Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum
October 02, 2014, 04:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Rules, All Must Read!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gold Stocks - Tomei & Poh Kong  (Read 8675 times)
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »

Syabas to those that still keeping these two stocks. Bright future and safe counters.  Thumbs Up Cash Cash Cash

Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »

forestbird
Baronet

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:38 AM »

Syabas to those that still keeping these two stocks. Bright future and safe counters.  Thumbs Up Cash Cash Cash

These are gold retailers ! With the present gold price, do you think anyone want to buy gold chains ? Think wisely !
When I pass through Poh Kong yesterday, the promoters are busy beating "Mosquitos" instead of entertain customers ! Imagine Sunday already like that then what will happen over weekdays ?   Giggle Giggle Giggle 
rainbow
Baron

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »

These are gold retailers ! With the present gold price, do you think anyone want to buy gold chains ? Think wisely !
When I pass through Poh Kong yesterday, the promoters are busy beating "Mosquitos" instead of entertain customers ! Imagine Sunday already like that then what will happen over weekdays ?   Giggle Giggle Giggle 

Retailers don't make money. Their core biz is selling gold bars.

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true
uyafr
Viscount

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:30 AM »

yep.. they are not gold mines, if gold mines then different only story. Gold price goes up, their raw material becomes more expensive.. the more they increase their products like gold chain, the less people will buy. Somemore at the same time still have to pay the same amount of salaries, rental and other expenses. I only can see them having a bleak future, not a bright future.
uyafr
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »

yep.. they are not gold mines, if gold mines then different only story. Gold price goes up, their raw material becomes more expensive.. the more they increase their products like gold chain, the less people will buy. Somemore at the same time still have to pay the same amount of salaries, rental and other expenses. I only can see them having a bleak future, not a bright future.

dispite all that, current positive mood may still drive shares upwards. But how long this mood can last, nobody can tell. Normally in this mood you need to be extra careful
forestbird
Baronet

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 08:46:55 AM »

These are the counters when every counters up up up they are still flat ! But when other counters start to down, these counters will down the most ! Worst than some PN17 counters !  Giggle Giggle Giggle
major
Companion of Honour

i am the game

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:56:52 AM »

They dont just sell gold they sell gold certficates too.No wonder leno run away from the counter. Clap
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »

While the promoters are busy beating mosquitos, Tomei shares going north slowy but surely while Poh Kong shares hold it's price steadily. We're talking bout it's stock here that goes up and not bout it's business.  Cash Cash Cash Cash Cash Cash Cash

Disclaimer: Every "I EAT" thread created were totally owned by Oly Shyte based on personal observation. It does not represent any stock promotion, buy, hold or sell call and most importantly gathering followers. Please make your own decision wisely! - OLY Securities Research
bourse
Companion of Honour

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »

haha.... business like that plus huge inventories loss

but still can made +ve net profit  Laugh Laugh

You can't control the market, but you can control the decisions you make about the money that you have.

axreit / genm / maybank / padini / pohkong / rview / igbreit / cimb / twrreit / petdag / bplant

huayang / ptaras
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »

They misunderstood...... they thought I wan to join venture with those two gold stocks....... I'm only interested in making profits from their uprising........  Giggle Giggle Giggle

Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »

*****, I've made double profits without realising..............  Clap Handshake Cash rofl Giggle

Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 12:42:59 PM »

Poh Kong super bull ahh.....lol....lucky Leno the * sold off earlier.....  Thumbs Up Handshake Cash Cash Cash

forestbird
Baronet

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »

Poh Kong super bull ahh.....lol....lucky Leno the * sold off earlier.....  Thumbs Up Handshake Cash Cash Cash

Clap Clap Clap Cash Cash Cash Cash
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »

These are the counters when every counters up up up they are still flat ! But when other counters start to down, these counters will down the most ! Worst than some PN17 counters !  Giggle Giggle Giggle
Wrong perception right?  Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle

ahbah
Marquess

You got like my best friend ?

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »

Tomei oredi gone down for more than 1 month. Its' bottom oredi over ?
Quisss Sing de Cat
Viscount

i **** $$$

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »

Tomei oredi gone down for more than 1 month. Its' bottom oredi over ?

the trend is downwards ... just my 2 cents
dennis1
Knight

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »

someone, pls check their gold reserve in their Q report. How much ?
Francisco
Companion of Honour

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »

dont buy bird bird counters lar
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

Please stay away if the trend of Tomei is downwards.
wanwandodo
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 02:27:57 AM »

both are medium term uptrend.
bursting soon.
but they r the counters i would avoid.
never like them.
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 02:55:23 AM »

bursting soon.
never like them.
Neither do I but if it's based on speculation as gold price is rising and I'm making money from it, who cares!!!

ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »

bursting soon.
never like them.

You never like them bcos their medium term is uptrend ?
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 04:07:20 PM »

Friday, December 31, 2010TOMEI - Time to accumulate Tomei
Stock Name: TOMEI
Company Name: TOMEI CONSOLIDATED BHD
Research House: HLG

Tomei Consolidated Bhd
(Dec 29, 70 sen)
Accumulate at 67.5 sen with target price of 90 sen: Tomei was listed on the then Second Board in July 2006, and was subsequently transferred to the Main Board in Sept 2007. Tomei was founded in 1968, and has evolved from a small enterprise into an integrated manufacturer and retailer of jewellery.

On the back of appealing gold and gemstone designs, Tomei has set up a total of 59 retail outlets in Malaysia, 10 kiosks in Vietnam and three in China, operating under the brand names of Tomei, My Diamond, TH Jewellery and Le Lumiere.

In 9MFY2010, revenue grew 21% year-on-year to RM263 million while profit after tax jumped 26% to RM16 million, driven by improved consumer spending and higher retail prices for gold.

Investor concern over the sustainability in demand for jewellery as well as margin pressures following the recent spike in gold prices is misplaced as Tomei retains the ability to pass down the rising cost of raw materials.

As Tomei adheres to a policy of purchasing gold on a constant basis, the group benefits when gold prices increase and vice versa due to the average-cost principle. In other words, the spread between the purchase and selling prices of gold increases as gold prices move up, thereby enhancing the group's margins in the process.

Tomei's share price tumbled 18% from a 52-week high of 79.5 sen (Nov 15) to 65 sen (Dec 9) before closing at 67.5 sen (50% FR) on Dec 28, which has fulfilled the minimum retracement target.

In view of the uptick in the momentum and trend indicators after recovering from the oversold territory, indicating that the odds will remain in the bulls' favour as long as the price is held steady above the daily upper uptrend line (UTL) of 64.5 sen or 61.8% FR.

We are eyeing 70 sen (38.2% FR) as the immediate upside target, followed by the 74 sen (23.6% FR), and 80 sen (UTL of the weekly chart). A further run-up above 80 sen will spur prices higher to tough resistance zones of 85 and 90 sen. Immediate support levels are 64.5 and 63 sen (two-month low).

Tomei is trading at trailing 4.2 times price-earnings ratio (based on * four-quarter earnings per share of 16.2 sen), which is greatly undervalued against its peers' PER of 8.9 times.

Our six-month target price is 90 sen, implying a 5.6 times trailing PER, in line with Poh Kong's PER of six times. Stop loss below 63 sen. ' Hong Leong Investment Bank Research, Dec 29

bourse
Companion of Honour

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »

Banking on instant cash
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/2/nation/7723292&sec=nation

The Malaysia Islamic Economic Development Foundation (YaPeim) has Islamic pawnshops throughout the country which are open to both Muslims and non-Muslims. YaPeim only accepts gold jewellery.

You can't control the market, but you can control the decisions you make about the money that you have.

axreit / genm / maybank / padini / pohkong / rview / igbreit / cimb / twrreit / petdag / bplant

huayang / ptaras
bourse
Companion of Honour

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 11:46:11 AM »

Gifts of gold jewellery get smaller and lighter
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/2/nation/7723299&sec=nation

Soaring gold prices have impacted a wide spectrum of Asian life – from pawnshops to wedding gifts.

Despite its high price, friends and relatives of Asian brides are still keeping up with the tradition of giving away gold jewellery.

According to Poh Kong Jewellers, one of Malaysia’s largest jewellery retail chain stores, people still spend the same amount of money but are buying smaller items.

huayang / ptaras
bourse
Companion of Honour

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »

fake jewellery cannot convert back to cash for buying food when broke.....
<<  Gold ornaments purchased from us after deduction of the cost of workmanship as state on the receipt are refundable at the current market price less:
(a) 20% for exchange of new jewellery
(b) 25% for exchange of cash
Loose stones such as diamond, jade, pearl, precious and semi-precious gems, gemset jewelleries and platinum jewelleries are NON-REFUNDABALE. >>

Poh Kong
Revenue = 99% gold + 1% others
Inventory = 99% gold + 1% others

Yikon
Revenue = 100% gold
Inventory = 100% gold
*Gold trading

Tomei
Revenue = 99% gold + 1% others
Inventory = 50% gold + 50% others
*Gold contract

Degem
Revenue = Diamond, Platinum
Inventory = Diamond, Platinum

huayang / ptaras
Quisss Sing de Cat
Viscount

i **** $$$

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »

beware ... Abbah is Najeeb's bursa promoter ...

When he sells property ... property booms
Now he sells Ah Mei ... jaga jaga lor ...  Sweat Sweat Sweat
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »

beware ... Abbah is Najeeb's bursa promoter ...

When he sells property ... property booms
Now he sells Ah Mei ... jaga jaga lor ...  Sweat Sweat Sweat

ahbah ... supporter of Nah Jeep's 1Malaysia

1Malaysia = Malaysians 1st, others 2nd !

Hidup Nah Jeep !
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »

The Hong Leong researcher gave his analyst late by a month. I collected Tomei first because it has better price movement than Poh Kong but after Leno the * announced to the public he sold off his Poh Kong at RM0.43 (or something like that), I quickly study Poh Kong and decided to buy Poh Kong after Leno the * sold off his shares and guess what? It rises and I gain some profits together with Tomei. Furthermore gold price was on it's highest level at that time. It certainly erected gold stock speculators.  Clap Cash Thumbs Up

I dun give a shyte bout it's fundamental because this is the Malaysian market not US.  Cool

ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »

Now, Tomei is up 1.5 sen, last done at 72.5.

The trend is still downwards ?

HLG research's target price for Tomei is 90 sen.
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

Tomei & Poh Kong  got veri stable & consistent quarterly positive net profit ?
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »

bursting soon.
never like them.
What the ***** know? Tomei always making money......... Cash Clap

ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »

What the ***** know? Tomei always making money......... Cash Clap

You are doing right now as host of your topic here.

Please keep on posting your comments / updates on your 2 darling counters.  Thanks.
Quisss Sing de Cat
Viscount

i **** $$$

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »

You are doing right now as host of your topic here.

Please keep on posting your comments / updates on your 2 darling counters.  Thanks.

if u ventures into woman counters ... make sure you know

1. what cup size you belong to
2. how to behave as light as feature ...

ikan besar
Duke

hallo, buy buy OKA, TDM , Century , Caely

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

too much gold will make you old
 Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
 Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

just buy caely the little bra 2 weeks ago
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »

Oly,

Please post your comments on the above 2 postings.  Thanks.
ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 12:14:12 AM »

if u ventures into woman counters ... make sure you know

1. what cup size you belong to
2. how to behave as light as feature ...

You can keep on knowing the cup size you belong but Tomei making moni for me is good enough for me.
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »

too much gold will make you old
 Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
 Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
There are two different gold. One is physical and one is on paper. Mine is on paper. So if I see profits enough for me, I sell off and fcu.k off because I will never be a CEO on both companies no matter how much I invested in.  Clap Thumbs Up Handshake Cash

ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »

There are two different gold. One is physical and one is on paper. Mine is on paper. So if I see profits enough for me, I sell off and fcu.k off because I will never be a CEO on both companies no matter how much I invested in.  Clap Thumbs Up Handshake Cash

Thanks for your comment as host
ikan besar
Duke

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »

too many f f f f **********
also not good for you
the more anger  and stress you are will cost your
cancer cell to grow
 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »

too many f f f f **********
also not good for you
the more anger  and stress you are will cost your
cancer cell to grow
 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
You are right brother. Thanks for you advice. But I type fcu.k only but deep inside my heart I m happy cause I make money mah.

Now you see my Poh Kong.....  Thumbs Up Clap Handshake Cash Cash Cash Cash

ahbah
Marquess

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »

Your Poh Kong got heavi volume today. Any news ?
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »

PETALING JAYA: Jeweller Tomei Consolidated Bhd will dispose of six pieces of land in Kuala Lumpur to Oasis Properties Sdn Bhd for a total of RM4.6mil as part of its on-going cost optimisation and business streamlining strategy,

The disposal will allow the jeweller to re-organise its resources and focus on its core business, it told Bursa Malaysia.

In six separate announcements yesterday, Tomei said several of its wholly-owned units entered into six sale and purchase agreements on Dec 27 to sell its freehold land.

Cool

bb
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »

50 sen  Clap Clap Clap Handshake Handshake Handshake
Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »

No news is good news mah. I think given a little more time, it will rise to it's all time high. Since it's a all time high, I have no TP but I will sell when it suits me. Gold has soar very very high. I expect a minor correction soon and this is particular normal under commodities. However Tomei doesn't look good as Poh Kong. I might just sell the fcu.k off soon.........

Gold tumbled the most in six months on speculation that an economic recovery will curb demand for the metal as a haven. Silver slumped more than 5 percent, and most commodities slid.

Orders placed with U.S. factories unexpectedly rose in November, a report showed today. Yesterday, figures showed manufacturing in the U.S. expanded at the fastest pace in seven months in December. In 2010, gold posted the 10th straight annual gain, outperforming stocks and bonds, amid escalating U.S. and European debt.

“Gold is rolling over,” said Adam Klopfenstein, a senior strategist at Lind-Waldock, a broker in Chicago. “Some of the flight-to-quality bid is coming out of gold. The money that was expected to come into the market isn’t there.”

In other markets, crude oil fell the most in seven weeks as the dollar rallied. Copper also declined. The Thomson Reuters/Jefferies CRB Index of 19 raw materials fell 1.6 percent to 327.73, the biggest slide since mid-November.

Gold futures for February delivery fell $44.10, or 3.1 percent, to $1,378.80 an ounce on the Comex in New York, the biggest decline for a most-active contract since July 1. Yesterday, the metal rose to the highest settlement ever. On Dec. 7, the commodity reached an intraday record of $1,432.50.
 Cry

bourse
Companion of Honour

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 10:36:07 PM »

AGM on 6/1/11.  must push the volume and price up up...  Laugh Laugh

huayang / ptaras
ikan besar
Duke

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »

poh kong sudah over price, jaga sikit oh

Oly Shyte
Earl

I EAT ????????

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »

Tomei.........  Thumbs Up Handshake Cash Cash Cash Cash Cash Cash Clap

Pages: [1]

Jump to: