Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10
Equities / Re: EWI
« Last post by king on Today at 05:04:23 PM »

SERIOUS Investing
HomeAboutFelice's FundTalk StockWrite for IntellecpointReach me
Friday, March 24, 2017
Buying Gamuda-WE and selling Ecoworld and Insas-WB

I have to admit, I trade much lesser than many. Usually, my style is to buy and lay low during bad market times. When it gets hot like what it is right now, I will try to reposition some of my holdings. I can do this because I see stocks as a long term investment and if you read most of articles, these money that I put in is meant to be held long term.

For those that have need for the shorter term, such as children's education needs, medical, house deposits, car deposits, my style of investment is not really ideal. You can however still invest based on the percentage that you are comfortable with.

All these while, if you have looked at my past records, all of those purchases that are made are really fundamental stocks except for a small handful which fundamental have changed. Among those are YFG and Parkson and maybe even AEON.

Over the last 2 days, besides buying Freight Management, I have also done the following:

sold all of my Ecoworld at RM1.50.

I thought that since there are potentially other stocks which may be more attractive, I can opt to let go EcoWorld and revisit this stock later. There is no doubt that EcoWorld is still a very attractive stock. It has the best management, which is why I have bought them, and this company will be one of the best property players (if not the best) in the years to come.

In selling, Ecoworld, I have also opt to take the offer for shareholders to take up EcoWorld International which is going for IPO soon. I was offered only 700 units but I did apply for excess and I will report when if I am provided more.

2. sold all of Insas-WB

I think this is because of the premium of about 41 sen and perhaps it is a little too high for my liking. I will still hold Insas.

3. Purchase 3500 of Gamuda-WE

If Insas-WB has a high premium, Gamuda-WE (exercise price-RM4.05) on the other hand, has a 3.21% premium and it has 4 more years (6 March 2021) to expiry. In purchasing Gamuda-WE, I obviously am confident of the parent company. It is trading at RM5.29 now. To be in the money, Gamuda has to move to RM5.44. I am confident of it able to move beyond RM5.50 or more, in the next few years considering the projects that it has gotten. One of the largest, where Gamuda is the project delivery partner - MRT2, has just commenced.

As compared to many of my other holdings, I do not think I will need to introduce Gamuda much. Most of the analysis done are about to what I believe. It owns toll concession assets - Litrak, Kesas, SPRINT. It is trying to sell its water concession - SPLASH.

Has many construction projects on hand - MRT2, completing MRT1, Pan Borneo  (to the tune of RM8 billion order book) and many are speculating the company is in very good position to at least get future rail projects such as Gemas-JB rail, East Coast Rail Line. Basically, this is one of the best construction firm in Malaysia and currently construction theme is still pretty hot

Over the last 2 days, besides buying Freight Management, I have also done the following:

I thought that since there are potentially other stocks which may be more attractive, I can opt to let go EcoWorld and revisit this stock later. There is no doubt that EcoWorld is still a very attractive stock. It has the best management, which is why I have bought them, and this company will be one of the best property players (if not the best) in the years to come.

In selling, Ecoworld, I have also opt to take the offer for shareholders to take up EcoWorld International which is going for IPO soon. I was offered only 700 units but I did apply for excess and I will report when if I am provided more.
Equities / Re: EWI
« Last post by king on Today at 05:02:37 PM »

SERIOUS Investing
Friday, March 24, 2017
Buying Gamuda-WE and selling Ecoworld and Insas-WB

I have to admit, I trade much lesser than many. Usually, my style is to buy and lay low during bad market times. When it gets hot like what it is right now, I will try to reposition some of my holdings. I can do this because I see stocks as a long term investment and if you read most of articles, these money that I put in is meant to be held long term.

For those that have need for the shorter term, such as children's education needs, medical, house deposits, car deposits, my style of investment is not really ideal. You can however still invest based on the percentage that you are comfortable with.

All these while, if you have looked at my past records, all of those purchases that are made are really fundamental stocks except for a small handful which fundamental have changed. Among those are YFG and Parkson and maybe even AEON.

2. sold all of Insas-WB

I think this is because of the premium of about 41 sen and perhaps it is a little too high for my liking. I will still hold Insas.

3. Purchase 3500 of Gamuda-WE

If Insas-WB has a high premium, Gamuda-WE (exercise price-RM4.05) on the other hand, has a 3.21% premium and it has 4 more years (6 March 2021) to expiry. In purchasing Gamuda-WE, I obviously am confident of the parent company. It is trading at RM5.29 now. To be in the money, Gamuda has to move to RM5.44. I am confident of it able to move beyond RM5.50 or more, in the next few years considering the projects that it has gotten. One of the largest, where Gamuda is the project delivery partner - MRT2, has just commenced.

As compared to many of my other holdings, I do not think I will need to introduce Gamuda much. Most of the analysis done are about to what I believe. It owns toll concession assets - Litrak, Kesas, SPRINT. It is trying to sell its water concession - SPLASH.

Has many construction projects on hand - MRT2, completing MRT1, Pan Borneo  (to the tune of RM8 billion order book) and many are speculating the company is in very good position to at least get future rail projects such as Gemas-JB rail, East Coast Rail Line. Basically, this is one of the best construction firm in Malaysia and currently construction theme is still pretty hot
Equities / Re: WELCOME BACK KAWAN LAMA
« Last post by Ikan tutu on Today at 05:02:25 PM »
hi, kawan kawan lama :thumbsup: :handshake: :cash: :cash: :cash:
Equities / Re: EXPLOSIVE NEWS! EZPEE
« Last post by king on Today at 05:01:19 PM »
VERY BIG TIS TIME...1850 kambing! :clap: :clap:

:)
 :) :)
 :) :) :)
Global Markets / Re: JACK MA
« Last post by king on Today at 04:58:26 PM »

SERIOUS Investing
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Not all things on Alibaba (or Jack Ma) is great
When Jack Ma said that he is not taking salary being an advisor on Malaysian digital economy aspiration - he does not need to. How much that position pays anyway? There is a word of caution on getting too close and give up too much to these people.

When a person is rich, he is always a hero. That's a reality. Heroes are made from the winners, not losers.

In turning Malaysia as a digital free trade zone hub is great, but too much given to Jack Ma is potentially not good.

I would like to point to the event from these articles where one can read from here, here, here.  You can also find out the event, by googling "Jack Ma Yahoo Alipay".

That event literally, puts into contention that Jack Ma transferred the entire Alipay into his own holding - and both its largest shareholders being Yahoo and Softbank claimed that they did not know about it. In the western world, there would be lawsuits, but in China it is different. Note that Alipay is worth in excess of USD50 billion today. That's a big loss to Yahoo.

Shall I say, in that event, there is this "40 thieves" element in Alibaba. If he did not do wrong, why would he gave up some portion of return to Yahoo in the event of IPO - only later when Yahoo complained?

One should note that there is NO WAY these kind of things can be churned out in most parts of the world except China. When your investors are Yahoo and Softbank, there is no way I can even dare to dream of doing this, but he did it.

Jack Ma is a businessman and a Chinese (from China) man. There is this saying, "The only thing straight about a China man is the hair."

This is the kind of person where our Malaysian government is dealing with. He is a businessman and again a China man. Of course, you welcome him, he will come - he already has business intentions here by virtue of buying stake in Lazada. He has nothing to lose but much to gain.

On a side note, I also noticed that in today's article Thestar, What's cooking in penny stocks, it was mentioned:

Using these big numbers and the China factor, blogs have started talking up the likes of Dataprep Holdings Bhd, GHL Systems Bhd, Rev Asia Bhd, Cuscapi Bhd, Malaysia Airport Holdings Bhd, AirAsia Bhd, DKSH Bhd and Tropicana Bhd, among others.

Airasia, DKSH and Tropicana are linked to my article. I hope that the writer from Star can distinguish a joke and a serious opinion. While Airasia could benefit a little, obviously, DKSH and Tropicana have nothing to do with the DFTZ! The only thing that can be positive from there is that if Malaysian economy is doing well, these companies will do well - but there is no obvious linkage.

Note:
If one is to read the Jack Ma's story, it is a highly inspirational story - from a real underdog and truly a rags to riches.
I am also all for a DFTZ concept as in my other articles.
Equities / Re: BKOON - Proposed disposal by Boon Koon of Hitachi shares
« Last post by 8wpwtmt8 on Today at 04:57:32 PM »
Ghost2016 comments:

Bkoon (7187) - Today last call, next Monday show time.
24/03/2017 (Friday) 15:47
Equities / Re: EXPLOSIVE NEWS! EZPEE
« Last post by CurryLee on Today at 04:53:23 PM »
VERY BIG TIS TIME...1850 kambing! :clap: :clap:
Equities / EXPLOSIVE NEWS! EZPEE
« Last post by CurryLee on Today at 04:52:18 PM »
PETALING JAYA: The Ringgit has bottomed out and the time is ripe for investments to flow back into Malaysia, said a leading fund manager in Asia.

Hong Kong-based Value Partners Group chairman and co-chief investment officer Datuk Seri Cheah Cheng Hye said after three years of underperformance by the Ringgit which saw it depreciate by some 25%, the Malaysian currency has now stabilised and should slowly inch back to its fundamental level of between RM3.80 to RM4.10.

With this, Cheah is also looking to invest back into Malaysia.

“It is quite obvious that the Ringgit has bottomed out, along with crude oil prices. For 2017, we are also starting to see another trend – the weakening of the US Dollar, which is very good news for us. We are seeing emerging markets like Malaysia starting to outperform this year. And outperformance attracts outperformance,” Cheah told a crowd of over 500 people at the Star Media Group’s PowerTalks: Business Series in Eastin Hotel yesterday.

Cheah, also known as the Warren Buffett of Asia, is a former The Star journalist who later became one of the most influential hedge fund managers in Asia. Today, Value Partners, which he co-founded, has around US$14bil (RM62bil) worth of assets under management.

The political situation in Malaysia, he added, is stable.

“While we previously only invested in the Malaysian palm oil sector, we don’t see Malaysia just as a commodity player anymore. Government reforms are improving. We are now looking at some of the Government-linked companies and commercial businesses,” said Cheah.

He added that as it was very likely that the general election would be held this year, the market would also typically perform better.

Cheah said another golden opportunity that had arrived was Chinese nationals, who were the biggest savers in the world. To be precise, they have a savings rate of 46%, all of which is looking for a home to invest in.

“The Chinese have the money and they want to diversify. That is why you see housing bubbles happening in China. They need to put their money somewhere. This gradual liberalisation of the Chinese economy is now happening and all that savings will have to go somewhere. There is a chance that some of that money is going to come over and they will need someone to manage it,” he said.

On the fear that the Chinese government is tightening money flows out of the country, Cheah is not concerned.

“It is true that China’s outflows have been increasing and this is mainly because of the decline in the Renminbi. I don’t think there is anything to worry. The Chinese economy is a controlled economy and they know what they are doing. I don’t feel China is seeking trouble with anyone, especially not with the US. China just wants to fulfil its dream of doubling its per capital income by 2020 or 2021,” said Cheah.

On Alibaba Group founder Jack Ma being an adviser to the newly launched Digital Free Trade Zone (DTFZ) in Malaysia, Cheah is extremely bullish.

“I do know Jack Ma although we are not very close. I would say that he has completely transformed mainland China and changed the way people think of buying and selling things. If Malaysia really gives him a chance, I feel he can very positively impact the Malaysian economy, for example, in making it more efficient.

Cheah was born in Penang in 1954, and started working in The Star at the age of 17 as a newspaper folder before subsequently becoming a reporter. He left Malaysia for Hong Kong in 1974.

He was a journalist for 17 years, including The Star, Asiaweek, Far Eastern Economic Review and The Wall Street Journal (Asian Edition).

He changed his career in 1989, joining Morgan Grenfell in Hong Kong as Head of Research in Hong Kong and China.

In 1993, he started his own business by founding Value Partners in Hong Kong with his partner V-Nee Yeh, with less than US$5mil (RM22.12mil) under management. Today, Value Partners is one of Hong Kong’s biggest success stories.

Cheah is one of the pioneers in institutional investing in China-related stocks and in mid and small stocks.

Free For All / LED LIGHTS
« Last post by king on Today at 04:21:28 PM »

MALAYSIA

Malacca switches to LED street lights to save power
Published: March 26, 2017 03:31 PM GMT+8

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

MALACCA, March 26 — The Malacca government is switching to light-emitting diode (LED) street lights in stages in an effort to save electricity and towards more sustainable development.

State Housing, Local Government and Environment Committee chairman Datuk Ismail Othman said the effort would be carried out by four local authorities, starting with Melaka Historic City Council (MBMB).

He said so far more than 1,000 LED street lights had been installed in tourist areas including Bandar Hilir and Klebang.

“We are very serious in applying green technology which is a state government objective,” he told reporters after the “Earth Hour Night Walk” programme here last night. — Bernama
Personal Finance / Re: FINANCIAL PLANNING
« Last post by king on Today at 04:13:17 PM »

东方脉动  2017年03月25日
PRS更具弹性 妥善规划退休生活
PRS更具弹性 妥善规划退休生活
国人平均寿命增长,为应付退休后的生活,大马个人退休金计划为公积金 外,另一个由政府监督及推广的累积退休积蓄工具。

报导:陈美伊

隨著国人的平均寿命及生活水平逐渐提高,退休后的收入及开销来源已成为政府越加重视的一环,惟目前大部分的国人都未曾为本身的退休生活,做出妥善的规划。

其中,僱员公积金更是国內多数受薪者唯一存有及用于应付退休后开销的工具;然而,根据公积金局的数据显示,在2015年多达65%的公积金会员来到54岁时,公积金存款都少于5万令吉,试问此数额的存款,足够应付未来15至20年的退休生活吗?

更何况,通货膨胀及越来越高的生活消费,將大大削弱退休金的购买力,还有年老后必须应对的个人医药费开销,更是国人提早规划退休生活的必要考量因素。

退休后可选择性提领

因此,要確保国人拥有足够的退休储蓄,政府于2011年联合私人金融机构,正式推出大马私人退休金计划(PRS),为国人提供一个僱员公积金以外,另一个由政府紧密监管的国人退休储蓄计划。

惟財政部副部长拿督李志亮受访时指出,大马私人退休金计划(PRS)自2011年推出至今,却鲜有人了解此计划的用意及好处,以致参与该计划的国人並不多。

他说,其实PRS是由政府紧密监督的一个投资型的退休积蓄累计计划,並由大马证券监督委员会负责监督整个计划架构,而附属財政部的私人退休基金管理局(PPA)则扮演著一站式的中央管理单位,协助投资者掌握本身所投资在各大PRS基金管理公司的基金项目。

「PRS是开放给所有18岁以上的大马公民,也是以储蓄为主的僱员公积金以外,另一个由政府紧密监管的国人退休储蓄计划,好让国人能够享有更优质的晚年生活。」

李志亮也表示,PRS是一个长期性的计划,投资者可从PRS管理公司所提供的各类基金,选择投资的方式及金额,而且极具伸缩性,还可以在退休后选择性地提领。

他强调,除了国人个人进行PRS的投资外,雇主也可以为公司职员进行投资,以作为公司留住人才的另一项附加福利。

「与此同时,PRS基金管理公司所提供的各类投资基金选项也非常多样化,有回酬高但具有风险的、有回酬及风险都处于较为稳健状態的,及保守型与具有固定回酬的基金项目,投资者可更具个人的需求及风险承担能力做出选择。」

可依需求选择不同类型投资降低风险

虽然大马私人退休金计划(PRS),属于投资型累积退休储蓄的计划,而投资也具有一定的风险,回酬不受保障,但在PRS计划下有8家极具实力的金融投资公司推出各项不同类型的基金,降低投资者所面对的风险。

李志亮表示,PRS投资成员可依据个人需求、风险承受度及经济能力,选择投资拥有各种相关资產,如股票、债券、国內外资產及符合伊斯兰教义和常规的基金,以分散投资风险。

「同时,投资者可选择投资在多家PRS基金管理公司的各种基金,加深其多元化,而且基于此为自愿性的投资计划,投资者更可依据生活方式及退休需求改变,自由转换基金或基金管理公司,以达到本身的退休目標。」

此外,他指出,政府为了鼓励更多的年轻人加入PRS的行列,在2014年开始,为30岁以下的投资者推出投资奖励金计划,凡是符合资格者在2014及2015年,透过PRS投资满1000令吉,就可获得政府额外在户口中投入500令吉。

他说,该奖励金计划落实后,首6个月就有1万220人受惠,因此政府更在2017年的財案中宣布,把奖励金额提高至1000令吉,以期能吸引更多年轻人参与。

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10