesterday at 11:12:11 PM »
lucky got some bullet.... :D this week can shopping in bursa!  :D
« Last post by iiinvestsmart on Yesterday at 10:54:46 PM »
It’s important to understand the distinction between a good company that’s in trouble and a bad company that’s in trouble.

Don’t just go out and buy a bunch of stock in a company that doesn’t have a chance at a comeback.

Buffett carefully invests in companies that have good fundamentals — it’s not that hard for you to invest in them as well.
Equities / Re: SUPERBULL $$$ 1993 - 97 is back ?
« Last post by ahbah on Yesterday at 10:28:53 PM »
AirAsia’s iconic head honcho Tan Sri Tony Fernandes is never short of positive descriptions about his company, usually communicated via his tweets.

The latest claim: that BigPay, which is AirAsia’s own e-wallet and prepaid card, which Fernandes hoped will be worth more than AirAsia itself.

That is an interestingly claim, considering that AirAsia has a market capitalisation today of close to RM13bil. Still, the idea may not be outlandish, considering the lofty valuations that many technology firms enjoy.

In BigPay’s case, it has the captive audience of the community of AirAsia users. Specifically, the BigPay e-wallet service aims to tap into AirAsia’s database of 63 million passengers. Another key attraction: Fernandes is already saying the e-wallet will be able to offer at least 4% savings on travel costs and exchange rates. Yes, foreign currency remittances and exchange is a big area being disrupted by technology.

And in BigPay’s case, they just have to find the right technology platform to plug into their millions of existing users to offer the savings. E-wallets have a myriad of other potential revenue streams, especially when you factor in big data and cross selling of other products and services to this community.

Technology aside (especially considering that Fernandes insists that the research analyst community isn’t aware of and are not factoring in the airline’s digital strategy) there already exists 17 buy calls on the stock, going by Bloomberg data.

They give the stock a consensus 12-month price target of RM3.91, which incidentally is not far away from the stocks’ current price of RM3.86. AirAsia may be trading at its all-time high but new factors are coming into play. For one, the stronger ringgit that would increase travelling activities. AirAsia is adding 36 aircraft to its existing capacity which gives an immediate topline growth.

Finally, there is the possibility of a special dividend from the disposal of assets. — By Intan Farhana Zainul

« Last post by iiinvestsmart on Yesterday at 10:25:01 PM »
Biggest Mistake:

I would say that my biggest mistake is not one investment. It is the methodology that led to the mistakes.

I should have developed a checklist much earlier for my investment decision making process.

How He Could Have Fixed It:

With the checklist, a lot of mistakes could have been avoided.

Now my investment checklist checks the quality of the business, the valuation, and the recent business development.    :thumbsup:
« Last post by ahbah on Yesterday at 10:23:04 PM »
Top picks are Malayan Banking Bhd (target price [TP]: RM10.70), CIMB Group Bhd (TP: RM7.60), Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd (TP:

RM1.48), Bumi Armada Bhd (TP: 95 sen), Wah Seong Corp Bhd (TP: RM1.90), SKP Resources Bhd (TP: RM2.50), AirAsia Bhd (TP:

RM3.80), and Yong Tai Bhd (TP: RM2.10).
« Last post by ahbah on Yesterday at 10:21:39 PM »
Bank Negara Malaysia’s more hawkish stance will also benefit banks in general, when it hikes its policy rates, which is expected after the general election.
« Last post by ahbah on Yesterday at 10:20:45 PM »
Loan growth uptick and interest rate hike post-14th general election is expected to anchor a 10.1% earnings growth for the banking sector.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last post by iiinvestsmart on Yesterday at 09:49:42 PM »

Let me share a guru's view.  He said, even at the peak of the market, when you feel that many stocks are overpriced, you should still be invested in the stock market.  He suggested keeping at least 50% of your money in stocks.  In the depth of the bull, you may wish to be 75% or 80% into stocks. 

WHY, at least 50% of stock in the market at any time, even in the peak of the market?

Well, I presume his advice for doing so was the inability to predict the top of the market.  Thus, as long as the market is still running, your 50% in the stocks will continue to capture some of these gains and when you rebalance, you lock in these gains.

When the market correct, your cash portion or bond portion gains relative to stocks.   :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10